Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set official order thread

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>has anyone confirmed that the mint was or was not delivering the coins to buyers at the New Orleans Money Show? >>

I believe someone in attendance reported no they did not.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>has anyone confirmed that the mint was or was not delivering the coins to buyers at the New Orleans Money Show? >>

I believe someone in attendance reported no they did not. >>

Correct

I'll re post my comment from 5/12 for those that overlooked it.

"The U.S. Mint only had a sample at the show. All sales are being made on line or via the telephone."
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    2manycoins2fewfunds2manycoins2fewfunds Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭
    The mint could easily have a laser numbering system for coins.

Then you could have collectors pump low numbers and be like the currency guys and have * star numbers for replacements, 123456, 555555, radar coins etc, etc.

Maybe we could get them to stamp sheets of metal. Maybe all 50 state quarters on a single uncut sheet.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe we could get them to stamp sheets of metal. Maybe all 50 state quarters on a single uncut sheet. >>

Colorized!
    Yum!

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Latest sales counter 193,652
  • Options

<< <i>Latest sales counter 193,652 >>

At this rate, total will be around 225,000.
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I finally got my one set ordered.
    Confirmation # 41560XXX.

30 September estimate.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    CharlieCCharlieC Posts: 189
    My orders were listed as expected to ship on 06/17/2013.
    It was previously noted in an earlier thread it is "In Progress".
    My orders now have the Cancel button gone.

Added: Cancel button is gone on the orders I have that
    were expected to ship on 07/11/2013.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Added 05/17: The 06/17 orders have the Cancel button gone.
    The 07/11 orders now have the Cancel button back.
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Added: Cancel button is gone on the orders I have that were expected to ship on 07/11/2013. >>

Hum, could the mint removing the cancel box on orders that won't ship for a bit to lock them in???? I noticed my "on hold" order that is expected to ship on 8/8/2013 is now "In Process."
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My orders were listed as expected to ship on 06/17/2013.
    It was previously noted in an earlier thread it is "In Progress".
    My orders now have the Cancel button gone.

Added: Cancel button is gone on the orders I have that
    were expected to ship on 07/11/2013. >>

My order placed in the 1st hour with a 6/17 ship date still has the cancel box....
  • Options
    Latest sales total (5/17)...196,734 ... up by about 3,000 from yesterday.
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 5 units backordered to ship on 7/11 and my cancel box is still there. If you track your order without signing in i.e. order# and last name, the cancel box is gone. Try signing in to your account and then track order, you should be able to still cancel if you want.

Erik
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I got 5 units backordered to ship on 7/11 and my cancel box is still there. If you track your order without signing in i.e. order# and last name, the cancel box is gone. Try signing in to your account and then track order, you should be able to still cancel if you want.

Erik >>

I just did that and you are right, the cancel box is still there but my ship date still says 6/17

• Options
    Thank you for the clarification.
    Much appreciated.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Based on the wide range of delivery dates - looks like we might have a "label" issue here (FS vs non-FS)
  • Options
    GoldMart pre-sale...$349.95 PCGS FS70's......$289.95 NGC ER70's
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Based on the wide range of delivery dates - looks like we might have a "label" issue here (FS vs non-FS) >>

I predict they will all be shipped at the same time or within a week or so. Why would you have these shipping months apart!! Once they make 'em and package them they'll pump em out rapid fire. That's why I'm in no hurry to order mine.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Based on the wide range of delivery dates - looks like we might have a "label" issue here (FS vs non-FS) >>

I predict they will all be shipped at the same time or within a week or so. Why would you have these shipping months apart!! Once they make 'em and package them they'll pump em out rapid fire. That's why I'm in no hurry to order mine. >>

No different than the SF set.....certain number struck before sales completed (I would say around 100k or a tad more) then the rest struck after sales numbers were confirmed. I doubt if they will all be shipped at the same time...thus the different "ship by" dates.

I doubt it will be late September but definitely over a month after the 1st group.
  • Options
    Well this went for $450....and I have no clue what it is!!

WHA!
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well this went for $450....and I have no clue what it is!!

WHA! >>

That is very disturbing, not so much on the seller's part, but on ANACS. The labels definitely lead one to believe that the coins are from the West Point 25th Anniversary set, but clearly they are not. One is a regular proof and the other is a regular bullion issue without the "W". Buyer beware!
  • Options
    I mentioned that particular seller before...Mr. White glove, he misrepresents the POPS and claims pcgs first strike means the coins are the first struck off the dies...See his listings for the 2012 w burnished ase's...
  • Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    That is very disturbing, not so much on the seller's part, but on ANACS. The labels definitely lead one to believe that the coins are from the West Point 25th Anniversary set, but clearly they are not. One is a regular proof and the other is a regular bullion issue without the "W". Buyer beware! >>

But isn't the bullion no mint mark silver eagle coming from West Point (not Denver or Philadelphia) ?
  • Options
    mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

This is one of the HSN musak specials.They take a proof 2013 coin and a w 2013 sae and package them together with a 70 rating from ANACS and try to sell them as a limited edition ieimagenly 498 are available.This moron bought the hype and is now trying to sell it at a profit.Sad really that the uninformed might assume that this is more than 2 available everywhere coins.As you know HSN has some kind of performance contract with anacs.How far they have fallen.image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    That is very disturbing, not so much on the seller's part, but on ANACS. The labels definitely lead one to believe that the coins are from the West Point 25th Anniversary set, but clearly they are not. One is a regular proof and the other is a regular bullion issue without the "W". Buyer beware! >>

