Home Sports Talk
Options

Penn State Scandal

Comments

• Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    They aren't rioting, most of the people just wanted to see what was going on. There are a few a-holes acting out, but that happens on every campus.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Where is the outrage by the "students" for the fact that their so called leaders helped to allow a man to molest at least 9 innocent children?

It is unbelievable to me the reaction by these idiots!

Robert >>

It's embarrassing. This is making global news. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    They aren't rioting, most of the people just wanted to see what was going on. There are a few a-holes acting out, but that happens on every campus.

I respectfully disagree. An ESPN reporter on the ground has been hit by rocks and a media van has been overturned.

This goes beyond kids wanting to see what is going on.

Robert
  • Options
    The students are angry at the board of directors and the board of trustees. But they are also angry about what happened to the victims.
  • Options
    I was down there, I respectfully disagree with the ESPN reporter who wants a bigger headline.
  • Options
    Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    I believe that they are angry about the victims as well.

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.

Robert
  • Options

<< <i>They aren't rioting, most of the people just wanted to see what was going on. There are a few a-holes acting out, but that happens on every campus. >>

RIOT VIDEO

Seriously Penn State people must be retarded. Look at there Lies in here.
  • Options
    My friend, one flipped van and a couple windows broken is hardly a riot.
  • Options
    To lump the student body and alumni of Penn State into a category with a pedophile and 2 men facing felony charges is retarded.
  • Options

<< <i>To lump the student body and alumni of Penn State into a category with a pedophile and 2 men facing felony charges is retarded. >>

Sister of Jerry Sandusky victim talks about the pain of life at Penn State where students are joking about being 'Sanduskied'

In a parallel universe, going to class might be a nice distraction, to get her mind off the chaos surrounding the arrest of the man accused of molesting her brother.

But not as a junior at Penn State, where students are making jokes about being “Sanduskied.”

“I can’t escape it,” said the junior, whose brother was allegedly molested in a shower by former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky when he was 11.

“I’ve been going to minimal classes, because every class I go to I get sick to my stomach. People are making jokes about it. I understand they don’t know I’m involved and it was my brother, but it’s still really hard to swallow that.”

Read More

I rest my case..

Oh and look for more horror stories coming out.

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS
    This is a deadly serious matter. Keep the victims in your thoughts. Cannot emphasize that enough. In your thoughts.
    1 hour ago

If what I was told tonight about the details of the new allegation in Sandusky child sex case is true, it will horrify the public.
    1 hour ago

I can confirm there will soon be new, major allegation involving child sex abuse in Sandusky case. Told tonite it could come before Saturday
    1 hour ago
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    When Jerry Sandusky "retired" at 55 years old in 1999, he was a two time National Championship winning defensive coordinator at "Linebacker U" and the heir apparent to Joe Paterno. You mean to tell me nobody gave him a call with a job offer, and if they did, he didn't accept it? That means one of two things:

1) There is a massive conspiracy where the university told him they'd allow him to stick around, run his charity and do as he pleases.

2) He was so evil (and he certainly is that) that knowing what he had...easy access to young boys...he was content to stick around and not have to reestablish this pattern of behavior in another high profile position at another place.

It's either a massive conspiracy or one of the most evil-pre-meditated things I could ever conceive of. Perhaps both!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>To lump the student body and alumni of Penn State into a category with a pedophile and 2 men facing felony charges is retarded. >>

Sister of Jerry Sandusky victim talks about the pain of life at Penn State where students are joking about being 'Sanduskied'

In a parallel universe, going to class might be a nice distraction, to get her mind off the chaos surrounding the arrest of the man accused of molesting her brother.

But not as a junior at Penn State, where students are making jokes about being “Sanduskied.”

“I can’t escape it,” said the junior, whose brother was allegedly molested in a shower by former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky when he was 11.

