Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>PCGS 70 BIN $4,000?

I think that price is very reasonable! Compared to what the NGC's are going for! >>

This seller has three 70's sets and one 69 set. These others are auctions.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,

• Does not look like a massive seller could this be the results of five sets? If so, that is a high % of 70's!!!!! 3 set's of 70's 1 set of 69's and the set they saved for themselves.

70 BIN for $4,000
  • DuPapaDuPapa Posts: 495 ✭✭
    He has 3 70 sets and 1 69 set for sale.

This ends: 2d 20h (Nov 18, 201116:45:09 PST)

8 bids - $1025.00

Link
  • BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • All I am going to say is on the 2012 dragon 1oz first strike the #'s are something like 70's = 5400 69's = 580 10 to 1 is 70's totally killed the market for that coin! When I bought it pop. was under 800 for the 70's
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>
    This seller submitted 10 sets, have at least SEVEN 70 SETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS IT REAL OR NOT?

Does express service give more favorable grading?????????????? >>

Didn't work for me. Earlier this year I submitted what I considered to be a perfect AGE and Plat at Long Beach. Both graded 69. $200 gone. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I used to order boxes when I worked in a bookbindery so I know they cost a little more but when you are ordering such a large amount it

really does not amount to that much. Your savings in extra packaging and handling expenses alone would make up for this. The mint just

needs someone in charge of doing these things. I't not rocket science. If the boxes fit there would be a lot less damage to the coins also. >>

But remember they have to have all the boxes ready and they have to assume that most people will order 5 sets, they size of the boxes they sent out are just right for 5 sets.image
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• << <i>Instead of offering overnight shipping at a discount rate of $4.95 for orders over $300, the mint ought to charge $24.95 for overnight shipping -

AND SPEND THE EXTRA $20 ON PACKAGING THAT IS TESTED AND PROVEN BY TRIAL SHIPPING THE CONFIGURATION TO VARIOUS ADDRESSES THAT IT WORKS 99.99% OF THE TIME.

Unbelievable the number of complaints about packaging on this forum regarding these sets. Total BS. >>

I don't recall hearing about any problems when the Mint Fulfillment Center was in Tennessee and FedEx was the carrier. Things seemed to have gone downhill when they switched to PBGS and UPS.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • I have a grading question. How bad is the grade of an ASE knocked down for a rim ding. I'm not sending this in because of the ding, but curious about how far it would knock down the grade. It is on the obverse at around 10:00 and is really noticeable with the naked eye. thx.
  • JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    File under "buy the coin, not the label", but from what I've seen, there will be at least 4 different "Set" labels. FS with Mercanti sig, FS with Flag, FS with 25th Anniv. Set banner, non-fs Set...
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

I want it all - FS with both flag and banner.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • What would the benefit be splitting sets up ? I see over 20 listings on e-bay for sale of the RP and the "S" coin...........
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>What would the benefit be splitting sets up ? I see over 20 listings on e-bay for sale of the RP and the "S" coin........... >>

The benefit would be selling the splits combined for $1,136.00 per set image

I should add, don't try this at home. There was a limited window to pull this off and once I started the others followed me in. It was ruthless, my pics were stolen by multiple sellers, my descriptions copied, and it became complete chaos. I reported most of them and ebay did nothing. Likely not worth the effort to attempt splits at this point in time.
  • Hmmm Im not understanding how some people would not accept free money even if it was handed to them. I offered my co-worker a 25th Anniversary set at issue price so she can give to her coin collecting husband and she says she has to think about it.

Im not understanding since her husband is a Colonel in the Air Force. Well to each its own
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭
    Use Buyer Requirements - opens in a new window or tab to block certain buyers from bidding on or purchasing your items. Block buyers who:
    •Don't have a PayPal account
    •Have received 2 Unpaid item Strike(s) within 1 month(s)
    •Have a primary shipping address in countries that I don't ship to
    •Have 4 Policy violation report(s) within 1 month(s)
    •Have a feedback score equal to or lower than -1
    •Have bid on or bought my items in the last 10 days and have met my limit of 10 who have a feedback score of 5 or lower

Misread the last option.
  • JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hmmm Im not understanding how some people would not accept free money even if it was handed to them. I offered my co-worker a 25th Anniversary set at issue price so she can give to her coin collecting husband and she says she has to think about it.

Im not understanding since her husband is a Colonel in the Air Force. Well to each its own >>

Some people really won't deviate from "if it sounds to good to be true it must be". Others won't make a financial decision without procrastination and/or research. Others just plain don't have the money.

