Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>These things are causing so much problems...I have 2 boxes (one my dads, another a friends) and they gave them to me to sell for them since I didn't get a box. After deciding how/who to sell them, they now want to go the ebay route and "that's that". So now I have to step on people's feet for no reason...just want these out of my hands and in this in the past! Sorry for the rant...haha >>

That's why, when I sell for friends, I don't do it until the sets are IN MY HANDS and they know that they no longer have control of the sets (they know what the monies will be by at least that time). I never commit until I have the sets in my hands.

This is why I shook my head at all the early exuberance of the flipping mentality of quick riches when this started. I have seen this played out many times and people do not look at the downside early enough...they are blinded by the money $$$ and the "it won't happen to me".

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>Had to happen sooner or later, just looking at newly listed sets on feebay, xray images of sealed box

x ray listing >>

Thats pretty cool looking...
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My local B&M guy would be all:

"Let's see.. Spot silver is $35.50... I could give you.. a dollar over spot... $36.90 x 5... $184.50." >>

Did you offer him $2 over spot for any he had in stock?

Sounds like the B&M guys around me. Don't you love'em!

Reminds me of an antique store I visited with my parents when I was a kid. They had a huge sign outside that said, "We buy junk - We sell Antiques."
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re X-Ray guy...if that's not the sign of a bubble, I don't know what is?

And it's funny, because I also have access to X-ray gear...and yesterday, just for a split second, I thought about doing the same thing...until sanity returned!

Well...at least they didn't try putting it in an MRI...and blowing up the room!
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I called my local BM yesterday they had one available for $720, seemed like a fair price.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt be surprised if unopened boxes of 5 will hit $5k in the coming weeks.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options

<< <i>I wouldnt be surprised if unopened boxes of 5 will hit $5k in the coming weeks. >>

Likely they will.
    It is still somewhat similar to the 2006 sets. The home shopping networks are likely trying to build their supply as SAEs are super popular and if they don't look like they have supply, at their high prices, on popular and modern product, then the perception can be bad for them.

They are likely getting a number of these, through middlemen, is my guess. There are others after them as well, and soon, it will heat up a bit more. If I can sell my mom's set of 3 for close to $3000 for her, she will be ecstatic (my set of 5 are already at PCGS as I am gambling on the graded route).

The closer to Christmas, the more magazines with people whining about not getting these, and the more they come out to sell, the more likely prices will climb for awhile. People want what's "hot", not what's "not"

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wouldnt be surprised if unopened boxes of 5 will hit $5k in the coming weeks. >>

I'd say on ebay... $4500-4900 before Thanksgiving.. here on the BST legit sellers $4200-4500.. Legit offers to Buy $4k. JMHO.image Happy Thanksgiving. might have to have a Turkey a Ham and a Prime Rib Roast! image
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the same store that offered me flat spot for proof platinum $50 coins without even asking what the dates were. (2005, 2006) not key dates at all but worth at least *something* more than if I had taken a hammer out and smacked them.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Had to happen sooner or later, just looking at newly listed sets on feebay, xray images of sealed box

x ray listing >>

Thats pretty cool looking... >>

Is this yet another way of creating AT Eagles?
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is the same store that offered me flat spot for proof platinum $50 coins without even asking what the dates were. (2005, 2006) not key dates at all but worth at least *something* more than if I had taken a hammer out and smacked them. >>

Makes you want to sell them for cash and the minute you have the cash in your grubby little paws you pull out your BFH and whack em good.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

i started searching for a (under $700 LOL) raw set to purchase, with the proceeds of my Bo5 sale. image
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

i started searching for a (under $700 LOL) raw set to purchase, with the proceeds of my Bo5 sale. image >>

Lol. Is there a word for a re-flipper?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>These things are causing so much problems...I have 2 boxes (one my dads, another a friends) and they gave them to me to sell for them since I didn't get a box. After deciding how/who to sell them, they now want to go the ebay route and "that's that". So now I have to step on people's feet for no reason...just want these out of my hands and in this in the past! Sorry for the rant...haha >>

That's why, when I sell for friends, I don't do it until the sets are IN MY HANDS and they know that they no longer have control of the sets (they know what the monies will be by at least that time). I never commit until I have the sets in my hands.

