Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    The NGC 70 whole set at 3800 values the Rev Proof.. at about 2800.00.. I remember the PCGS 70 2006 Rev Proof started at 5800.00
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    INCREDIBLE! I have two RPs that I am as certain as possible will be 70s. Heading to PCGS on Tues!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

<< <i>The NGC 69 set closed at $1,276.11.

NGC 69 Set Completed on eBay

The NGC 70 set closed at $3,800.00

NGC 70 Set Completed on eBay

Thoughts? image

Was anyone here a winner? image Not bad for $299.95 + grading fees.

PCGS 70 sets could clear $5,000!! >>

Yes, the seller was the winner BIG TIME in both!

The first graded sets always bring the big $$.

Paying that for the 69 set in particular was just crazy!

<< <i>

<< <i>Looks to me that for the cost of $150 or so extra (dealers even less), MCM generated a minimum of another $350 in the gross profit column. >>

Sounds about right and a 69 set is going to be TOUGH to get from these IMHO. >>

I've had the opportunity to really study ten sets from two different five coin packages which were delivered on different days.

No question that the first set of five - which was the worst of the two - would have yieled at least two 69 sets.

The second may well have yielded a 70 set, the limiting factor being the 11 S. I think that only one of the 25 coins (an 11 S w/two deep scratches in the wrist) would be 69 or better.
  • youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

<< <i>3900~ >>

Movin on up.

$3900
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I have to see what the first sets grade at PCGS ----IMO if PCGS starts "69"'ing the vast majority and only 70's a few, your best bet is across the street.

Same thing happened in 2006, coin for coin, when sending multiple sets, you did better across the street. Too many 69's out of PCGS.

The latest NGC sets at 70 and 69 prove the market is strong, lets hope sealed sets bring 900+ soon. They seem to be having a problem crossing 4k for sealed /5.

• << <i>I have to see what the first sets grade at PCGS ----IMO if PCGS starts "69"'ing the vast majority and only 70's a few, your best bet is across the street.

Same thing happened in 2006, coin for coin, when sending multiple sets, you did better across the street. Too many 69's out of PCGS.

The latest NGC sets at 70 and 69 prove the market is strong, lets hope sealed sets bring 900+ soon. They seem to be having a problem crossing 4k for sealed /5. >>

I believe that the 5 set sealed box will beat the $4K ceiling. I remember in 2006, the box of 5 sets peaked at $4,500. How much higher is tough to say. If 70s are tough to get, it becomes very risky to pay $900/set, then the grading fees of $78 per set to get the 25th Anniv Set label. The total is close to $1K. Sell the graded set of 69s @ $1,275, you will net $168 (after subtracting Ebay & paypal fees). On top of that you will wait a month to get the graded set back. I don't know if risk/reward can push up the sealed sets much more. Only time will tell.
    Green neophyte
  • I just got my order# 38363xxx placed at 3:41pm EST showing as shipped this morning. They must start early in the morning on the East Coast for shipping.
    Green neophyte
  • ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have to see what the first sets grade at PCGS ----IMO if PCGS starts "69"'ing the vast majority and only 70's a few, your best bet is across the street.

The latest NGC sets at 70 and 69 prove the market is strong, lets hope sealed sets bring 900+ soon. They seem to be having a problem crossing 4k for sealed /5. >>

If my memory serves me, PCGS didn't grade a single 70/70/70 2006 set in the first full year after the sets were released. I remember a dealer broadcasting that it was a policy of theirs to not grade one of the coins (the BU piece ?) as a 70. Perhaps for liability reasons having to do with the milk spotting. That may give pause to a number of potential big submitters.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have to see what the first sets grade at PCGS ----IMO if PCGS starts "69"'ing the vast majority and only 70's a few, your best bet is across the street.

