Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set official order thread

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Under 250,00. orders are tapering of to about 1k per day.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    can we get a few replies on earliest ship dates and latest?

do the earliest orders still have a 6/17 ship date, or, are we into july ship dates?

the reasoning being first strike eligibility.........early birds may get the worm in the 6/17 vs july and august ship dates....
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still showing 6/17 for me.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup 20 set's Ship date 6/17 Flip Flip hurray. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

<< <i>can we get a few replies on earliest ship dates and latest? >>

Earliest........6/17
    Latest..........8/30

Subject to change
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    OPA thanks -

I've heard of 6/17, 7/11, 7/25, (and August dates) hopefully the 6/17 date wont slip - but a 6/27 date sounds more in line with a 2 week increment on ship dates.

If I were a gambling man, I don't think anyone sees these sets before July. I could be wrong, but it is the USM.........
  • Options
    Not sure if anybody seen this video but i thought i'd share it. I hope the link works, if not can someone fix it. Thanks

John Maben Talks About the New 2013 West Point Silver Eagle Set. VIDEO: 6:05 | CoinWeek

http://www.coinweek.com/featured-news/john-maben-talks-about-the-new-2013-west-point-silver-eagle-set-video-605/
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>Not sure if anybody seen this video but i thought i'd share it. I hope the link works, if not can someone fix it. Thanks

John Maben Talks About the New 2013 West Point Silver Eagle Set. VIDEO: 6:05 | CoinWeek

http://www.coinweek.com/featured-news/john-maben-talks-about-the-new-2013-west-point-silver-eagle-set-video-605/ >>

Linked
  • Options
    214,211 ... 5/28...sales have picked up with 9 days to go.
  • Options
    just ordered one set
    order number 4163696x
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya but i don't think they will get there $$$$ back with out the 1st strike lable, Will not rec the coins till Aug some time. I would buy them 2nd hand and pick up a 70 set after the 2nd run they will come down by then. But that is just me thinking, Type2. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭
    I have my set on order.....

Mintage looks like 250k or so, what I would have figured....
    Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    Flipping these will probably be a lot of time and effort for minimal profit.
  • Options
    217,341 .... 5/29...8 days to go.
  • Options
    219,979...5/30...7 days to go
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,967 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    222,979....5/31.....6 days to go & the shipping date is back to 9/30...
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    I see the last day's talley was a nice round 3,000 even. My strategy with these "mint to order during 4 week order period sets" is to place several small 'First Strike" elegible orders and wait. I could always cancel before processed, or return after shipped. I wonder if there are any "phantom orders" in this tally. I expected to see a significant adjustment down after the 2012 set talley closed (didn't really happen).

(l8-)>>

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> I expected to see a significant adjustment down after the 2012 set talley closed (didn't really happen). >>

Final numbers were around 30,000 less than the announced 254k...I would consider that significant
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, my ship date is 9/30. I suppose that this will give me something to look forward to - all summer.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    231,500.....6/3.......3 days remaining. (Sales have been averaging about 3k per day for the last 4 days)
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>231,500.....6/3.......3 days remaining. (Sales have been averaging about 3k per day for the last 4 days) >>

With the bounce for last day sales it does look like the counter will end right about where the 2102 set did....we'll see if it drops after that...
  • Options
    nagsnags Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭
    233,378 - 2 days left...
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Any opinions on MCM's pre-sale of all possible combos? Also, why does NGC label the enhanced mint state Eagle as a "specimen" while PCGS calls it enhanced? Just to be different? I really like the large illustrations on MCM's web site. Just got their email on this a few minutes ago.

Bob
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    Goldmart reduced the 2 coin set price to $289.99 for a PCGS 70 FS

Goldmart Link
  • Options

<< <i>Goldmart reduced the 2 coin set price to $289.99 for a PCGS 70 FS

Goldmart Link >>

What am I missing here? The 2013 set will have a similar mintage as the 2012, yet the 2013 will apparently have two unique coins compared to one for the 2012 set. Also, who knows how these will grade with the new enhanced coin. The 2012 set in PCGS 70 is well above this price. Seems like a no-brainer.
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

Goldmart Link >>

WOW, it looks like even the FS flippers aren't going to much $$ without selling a boatload of these!
  • Options
    brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭
    has the mint start ship it out yet? i contacted coinadvisor guy told me that over 8500 set pcgs70 ordered. i wondering what is outcome for both pcgs and ngc 70 will be.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

Goldmart Link >>

WOW, it looks like even the FS flippers aren't going to much $$ without selling a boatload of these! >>

And that's the issue with unlimited mintages, the large dealers (The real Flippers) buy thousands of sets and yes their margins are thin but again with multiple sets everything balances out.