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>That was fast ... 25% price drop in 2 days on the NGC-MS70 set...

Item number: 200675699011

Wondercoin >>

\

Why are the PCGS 70s slow to show up >>

prolly cuz nobody showed up at their side door with a U-Haul truckload of sets in order to assure an adequate supply of 70s.
    theknowitalltroll;

<< <i>PCGS 70 BIN $4,000?

I think that price is very reasonable! Compared to what the NGC's are going for! >>

Depending on how he submitted it looks like it took at least 2 boxes of 5 sets to get those 70s.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I used to order boxes when I worked in a bookbindery so I know they cost a little more but when you are ordering such a large amount it

really does not amount to that much. Your savings in extra packaging and handling expenses alone would make up for this. The mint just

needs someone in charge of doing these things. I't not rocket science. If the boxes fit there would be a lot less damage to the coins also. >>

But remember they have to have all the boxes ready and they have to assume that most people will order 5 sets, they size of the boxes they sent out are just right for 5 sets.image >>

If they were just right for 5 sets they would not need all that brown paper wrapping they crumple up and put in there (what a joke) and as

for the boxes that contain the coins they could be designed so that the coins would not move around while shipping. Again guys it's not

rocket science. They want to make money on these things so use a little brain power and deliver a good product.

<< <i>Does not look like a massive seller could this be the results of five sets? If so, that is a high % of 70's!!!!! 3 set's of 70's 1 set of 69's and the set they saved for themselves.

70 BIN for $4,000 >>

The cert number spread on the one set is 28 so likely more than 5 sets.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Does not look like a massive seller could this be the results of five sets? If so, that is a high % of 70's!!!!! 3 set's of 70's 1 set of 69's and the set they saved for themselves.

70 BIN for $4,000 >>

The cert number spread on the one set is 28 so likely more than 5 sets. >>

That bullion looks burnished. image
  • Once again, the trend is up in the last 24 hours as I glance over the completed ebay listings. It seems to be going up about $15 or $20 a set each day.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

70 BIN for $4,000]

Had to be at least 100 sets submitted to get that PCGS label.

Edited: I meant 100 COINS.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

But remember they have to have all the boxes ready and they have to assume that most people will order 5 sets, they size of the boxes they sent out are just right for 5 sets.image >>

If they were just right for 5 sets they would not need all that brown paper wrapping they crumple up and put in there (what a joke) and as

for the boxes that contain the coins they could be designed so that the coins would not move around while shipping. Again guys it's not

5 pieces of paper is not a lot, it would not fit more than 6 sets in the box.
    rocket science. They want to make money on these things so use a little brain power and deliver a good product. >>

Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Someone hit the buy it now on my 'bay eagle set...$850 And then I realized they have zero feedback. I thought my listing screened out unproven buyers but it turns out that it only limits those who have received 2 Unpaid item Strike(s) within 1 month(s) and have a feedback score equal to or lower than -1.

They have already paid via paypal - return address looks like a UPS store in L.A.

Would you be nervous about this deal? >>

Is it a PayPal approved bank account? I assume it is, not sure how scams like this work though... >>

This is why I never do auctions on ebay and always BIN with best offer so I at least have some means of screening.. >>

Huh? >>

I dont do auctions, I do buy it now listings and allow best offers. That way when someone makes an offer you can check their feedback/profile before accepting a sale. >>

How do you avoid a 0 feedback buyer from just clicking "Buy It Now" on a fixed price listing and paying your full price? You can't. Just like you can't stop a sniping 0 feedback bidder in an auction at the last second. Your thought process is flawed.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Use Buyer Requirements - opens in a new window or tab to block certain buyers from bidding on or purchasing your items. Block buyers who:
    •Don't have a PayPal account
    •Have a primary shipping address in countries that I don't ship to
    •Have 4 Policy violation report(s) within 1 month(s)
    •Have a feedback score equal to or lower than -1
    •Have bid on or bought my items in the last 10 days and have met my limit of 10 who have a feedback score of 5 or lower
    Misread the last option. >>

I don't know about you folks, but when I sell I want my buyer to:
    *have a paypal account
    *Primary shipping address in USA
    *Have 0 Policy violation reports EVER
    *Have a feedback score of 25+ at 100% or I can see how it might not have been his fault
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • RGTRGT Posts: 508 ✭✭

<< <i>

70 BIN for $4,000]

Had to be at least 100 sets submitted to get that PCGS label. >>

Did you mean 100 coins (20 sets)?
  • IrishMikeyIrishMikey Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I get overwhelmed with these mega-threads:

I just realized that those ANACS 25th Annie Set labels are TOTALLY (well 60%) bogus. You can grab 3 of your old ASE's (PF, billion and W) put them with an S and RP, send them in just their capsules and Magically they ALL now have a 25th Annie SET label...