But isn't the bullion no mint mark silver eagle coming from West Point (not Denver or Philadelphia) ? >>

partially correct, it's either West Point or San Francisco, but not from the 25th Anniv. set, which will have an enhanced unc. ASE
  • Options
    heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭
    One set ordered @ 8:27pm on 5/10/13, number 41528xxx. Back ordered ship date 8/8/13.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three sets ordered 11pm 5/9, expected ship date 7/25/13.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

But isn't the bullion no mint mark silver eagle coming from West Point (not Denver or Philadelphia) ? >>

bullion is bullion, it doesn't matter where it was minted. Don't fall for any of that bullion minted in West Point, if you want an eagle minted at West Point make sure it has the W, otherwise it's just bullion and should sell at spot price.

• Options
    JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    I know it's an apples to oranges comparison, but is a 1990 no "s" proof Lincoln just copper plated zinc? Sometimes no mint mark when the origin is known makes a difference.
  • Options

<< <i>I know it's an apples to oranges comparison, but is a 1990 no "s" proof Lincoln just copper plated zinc? Sometimes no mint mark when the origin is known makes a difference. >>

Correct, when it was originally intended to have a mint mark. If you find a proof Silver Eagle with no mint mark then we will have a similar situation to the one you presented
  • Options
    Sales total as of 5/20..199,892 +3k from Friday.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sales total as of 5/20..199,892 +3k from Friday. >>

TY for the update OPA.

How many more days will it be offered for sale?
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sales total as of 5/20..199,892 +3k from Friday. >>

TY for the update OPA.

How many more days will it be offered for sale? >>

Last day is June 6th

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    You can deduct 6 of that number as I cancelled my order!!
  • Options
    What do you guys think of the PCGS special label...? At first, I thought it was mistletoe or a Christmas label.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,967 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What do you guys think of the PCGS special label...? At first, I thought it was mistletoe of a Christmas label. >>

The U.S. Mint recently announced the release of the 2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set. To commemorate this special event, PCGS has designed a custom West Point label for these unique American Eagle coins.

To receive this special label, customers must follow these specific submission instructions:
    •Submit coins in the original unopened, sealed Mint packaging for First Strike Designation.
    •Select either Standard or Secure service type (if utilizing Secure, coins are not eligible for the Standard First Strike label or West Point label).
    •Select service level (Coins can be submitted under Modern tier or higher)
    •For the First Strike Designation, please select the additional service option on the submission form for an additional $18 per coin.
    •First Strike cutoff date to be determined – please contact PCGS Customer Service for further information.
    •To indicate your preferred label, please select "Other" on the service level tier and notate "Standard First Strike Label" or "West Point First Strike Label" (labels cannot be combined).
    •For optimal processing, submit these coins on a separate submission form from other grading services.
    •If you would like the capsules returned you to, please note this on the submission form.

PCGS Link
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Logo appears to originate from this type of WP symbol -

• Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Submit coins in the original unopened, sealed Mint packaging for First Strike Designation. >>

Don't understand why we would need to do this if within the 30-day time frame. That means we don't get the packaging back.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,967 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Submit coins in the original unopened, sealed Mint packaging for First Strike Designation. >>

Don't understand why we would need to do this if within the 30-day time frame. That means we don't get the packaging back. >>

You will get the OGP back.....but, you will have to pay return shipping.....Remember the UHR?
  • Options
    CoinMaster1229CoinMaster1229 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭
    I also Can`t understand why they need sealed boxes. That could be an error! image
  • Options

<< <i>I also Can`t understand why they need sealed boxes. That could be an error! image >>

That appears to be an error.

Last sentence of the instructions indicates: •"If you would like the capsules returned you to, please note this on the submission form."

Coins are unique and as long as they qualify time wise for the FS label, Mint packaging should not be a requirement. I'm sure PCGS will correct the instructions.
  • Options
    Guess I probably should have read this thread before commenting on the new thread that was started....
  • Options
    Coin-O-Meter up @ 204,101
  • Options
    FYI....CW article

"According to U.S. Mint officials, one customer at the New Orleans convention placed an order for 6,000 sets, representing $839,700 of the show total in a single purchase."

Goldmart? or the TV hucksters?

CW Article
  • Options
    Coin-O-Meter 206,226

May 23.....Now at 207,200

14 days to go.

• Options

<< <i>Coin-O-Meter 206,226

14 days to go.

image >>

Shipping date for the remaining sets has changed to: "Product will be available for shipping 08/30/2013" from 9/30
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Coin-O-Meter 206,226

14 days to go.

image >>

Shipping date for the remaining sets has changed to: "Product will be available for shipping 08/30/2013" from 9/30 >>

208,725....May 24
  • Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Going to end up about what last year's set finished at I would think.....
    Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>FYI....CW article

"According to U.S. Mint officials, one customer at the New Orleans convention placed an order for 6,000 sets, representing $839,700 of the show total in a single purchase."

Goldmart? or the TV hucksters? >>

China image

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WAG the mintage will be 268,000....

Anyone else?
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file