Options

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I still have one more order coming but am beginnin g to wonder if I will ever receive it. I hope so as I have it sold. Had another order that

arrived yesterday where the box was destroyed. Had to open it up (already partially opened) to inventory it. The coins were all there but

some were out of the capsules . Luckily it was not the important coins and I was able to replace those coins with others I had. UPS is not at all

careful and the mint packaging sucks. I hope I get the other order as this one was supposed to be going to a forum member.
  • Options
    JedPlanchetJedPlanchet Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    My conversation with the UPS guy as he drove off after dropping my 25th anniversary shipment at the door without knocking or ringing the bell:

"Don't worry - I signed it for you ... " sheesh!
    Whatever you are, be a good one. ---- Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    I never had these problems with Fedex. I will never sell an unopened box again until I actually have it in my hand. I guess we all learn the

hard way.
  • Options
    commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is the "First Strike" cutoff Dec 10th? >>

12/7 >>

So even sealed boxes after the 7th don't matter? Is there value to sealed boxes after that?
  • Options
    Any thoughts on what a 5-coin set of 69's with anniversary and FS labels will go for?
    "I'll believe it's a crisis when the people who keep telling me it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis." Glenn Reynolds
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

My 4:08 order 38368*** just went in stock/reserved.

Looking good Billie Ray image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

12/7 >>

So even sealed boxes after the 7th don't matter? Is there value to sealed boxes after that? >>

This dead horse has been beaten back to life and killed again.
    Sealed boxes will forever be "first strike" eligible. Relax.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Any thoughts on what a 5-coin set of 69's with anniversary and FS labels will go for? >>

What are they bringing on eBay now? Will they ever bring more than that?
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    I see MCM has posted prices for sets on their site -

OGP - $949
    NGC 69s - $1249
    NGC 70s - $2995

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I see MCM has posted prices for sets on their site -

OGP - $949
    NGC 69s - $1249
    NGC 70s - $2995 >>

OGP - $949 image

Wow, didn't they pay $85-$150 over per set? Nice markup!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 2011 RP are selling quite nicely.
    $376 with 1 hr. to go.

2011RP
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

OGP - $949
    NGC 69s - $1249
    NGC 70s - $2995 >>

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

12/7 >>

So even sealed boxes after the 7th don't matter? Is there value to sealed boxes after that? >>

Sealed boxes will forever be "first strike" eligible. Relax. >>

Sealed sets shipped from the mint after 12/7 (if there are any) will not be eligible for first strike.

All 5 coins in sealed mint boxes will get the 25th anniversary label, only 2 if the box has been opened.

• Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Will they ever bring more than that? >>

time will tell

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

OGP - $949
    NGC 69s - $1249
    NGC 70s - $2995 >>

OGP - $949 image

Wow, didn't they pay $85-$150 over per set? Nice markup! >>

And what about the guys that sold! image
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭

OGP - $949
    NGC 69s - $1249
    NGC 70s - $2995 >>

Selling the NGC 70 sets at 2995.00 when they just sold one on Ebay for 3800.00 the other day? I wonder if they have bid prices posted anywhere? I also just noticed that APMEX removed their buy price of 425.00 for the 25th sets image I guess they were not able to rip too many off the uninformed at that price.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Will they ever bring more than that? >>

time will tell >>

It always does!image
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

OGP - $949
    NGC 69s - $1249
    NGC 70s - $2995 >>

OGP - $949 image

And what about the guys that sold! image >>

They are on eBay looking for deals on Hara Kiri knives.image
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    wow, a BIN just went off at $3600 when they've been selling for 3900+ all morning
    Yes, its gone

link
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I never had these problems with Fedex. I will never sell an unopened box again until I actually have it in my hand. I guess we all learn the

hard way. >>

Hard lesson to learn that way but I think very valid. Back a few years, I watched as others got more $$$ doing the pre-flips, but I never felt comfortable doing so. I always like to sell what I have in hand, and buy with money I have (or a CC I feel I can handle). Folks I have watched, particularly on the boards here, that were pre-flipping, have largely posted over the years saying that they were having issues (either with buyers flaking out, shipping being messed up, etc) and were going to stop pre-flipping.

Not everyone, but quite a few.

