Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My order #383283xx was just cancled, ordered around 1:30 I suppose. I guess someone on the wait list is going to be getting their sets now image
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was that 1:30 Eastern time?
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My order #383283xx was just cancled, ordered around 1:30 I suppose. I guess someone on the wait list is going to be getting their sets now image >>

maybe a credit card issue
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My order #383283xx was just cancled, ordered around 1:30 I suppose. I guess someone on the wait list is going to be getting their sets now image >>

They can't do that to the guy that started this thread.image
  • Options

Sorry to hear about that. You had an early order, probably within the first half-hour. Any idea why it was cancelled?
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    I ordered after the cut off, 6:30 eastern and they are telling me my order is backordered.... not cancelled. I think the Mint has been purging orders for being over the household limits or for CC issues. We shall see if I get mine
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

My order placed around the same time was cancelled a couple days ago...no reason...and never got one after 3 calls and talking toa supervisor (as well as calling my cc company) everything lined up. Pretty upsetting...
  • Options
    So my delivery confirmation # can't be found. This happening to anyone else?
    "I'll believe it's a crisis when the people who keep telling me it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis." Glenn Reynolds
  • Options

<< <i>So my delivery confirmation # can't be found. This happening to anyone else? >>

If you just got it today it won't show until later this evening....
  • Options

<< <i>Kind of OT but not.....I was just reading another coin forum and it REALLY makes me appreciate the group that posts here...we all have our "issues" but wow! There are a bunch on this board that are in a tizzy about having their coins graded...guess why???

Well, it seems they are convinced, and I mean like rock solid convinced, that PCGS and NGC take all of our submissions, take out most of the 70's, and send them to the MCM's and big volume dealer types on their buddy list replacing their submissions with lesser coins.

It is like really scary..... >>

+1

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So my delivery confirmation # can't be found. This happening to anyone else? >>

Two of three of my shipment had that happen last Tuesday. All three shipments had tracking numbers but only the first one arrived Wednesday. The other two became active the next day and was delivered the day after that (Thursday). When I picked up the first box, I had UPS run the other numbers. At that point, she said UPS had been notified a label had been produced but the actual box had not been picked up.

So, in my case, it went from not being found, to label had been prepared but box had not been received by UPS to delivered two days after the tracking was posted on the Mint's website.
  • Options

<< <i>

Two of three of my shipment had that happen last Tuesday. All three shipments had tracking numbers but only the first one arrived Wednesday. The other two became active the next day and was delivered the day after that (Thursday). When I picked up the first box, I had UPS run the other numbers. At that point, she said UPS had been notified a label had been produced but the actual box had not been picked up.

So, in my case, it went from not being found, to label had been prepared but box had not been received by UPS to delivered two days after the tracking was posted on the Mint's website. >>

Thanks!
    "I'll believe it's a crisis when the people who keep telling me it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis." Glenn Reynolds
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Is this the first Silver American Eagle (bullion version) that the US Mint has sold to John Q. Public?? Normally, Bullion Silver American Eagles are sold thru the Mint's Dealer network. Just wondering if this is a First for the US Mint? >>

The only other bullion ASE sold directly by the Mint to collectors, that I can remember, was in the 2000 Millennium Set.

Edit: OOPS I believe that there was a bullion ASE in the 2002 Legacies of Freedom Set also.

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    This is getting a bit weird....I decided to read the submission requirements for ATS and saw this:

Note: If NGC receives the package unsealed, only the reverse proof and S mintmark coins will receive the NGC 25th label. All other coins will get NGC’s standard brown label with 25th Anniversary in the coin overprint.

Soooooo....if you send an opened set to be graded you WILL get the 25th Annie label...but it will be brown.

Does that make any freakin sense????

Oh, what is the "coin overprint"???? Is that not the label?
  • Options

<<<<<<<<<<<<<This is getting a bit weird....I decided to read the submission requirements for ATS and saw this:

Note: If NGC receives the package unsealed, only the reverse proof and S mintmark coins will receive the NGC 25th label. All other coins will get NGC’s standard brown label with 25th Anniversary in the coin overprint.

Soooooo....if you send an opened set to be graded you WILL get the 25th Annie label...but it will be brown.