“I’ve been going to minimal classes, because every class I go to I get sick to my stomach. People are making jokes about it. I understand they don’t know I’m involved and it was my brother, but it’s still really hard to swallow that.”

Read More

I rest my case..
    >>

You think only Penn St students would be making those jokes? I'm pretty sure you would get those kinds of comments at any college campus around the country, as sad as that is. That's why there's videos on youtube and other websites like College Humor joking about "Bro-Rape" and all types of other crap. That's a reflection on our messed up society, not just Penn State.

• Options

<< <i>I know you are passionate about Penn State and all things PA, but Paterno has no one to blame for his demise but himself. Those kids had their innocence stolen from them, and are likely scarred for life because of it. . >>

My brother was an umpire in our little league in 1980. The head of umpiring did these same things to my brother. When my
    dad found out about it, he actually got mad at my brother, and not the guy who did it. That's the way my dad's generation
    feels about these things.

My brother is 50 years old, happily married, and is the manager of a stock market clearing firm in New York City after
    graduating with honors from Rutgers.

He obviously is not scarred for life because of it. He's actually been blessed, and lives a very good life. He holds
    no feelings towards those events of his childhood. Time heals wounds for many.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    No one can even attempt to understand what goes on in the minds of the predators or the abused...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

<< <i>
    I'm sure Paterno will face civil charges from all the victims. >>

How is that ?

Paterno followed the letter of the law to a T.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I know you are passionate about Penn State and all things PA, but Paterno has no one to blame for his demise but himself. Those kids had their innocence stolen from them, and are likely scarred for life because of it. . >>

My brother was an umpire in our little league in 1980. The head of umpiring did these same things to my brother. When my
    dad found out about it, he actually got mad at my brother, and not the guy who did it. That's the way my dad's generation
    feels about these things.

My brother is 50 years old, happily married, and is the manager of a stock market clearing firm in New York City after
    graduating with honors from Rutgers.

He obviously is not scarred for life because of it. He's actually been blessed, and lives a very good life. He holds
    no feelings towards those events of his childhood. Time heals wounds for many. >>

Of course it's an individual thing. We all have our scars and various nightmares from these scars. I remember reading about Mantle and he said he always had this recurring nightmare after he retired...(paraphrase) that he was outside the ballpark, looking to get in and he couldn't get in, and he said he would then wakeup in a cold sweat.

So here was one of the best baseball players of all time, having nightmares about baseball. One would think that a nightmare about baseball would be about the last nightmare Mantle would ever have. But of course retiring evidentally affected him this way badly for a variety of fairly obvious reasons.

These kids unfortunately will likely have recurring nightmares about this alleged criminal punk. Of course as the dreams develop, it will likely be in the form of a monster or viscious animal or something like that attacking them or grabbing them in some way, and of course that monster or viscious animal in the dream would actually be the alleged crimal punk who sodomized and raped them.

I basically agree with that general story that outside the spectrum of a reporter shoving a microphone in their face and asking them to divulge the sordid details, I think most of them and hopefully all of them will likely do just fine in life. The money that they will receive from the lawsuit should help them to get some good counseling, and I would recommend to all of them to get that counseling, whether they think they need it or not, with a trained psychiatrist experienced in treating victims of child abuse and molestation - it would be of tremendous benefit to them and well worth the money spent on the counseling.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. I applaud the Penn State board for doing the right thing, and taking control of the university away from their previously de-facto dictator. The healing process has begun.

Paterno's "retirement" and telling the board what to do was disgusting and selfish, but not surprising. After that statement, I have less respect for Paterno that I did for Woody Hayes when he left Ohio State in disgrace.
  • Options
    Personally:
    The only thing I care about right now is that they fire McQueary and the janitors (who witnessed a different shower incident and never did anything about it other than report it). They also need to fire (or place on leave) ANYONE on the campus police force who has been employed since 1998. Same with ALL employees of the Penn State football program - if you have worked there since 1998, you're gone until an investigation can be done.