Unless one pre-flips to someone like MCM/Wondercoin/etc, and honors the terms when it comes in, then I think pre-flipping (particularly on ebay) is dangerous if you care about your blood pressure image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They are on eBay looking for deals on Hara Kiri knives.image >>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

12/7 >>

DCW - image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>

OGP - $949
    NGC 69s - $1249
    NGC 70s - $2995 >>

OGP - $949 image

They did, but in advance of knowing where the market would exactly go.
    I think the highest any advance buyer was paying was ~$100/set (unopened). Many figured these to go for more, but no one had an accurate crystal ball that they were willing to bet big on (aside from some that saw all the offers and preferred to hold onto the coins image )

• Options

I don't think suicide is necessary but a change in mint delivery options and packaging sure is necessary. When it says that they have been

shipped I used to feel that it was safe to sell them but no more after yesterdays fiasco. I feel bad for my buyer but it is beyond my control.

• Options
    So, if MCM is pricing the NGC 70 sets at 3k, any guesses what they will be asking for the PCGS 70 sets?
  • Options

<< <i>I don't think suicide is necessary but a change in mint delivery options and packaging sure is necessary. When it says that they have been

shipped I used to feel that it was safe to sell them but no more after yesterdays fiasco. I feel bad for my buyer but it is beyond my control. >>

Confucius Says, No sell until bird is in hand as it might get lost in bush.
  • Options

<< <i>wow, a BIN just went off at $3600 when they've been selling for 3900+ all morning
    Yes, its gone

link >>

If you want a fast assured sale, it might be better to sell for a little less.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I get overwhelmed with these mega-threads:

I just realized that those ANACS 25th Annie Set labels are TOTALLY (well 60%) bogus. You can grab 3 of your old ASE's (PF, billion and W) put them with an S and RP, send them in just their capsules and Magically they ALL now have a 25th Annie SET label...

That would save a lot of grief with shipping and postage..... $10 bucks to make the bullion coins you bought in February transform into coins from the set. Amazing technology that company has....

Here's The Official Anacs line, by the Paul Deflice: "We welcome the sets, but do not require the boxes. We will call the 5 coins 25th Anniversary Set if all are submitted together. You can submit these on the Modern Service for the best price ($10)."

HSN quality all the way
  • Options

<< <i>I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I get overwhelmed with these mega-threads:

I just realized that those ANACS 25th Annie Set labels are TOTALLY (well 60%) bogus. You can grab 3 of your old ASE's (PF, billion and W) put them with an S and RP, send them in just their capsules and Magically they ALL now have a 25th Annie SET label...

That would save a lot of grief with shipping and postage..... $10 bucks to make the bullion coins you bought in February transform into coins from the set. Amazing technology that company has....

Here's The Official Anacs line, by the Paul Deflice: "We welcome the sets, but do not require the boxes. We will call the 5 coins 25th Anniversary Set if all are submitted together. You can submit these on the Modern Service for the best price ($10)."

HSN quality all the way >>

Someone should write that response in to one of the coin magazines (NN or CW) image

• Options
    If anyone has gone to in stock and reserved with an order time past 5:04 pm please post the time you placed the order.
  • Options
    Just figured I would post this here in the master thread.....

I received both the NN and CW last night and read them. IN one of them, there was an article that stated the phone stations the mint uses (manned/handled by PBGS, their sub contractor) is "normally" 31.
    For this issue, and likely all the "hot" issues, they fill all the stations and have them all available.

Wanna guess how many that means? Go ahead, guess! Give it your best shot! I guessed, and I was wrong. They said it was something like 107 phone stations! That's it!!!! 107.
    No wonder they have issues on the phone

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

12/7 >>

Every topic imaginable on these sets has been "beaten back to life and killed again". Looked through many of the most recent pages and couldn't find any answers...
    Thanks for the answer though.
  • Options
    DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    My 4:06 order Eastern Time, now is in stock reserved. What a lovely feeling, and today is my birthday, too!!!
    Dr. Pete
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

12/7 >>

Every topic imaginable on these sets has been "beaten back to life and killed again". Looked through many of the most recent pages and couldn't find any answers...
    Thanks for the answer though. >>

• Options

<< <i>So, if MCM is pricing the NGC 70 sets at $3k, any guesses what they will be asking for the PCGS 70 sets? >>

I am guessing somewhere between $4 & $5k depending on how many people sign-up for the "Pre-sale." That is a good way to determine demand prior to obtaining your supply. Then, price accordingly.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The gold standard!! The prize that a lot desire. I don't know if it will sell at $9K. Maybe should offer 9 interest-free, easy payments.