This is why I shook my head at all the early exuberance of the flipping mentality of quick riches when this started. I have seen this played out many times and people do not look at the downside early enough...they are blinded by the money $$$ and the "it won't happen to me". >>

He should honor thy deal in spite of thy father.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    As long as the Rev is selling for over $400 and the S at $300 and change out there, the sets are worth closer to $1k each, it's simple math. The unopened boxes will be over $5k very soon with speculators looking for the gems. If dealers are willing to get to $4k and change, they are not doing it to sell sets at $1k a piece.

I don't know, the Rev's look cheap to me at $400. All I can do not to buy a few raw ones.

Further, this would be a vEry tempting market for a whale or pod of whales to more or less corner....buy the supply now and feed them out slowly over time. The market will determine the price, the whales will determine the market. If it is determined demand is strong enough to maintain a substantially higher value, that is where it prices will go.

While I don't have the experience in the coin market, it appears to me that these coins/sets have all of the necessary ingredients to become a new vehicle to store value. After the low mintage numbers, and superfast sellout, how likely is it we would see another offering of so few coins offered to the public again anytime soon, or maybe ever? The '95 W is King, could these be the Queens?

Finally, the low mintage numbers seem to me more probably by design. The Mint knows how to create a market, and stimulate demand as well as a marketplace. All of this buying and selling is good for everyone! Some of us buy, hopefully at lower prices, sell to those of more means, and a transfer of wealth occurs. Yay! How else can a common person extract wealth from the more richly endowed. To say nothing of the biz for UPS/Fedex/USPS shipping them all over the US and back again. The TPG's are making a fortune, Ebay's making a killing, etc. etc.

As long as it is as fair as possible, it is good for All!
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

i started searching for a (under $700 LOL) raw set to purchase, with the proceeds of my Bo5 sale. image >>

Lol. Is there a word for a re-flipper? >>

My buddy who got one set has offered me the set for 600 100 percent profit so guess when I get back home I need to dig up another 600 lol My three sets also being graded show a turnaround time for moderns at 17 days so in 2 weeks when these puppies hit the bay it sure will be fun watching those. Gonna keep one set graded for myself and sell the other two. Never got a graded 70 so submitting blind has to be better right? Enjoy image Its called a double flipper.....image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for the 3 coin 25th Anniv. Gold set scheduled for next month to be announced...Mintage 10k...tentative price $6,500...1 per household...Who's buying?image

Chucks...my son just informed me..."You must be dreaming"
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    One last thing, has it occurred to anyone that with all of the selling that has been going on, it may be the buy side is worth considering. Since these have hit the market, and even in the presell period, buying has been the correct strategy.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    And now the "S" coin hits a new high,

S hit $450.00

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And now the "S" coin hits a new high,

S hit $450.00 >>

That's incredible. This set is just climbing by the hour.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    That is an idiot. They are in low 300's all over the place.
  • Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

And how many did you find.
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone concerned about holding these (long term) considering the milk-spot potential?
  • Options

<< <i>That is an idiot. They are in low 300's all over the place. >>

Check his feedback rating. Probably having a hard time finding someone who will sell to him.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    Can I submit multiple sealed boxes on one submission form if they're all shipped within one larger box?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options

<< <i>Can I submit multiple sealed boxes on one submission form if they're all shipped within one larger box?

Thanks in advance. >>

yes i`m sure you can.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

x ray listing >>

LOVE IT!!!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    I just went to check the latest only to find this thread on the second page?? How can it be?
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just went to check the latest only to find this thread on the second page?? How can it be? >>

For shame forum! FOR SHAME!!!!

-Paul
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    So what's the latest boxes being shipped?

Any chance for the late people?