I simply do not believe that Spanier, Paterno, Curley, Shultz and McQueary were the only people who were aware of this cover-up. I'd go so far as to say that I bet many/most of the long-time Board of Trustee members knew about it.

Every employee should be investigated and should be under suspicion.

How you put a football team on the field this Saturday is beyond me.

Why aren't these clueless college kids on the lawn of McQueary or Sandusky?
    South of Heaven...North of Canada
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I just heard they called him on the phone and fired him. 40 damn years of service and you call the man?

Grow some balls Penn State ! >>

Maybe Joe Pa should have had the balls to call the police in 2002. MJ >>

I agree, but come on, a phone call. That really is low >>

I may be in the minority here, but, given the circumstatnces, there was no way for the Board to meet Paterno in person without creating a circus. They promised "swift, decisive" action, and they delivered. I commend them for that -- someone at Penn State finally showed some leadership in this sordid affair.

After Paterno's arrogant "retirement" earlier that day, the Board probably did not give a crap about giving Paterno the "courtesy" of being informed in person.
  • Options

<< <i>

? >>

It's beyond you ?

You've got innocent, hard working kids, who have given four or five years of blood, sweat, and injuries to play football
    at PSU, and they are going to be rightfully recognized this Saturday for their efforts and dedication. Do you want
    more innocent kids to suffer this weekend because of a couple of idiots ? Haven't enough kids suffered already ?

You have been pleading your case for the kids who have suffered unrighteously at the hands of Sandusky, and yet you wish to cause
    more innocent kids to suffer ?
  • Options

<< <i>Personally:
    The only thing I care about right now is that they fire McQueary and the janitors (who witnessed a different shower incident and never did anything about it other than report it). They also need to fire (or place on leave) ANYONE on the campus police force who has been employed since 1998. Same with ALL employees of the Penn State football program - if you have worked there since 1998, you're gone until an investigation can be done.

>>

I have to believe that McQueary does not want to even be on the sidelines this Saturday a face a media firestorm. I don't see how he can concetrate on coaching anyway -- he is probably reliving the whole incident in his mind and feeling very guilty about the whole situation. The interim head coach should let McQueary go today put him out of his misery (and I suspect he will).
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Personally:

>>

I have to believe that McQueary does not want to even be on the sidelines this Saturday a face a media firestorm. I don't see how he can concetrate on coaching anyway -- he is probably reliving the whole incident in his mind and feeling very guilty about the whole situation. The interim head coach should let McQueary go today put him out of his misery (and I suspect he will). >>

I agree. No way that guy is on the sidelines this weekend.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

? >>

It's beyond you ?

You've got innocent, hard working kids, who have given four or five years of blood, sweat, and injuries to play football
    at PSU, and they are going to be rightfully recognized this Saturday for their efforts and dedication. Do you want
    more innocent kids to suffer this weekend because of a couple of idiots ? Haven't enough kids suffered already ?

You have been pleading your case for the kids who have suffered unrighteously at the hands of Sandusky, and yet you wish to cause
    more innocent kids to suffer ? >>

I agree. Now that Paterno is gone (and hopefully McQueary as well), playing this game is part of the healing process.
  • Options
    I also read in the online Phila Inquirer that the fans are planning a "blue out" (as opposed to a "white out") in support of the victims. They are selling blue T-shirts for $10 each with 100% of the proceeds to help abused childern in PA.
  • Options
    I guess you and I just see this differently, edmundfitz...

I don't think about football. I think about it this way: 'What should I do to foster good will in the community, show respect for the kids and families involved, and show the world that Penn State WILL DO WHATEVER IS NECESSARY to prioritize the truly important issues.'