That would save a lot of grief with shipping and postage..... $10 bucks to make the bullion coins you bought in February transform into coins from the set. Amazing technology that company has....

Here's The Official Anacs line, by the Paul Deflice: "We welcome the sets, but do not require the boxes. We will call the 5 coins 25th Anniversary Set if all are submitted together. You can submit these on the Modern Service for the best price ($10)."

HSN quality all the way >>

Someone should write that response in to one of the coin magazines (NN or CW) image >>

Not to pick on your amazing detective skills, but what good would it do to substitute coins?
    You would then end up with either 2 or 3 coins (depending on if the bullion coin has a finish
    that can be differentiated from other strikings) that you know came from a 25th anniversary
    set, but no one can prove. Where is the win?

By the way, his name is Paul DeFelice. I am sure he would appreciate your getting his name
    right.
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    BigDaddyz, You can get a policy violation by just making a honest error in a listing, that seems a bit harsh. Maybe more than one in a month then you may have a pattern.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,

<< <i>

<< <i>

70 BIN for $4,000]

Had to be at least 100 sets submitted to get that PCGS label. >>

Did you mean 100 coins (20 sets)? >>

Brain poot - yes, 100 coins.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>BigDaddyz, You can get a policy violation by just making a honest error in a listing, that seems a bit harsh. Maybe more than one in a month then you may have a pattern. >>

I'm just saying their filters are pretty lax...

For example...

I don't want to sell to anyone who has ANY unpaid item strikes. But they only let you limit it to 2 or more.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

<< <i>BigDaddyz, You can get a policy violation by just making a honest error in a listing, that seems a bit harsh. Maybe more than one in a month then you may have a pattern. >>

I'm just saying their filters are pretty lax... >>

Agree, but they're seller protection takes up the slack.

• commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    If you are just flipping, sell to a dealer. All of the ebay crap isn't worth it in the end. Ya, you might take a small hit, but that's nothing compared to what could go wrong on ebay.
    I've sold a lot of different things in my day, and from what I can see, with coins, dealers are the way to go if you are just selling sealed boxes.

• commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Someone hit the buy it now on my 'bay eagle set...$850 And then I realized they have zero feedback. I thought my listing screened out unproven buyers but it turns out that it only limits those who have received 2 Unpaid item Strike(s) within 1 month(s) and have a feedback score equal to or lower than -1.

They have already paid via paypal - return address looks like a UPS store in L.A.

Is it a PayPal approved bank account? I assume it is, not sure how scams like this work though... >>

This is why I never do auctions on ebay and always BIN with best offer so I at least have some means of screening.. >>

Huh? >>

I dont do auctions, I do buy it now listings and allow best offers. That way when someone makes an offer you can check their feedback/profile before accepting a sale. >>

How do you avoid a 0 feedback buyer from just clicking "Buy It Now" on a fixed price listing and paying your full price? You can't. Just like you can't stop a sniping 0 feedback bidder in an auction at the last second. Your thought process is flawed. >>

It's not flawed. I recently just sold to a dealer, but I had a box of 5 up on ebay. I listed it for $5,000. I know no one will spend that, but I got a ton of offers, all right around the price I wanted. I could screen every single buyer. Yes, if someone with 0 feedback just went and bought it now for $5k I could be screwed, but I have much more control over the price I get and who buys it than over an auction. Trust me, it works. Been selling exactly like this on ebay for over 6 years. Thousands of expensive items. Never gotten screwed. But in the end, to each his own. The greed of an auction can definitely be worth it in the end, but it can also bite you in the ass
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Huh? >>

How do you avoid a 0 feedback buyer from just clicking "Buy It Now" on a fixed price listing and paying your full price? You can't. Just like you can't stop a sniping 0 feedback bidder in an auction at the last second. Your thought process is flawed. >>

It's not flawed. I recently just sold to a dealer, but I had a box of 5 up on ebay. I listed it for $5,000. I know no one will spend that, but I got a ton of offers, all right around the price I wanted. I could screen every single buyer. Yes, if someone with 0 feedback just went and bought it now for $5k I could be screwed, but I have much more control over the price I get and who buys it than over an auction. Trust me, it works. Been selling exactly like this on ebay for over 6 years. Thousands of expensive items. Never gotten screwed. But in the end, to each his own. The greed of an auction can definitely be worth it in the end, but it can also bite you in the ass >>

