Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>SHIPPING BOXES FOR 5 SETS

FYI for those who ordered five sets and want to send anywhere in another larger box:

The U.S. Mint box for five sets measures 17-1/4 in. long by 11-1/4 in. wide (area of the top -- label side) by 8 in. tall(high). My local UPS store has a sturdy box that is 18 x 12 by 8, cost about 4 bucks each. (It says approximate outside dimensions 18 x 12 x 9. The Mint box fits down snugly with a bit of room to spare on each end, and of course given the similar tallness/height it just barely fits. But it does fit!

Might save some folks driving all over town to find a proper box. Headed to the Post Office so see you later.

Best Regards,

George >>

Could you fit 2 in a box? Great informative post thanks! >>

By the way George described the box, only ONE Mint box will fit inside. But the Mint has sent ALL orders in their boxes, whether 1 or 5, which is craziness.

I just got my 5 sets 1/2 hour ago, divided into orders of 2 and 3 sets. Haven't opened any, still undecided whether to open and sell some separately, take some apart and sell the keys separate, or send 2 or 3 or all 5 to PCGS. I reallllly hate making decisions!

For the record, my orders went through at 1:51 and 1:53, shipped Friday.

My friend's went through at 3:45, and were just marked as shipped this morning.
    Have bought and sold on BST, many references available when asked.
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

USPS Express Mail....What happens if they don't make the guaranteed time? Do I get refunded?

-Paul >>

Yes, you will get a refund. >>

Sweet, I'd love to save $150. image

-Paul
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Kind of OT but not.....I was just reading another coin forum and it REALLY makes me appreciate the group that posts here...we all have our "issues" but wow! There are a bunch on this board that are in a tizzy about having their coins graded...guess why???

Well, it seems they are convinced, and I mean like rock solid convinced, that PCGS and NGC take all of our submissions, take out most of the 70's, and send them to the MCM's and big volume dealer types on their buddy list replacing their submissions with lesser coins.

It is like really scary..... >>

I started submitting in 2008. Just looking at silver/gold moderns, I've submitted 52 moderns and 7 have come back back 70; 13.46%. 2 were business, 5 proof. >>

I like posts like yours, helps those newer to the submission game figure things out a bit. So, 13.46% were 70's. These of coins you had already looked over for obvious flaws, or sealed in boxes, or both? >>

Probably 75% of these coins were for my set registry so I was expecting 69's but hoping for better. I only got less then 69's in four cases (for silver/gold moderns).

"I'll believe it's a crisis when the people who keep telling me it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis." Glenn Reynolds
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

FYI for those who ordered five sets and want to send anywhere in another larger box:

The U.S. Mint box for five sets measures 17-1/4 in. long by 11-1/4 in. wide (area of the top -- label side) by 8 in. tall(high). My local UPS store has a sturdy box that is 18 x 12 by 8, cost about 4 bucks each. (It says approximate outside dimensions 18 x 12 x 9. The Mint box fits down snugly with a bit of room to spare on each end, and of course given the similar tallness/height it just barely fits. But it does fit!

Might save some folks driving all over town to find a proper box. Headed to the Post Office so see you later.

Best Regards,

George >>

I don't know about George's box but mine have all measured measured 14-1/4 x 11-1/4 x 8.
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    Got this email from the Mint at 4:30am today..(.names and order # changed to protect the innocent)..order placed at 5:20pm:

Order #: 38381XXX - 1
    Sold To : NotSure
    Ship To : NotSure
    Item: A25 Qty: 2 Exp Ship: 11/28/11
    25TH ANNIVERSARY AE 5 COIN SILVER SET

This is a system generated e-mail. Please do not reply.
    If you have questions, please visit the Help page at
    http://catalog.usmint.gov or call us at 1-800-USA-MINT.

That was it, just a backorder email, not a cancellation email. Called the Mint to inquire as to whether it was my cancellation notice. The CSR told me flat out it was not a cancellation, and that I should expect the order to be filled and shipped by the expected ship date. She was quite insistent that I should feel comfortable in regards to having the order fulfilled. Now, I know the Mint's CSR's info should be taken with a grain of salt, and also 'the left hand knows not what the right hand does', but again, she was quite insistent that this order would be filled. It was explained to me, that as long as I did not/have not received a cancellation email prior to this email (which I have not), I should feel comfortable in knowing that the order will be fulfilled.

