Options

2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set official order thread

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I know it's buy the coin not the plastic, but the Goldmart offer doesn't show the exclusive PCGS label. Does it matter? >>

I saw the Flag and West Point labels for sale at GM... >>

This image should help settle the debate on "modern" grading between PCGS and NGC.

GoldMart Link >>

Looks like another price drop! >>

Actually the current price is $274.99 for the PCGS graded ones.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new Susan B Anthony dollar to the first person who posts the two coin set in the original package.

Note: May be sent through PayPal. image
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered a set from Goldmart on the first day at $289. When the price dropped yesterday, I gave them a call and asked if they would change the price on my order. The friendly young lady on the phone told me to expect a check for the difference from Goldmart to be enclosed with my order.
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I ordered a set from Goldmart on the first day at $289. When the price dropped yesterday, I gave them a call and asked if they would change the price on my order. The friendly young lady on the phone told me to expect a check for the difference from Goldmart to be enclosed with my order. >>

sounds good to me!

• Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    I think more might be made on selling the raw sets just going by what the 2012 set does. It might be possible to get almost the cost of the set for just the reverse proof alone, then the enhanced coin is mostly profit.
  • Options
    Paulyaces76Paulyaces76 Posts: 294 ✭✭
    281,310 final total!!
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭

<< <i>281,310 final total!! >>

Wow, that was quite a jump. But I am not underestimating the "enhanced" uncirculated coin. Seen in video, I think it is quite pretty and much better represented than by photos. This is the first one made, and supposedly at least for a 2013 version, will only be in this set. I think that makes it a winner.
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>281,310 final total!! >>

image Well, with all the Big Boys selling FS/ER 70's sets, I guess they have to come from somewhere. One would think the big jump at the end would not be FS/ER eligible unless some sort of deal has been made or the TV guys figured out they needed to get in on the band wagon!!! image
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember I had predicted 268,000 in this thread and was pooh-poohed...That might be a good net guess after all the returns, etc.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    Wow.... 30k ordered on the last day. It would not surprise me, if the Mint will be able to get them mailed sooner than later.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow.... 30k ordered on the last day. It would not surprise me, if the Mint will be able to get them mailed sooner than later. >>

That is what I was thinking that someone made a deal with the Mint to get them shipped for FS/ER purposes.
  • Options
    nagsnags Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭
    Being that there is a ton of time to cancel orders, there is little risk to place a big order late. If the sets are selling well you take them. If not, cancel.
  • Options
    Ordered two sets on Wednesday; I will keep one and probably flip the other at some point.
    ANA LM 6100
    Howland Wood winner 2005-2007
    Candidate for the ANA Board of Governors 2013-2015
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone mention the total dollar Mint sales of these sets?

OK, I'll go.......$39,369,334.00
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Well, it will cost about $100 to have a set graded at pcgs with FS.

That puts me at $240 for a 70 set, if I got 1 set and it graded 70.

If I have to send back to the Mint crappy coins, add that to the cost, if I get 69's, add that to the cost.

To spend $40 more and not have to deal with any of it. image

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>To spend $40 more and not have to deal with any of it. >>

• Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    "if I get 69s" realistically when I get 69s
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    When the pop reports are published and there are a good percentage graded 70, won't the price for the sets drop?
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    Paulyaces76Paulyaces76 Posts: 294 ✭✭
    I have never seen the whole unlimited #'s at goldmart or silvertowne! I ordered 5 total between them but, starting to think I am going to get my #$$ handed to me because 100,000 are going to be graded by pcgs. Even if it was a 50K 50K (which it would be more like 80K/20K imho) split of 70/69's wouldn't that # alone make them worthless? Just a huge # of them getting graded by PCGS would make them 230 70's, 165 69's right?
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to flip raw, if this is the first year for the enhanced it will probably be the key to the series.
  • Options

<< <i>I have never seen the whole unlimited #'s at goldmart or silvertowne! I ordered 5 total between them but, starting to think I am going to get my #$$ handed to me because 100,000 are going to be graded by pcgs. Even if it was a 50K 50K (which it would be more like 80K/20K imho) split of 70/69's wouldn't that # alone make them worthless? Just a huge # of them getting graded by PCGS would make them 230 70's, 165 69's right? >>

