Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set official order thread

Comments

• Options
    I'm new to PCGS and was wondering if there are any benefits to getting the signature labels (Moy / Miles) versus the other labels that are available for the west point set. Thanks!
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if you like to collect autographs. The FS Flag label is the most common and the most desired label for best value.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    Edgar,

That's a SPECIAL DELIVERY !image

Hope you are pleased with the contents.image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I got a shipping notice just now from Goldmart for my PCGS 70 First Strike set. >>

Funny, I just got a "shipping notice" from the US Mint! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    I got a shipping notice Friday morning, however the President did not make it to the post office.

Must have had a "Head" of State meeting.image
  • Options
    newnotesnewnotes Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Just got mine in Western New York State.

Worth the wait. Beautiful coins.

Thanks GM.
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, I finally got my one set ordered.
    Confirmation # 41560XXX.

30 September estimate. >>

Still waiting... I hope to have them by the end of September.
    Seems everyone else has their sets ( larger dealer orders )
    and friends have already cancelled their sets and bought from
    dealers already certified. And, for less money ... Go figure !

I only collect the ASE's raw, so, I'll wait... ( grumble, grumble ).
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also received my first set from GM. Another beauty..flawless PCGS set. I suppose the wait was worth it. Second set has not been logged it with the PO, but I suspect it will be mailed out on Monday.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭
    Postman just knocked on my door......a flawless PCGS 70 set with original packaging from Goldmart. I am happy. image
  • Options
    HSN again has tons of West Point 70 sets on sale. PRICE BREAK marked down from $ 469 to $ 419

Yes a Price that will Break your wallet. p.s. READ MY FLIPPER ALERT POST.
  • Options
    SoundPointSoundPoint Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Also received my first set from GM. Another beauty..flawless PCGS set. I suppose the wait was worth it. >>

8/3/2013

I received my Goldmart order and my US Mint order today.

The Goldmart FS 70 coins were extremely nice. Well worth it IMHO.

However, my US Mint order of 5 sets will be returned. The boxes are very loose like they have been handled before.
    I don't know if they were prior returns, but they don't even compare to the sets I received from GM.

Even the Goldmart boxes came tight. (Like they were never opened)

Just my opinion.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Postman just knocked on my door......a flawless PCGS 70 set with original packaging from Goldmart. I am happy. image >>

I'm happy with my 2 sets from GM also..........gorgeous coins from the US Mint.
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    ....Even the Goldmart boxes came tight. (Like they were never opened)

That is because of the slabs placed in the wooden dox, then in the paper box then stuffed in the plastic sleeve, made shipping easy

(l8-)>>

• Options

<< <i>....Even the Goldmart boxes came tight. (Like they were never opened)

That is decause of the slabs placed in the wooden dox, then in the paper box then stuffed in the plastic sleeve, made shipping easy >>

decause of the slabs placed in the wooden dox
    The coins are deautiful to doot! image
  • Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    dat's dunny
    figglehorn
  • Options
    Here's why they gave us $50 in insurance on their sets via USPS,,,,,,

No effort on their part

• Options

<< <i>Here's why they gave us $50 in insurance on their sets via USPS,,,,,,

No effort on their part

image >>

I did not know that it's a free bee with Priority Mail, unfortunately, bullion cannot be insured and good luck in getting a settlement with bullion related coins ie bullion ASE's, AGE's APE's & "5 oz pucks."
  • Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    Re USPS insurance claims - probably 4 years ago I had a insured package of four pr70 APE $25 coins disappear at a NY post office . The claim was paid without any issues other than the process took a fairly long time.
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Well here it is 8-5-13 and still no shipment of my coins from the US Mint. I get the sense they are waiting for me to cancel but guess what - there will not be any cancelation from me.

I'm going to hold them to their terms of a 30 day open ordering period. And I got my order in on the first day, although at around 11 PM. Still, whatever new rules are in play, I will stand with my order until the day they tell me THEY have canceled my order.

And if they do THAT, I will really believe some outside force has taken control of them.

• Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    I had two sets ordered from the mint. But with so many being returned, I cancelled. Will stick with my GM order.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's why they gave us $50 in insurance on their sets via USPS,,,,,,

No effort on their part

image >>

Gold Bully slick indeed .. nice find .. what was goldmart's pre sale price on the pcgs 70s
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Well well well, my 2 GoldMart 70 Flag Label sets ordered on 6/6 finally came in today (8/5). Just under 2 months. Wow, a new record. They were shipping in 1 Priority Mail padded Flat Rate Envelope. All of the corners on the Mint boxes towards the outside are smashed in and wrinkled up.... image I guess I can live with it since they are in hand and the coins are flawless. Was beginning to worry.

Hopefully all of you that ordered these will eventually get them from the Mint and other middlemen, they are nice coins.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    At the end of the day, GM did deliver right? People need to relax a bit.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

Well the expected ship date from the US Mint of 7-19 has dissapeared from my Order Page. Now there is no expected Ship Date at all. At least that makes more sense that an expected ship date in the past. Now at least the waiting game being played becomes more obvious.
  • Options
    PoppeePoppee Posts: 154 ✭✭
    Received mine from mint yesterday...........
  • Options
    rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭
    Time to stock up before the hoarders get all of them.
    “When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • Options

<< <i>Time to stock up before the hoarders get all of them. >>

GM order still not live at PO. I was hoping this would be over before the Reverse Proof Buffalo fun starts.

It appears as the mint still has shipping issues as the new 5 Star General set will not ship until 9/27.