Again, I know the CSR's are about as useful as teets on a bull, but this particular one was very insistent, and was really trying to convince me that yes, it will be filled by the expected ship date, and that any cancellation notices that needed to be sent have been sent, and those that receive these emails should be able to expect the sets to be shipped. I am not going to feel 100% comfy until I get the 'shipped' email, but I was left with a pretty good feeling about this order. Now, I know it's the U.S. Mint, and ANYTHING that can go wrong WILL go wrong, but I just thought I'd pass this along to those that haven't received their cancellation notices by now. It could be all BS, but she was very convincing, and really seemed to be letting me know that, yes, even though it was a late order, my 5:20pm order is in line to be filled/shipped.

I didn't check my email until just now, as my only class today was cancelled, so I got to 'sleep in' (boy that felt good to sleep in), which was a good thing, due to the fact the UPS driver showed up to deliver my first 2 sets....expected a 10:30am delivery....UPS driver showed up at 9:10 (were it not for the dog going crazy when he rang the bell, I'd have missed him, and a trip to UPS would have been necessary). So...besides it being the beginning of a good week (hopefully), due to my package being delivered early (not a rattle, nothing sliding around...a silent package, which is apparently a good sign), it was a very well-sealed box, I must say, not like some of the feebly wrapped packages I've seen that were shipped, as imaged by some of you.

So, chin up if you haven't received a cancellation notice. While it's the Mint, and there are no guarantees, if you are receiving those emails for backorders, I'd say your odds are good.

disclaimer....again, it's the Mint, and we know their CSR's don't know up from down, and she could have been full of you-know-what, but she really was insistent that I could put my doubts to rest.
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used Fedex boxes 18X12X12, allowed dunnage around boxes. $3.75 each.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange Life...

You might want to re-post your hopeful message on the other "backoredered/cancellation" thread...where they've become convinced that anyone ordering after 4:00 PM is definitely going down with the Titanic!
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I made my own box out of cardboard that I had saved from a furniture delivery. cost nothing.
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭
    Notsure:

it's deliver by 10:30, not at 10:30, So they can come anytime before that, next time, you can expect them about the same time, as they have a schedule and route that would be about the same.

• Options

<< <i>Got this email from the Mint at 4:30am today..(.names and order # changed to protect the innocent)..order placed at 5:20pm:

Order #: 38381XXX - 1
    Sold To : NotSure
    Ship To : NotSure
    Item: A25 Qty: 2 Exp Ship: 11/28/11
    25TH ANNIVERSARY AE 5 COIN SILVER SET

This is a system generated e-mail. Please do not reply.
    If you have questions, please visit the Help page at
    http://catalog.usmint.gov or call us at 1-800-USA-MINT.

That was it, just a backorder email, not a cancellation email. Called the Mint to inquire as to whether it was my cancellation notice. The CSR told me flat out it was not a cancellation, and that I should expect the order to be filled and shipped by the expected ship date. She was quite insistent that I should feel comfortable in regards to having the order fulfilled. Now, I know the Mint's CSR's info should be taken with a grain of salt, and also 'the left hand knows not what the right hand does', but again, she was quite insistent that this order would be filled. It was explained to me, that as long as I did not/have not received a cancellation email prior to this email (which I have not), I should feel comfortable in knowing that the order will be fulfilled.

Again, I know the CSR's are about as useful as teets on a bull, but this particular one was very insistent, and was really trying to convince me that yes, it will be filled by the expected ship date, and that any cancellation notices that needed to be sent have been sent, and those that receive these emails should be able to expect the sets to be shipped. I am not going to feel 100% comfy until I get the 'shipped' email, but I was left with a pretty good feeling about this order. Now, I know it's the U.S. Mint, and ANYTHING that can go wrong WILL go wrong, but I just thought I'd pass this along to those that haven't received their cancellation notices by now. It could be all BS, but she was very convincing, and really seemed to be letting me know that, yes, even though it was a late order, my 5:20pm order is in line to be filled/shipped.

I didn't check my email until just now, as my only class today was cancelled, so I got to 'sleep in' (boy that felt good to sleep in), which was a good thing, due to the fact the UPS driver showed up to deliver my first 2 sets....expected a 10:30am delivery....UPS driver showed up at 9:10 (were it not for the dog going crazy when he rang the bell, I'd have missed him, and a trip to UPS would have been necessary). So...besides it being the beginning of a good week (hopefully), due to my package being delivered early (not a rattle, nothing sliding around...a silent package, which is apparently a good sign), it was a very well-sealed box, I must say, not like some of the feebly wrapped packages I've seen that were shipped, as imaged by some of you.