I believe that the 5 set sealed box will beat the $4K ceiling. I remember in 2006, the box of 5 sets peaked at $4,500. How much higher is tough to say. If 70s are tough to get, it becomes very risky to pay $900/set, then the grading fees of $78 per set to get the 25th Anniv Set label. The total is close to $1K. Sell the graded set of 69s @ $1,275, you will net $168 (after subtracting Ebay & paypal fees). On top of that you will wait a month to get the graded set back. I don't know if risk/reward can push up the sealed sets much more. Only time will tell. >>

The sealed sets as well as the open sets are trending down currently. Sell your opened singles for $740 each or $3700 per box of 5. No risk of someone scamming you by selling an unopened box which are not even pulling this much. Do not send them PCGS and pocket that $800+. Simple ways to make 100%+ on your intitial investment! And no waiting for a month on the plastic factory. I think several people on these boards are way over-estimating graded set potentials and have no experience competing against the many big dealers out there. When 1000 sets of 69's hit the bay it will be too late for some to see they just wasted a lot of money having them entombed and missed the strong prices paid in the first weeks of release from the Mint.
  • Does anyone believe that this seller is offering a lottery style for NGC graded set would hand over a 70 graded set to the winner? Given that 70s command 3x the price of 69s, I am sure the seller would just hand them over.

link
    Green neophyte
  • dantheman984dantheman984 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭
    I keep getting emails from the Mint that my 2 sets are back ordered. (keep setting back the date of shipping) No big deal. I am in no hurry. image

• << <i>

<< <i>

I believe that the 5 set sealed box will beat the $4K ceiling. I remember in 2006, the box of 5 sets peaked at $4,500. How much higher is tough to say. If 70s are tough to get, it becomes very risky to pay $900/set, then the grading fees of $78 per set to get the 25th Anniv Set label. The total is close to $1K. Sell the graded set of 69s @ $1,275, you will net $168 (after subtracting Ebay & paypal fees). On top of that you will wait a month to get the graded set back. I don't know if risk/reward can push up the sealed sets much more. Only time will tell. >>

The sealed sets as well as the open sets are trending down currently. Sell your opened singles for $740 each or $3700 per box of 5. No risk of someone scamming you by selling an unopened box which are not even pulling this much. Do not send them PCGS and pocket that $800+. Simple ways to make 100%+ on your intitial investment! And no waiting for a month on the plastic factory. I think several people on these boards are way over-estimating graded set potentials and have no experience competing against the many big dealers out there. When 1000 sets of 69's hit the bay it will be too late for some to see they just wasted a lot of money having them entombed and missed the strong prices paid in the first weeks of release from the Mint. >>

The big dealers are in the driver's set. I agree with you as quantity of 69s increase rapidly, then prices are sure to go down. That's why the people who are selling their unopened sets are raking in the most money with very little risk. The hype has clouded people's good judgement.

Wow, my 100th post!!
    Green neophyte
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many here are paying for express service, assuming it is available for these? The extra $36 per coin might be worth it.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • My sons two set box was shipped this morning. His order time was 3:55 P.M. This whole thing should be wrapped up in a couple of days.

• << <i>How did you ship your sets to PCGS?

Another question for the people of this thread (which is AWESOME, isn't it?)
    I'm curious as to how people shipped their 5-set boxes to PCGS:

a) Did you put the mint box into another box? Or did you just slap a label on the Mint box?
    b) How did you ship? (USPS? UPS? FedEx?)
    c) What class of service? (Priority Mail, Registered, Certified, 1-day, 2-day, 3-day?)
    d) How much did you insure it for?

Thank you >>

I wrapped the Mint box in thick brown Kraft paper and sealed ALL edges with brown registered mail type tape. VERY secure feeling....shipped Priority Insured ($1500) sig. reguired.

Looks like delivery today...
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My sons two set box was shipped this morning. His order time was 3:55 P.M. This whole thing should be wrapped up in a couple of days. >>

Good to know! My brothers order went in at 4:09. It might have a chance after all....
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • My set was "shipped " Thursday and isn't in the system yet. Checked my charge and the charge is already there. Hopefully with the holiday the post office will get it today.

• Order number: 3835****

Order Date: 10/27/2011 at 03:19 PM

Order Status: Your order request has been shipped.

got another email for my 2 orders between 4 and 440 stating they are still on backorder
  • My 5 sets are due to arrive this morning.
    I can't decide what to do.
    Open them and cherry pick then sell remainder raw on eBay?
    I'm not a PCGS member but I can submit to NGC as an ANA member.
    Should I roll the dice and submit the 5 sets in the sealed box in hopes of getting some 70s?
    Suggestions welcome.
  • ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    FINALLY!

Mine order of 5 shows as shipped this morning #38363***...
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Join PCGS . It is worth it.

The extra money you make when you sell makes up for what you spend plus you get all the perks that go with membership.