Oh, what is the "coin overprint"???? Is that not the label? >>>>>>>>>>>>

They're saying that u won't get "set" on the other 3 coins
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They can't do that to the guy that started this thread.image >>

psssst... He didn't start this thread. image
  • Options

<< <i><<<<<<<<<<<<<This is getting a bit weird....I decided to read the submission requirements for ATS and saw this:

Oh, what is the "coin overprint"???? Is that not the label? >>>>>>>>>>>>

They're saying that u won't get "set" on the other 3 coins >>

They did not use the word "Set" for the RP and S either....(I know in reality it is there)

"only the reverse proof and S mintmark coins will receive the NGC 25th label".

makes it sound like the only difference is the color
  • Options
    RGTRGT Posts: 508 ✭✭

<< <i>They did not use the word "Set" for the RP and S either....(I know in reality it is there)

"only the reverse proof and S mintmark coins will receive the NGC 25th label".

makes it sound like the only difference is the color >>

If you look closely at the label you will see a large "25" in the background behind the printing. That is the NGC 25th label for the set.

It's stylized and a little difficult to see in the pics I've seen.
  • Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭
    What is the general consensus of what a mint sealed box of 1 set weighs? Mine shipped today, I have a tracking # but the weight listed on the UPS site says the weight is 4.2 lbs. Others I have seen on ebay where you can read the label say 3 lbs. Can anyone help? Thanks.
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    I just think it's pretty petty that the value of this whole limited edition set will come down to words on a label..."set"....FS.....ER....Anyone who is into this (me) can NEVER say "buy the coin, not the label" again.....

25th Annie on the label is only the starting point ..that has been around for many months...along with "25th Year of Issue" etc....

Just getting a bit weird...very insecure with the potential confusion
  • Options

<< <i>What is the general consensus of what a mint sealed box of 1 set weighs? Mine shipped today, I have a tracking # but the weight listed on the UPS site says the weight is 4.2 lbs. Others I have seen on ebay where you can read the label say 3 lbs. Can anyone help? Thanks. >>

I think you have 3 3 lbs. of coins and 1.2 lbs. of scorpions
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just think it's pretty petty that the value of this whole limited edition set will come down to words on a label..."set"....FS.....ER....Anyone who is into this (me) can NEVER say "buy the coin, not the label" again.....

25th Annie on the label is only the starting point ..that has been around for many months...along with "25th Year of Issue" etc....

Just getting a bit weird...very insecure with the potential confusion >>

While I won't disagree with you, you can think it is petty all you want, just like others who are getting on the anti-FS label bandwagon. Thing is, if you go to sell, and if past history has any indication, the SET and FS on the labels will garner you a higher return. I am quite happy for those that won't pay that extra $18 or won't send the full sets in. Save the money and you still get a nice return.
    And, the best thing is, that you keep the pops from getting too high for those that do spend the extra money and have buyers who want it. image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>What is the general consensus of what a mint sealed box of 1 set weighs? Mine shipped today, I have a tracking # but the weight listed on the UPS site says the weight is 4.2 lbs. Others I have seen on ebay where you can read the label say 3 lbs. Can anyone help? Thanks. >>

Sorry I don't know, as my boxes of 2 and 3 were marked 6 & 9 pounds. I'd like to think they finally started adding more packing material to the small orders, but even that wouldnt weigh much. Interesting.
    Have bought and sold on BST, many references available when asked.
  • Options
    My 5 sets arrived today - out of the 5 sets - 2 sets had a coin out of the capsule.

In one set I thought a coin was missing, but it was under the COA which is under the wood insert.

Thankfully, both of the floating coins looked fine.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

They can't do that to the guy that started this thread.image >>

If there was ever a guy who deserves a set at mint cost .. the hammer qualifies
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I think you have 3 3 lbs. of coins and 1.2 lbs. of scorpions >>

Early nod for post of the day.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

My single set shipment weighed 4.3 lbs per UPS. I assume it just has more packing material.

It would be interesting to see what one of boxes with a single set that have loose coins weighs. My box is dead silent (unlike my first shipment). The loose coin shipments might be the 3 pounders.
  • Options

3 single sets, all said 3lbs
  • Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    I received my two orders today.

One order of 2 shows the UPS weight of 6 pounds
    The other order of 3 shows the UPS weight of 9 pounds.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

USPS Express Mail....What happens if they don't make the guaranteed time? Do I get refunded?