So, chin up if you haven't received a cancellation notice. While it's the Mint, and there are no guarantees, if you are receiving those emails for backorders, I'd say your odds are good.

disclaimer....again, it's the Mint, and we know their CSR's don't know up from down, and she could have been full of you-know-what, but she really was insistent that I could put my doubts to rest. >>

Maybe the CSR knows that they really made 200,000 of these and it will take a very long time for anyone to figure it out.
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Best Regards,

George >>

I don't know about George's box but mine have all measured measured 14-1/4 x 11-1/4 x 8. >>

Oh I'm so sorry guys, it is 14-1/4 x 11-1/4 x 8, I was trying to go from memory which ain't what it used to be. Anyway the UPS box does fit but that explains an inch or so of room on each end. Hope I didn't mess anybody up.
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options

<< <i>Strange Life...

You might want to re-post your hopeful message on the other "backoredered/cancellation" thread...where they've become convinced that anyone ordering after 4:00 PM is definitely going down with the Titanic! >>

The fact is no one knows for sure who gets sets and who doesn't yet. Not until the fat lady email goes out. So, my advice to those saying "you have no shot" is - thanks for your opinion. image
  • Options
    <<The fact is no one knows for sure who gets sets and who doesn't yet. Not until the fat lady email goes out. So, my advice to those saying "you have no shot" is - thanks for your opinion.>>

Question for the Peanut Gallery Re How the Mint Handles Exchanges...

When a coin has a mintage of oh, let's say 100,000...do they sell 95,000 (or whatever number) and hold the rest in reserve to fulfill exchanges? Or do they strike 105,000 and then melt down the excess quantity that were not exchanged? If the answer is the former, this could explain where some quantity may still be available to wittle down the waiting list.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<The fact is no one knows for sure who gets sets and who doesn't yet. Not until the fat lady email goes out. So, my advice to those saying "you have no shot" is - thanks for your opinion.>>

When a coin has a mintage of oh, let's say 100,000...do they sell 95,000 (or whatever number) and hold the rest in reserve to fulfill exchanges? Or do they strike 105,000 and then melt down the excess quantity that were not exchanged? If the answer is the former, this could explain where some quantity may still be available to wittle down the waiting list. >>

My experience on limited mintage returns is that they don't have them to do a replacement. It appears from past experience that replacements are only available on items that are not sold out.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭
    Someone just listed a couple sets with a BIN of $475 lol - those disappeared pretty quick.
  • Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an FYI for anyone selling a sealed 5 lot:

If you ordered an ATB set from APMEX and saved the box, the 5 set box the mint
    sends will fit snug in that box. Throw some new brown tape on the top and you're
    good to go. USPS Registered and Insured costs over $60 on that 16 pound beast!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Best Regards,

George >>

I don't know about George's box but mine have all measured measured 14-1/4 x 11-1/4 x 8. >>

Oh I'm so sorry guys, it is 14-1/4 x 11-1/4 x 8, I was trying to go from memory which ain't what it used to be. Anyway the UPS box does fit but that explains an inch or so of room on each end. Hope I didn't mess anybody up. >>

UPS also has a 15x12x10 that gives you some room to protect the corners of the inside box with padding. A dropped box during shipping could damage the corners of the inside box which would difinitely damage one of you blue mint boxes.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone just listed a couple sets with a BIN of $475 lol - those disappeared pretty quick.

Opportunity knocked and you did not answer?
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Someone just listed a couple sets with a BIN of $475 lol - those disappeared pretty quick.

Opportunity knocked and you did not answer? >>

The kitco forum boys snapped those up quick I believe. 45 seconds on 1 I think and about the same on the other 2.
  • Options
    khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    >So, chin up if you haven't received a cancellation notice. While it's the Mint, and there are no guarantees, if you are receiving those emails for backorders, I'd say your odds are good.

Please, baby baby, please!

-Keith
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh, the UPS man just came with my 5 sets! image I had saved up for these so they weren't on credit-- I'm just gonna sit on them for a while.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    <<I'm just gonna sit on them for a while. >>

Do you mean that figuratively or literally...?

If literally, you're going to have an a** impression on your box!

• Options
    scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Someone just listed a couple sets with a BIN of $475 lol - those disappeared pretty quick.