• Options

<< <i>At $289 per set I may cancel my orders!! >>

That's what I just did. There is no way I'd make the sets for that price.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

That's what I just did. There is no way I'd make the sets for that price. >>

And that's likely the big reason for the decrease in overall sales with the 2012 set, regardless a big score, trickle down win win... for the large dealers
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

And that's likely the big reason for the decrease in overall sales with the 2012 set, regardless a big score, trickle down win win... for the large dealers >>

My original suspicion may be correct. Goldmart was the buyer from the Mint of the 6k sets at the N.O. show on 5/9. It takes money to make moneyimage
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I only ordered 2 sets and did so without the intention of playing the flipping game.
    Too many people got into it in a greedy way and then the mint did as well.....took the easy money off the table and it now takes a lot of upfront cheddar in order to get a big enough slice.
    I'm fine with collecting, though I do miss some of the earlier flips (like the 2006 SAE/GAE annv sets)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I only ordered 2 sets and did so without the intention of playing the flipping game.
    Too many people got into it in a greedy way and then the mint did as well.....took the easy money off the table and it now takes a lot of upfront cheddar in order to get a big enough slice.
    I'm fine with collecting, though I do miss some of the earlier flips (like the 2006 SAE/GAE annv sets) >>

I never intended to flip, but its much easier for me to buy one 70 graded set than to buy 2 and submit like I was going to. Just put my order for 1 at goldmart and cancelled mine at the mint.

Thanks for the heads up
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    Paulyaces76Paulyaces76 Posts: 294 ✭✭
    Just did the same thing. Ordered 3 off of goldmart. I think you can't beat that price.
  • Options
    Just cancelled my 3 sets from the Mint.
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Cancelled mine also, ordered from Goldmart.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    For the price of one MS/PF 70 FS set for Goldmart, you can buy Two from the mint. Does the slab really make a difference if you are not planning on flipping these? I do not see much upside, and there is a good chance that 70's will be easy to obtain. I just do not see the sense in paying that much for 1 slabbed set when I can buy two for the same price.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options

<< <i>For the price of one MS/PF 70 FS set for Goldmart, you can buy Two from the mint. Does the slab really make a difference if you are not planning on flipping these? I do not see much upside, and there is a good chance that 70's will be easy to obtain. I just do not see the sense in paying that much for 1 slabbed set when I can buy two for the same price. >>

It will make sense when it's time to sell. Suggest you do a little bid of research comparing prices of raw versus PCGS 70 FS rev. proofs. I for one, will not take mine with me to the graveimage
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone found a sure-fire way to prevent the spotting on these ASE FS PCGS holder 70 sets, yet???

If not, how long do you intend on "holding"??
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

<< <i>Has anyone found a sure-fire way to prevent the spotting on these ASE FS PCGS holder 70 sets, yet???

If not, how long do you intend on "holding"?? >>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Has anyone found a sure-fire way to prevent the spotting on these ASE FS PCGS holder 70 sets, yet???

>>

Not long it seems....
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>For the price of one MS/PF 70 FS set for Goldmart, you can buy Two from the mint. Does the slab really make a difference if you are not planning on flipping these? I do not see much upside, and there is a good chance that 70's will be easy to obtain. I just do not see the sense in paying that much for 1 slabbed set when I can buy two for the same price. >>

That is how I am actually looking at it. I had/have no intention of submitting these so I am ok. I do agree that it is a very good price if one were going to submit their own anyway

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

None of mine have ever spotted...knock on wood....including the 2006 & 2008 rev of 2007 one. (All PCGS 70's FS) image
  • Options
    JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    I know it's buy the coin not the plastic, but the Goldmart offer doesn't show the exclusive PCGS label. Does it matter?
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can,t we make out own 70s?
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    200!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file