How do you know everyone on the team WANTS to play? Realizing you've been showering in the same room that kids were raped in and realizing that your coach 'should have done more' and realizing that your school has covered this up for over a decade would outrage me. I'm not sure I would feel very much pride on Saturday. Embarrassment? Yes. Pride? Not so much.
  • Options

<< <i>
    I don't think about football. I think about it this way: 'What should I do to foster good will in the community, show respect for the kids and families involved, and show the world that Penn State WILL DO WHATEVER IS NECESSARY to prioritize the truly important issues.'

. >>

These kids have been playing football since they were young lads. When they get recognized this Saturday, their thoughts
    will not be towards Penn State, or the victims, or Sandusky. Their thoughts and feelings will be towards mom and dad, and
    all their years of playing football through Pop Warner, high school, and college. They are realizing that their football
    careers are over, and all their years of playing since they were 7 years old will race through their minds.

Unfortunately they could suffer because people like you would want to rob them of this well deserved honor.
    You would want them to forfeit this honor and recognition they rightfully deserve.

I'm sure they're thinking #$%$ Sandusky and people like you who are trying to ruin their moment by bringing
    this issue onto the football field. The football field belongs to these young kids this weekend. Leave them out of it.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The students are angry at the board of directors and the board of trustees. But they are also angry about what happened to the victims. >>

Are you suggesting that flipping over the fan was done to honor the victims? C'mon man? Rioting in the streets (screaming about the firing of Paterno) serves to further dishonor the victims, not vice-versa. Of all the reactions at PSU- there is still only 1 body who has acted appropriately, and that is the Board of Trustees.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    ESPN just reported that the board of trustees wants to appoint Mike Vick as the next head football coach at Penn State.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Andy Staples makes great commentary on the student reaction:

"We'll pause here for a brief public service announcement: Kids, don't drink and approach people with microphones. YouTube is forever. Many of those students will have children of their own in a few years, and then they'll finally understand why so many felt so disgusted by the way those in power at Penn State handled this nightmare. They'll realize they embarrassed themselves, their families and their university. They'll feel awfully stupid about the way they acted Wednesday, so don't be too hard on them. The hangover will come. Someday, they'll realize Joe Paterno wasn't the victim in this case. A bunch of innocent kids were."

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    I never suggested that the current players don't deserve the honor of Homecoming. But it sucks for them that Homecoming happens to come one week after the biggest, most horrific scandal in college sports gets exposed at their university. I just think that the football game is secondary to everything else that is going on.

I would like to ask you to acknowledge that we disagree and move on....but "people like you" have to go and ruin this thread by trying to convince me that i am wrong, when I am not.
  • Options
    From a NY Times online story, these are direct quotes and accounts of what was going on last night. Draw your own conclusions:

“We got rowdy and we got maced,” Jeff Heim, 19, said rubbing his red, teary eyes. “But make no mistake, the board started this riot by firing our coach. They tarnished a legend.”

Paul Howard, 24, an aerospace engineering student, jeered the police. “Of course we’re going to riot,” he said. “What do they expect when they tell us at 10 o’clock that they fired our football coach?”

Just before midnight police lost control of the crowd. Chanting, “Tip the van,” they toppled the news vehicle and then brought down a nearby lamppost. When police opened up with spray, some in the crowd responded by hurling rocks, cans of soda and flares. They also tore down street signs, tipped over trashcans and newspaper vending boxes and shattered car windows.

Link to NY Times article

Robert
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    While we're on the subject of grown men looking the other way:

Red Sox
  • Options

<< <i>I never suggested that the current players don't deserve the honor of Homecoming. . >>

You most certainly did. You said how these kids could play their homecoming game is beyond you. You want to
    victimize these hard working kids because of the stupid actions of a couple of clowns. You want nothing more then
    to have these kids day in the sun ruined. You feel nothing towards their accomplishments and how they should be
    recognized. You would rather they suffer just like Sandusky made kids suffer. So even though Sandusky made kids
    suffer on a much larger scale, you would like to see innocent kids suffer on a much smaller scale.