I likely would have but was surfing completed listings image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>
    I wrapped the Mint box in thick brown Kraft paper and sealed ALL edges with brown registered mail type tape. VERY secure feeling....shipped Priority Insured ($1500) sig. reguired.... >>

I started to wrap my first box like that and realized some noob may excitedly cut away. thinking box in a box, and ruin the mint box. Demand I take it back, and of course he wins a SNAD claim. So I sprung for the extra bucks and boxed all 5 sets. Much more secure feeling. >>

Back in 2006, when the 20th annv sets were hot, I mailed out some sealed boxes (box in a box) and got back a very thankful note from one of my purchasers because of exactly what you stated.....they had bought some previously, wanted sealed, received the box, went to open it and found it was just relabeled and sent....and when they opened it, it was the only box so they no longer had sealed sets. They had had no communication from the seller about it shipping that way. I doubt they returned it, they were just extremely upset about it.

So, whenever I sell "sealed"/"mint unopened" items, I ALWAYS do a box-in-a-box. I try to sell items as if I were the one to receive it and what would I want.......

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    SoundPointSoundPoint Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ahh, the UPS man just came with my 5 sets! image I had saved up for these so they weren't on credit-- I'm just gonna sit on them for a while. >>

I decided to open my box of five. All 5 sets had at least 1 coin not in the capsule, just rattling around in the box. Hard to determine if it was a packaging issue or a shipping issue.

Anyway, I do have a question for the Silver American Eagle experts regarding the "Bullion" Silver coin in this set. Is this the first Silver American Eagle (bullion version) that the US Mint has sold to John Q. Public?? Normally, Bullion Silver American Eagles are sold thru the Mint's Dealer network. Just wondering if this is a First for the US Mint?
  • Options
    callawayc7callawayc7 Posts: 303 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>That was it, just a backorder email, not a cancellation email. Called the Mint to inquire as to whether it was my cancellation notice. The CSR told me flat out it was not a cancellation, and that I should expect the order to be filled and shipped by the expected ship date. She was quite insistent that I should feel comfortable in regards to having the order fulfilled. Now, I know the Mint's CSR's info should be taken with a grain of salt, and also 'the left hand knows not what the right hand does', but again, she was quite insistent that this order would be filled. It was explained to me, that as long as I did not/have not received a cancellation email prior to this email (which I have not), I should feel comfortable in knowing that the order will be fulfilled.

disclaimer....again, it's the Mint, and we know their CSR's don't know up from down, and she could have been full of you-know-what, but she really was insistent that I could put my doubts to rest. >>

Maybe the CSR knows that they really made 200,000 of these and it will take a very long time for anyone to figure it out. >>

Thanks for the update. That should make a friend of mine very happy. He's still "in Process" for a 5 pm order with no updates to his order for over a week now.
  • Options
    sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    SoundP

I believe that they have put bullion issues in mint products in the past - for example the Millenium set.
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

<< <i>I decided to open my box of five. All 5 sets had at least 1 coin not in the capsule, just rattling around in the box. Hard to determine if it was a packaging issue or a shipping issue. >>

a jingle box may sway me from sending them in to be graded...

image MAYBE the mint will address the packing aspect before the late orders are sent out.

i show a 2 week processing/lead time on mine...
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

<< <i>All 5 sets had at least 1 coin not in the capsule, just rattling around in the box. >>

forgot to ask if it was the same coin in each or all different/random?
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't find those. What search words did you use?
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what the bottom line price the Market Makers will pay on ebay? Should be interesting to watch the next few months.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<The fact is no one knows for sure who gets sets and who doesn't yet. Not until the fat lady email goes out. So, my advice to those saying "you have no shot" is - thanks for your opinion.>>

When a coin has a mintage of oh, let's say 100,000...do they sell 95,000 (or whatever number) and hold the rest in reserve to fulfill exchanges? Or do they strike 105,000 and then melt down the excess quantity that were not exchanged? If the answer is the former, this could explain where some quantity may still be available to wittle down the waiting list. >>

No doubt some of the back orders will clear .. but this is an attempt by the mint to mollify the crowd and cover the mint's rear ends... by having a too large single order amount with a too small mint total.. who will want to complain about an order placed 2 months later ?
  • Options
    HSN's everything you ever wanted to know about the "25th Anniversary Silver Eagle" sets.

Youtubes HSN linky

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>All 5 sets had at least 1 coin not in the capsule, just rattling around in the box. >>

forgot to ask if it was the same coin in each or all different/random? >>

Pretty Much Random between the W Proofs & Uncirculated, and the no mintmark bullion.

Also, I don't believe you could shake the box and determine if there was a loose coin because just about all the coins were not in their proper holders in the box, although most were still in the capsules with one or two loose coins in each box.
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

Wow, that’s too bad. My first box of two was a rattler but only one set actually had a couple capsules out of the holes. However, the coins were still in the capsules. My last two shipments are completely silent. I would think this issue is due to how hard UPS drops the box while it is in route to the buyer.