First strike 70 set in hand! >>

That is so freaking cool looking (definitely NOT $9K cool though!).
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I had quite a few loose coins in my box from the Mint. I decided to go ahead and open it up. All of the loose ones were thankfully in their holders. But a pronounced rim ding on one of my 2011-S really has me depressed. Nothing I can really do with it. >>

sounds like my 11s. Check out my photos posted prior.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Not in "hand", but a BIN for a PCGS 70 set of $5,000 is looking good on E-Bay now image
    (Qty. of 10!!!)

Blessings
  • Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    My set of 5 was just delivered WOOHOOO!!!
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    ....and so the guilt sets in.
    I received my box of 5 today. And so it sits there staring at me and I stare at it.

The dilemma: sell unopened, send it in to our host for grading, open it and send in the money coins for grading, open it and sell a few sets in tact and keep one for my self, or leave it sit in a corner and see what the market bares in a month or more?

Now the guilt... I mentioned this dilemma to my father-in-law. He said that the way the economy is today, a lot of folks would like to have your dilemma.
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    It's a tough decision isn't it? I am going to get mine graded, unopened box. Talk about a pig in a poke, though. Gamblers anonymous. I hope I'm a big winner
  • Options
    So, with the rest of these becoming "in hand" how does that effect the market for them right now? In a week? In a month? Selling some for a couple people and just curious what to do...sorry if this has been discussed, I'm a couple dozen pages behind image
  • Options
    johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭
    I say take the money and run: image
    Sold my first set of 5 to a fellow board member for $2,050 was glad to help him out!
    Sold my second set of 5 (also to a board member) for $3,050, was glad to help ME out!!

I did well on the 20th Anv. Sets, sold over 30 sets graded & 8 sets un-graded for a profit.
    That being said, still have 6 graded sets I haven't sold, would need about $700 each to break even image
    (PCGS FS, but just 69's)

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN . . . . !!!

Blessings
  • Options

Are these buyers that are paying all this money and driving up the prices working for the TV hucksters? If so the big tv guys are going to be

selling for a lot more than they are right now with them paying over $650 a set for them. Anacs graded coins are selling for big money and

they are just put together sets. Where will all this end.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My 4:06 order Eastern Time, now is in stock reserved. What a lovely feeling, and today is my birthday, too!!! >>

Happy your birthday, as my Vietnamese friend says, Pete! Good day.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

<< <i>The dilemma: sell unopened, send it in to our host for grading, open it and send in the money coins for grading, open it and sell a few sets in tact and keep one for my self, or leave it sit in a corner and see what the market bares in a month or more?

a lot of folks would like to have your dilemma. >>

i have it & i dislike like having so many options.

loose coins will make it easier to open the box.

i may not even have them in hand until after thanksgiving... image
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    seems very odd to me that the more of these are delivered and placed on ebay..the higher the price goes
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    SpeedieSpeedie Posts: 104 ✭✭

<< <i>seems very odd to me that the more of these are delivered and placed on ebay..the higher the price goes >>

If you notice, the majority seem to be opened sets. With the $$$ to be made on sets graded 70, the prices for sealed sets are climbing steadily higher. Also the number of active listings seems to be down substantially from last Thurs/Fri unless I'm mis-remembering.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>seems very odd to me that the more of these are delivered and placed on ebay..the higher the price goes >>

If you notice, the majority seem to be opened sets. With the $$$ to be made on sets graded 70, the prices for sealed sets are climbing steadily higher. Also the number of active listings seems to be down substantially from last Thurs/Fri unless I'm mis-remembering. >>

Ya, I think as more in-hand sets are sold to dealers, opened and sold on ebay, etc, the sealed sets will continue to go higher in the next month or so, especially with a lot of "loose" sets and potentially less 70s...jmo

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file