Just own up to it pal. You have no feelings towards these hard working kids and how they would feel if this
    football game was cancelled. You would like them to be victimized as well.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Steve, no offense, but your analogies are really becoming ludicrous...
    Using the Holocaust to somehow minimize the emotional toll of being sexually abused? Really? >>

+1 ... Steve ... are you serious????
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Steve, no offense, but your analogies are really becoming ludicrous...
    Using the Holocaust to somehow minimize the emotional toll of being sexually abused? Really? >>

+1 ... Steve ... are you serious???? >>

Doug - Completely serious. I have done a lot of reading and study on the subject of recovery. One good recovery method I have found is to show an example of something equal or worse which happened to somebody else, and how they successfully recovered from it...in order to give hope and encouragement that "if they can successfully recover, then you can also" - the "strategy" does seem to work well.

It doesn't get much worse than WW2 and the Holocaust. Children not only were abused about as bad as can be imagined in those Nazi concentration camps, including those "experiments" done by the infamous Dr. Mengele, but they lived with constant fear of death which could happen to them at any minute. I have read much about these Nazi concentration camp child survivors and although they don't forget, they have moved on with their lives to get married and raise fine families, enjoy a good life, and some of them have become quite successful in business and elsewhere.

That was the point of my post...hope and encouragement. Sorry if Tim didn't see it that way, but perhaps now he will.
  • Options

Interesting on campus photo from CNNSI.com.

Robert
  • Options

<< <i>You most certainly did. You said how these kids could play their homecoming game is beyond you. You want to
    victimize these hard working kids because of the stupid actions of a couple of clowns. You want nothing more then
    to have these kids day in the sun ruined. You feel nothing towards their accomplishments and how they should be
    recognized. You would rather they suffer just like Sandusky made kids suffer. So even though Sandusky made kids
    suffer on a much larger scale, you would like to see innocent kids suffer on a much smaller scale.

Just own up to it pal. You have no feelings towards these hard working kids and how they would feel if this
    football game was cancelled. You would like them to be victimized as well. >>

You either (a) cannot read, or (b) cannot understand what you read. Therefore, I cannot debate you on this subject. It's shocking (actually, not really) how many assumptions are made about other members in threads like this.

So far:
    I am a left-wing liberal (stevek)
    I am pro-abortion (detroitfan2)
    I "would rather [Penn State football players] suffer just like Sandusky made kids suffer" (edfitz)

Are you aware of how ignorant you are?

You see, I don't make assumptions like you do. I state either facts or my own opinions. I don't presume to know why you want the players to play the game - I let you explain it for yourself. I, in turn, gave my own opinion on why I believe the University (not the players) should consider focusing on more important issues.

You cannot handle the fact that I won't see it your way. That's not my problem. That is your problem. I wish you no ill will. Same with everyone who has typed in this thread. But i am confident in the way I feel personally about this entire mess. I sleep just fine at night.

I'm done with you....beat it, kid
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭✭
    The bashing of Paterno isn't political huh? Believing that is quite laughable, and displays a real lack of understanding of the left wing media and how they operate with pushing their agenda. I never stated it was all political towards Paterno, of course it isn't all political, but I do believe it is mostly political. Check out the below news story, which took me about one minute to find. Should Obama resign over this? You tell us.

I must have missed the part in the article where Jennings told Obama about the abuse and left it up to Obama to investigate and met out punishment without ever following up....ohh wait that's right, that never happened. And these are analogous situations how?

Honestly I can't believe how pathetic it is to try and paint this as a liberal media frenzy instead of an epic failure by all the adults involved in this situation. Until you brought it up I didn't have the faintest idea Paterno was a conservative and not a single article I read on ESPN, SI or MSNSports made a single mention of his political affiliation. The reason for that is because it doesn't matter. Now will some of the left wing media liberals jump on the bandwagon? Absolutely it is what they tend to do.

if Barney Frank was the Penn State football coach, this story about Penn State wouldn't even be reported by the liberal media - it would probably only be on Fox News...and this point shouldn't even be debatable it's so obvious.