Its anybodys guess whin the Heard will stampede.
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    I just received my 4 PCGS sets from GM....nice coins...well packed....as advertised
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The latest FS population report. Finally some 67 and 68 grades show up. This might indicate that the big bulk buyers are almost done grading and regular customer orders are3 starting to make it through the process.
    Enhanced Unc. - 2 68's, 3232 69's (27.3%), 8576 70's (72.6%), 11,810 total graded in this report
    Rev. Proof - 1 67, 0 68's, 4089 69's (34.3%), 7828 70's (65.7%), 11,918 total graded in this report

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The latest FS population report. Finally some 67 and 68 grades show up. This might indicate that the big bulk buyers are almost done grading and regular customer orders are3 starting to make it through the process.
    Enhanced Unc. - 2 68's, 3232 69's (27.3%), 8576 70's (72.6%), 11,810 total graded in this report
    Rev. Proof - 1 67, 0 68's, 4089 69's (34.3%), 7828 70's (65.7%), 11,918 total graded in this report >>

Hum, I wonder if the big boys sent the scaps back to the Mint to be shipped out to the little guys or are they selling them as ungraded sets on their websites?
  • Options
    tyler267tyler267 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭✭
    I just got my two PCGS sets from GM, nice coins, I'm happy.
  • Options
    johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

What is SO SAD, I haven't heard a word from "GM" and the 2 set's I have on order are ONLY PCGS 69's
    I will NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN . . . .

I have received 3 other sets from "other" big name Co.'s (2 @ 70's & 1 @ 69)

I did also cancel my order with the US Mint !!!

Blessings

John
  • Options
    Recieved 3 sets from the US mint. The 3 RPs and 2 of the Enhanced look great. At this point I'll keep them and sell the sketchy Enhaced ASE on eBay.

Still no word on the shipment of my GM sets - a mix of PCGS flag70s and NGC blue ER 70s.
  • Options
    badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    Received my set from GM. Has anyone been notified concerning the elusive "refund"? There was nothing in my packaging other than a packing slip.
  • Options
    I received tracking number Friday. Still not live at post office yet. Don't hold your breath for a refund.
    This is the first and last time I will order from GM.

Monday August 05, 2013 8:43 PM

Talk about fast customer service. I placed an online order with APMEX on Saturday afternoon.
    Sent wire payment this morning. Received payment conformation by 1:00PM and received shipment
    notice with tracking info at 6:45PM. Live at FEDEX and on it's way. Will deliver Thursday.

• Options
    Originally I was told by GM CSR that orders paid by cc would recieve a credit at the time of shipping. Of course I was also told that my order would absolutely ,positively ship last week. Then on Friday of last week for sure no later than middle of this week.
  • Options

<< <i>Received my set from GM. Has anyone been notified concerning the elusive "refund"? There was nothing in my packaging other than a packing slip. >>

Thanks for reminding me....none here!
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Received my set from GM. Has anyone been notified concerning the elusive "refund"? There was nothing in my packaging other than a packing slip. >>

Thanks for reminding me....none here! >>

Sounds like the GM President forgot his checkbook when he went to California!!
  • Options

<< <i>I received tracking number Friday. Still not live at post office yet >>

Likewise...generated 8/2 .... not logged in as of 8/6 AM. I did receive my 2d order last week that I placed on 6/6, but this is the first order that I placed in May which is supposed to have a refund included. Never again will I deal with this outfit. image
  • Options
    My order was for the blue West Point Label. Maby he was shipping the Flag Labels first then the West Point Labels.

When your on vacation you do not want to get orders mixed up.
  • Options

<< <i>My order was for the blue West Point Label. Maby he was shipping the Flag Labels first then the West Point Labels.

When your on vacation you do not want to get orders mixed up. >>

Both of my orders were for the Flag Label.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I ordered a set for my mom from the mint. It supposed to ship soon. This one will be opened up. I will let you know if it was one of the rejects that was returned.
  • Options
    numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

I ordered 75 sets on the first day, and received them (finally) last week. I guess the First Strike designation is not possible now. Ugh.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭
    My two sets, which were ordered on release day, finally arrived this morning.

I just noticed that the board that the airtites are in is magnetic!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    best to get off the the bay ... a 28 set lot just sold for $3701.00 or about $130.00 a set raw
  • Options

HELP!!

So, I received three boxes of (25) sets each last week and opened the OUTER boxes today. The first box revealed a SEALED inner box, with the US Mint tape and a signature over the brown tape.

The second two boxes WERE OPENED! Seals broken!

Did anyone else experience this with their order? I have never seen this before. Unbelievable!!!
  • Options

<< <i>I ordered 75 sets on the first day, and received them (finally) last week. I guess the First Strike designation is not possible now. Ugh. >>

If you keep them sealed you should be OK.
    Hopefully the order date is on the enclosed invoice.
    75 sets???? image
  • Options

Goldbully, they are not for me personally, but rather for the company I consult to.

Problem is that the U.S. Mint seals were completely BROKEN on two of the three boxes! I will get pictures posted tomorrow.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I ordered 75 sets on the first day, and received them (finally) last week. I guess the First Strike designation is not possible now. Ugh. >>

If you keep them sealed you should be OK.
    Hopefully the order date is on the enclosed invoice.
    75 sets???? image >>

It used to be that the order date is irrelevant for a FS designation. The mailing date is what counts. My understanding is that the mailing date had to be prior to 7/19 to qualify for FS. Did PCGS change their policy?
  • Options
    LMMLMM Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Got my GM set Saturday but wasn't home, picked up at Post Office today and they are beautiful, FS Red Flag 70's.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file