100,000 graded by PCGS? Now you're dreaming....not gonna happen even in your wildest dreams, although either PCGS or NGC would love those numbers. With the improved quality of similar US Mint products, it would not surprise me that 25% of all sets submitted will obtain a 70 grade, with NGC probably in the 30% + range.
  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    50% 70's wouldn't surprise me.
  • Options
    410a410a Posts: 1,325
    No kidding and not being a wise guy here, but who will you flip to?
    Those coins have been on sale for month(s). Nice coin, but who cares if it is another modern MS 70 when there are 250,000 issued?
    I can be wrong, but I passed on this. Maybe I am wrong.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flip, flip, flip, floppp....

I really think that these sales seem to indicate a total which is : X + Y = Total

X is those bought by interested collectors, and Y is the number bought by flippers. IMO, the second may be greater than the first but in any case the true number of SAE collectors has to be significantly less than 250k. Therefore anything above 250k in future sales might be thought of as "fluff" or overhang.

Well, that might be one way of looking at it...
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    So far, eBay BIN's are over $400...........

eBay BIN's
  • Options
    nagsnags Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭
    Why doesn't the mint do a mint to demand, but with a household limit of 5 or 10? I find it ironic that the folks that want to flip these are the same folks that limit their own ability to flip these.
  • Options

<< <i>So far, eBay BIN's are over $400...........

eBay BIN's >>

And are selling for $399+

eBay sales
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine what that $39 million would have done to certain segments of the coin market if it had been spent differently...

thank goodness so many prefer new and beautiful and perfect and common to old and ugly and worn out and rare, else many of us wouldn't be able to afford our favorite coins

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

<< <i>Imagine what that $39 million would have done to certain segments of the coin market if it had been spent differently...

thank goodness so many prefer new and beautiful and perfect and common to old and ugly and worn out and rare, else many of us wouldn't be able to afford our favorite coins >>

Keeps the grading services in business.image
  • Options
    smartdriversmartdriver Posts: 80 ✭✭
    Hi everyone, I spoke to local coin shop over the phone today and ask how much it will cost to send my proof coin for grading and she said it will cost $40-50 for each coin and they will help me check the coin first to see if it was worth sending it in.

Is $40-50 a normal cost for sending coins in for grading from PCGS or NGC from a local coin shop?
    Thank you in advance.
  • Options

<< <i>Hi everyone, I spoke to local coin shop over the phone today and ask how much it will cost to send my proof coin for grading and she said it will cost $40-50 for each coin and they will help me check the coin first to see if it was worth sending it in.

Is $40-50 a normal cost for sending coins in for grading from PCGS or NGC from a local coin shop?
    Thank you in advance. >>

Yes...PCGS rate

Modern: $14 per coin
    First Strike $18 per coin
    Fee $ 8 per submission
    Postage to & from..approx $15

Don't know about NGC's fees
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Hi everyone, I spoke to local coin shop over the phone today and ask how much it will cost to send my proof coin for grading and she said it will cost $40-50 for each coin and they will help me check the coin first to see if it was worth sending it in.

Thank you in advance. >>

Yes...PCGS rate

Modern: $14 per coin
    First Strike $18 per coin
    Fee $ 8 per submission
    Postage to & from..approx $15

Don't know about NGC's fees >>

probably better to cancel the mint order and buy the MS70s on ebay or from an online dealer such as moderncoinmart.com. If you send your coins in there is no guarantee of a 70 regardless of the opinion of the dealer doing the submitting. Not a whole lot of markup on available 70s. NGC $14 modern grading fee includes early release label.

Problem with sending for grading through a third party is that a five coin minimum is required and if your submitter is including some of his own same coins there's a possibiity he will claim the 70s and stick you with the 69s when they come back from grading.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options

<< <i>I ordered a set from Goldmart on the first day at $289. When the price dropped yesterday, I gave them a call and asked if they would change the price on my order. The friendly young lady on the phone told me to expect a check for the difference from Goldmart to be enclosed with my order. >>

Just did the same....only via email.
    Very good customer service.

Per Goldmart: "You will receive a credit on the difference once your order ships " image
  • Options
    Special Holder from PCGS.....