The fact that you actually believe this story would have been swept under the rug by the liberal media simply shows just how irrational you are. There is certainly a place for political debates but this story isn't one of them.

Robb
  • Options

<< <i>
    I'm done with you....beat it, kid >>

I'm glad you're done with me, because I'm still not done with you. You have yet to answer this simple question.

I would like you to explain why you would like these hard working seniors forfeit their football game and
    the recognition they deserve. You said it's beyond you that they could play this game. So please
    explain to us why it's beyond you for these innocent kids to play the game they deserve to play.

We're all waiting for that simple explanation, but you fail to give it.

• Options
    It seems that the only people who can't see that Paterno did wrong are a few Penn State students....and SteveK.

THe Penn state students are young, dumb, and full of c*m, so they get at least a little bit of a benefit of that.

SteveK, the degree that which you are trying to defend him is bewildering...and in fact your entire argument and everything you have written in this thread may be the most ludicrous
    defense these boards have ever seen.

Are you sure about that five minutes!?
  • Options

<< <i>While we're on the subject of grown men looking the other way:

Red Sox >>

Interesting. I did not even hear about this, and you think I would being a Red Sox fan.

I DID hear about the NHL hockey players who were molested in their youth by their coach, but that story only made it in the circles that follow hockey, not really nationally. The possible silver lining to the PSU tragedy is that all such instances, hopefully, will be given the attention needed to address the situations and hopefully avoid future tragedies.
  • Options

<< <i>It seems that the only people who can't see that Paterno did wrong are a few Penn State students....and SteveK.

THe Penn state students are young, dumb, and full of c*m, so they get at least a little bit of a benefit of that.

SteveK, the degree that which you are trying to defend him is bewildering...and in fact your entire argument and everything you have written in this thread may be the most ludicrous
    defense these boards have ever seen. >>

Are you serious ? The most ludicrous defense these boards have ever seen ? Aren't we getting a little extreme here ?
    Or do you have an ax to grind ? You must not have been here when axtell was here.
  • Options

<< <i>The bashing of Paterno isn't political huh? Believing that is quite laughable, and displays a real lack of understanding of the left wing media and how they operate with pushing their agenda. I never stated it was all political towards Paterno, of course it isn't all political, but I do believe it is mostly political. Check out the below news story, which took me about one minute to find. Should Obama resign over this? You tell us.

I must have missed the part in the article where Jennings told Obama about the abuse and left it up to Obama to investigate and met out punishment without ever following up....ohh wait that's right, that never happened. And these are analogous situations how?

Honestly I can't believe how pathetic it is to try and paint this as a liberal media frenzy instead of an epic failure by all the adults involved in this situation. Until you brought it up I didn't have the faintest idea Paterno was a conservative and not a single article I read on ESPN, SI or MSNSports made a single mention of his political affiliation. The reason for that is because it doesn't matter. Now will some of the left wing media liberals jump on the bandwagon? Absolutely it is what they tend to do.

if Barney Frank was the Penn State football coach, this story about Penn State wouldn't even be reported by the liberal media - it would probably only be on Fox News...and this point shouldn't even be debatable it's so obvious.

The fact that you actually believe this story would have been swept under the rug by the liberal media simply shows just how irrational you are. There is certainly a place for political debates but this story isn't one of them.

Robb >>

I would like to retort as you've misconstrued some of my points, but sorry Robb...Grote15 sternly told me to no longer talk politics, so I have to abide by his decision because Grote15 also told me if I do not, then the punishment would be I would have to watch every Mets game from start to finish during the 2012 season, and that wouild be too unbearable for me. LOL
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm done with you....beat it, kid >>

>>

Coach Sandusky is that you? image
  • Options

<< <i>may be the most ludicrous defense these boards have ever seen. >>

Must be pretty bad if you didn't mention Ryan Howard. image
  • Options

<< <i>I would like you to explain why you would like these hard working seniors forfeit their football game and
    the recognition they deserve. You said it's beyond you that they could play this game. So please
    explain to us why it's beyond you for these innocent kids to play the game they deserve to play.