-Paul >>

Yes, you will get a refund. >>

I tried for a refund when once when Fedex missed my overnight time, they had a bunch of disclamiers, the one they gave me was weather, There was a rainstorm in the area, must have been a monsoon!
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I think you have 3 3 lbs. of coins and 1.2 lbs. of scorpions >>

I have had weights of 8.8, 4.2, 3.0 and 3.3 so far.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options

Did they give a reason? Seems like you were not the only one on this forum. What did it!
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

• Options

I honestly don't think they even weigh them!

• Options

<< <i>

3 single sets, all said 3lbs >>

Any loose coins (noise) inside?
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is getting a bit weird....I decided to read the submission requirements for ATS and saw this:

Oh, what is the "coin overprint"???? Is that not the label? >>

Here's a pic of the actual NGC early release set labels for all five coins

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i'll bet there will be eBbay buyers of open sets complaining they got two "W's" instead of an "S".

what's to stop the "never wrong"....almost ....eBay buyer from pulling one of these stunts?
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just think it's pretty petty that the value of this whole limited edition set will come down to words on a label..."set"....FS.....ER....Anyone who is into this (me) can NEVER say "buy the coin, not the label" again.....

buy the coin, sell the label

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

buy the coin, sell the label >>

That's what it has come down to.
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    I'd like to think that in twenty years collectors will be concerned with the coin and not the label.
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last week I got the email stating my order was too late and could not be filled and today I got an email stating my order is backordered?
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>Last week I got the email stating my order was too late and could not be filled and today I got an email stating my order is backordered? >>

Maybe it's for the 50th Anniversary ASE Set.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Any loose coins (noise) inside? >>

Shook all the boxes, did not hear any rattlers, but my hearing isnt what it used to be. image
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    On the phone with PCGS's post office. They have no idea where my shipment is. image

-Paul
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd like to think that in twenty years collectors will be concerned with the coin and not the label. >>

Not so long as we continue to propagate the myth of "first strikes" and "early releases" and other nonsense. Think about it. The mint said it could not be sure all bullion coin in the sets were struck in San Francisco and PCGS promptly declared that they wouldn't holder them with the (s) as planned. Because they couldn't be "sure."

On the other hand, the mint emphatically stated that there was no order in which they sent out coins after being struck, yet the TPG's continue to label them for a fee (which for whatever reason, is MORE than the cost of grading.)

Something very similar happened with baseball cards, and it killed the hobby.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    Shipping fees to PCGS

I shipped five unopened sets to PCGS today fror grading.
    Rather than using an outer box, I put my submission form in an envelope and taped it the Mint box, then wrapped the whole thing with thick brown craft paper.

USPS shipping from NJ to Newport Beach, CA
    (for the 15 lb. box with $1,500 insurance):

PRIORITY MAIL - $44.00
    INSURANCE - $17.35
    TOTAL - $61.35

EXPRESS MAIL - $94.10
    INSURANCE - $51.0
    TOTAL - $99.20

I ponied up the extra $38 for Express for a) faster service, better tracking, and there's a MBG if its not there by 3:00pm tomorrow.

Now, I'm just praying for 70s!

• Options
    Maybe a dumb question, and probably covered already, but I haven't found the answer yet.

Can I sharpie out my name and address on the US Mint's shipping label and the UPS shipping label without affecting any aspect of this package's grading potential?
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe a dumb question, and probably covered already, but I haven't found the answer yet.

Can I sharpie out my name and address on the US Mint's shipping label and the UPS shipping label without affecting any aspect of this package's grading potential? >>

the invoice inside has all the info.....
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Any loose coins (noise) inside? >>

Shook all the boxes, did not hear any rattlers, but my hearing isnt what it used to be. image >>

I don't recommend shaking the box as you might dislodge any that are about ready to go. A gentle rocking from side to side (length way) will do the trick.
  • Options
    Just got mine. Did a careful sideways shake....no rattlers!!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Maybe a dumb question, and probably covered already, but I haven't found the answer yet.

Can I sharpie out my name and address on the US Mint's shipping label and the UPS shipping label without affecting any aspect of this package's grading potential? >>

the invoice inside has all the info..... >>

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic with respect to, "why would you sharpie out your info for prospective buyers when the invoice has it anyway?" or on the flip side, "it obviously doesn't matter to the grading company because the invoice has all the necessary info."

Sorry for the semi-paranoia....just want to make sure I'm clear. Thanks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file