Special holder from PCGS at Goldmart.....what gives here???

edited to add Standard First Strike label........

• Options

<< <i>Special holder from PCGS at Goldmart.....what gives here??? >>

It appears some of the big boys are getting their own special holders from both PCGS and across the street.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    image Does the slab label really matter?
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options

<< <i>image Does the slab label really matter? >>

NO, though FS seems to!
  • Options
    Ewwww.... I'll stick with the simple flag design (would prefer no graphic at all though).
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    the special label from PCGS was announced in May

special label
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are a few of my favorite Mint Sealed SAE Set things:

No PCGS slab-induced spotting,

No Label choosing,

No aftermarket dealings,

No grading fees,

A return policy,

One price fits almost all,

The delivery box may be four to ten times larger than the product. Cats dig that.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Just did the same....only via email.
    Very good customer service.

Per Goldmart: "You will receive a credit on the difference once your order ships " image >>

Ditto here as well image

Reply I just received:

"Yes if you have purchase the set with Goldmart.com at a higher price, we are going to be sending out a check for the difference
    once your order ships out.

Thank you for the support!"
    BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options

Available Now for Pre-Order:
    2013 West Point Silver Set

Starting at just $169.95 you can reserve your set today, with orders for Early Release and First Strike editions expected to ship late June. These are sold out at the Mint. Included is the highly anticipated, first ever produced Enhanced Brilliant Uncirculated finish on a Silver American Eagle coin.
  • Options

<< <i>These are a few of my favorite Mint Sealed SAE Set things:

No PCGS slab-induced spotting,

No Label choosing,

No aftermarket dealings,

No grading fees,

A return policy,

One price fits almost all,

The delivery box may be four to ten times larger than the product. Cats dig that. >>

OGP doesn't prevent the spot problem.
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

Available Now for Pre-Order:
    2013 West Point Silver Set

Starting at just $169.95 you can reserve your set today, with orders for Early Release and First Strike editions expected to ship late June. These are sold out at the Mint. Included is the highly anticipated, first ever produced Enhanced Brilliant Uncirculated finish on a Silver American Eagle coin. >>

It's a little disturbing getting emails from a grading company offering graded coins from a third party dealer. Just seems a little shady to me. And the fact that it came from "PCGS Customer service" [info@pcgs.com] adds another level of stink.

Full disclosure, I flip coins.
  • Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I'm wondering if these will still start shipping out monday as planned?
  • Options
    It's a little disturbing getting emails from a grading company offering graded coins from a third party dealer. Just seems a little shady to me. And the fact that it came from "PCGS Customer service" [info@pcgs.com] adds another level of stink.

Spam from PCGS customer service on behalf of fhe new dealer - where do I "unsubacribe" from it. Especially an offer to buy pre-screened raw coins at $169 a set... Sign me up.

Edit for typo
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Even pcgs's video shows how unfair it is.

The grader knows how many coins are in an order.

How can a grader, who gets a bucket of 100 coins not think he's going to give this person some 70's ? It would be just human nature.

To be fair pcgs needs to change the way they grade coins, so that 1 coin comes in and 1 coin goes out.

The grader wouldn't know and wouldn't care if that coin was a stand alone from one person or 1 of 1000 from the biggest dealer in the U.S.

• Options
    AbsolutionAbsolution Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    What doesn't make sense is that I was looking at some of the bidding on the presale for the coin and it's up to $389 ish range. Why would anyone bother with eBay if ModernCoinMart or GoldMart sells for cheaper? Bear in mind these are not BIN (Buy it Now), but auctions increasing the bid.
    Successful BST Transactions with: RMLTM79 (seller), Gerard (seller), bgman (buyer), Coinflip (buyer) | Positive Vendor Transactions/Service with: Stuppler & Company (seller)
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What doesn't make sense is that I was looking at some of the bidding on the presale for the coin and it's up to $389 ish range. Why would anyone bother with eBay if ModernCoinMart or GoldMart sells for cheaper? Bear in mind these are not BIN (Buy it Now), but auctions increasing the bid. >>

People will often bid up and pay more at auction as they get wrapped up in the thrill of it.
    And many, many ebayers are not aware they can buy from the mint nor other bullion dealers.

• Options
    CCC image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file