We're all waiting for that simple explanation, but you fail to give it. >>

Last time, dude. Read my initial post about 'how can they play this game'...

You MADE THE ASSUMPTION that I was talking about the players! Your assumption is WRONG!
    I do not expect the players to forfeit their last home game. I never said anything of the sort.

I suggested, as a UNIVERSITY struggling to deal with a foundation-rocking scandal, it may not be in their best
    interest (as a University) to play a football game this week.

Disagree with me if you choose, I couldn't care less....but don't make yourself look like a dope by typing
    that I want the players to suffer as much as Sandusky made the kids suffer.

Done with you.
  • Options

<< <i>It seems that the only people who can't see that Paterno did wrong are a few Penn State students....and SteveK.

defense these boards have ever seen. >>

Add to that the Penn State Board of Trustees...even though Paterno was fired, the Board speaker at the news conference clearly stated that the facts are not out yet about Joe Paterno, and he didn't accuse Paterno of doing anything wrong. I've already stated this before, if the facts come out against Paterno, then i would change my viewpoint...but there have been no facts or evidence presented yet in regards to any wrongdoing by Paterno.

So who should we believe, the board speaker or you? LOL

As usual, you speak with forked tongue out of your arse.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>You most certainly did. You said how these kids could play their homecoming game is beyond you. You want to

football game was cancelled. You would like them to be victimized as well. >>

You either (a) cannot read, or (b) cannot understand what you read. Therefore, I cannot debate you on this subject. It's shocking (actually, not really) how many assumptions are made about other members in threads like this.

So far:
    I am a left-wing liberal (stevek)
    I am pro-abortion (detroitfan2)
    I "would rather [Penn State football players] suffer just like Sandusky made kids suffer" (edfitz)

Are you aware of how ignorant you are?

You see, I don't make assumptions like you do. I state either facts or my own opinions. I don't presume to know why you want the players to play the game - I let you explain it for yourself. I, in turn, gave my own opinion on why I believe the University (not the players) should consider focusing on more important issues.

You cannot handle the fact that I won't see it your way. That's not my problem. That is your problem. I wish you no ill will. Same with everyone who has typed in this thread. But i am confident in the way I feel personally about this entire mess. I sleep just fine at night.

I'm done with you....beat it, kid >>

If you would simply come out and say that you are not pro-abortion, then I will stop thinking it, but you never do that, do you?

Furthermore, anytime you are caught as the proverbial pot calling the kettle black, and that happens often, you respond by resorting to the very unoriginal "keep typing from your basement you loser" or "beat it kid" posts. Quite honestly, of all the people who have posted in this thread, there I some people I agree with and some people I disagree with. But, at least to me, not one of these people come across as more impressed with their own personal standards of morality than you do, and I think therein lies the issue.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>may be the most ludicrous defense these boards have ever seen. >>

Must be pretty bad if you didn't mention Ryan Howard. image >>

lol.

SteveK is probably a little off because he is probably still reeling from Ryan 'last out' Howard...so maybe that explains things in this thread.

I debated Axtell in the past, and he is not as nearly as biased as SteveK....though now that I recall, he did have some of those weird 9/11 theories. Yikes.

Yeah, ok SteveK, the board thinks he did nothing wrong...but fired him anyway. Yeah, I am sure that is it, LOL!

PS, I am not sure I would believe ANYONE in that leadership...considering they are implicit in letting a child predator do his thing at will, while they walked around with their cowardly tails between their legs...so their almighty overrated football program wouldn't be tarnished! Now the egg is on them.
    Are you sure about that five minutes!?