Don't send to NGC, yo probably will get more 70's but they are worth a lot less.
  • scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    Should be getting 2 orders of 5 delivered today image

• Order number: 38354XXX

Order Date: 10/27/2011 at 02:53 PM

Order Status: Your order request has been shipped.

1 unit shipped on 11/14/2011

This is the last of my two sets.

_Reset
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting emails from the Mint that my 2 sets are back ordered. (keep setting back the date of shipping) No big deal. I am in no hurry.

Hey Dan, I got that email at 3:47AM this morning. My order number is #3837****.

I read somewhere, in the Mint's Q&A I think, that they batch the orders out and the status changes occur accordingly. It looks like they keep shipping out batches, but I think I'm still screwed. We'll see.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • My order placed at 3:58 went into back order today...Eeeks..Not even till 4pm..Thought I was safe..oh well wait and see now.
    Michael Marquis
  • Kind of OT but not.....I was just reading another coin forum and it REALLY makes me appreciate the group that posts here...we all have our "issues" but wow! There are a bunch on this board that are in a tizzy about having their coins graded...guess why???

Well, it seems they are convinced, and I mean like rock solid convinced, that PCGS and NGC take all of our submissions, take out most of the 70's, and send them to the MCM's and big volume dealer types on their buddy list replacing their submissions with lesser coins.

It is like really scary.....

• philographerphilographer Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Order shipped!

Order Date: 10/27/2011 at 03:28 PM

Order Number: 38360XXX

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• << <i>My order placed at 3:58 went into back order today...Eeeks..Not even till 4pm..Thought I was safe..oh well wait and see now.
    image >>

Weird....I just saw that #38360xxx (around 415p) shipped today

• Order shipped 11/14 but I checked my credit card and the amount is still pending. Odd.
    "I'll believe it's a crisis when the people who keep telling me it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis." Glenn Reynolds
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

USPS Express Mail....What happens if they don't make the guaranteed time? Do I get refunded?

-Paul
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

USPS Express Mail....What happens if they don't make the guaranteed time? Do I get refunded?

-Paul >>

if its guaranteed, yes, take your receipt back to the post offices and they will refund you
  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    I wrapped the Mint box in thick brown Kraft paper and sealed ALL edges with brown registered mail type tape. VERY secure feeling....shipped Priority Insured ($1500) sig. reguired.... >>

I started to wrap my first box like that and realized some noob may excitedly cut away. thinking box in a box, and ruin the mint box. Demand I take it back, and of course he wins a SNAD claim. So I sprung for the extra bucks and boxed all 5 sets. Much more secure feeling.
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So having limited personal experience with PCGS and its submission policies...if I was to attend a show at some point next year...and take my sealed box with me for on-site submission...is there any label or designation that I can get today that I won't be able to get then?

I only ask because I know NGC has a (30-day?) clock running on some of their labels.

And PS...we've now received a backordered e-mail (the first e-mail of any kind so far) for a family member's order placed at exactly 4:30. So assuming there have been other orders quashed for various reasons, we still have high hopes for his order getting filled.
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

-Paul >>

if its guaranteed, yes, take your receipt back to the post offices and they will refund you >>

My receipt doesn't actually have the guaranteed time on it (I did it online), but their website does...Maybe I should print that out in case there's a problem?

-Paul
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>So having limited personal experience with PCGS and its submission policies...if I was to attend a show at some point next year...and take my sealed box with me for on-site submission...is there any label or designation that I can get today that I won't be able to get then?

I only ask because I know NGC has a (30-day?) clock running on some of their labels.

And PS...we've now received a backordered e-mail (the first e-mail of any kind so far) for a family member's order placed at exactly 4:30. So assuming there have been other orders quashed for various reasons, we still have high hopes for his order getting filled. >>

For what it's worth, No First Strike at shows...If your into that..image
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,644 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My order placed at 3:58 went into back order today...Eeeks..Not even till 4pm..Thought I was safe..oh well wait and see now.
    image >>

my 3:38 order has been shipped.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• << <i>

<< <i>
    I wrapped the Mint box in thick brown Kraft paper and sealed ALL edges with brown registered mail type tape. VERY secure feeling....shipped Priority Insured ($1500) sig. reguired.... >>

I started to wrap my first box like that and realized some noob may excitedly cut away. thinking box in a box, and ruin the mint box. Demand I take it back, and of course he wins a SNAD claim. So I sprung for the extra bucks and boxed all 5 sets. Much more secure feeling. >>

I was sending them to be graded...for an Ebay sale I would have absolutely put it in a box

• << <i>Kind of OT but not.....I was just reading another coin forum and it REALLY makes me appreciate the group that posts here...we all have our "issues" but wow! There are a bunch on this board that are in a tizzy about having their coins graded...guess why???