Do tell, what did you get from the dealer? Curious for my notes.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you are just flipping, sell to a dealer. All of the ebay crap isn't worth it in the end. Ya, you might take a small hit, but that's nothing compared to what could go wrong on ebay.
    I've sold a lot of different things in my day, and from what I can see, with coins, dealers are the way to go if you are just selling sealed boxes. >>

The trade deal I'm working I'm more than happy with. I'll be extremely more than happy when all the shipping is done and it's all nice and final.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I see MCM has posted prices for sets on their site -

OGP - $949
    NGC 69s - $1249
    NGC 70s - $2995 >>

Now a day later, a visit to MCM site shows price revised up $50 and $150 respectively for QGP + 69 sets, 70 sets remain unchanged -

OGP - $999
    NGC 69s - $1399
    NGC 70s - $2995

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I get overwhelmed with these mega-threads:

I just realized that those ANACS 25th Annie Set labels are TOTALLY (well 60%) bogus. You can grab 3 of your old ASE's (PF, billion and W) put them with an S and RP, send them in just their capsules and Magically they ALL now have a 25th Annie SET label...

That would save a lot of grief with shipping and postage..... $10 bucks to make the bullion coins you bought in February transform into coins from the set. Amazing technology that company has....

Here's The Official Anacs line, by the Paul Deflice: "We welcome the sets, but do not require the boxes. We will call the 5 coins 25th Anniversary Set if all are submitted together. You can submit these on the Modern Service for the best price ($10)."

HSN quality all the way >>

Someone should write that response in to one of the coin magazines (NN or CW) image >>

Not to pick on your amazing detective skills, but what good would it do to substitute coins?
    You would then end up with either 2 or 3 coins (depending on if the bullion coin has a finish
    that can be differentiated from other strikings) that you know came from a 25th anniversary
    set, but no one can prove. Where is the win?

By the way, his name is Paul DeFelice. I am sure he would appreciate your getting his name
    right. >>

The "win" would be the chance to open your sets, pull out the cull non-keys, substitute better looking coins, and STILL get the 25th Annie SET label on all of them. Another "win" would be the dramatic decrease in shipping costs not having to ship 15 lbs. of stuff for 25 ounces of coins or take the chance of paying to grade coins with bite marks in them.

The "point" was that it would be label as "25th Annie SET" instead of just "25th Annie"

I thought it was clear...

I quoted exactly from another forum and I no idea how to spell the ANACS rep's name....sorry
  • These sets are hot! I put my 5 on ebay and it sold in less than 1 hour for $4300! to a very reputable buyer. Off to the post office! Only wonder what these will go for in another month.image
  • HOUSTON we have a serious problem in OUR hands. For those who got the boxes shipped via USPS the boxes are not marked with a date meaning that they are not eligible for First Strike after the 30days

• The shipping info inside would confirm the date...it's located top right corner of the slip
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>The shipping info inside would confirm the date...it's located top right corner of the slip >>

Couldnt they also use the tracking info ?
  • dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭

<< <i>These sets are hot! I put my 5 on ebay and it sold in less than 1 hour for $4300! to a very reputable buyer. Off to the post office! Only wonder what these will go for in another month.image >>

Very nice! That has to be near a record high price or close?

• << <i>

<< <i>The shipping info inside would confirm the date...it's located top right corner of the slip >>

Couldnt they also use the tracking info ? >>

Probably..but that would take more effort than just opening up the box image
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I'm just saying their filters are pretty lax...

For example...

I don't want to sell to anyone who has ANY unpaid item strikes. But they only let you limit it to 2 or more. >>

4:20 order just marked as shipped

• fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

<< <i>I don't want to sell to anyone who has ANY unpaid item strikes. But they only let you limit it to 2 or more. >>

i have 2 of them this year, maybe 1 other in the last 11 years & 100% feedback.

i was on vacation when 2 auctions ended, 1 for $1.99 and another for $3.25.

the day i returned was the last day to pay (say in the AM) by that evening there were no 'pleasant' communications to correct my delay.
    i specificly let them know i would pay right then, and was rebuffed on both.

at least 3 sellers HERE have allowed me to bid on their auctions.
    most of the others have removed the block and allowed me to bid from a single ebay email.

it's still a PITA!

i understand a sellers concern, but the 'story' behind a non-payment is never known.

in my case, both the sellers did not have 100% feedback.
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
    If you want immediate payment you can require it when listing Buy it Now.

If you end up with a non payer in an auction, you still have the coins.

If you get a bad buyer, you have paypal seller protection.

If you don't sell on ebay, you have zero problems with ebay.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file