• Options

<< <i>Is anyone concerned about holding these (long term) considering the milk-spot potential? >>

me is.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

<< <i>I just went to check the latest only to find this thread on the second page?? How can it be? >>

Dinner hour!!!
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone sent 4 or 5 Bo5s at once in for submission? Where does one get a box for that? Can a bulk rate be in two shipments, or maybe a 2 of 2 thing?
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    This is very systematic buying of these (5) box sets. $4500
  • Options
    Anyone holding off sending in for grading to see if this difference in finish (mentioned in another thread) turns out to be something????
  • Options
    commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone else sold a box to mtrade6 on ebay? Sold my boxes for my dad/friend to him. Had great feedback, member since 2007, mostly buys/sells expensive coins etc. He has bought at least 10 boxes today from different sellers (just based on feedback) and hasn't responded to my emails. Even though he did pay and I shipped. Just curious if anyone here sold to him.

• Options
    The big puck thread currently has 15585 posts. Where will this thread be in 11 months??
  • Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    I'm freakin' amazed... tonight, I put a box o' 5 out there for a BIN, started .99, and within 30 minutes, it was gone!

The way things are going, I coulda asked for a bit more and probably had the same results, but there were only two that were higher, and then, only by about lunch money...

No regrets...

If I get any others, might try to send in to PCGS... but a couple orders were cancelled... and one other is "in process"... no guarantees until I have them in hand, right?

UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options

<< <i>I'm freakin' amazed... tonight, I put a box o' 5 out there for a BIN, started .99, and within 30 minutes, it was gone!

The way things are going, I coulda asked for a bit more and probably had the same results, but there were only two that were higher, and then, only by about lunch money...

No regrets...

If I get any others, might try to send in to PCGS... but a couple orders were cancelled... and one other is "in process"... no guarantees until I have them in hand, right? >>

Congratz on your $4,350 box image
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • Options
    So are MS69 sets really going to run over 1k a piece? Or will those who get their sets graded break even unless they hit the lottery?
  • Options

<< <i>So are MS69 sets really going to run over 1k a piece? Or will those who get their sets graded break even unless they hit the lottery? >>

I think that in short order once more graded sets hit FeeBay they will settle around the price of open sets. This is the usual pattern.
  • Options
    Up to $4,500 now: link. +12.5% in two days.
    Salute the automobile: The greatest anti-pollution device in human history!
    (Just think of city streets clogged with a hundred thousand horses each generating 15 lbs of manure every day...)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So are MS69 sets really going to run over 1k a piece? Or will those who get their sets graded break even unless they hit the lottery? >>

I think that in short order once more graded sets hit FeeBay they will settle around the price of open sets. This is the usual pattern. >>

Not right away it isn't. It wasn't for the 2006 sets. It took awhile for them to settle down to price of open sets, iirc

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Up to $4,500 now: link. +12.5% in two days. >>

or....plus 200% since inception!

Strap on tight boys!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    The amazing thing is how off everyone was about these initially. The pre-buy prices offered by dealers. Then the unexpected wait list in 4.5 hours with the website swamped for 6+ hours. The prices still going up with no signs of levelling off. Dealers on BST saying they're done buying ... then coming back the next day and buying more at even higher prices. image
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    So, there are now several eBay sellers with PCGS 70 sets. I am wondering if Express Service the only way to get them graded and turned around that quick?
    Will the "ultimate bulk" submission ($250/set, or $200/set) also has faster turn around time??
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanderd into my local B&M yesterday while shopping at Trader Joey's and asked: "Have you seen any ASE Anniv. Sets coming in?"

"Nope." Well, if you did what would you be paying? He said: "Oh, $20 over Mint cost."

Glad I got what I needed at Trader's. "Bread and fruit."

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did we say to the MOON!! WOW is all I can say.image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

<< <i> And how many did you find. >>

a few... which i was quickly out bid on image

<< <i> Its called a double flipper... >>

if i sold mine and now want a set to keep, is that a, double back flipper?

edit: spelling
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file