Well, it seems they are convinced, and I mean like rock solid convinced, that PCGS and NGC take all of our submissions, take out most of the 70's, and send them to the MCM's and big volume dealer types on their buddy list replacing their submissions with lesser coins.

It is like really scary..... >>

I started submitting in 2008. Just looking at silver/gold moderns, I've submitted 52 moderns and 7 have come back back 70; 13.46%. 2 were business, 5 proof.
    "I'll believe it's a crisis when the people who keep telling me it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis." Glenn Reynolds

• << <i>Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

-Paul >>

Yes, you will get a refund.
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<For what it's worth, No First Strike at shows...If your into that..>>

Really? Even if the shipping label w/date is intact? Why is that?

• << <i><<For what it's worth, No First Strike at shows...If your into that..>>

Really? Even if the shipping label w/date is intact? Why is that? >>

I think they will take the FS submission at the show, they just won't grade them there so you will have to wait to get them in the mail.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    CRC out of Miami has five sets of NGC 70s in stock and on feebay

crc five sets ngc 70s

• << <i>

<< <i>Kind of OT but not.....I was just reading another coin forum and it REALLY makes me appreciate the group that posts here...we all have our "issues" but wow! There are a bunch on this board that are in a tizzy about having their coins graded...guess why???

It is like really scary..... >>

I started submitting in 2008. Just looking at silver/gold moderns, I've submitted 52 moderns and 7 have come back back 70; 13.46%. 2 were business, 5 proof. >>

I like posts like yours, helps those newer to the submission game figure things out a bit. So, 13.46% were 70's. These of coins you had already looked over for obvious flaws, or sealed in boxes, or both?

• << <i>CRC out of Miami has five sets of NGC 70s in stock and on feebay

crc five sets ngc 70s >>

Nothing to be found at this link...

• giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHIPPING BOXES FOR 5 SETS

FYI for those who ordered five sets and want to send anywhere in another larger box:

The U.S. Mint box for five sets measures 17-1/4 in. long by 11-1/4 in. wide (area of the top -- label side) by 8 in. tall(high). My local UPS store has a sturdy box that is 18 x 12 by 8, cost about 4 bucks each. (It says approximate outside dimensions 18 x 12 x 9. The Mint box fits down snugly with a bit of room to spare on each end, and of course given the similar tallness/height it just barely fits. But it does fit!

Might save some folks driving all over town to find a proper box. Headed to the Post Office so see you later.

Best Regards,

George
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>CRC out of Miami has five sets of NGC 70s in stock and on feebay

crc five sets ngc 70s >>

Nothing to be found at this link... >>

try now

or search this string - 2011 american eagle 25th anniversary silver coin set 70
  • roob47roob47 Posts: 142 ✭✭✭

<< <i>SHIPPING BOXES FOR 5 SETS

FYI for those who ordered five sets and want to send anywhere in another larger box:

The U.S. Mint box for five sets measures 17-1/4 in. long by 11-1/4 in. wide (area of the top -- label side) by 8 in. tall(high). My local UPS store has a sturdy box that is 18 x 12 by 8, cost about 4 bucks each. (It says approximate outside dimensions 18 x 12 x 9. The Mint box fits down snugly with a bit of room to spare on each end, and of course given the similar tallness/height it just barely fits. But it does fit!

Might save some folks driving all over town to find a proper box. Headed to the Post Office so see you later.

Best Regards,

George >>

Could you fit 2 in a box? Great informative post thanks!
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i><<For what it's worth, No First Strike at shows...If your into that..>>

Really? Even if the shipping label w/date is intact? Why is that? >>

I think they will take the FS submission at the show, they just won't grade them there so you will have to wait to get them in the mail. >>

That is correct. I had thought you wanted them graded at the show, rather than just saving on the postage to mail them in.
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>SHIPPING BOXES FOR 5 SETS

Best Regards,

George >>

Could you fit 2 in a box? Great informative post thanks! >>

If you have a large enough box.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file