It reminds me of an order I place with a company a few years back. There were some heavy, sturdy items and there were some fragile glass items. So, they shipped the order in two different boxes, one plain brown box and the other was a white box with huge red lettering indicating "FRAGIL." Well, when they both arrive (at the same time), the brown box was perfect, not a make on it. However, the white box was smashed, seam broke open and the Styrofoam peanuts were falling out. The UPS driver, who was a friend of mine said, "Yup, they put a target on the white box."
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know its probably been said more than 100 times, but can I please have the codes for the online submission for these sets

All First strike please......and does the online submission form work? I tried entering the numbers and they say incorrect numbers?

Thanksimage

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I know its probably been said more than 100 times, but can I please have the codes for the online submission for these sets

All First strike please......and does the online submission form work? I tried entering the numbers and they say incorrect numbers?

Thanksimage >>

I have heard the on line form does not work.

On Line Codes Found Here
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I know its probably been said more than 100 times, but can I please have the codes for the online submission for these sets

Thanksimage >>

Instructions & coin#'s

Online does not work for First STrike...you need to print out your form
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Thanksimage >>

Instructions & coin#'s

Online does not work for First STrike...you need to print out your form >>

Thanks a bunch image

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Kind of OT but not.....I was just reading another coin forum and it REALLY makes me appreciate the group that posts here...we all have our "issues" but wow! There are a bunch on this board that are in a tizzy about having their coins graded...guess why???

Well, it seems they are convinced, and I mean like rock solid convinced, that PCGS and NGC take all of our submissions, take out most of the 70's, and send them to the MCM's and big volume dealer types on their buddy list replacing their submissions with lesser coins.

It is like really scary..... >>

Talk about loons! So, how do they explain all of the 70s that we've received in the past on hot issues?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

USPS Express Mail....What happens if they don't make the guaranteed time? Do I get refunded?

-Paul >>

Yes, full refund, right at the counter.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My order placed at 3:58 went into back order today...Eeeks..Not even till 4pm..Thought I was safe..oh well wait and see now.
    image >>

my 3:38 order has been shipped. >>

Congrats!!!! image
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>HSN's everything you ever wanted to know about the "25th Anniversary Silver Eagle" sets.

Youtubes HSN linky >>

How many sets did they have to send in to get 200 70's and 300 69's. Probably 501. what do you think.
  • Options

<< <i>

Wow, that’s too bad. My first box of two was a rattler but only one set actually had a couple capsules out of the holes. However, the coins were still in the capsules. My last two shipments are completely silent. I would think this issue is due to how hard UPS drops the box while it is in route to the buyer.

It reminds me of an order I place with a company a few years back. There were some heavy, sturdy items and there were some fragile glass items. So, they shipped the order in two different boxes, one plain brown box and the other was a white box with huge red lettering indicating "FRAGIL." Well, when they both arrive (at the same time), the brown box was perfect, not a make on it. However, the white box was smashed, seam broke open and the Styrofoam peanuts were falling out. The UPS driver, who was a friend of mine said, "Yup, they put a target on the white box." >>

==========================================================================================================

I'm disappointed at how they arrived. However, I am really pleased at their condition, considering the shipping issues. I've seen worse from the mint (with coins in the capsules).
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    Just got off the phone with USPS out in San Bernardino. For whatever reason, my package of ten sets got shipped there instead of PCGS. It was supposed to be there by 3PM today (Eastern, I assume). Apparently it should still get there today, but because it's late, I get a refund! Hooray for saving $150! image

-Paul
  • Options
    Anybody think that somewhere someone will send his/her set(s) back to the Mint for refund or replacement?
    Me neither.
  • Options

Hopefully it was one of each coin. You might have the only 60 set known to mankind.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>

Hopefully it was one of each coin. You might have the only 60 set known to mankind. >>

I was kind of wondering about that. If I had sent the box to PCGS for grading, would that had affected the coin grades? 1 box had 2 coins out of the capsule. 4 boxes had 1 coin out of the capsules.
  • Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got off the phone with USPS out in San Bernardino. For whatever reason, my package of ten sets got shipped there instead of PCGS. It was supposed to be there by 3PM today (Eastern, I assume). Apparently it should still get there today, but because it's late, I get a refund! Hooray for saving $150! image

-Paul >>

My sets also were shipped to wrong town! Despite the shipping label being correct.image
  • Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file