Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    auction >>

Did this sell for 6k????image
  • Ok. I just received my five sets from UPS. It is a very heavy package, weighing 15.5 lbs. I shook it and didn't detect any major sound like a lot of rattling. The box dimensions are 14 1/2"(L) x 11"(W) x 8"(H).
    Green neophyte
  • What an incredibly informative thread, glad I read the whole thing! Thanks to Derryb for answering so many questions all around, he gets my MVP award!

Hope people don't mind slightly off topic questions from a noob.... Is Numismedia a good source for coin prices? How often do they update? Is joining NGC/PCGS a necessity to get their values?

Boy the pictures look great, can't believe I can't open the box!!!!! Maybe I'll buy a cheap opened the box set of cherrypicked coins for handheld pleasures when things mellow out a bit.

More pics, more pics!!! High res, quality shots.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What an incredibly informative thread, glad I read the whole thing! Thanks to Derryb for answering so many questions all around, he gets my MVP award!

Hope people don't mind slightly off topic questions from a noob.... Is Numismedia a good source for coin prices? How often do they update? Is joining NGC/PCGS a necessity to get their values?

Boy the pictures look great, can't believe I can't open the box!!!!! Maybe I'll buy a cheap opened the box set of cherrypicked coins for handheld pleasures when things mellow out a bit.

More pics, more pics!!! High res, quality shots. >>

sets near issue prices won't be had unless bought from the mint

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>okay, the charges still show as pending on my cc and i don't have shipped status at the mint. Is anyone else in this boat? Should I start to worry? >>

same here quit yer worryin.
    theknowitalltroll;

• << <i>

<< <i>So, here is a "What if.'

What if eBay decides you can't sell an sealed box? It has to be opened and show the coins inorder to list them. >>

grading companies will make a lot of money & some will find after opening the sets they get a lot less money than they expected.

But I think eBay can be convinced to allow sealed boxes if their trusted "coins & currency" advisors suggest it is an acceptable risk.

Now..... who wants to buy a sealed box off eBay knowing that there are eBay scammers out there??? >>

Now... who wants to SELL a sealed box off ebay knowing that there are ebay scammers out there. ebay is in complete death mode on sellers with these. What protection does the seller have it all shipping a big brown box.
  • commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

What if eBay decides you can't sell an sealed box? It has to be opened and show the coins inorder to list them. >>

grading companies will make a lot of money & some will find after opening the sets they get a lot less money than they expected.

But I think eBay can be convinced to allow sealed boxes if their trusted "coins & currency" advisors suggest it is an acceptable risk.

Now..... who wants to buy a sealed box off eBay knowing that there are eBay scammers out there??? >>

Now... who wants to SELL a sealed box off ebay knowing that there are ebay scammers out there. ebay is in complete death mode on sellers with these. What protection does the seller have it all shipping a big brown box. >>

anytime anyone ever sells anything on ebay they run this exact same risk.
    If you ship coins in a flatrate priority box (or anything else) the buyer could easily say whatever they want.
    People getting screwed on ebay is a rarity at most. I've sold thousands and thousands of things (many very valuable) and never had one issue as a seller.
    There is always risk, in everything in life.
    If you want to sell these period, there is risk. Problems could easily happen selling to members here or a dealer.

• LostSislerLostSisler Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    My order was placed at 12:47 it shows as shipped today with tracking number, but the number is currently no good...
    Because to Err is Human.
    I specialize in Errors, Minting, Counterfeit Detection & Grading.
    Computer-aided grading, counterfeit detection, recognition and imaging.
  • You have to wait until tonight, once UPS pick up the package it will show.
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Video of five set opening from another forum I found.

Video with sizes and weghts given.

• << <i>My order was placed at 12:47 it shows as shipped today with tracking number, but the number is currently no good... >>

Nice to know the order times with the shipped boxes....let's us know where we stand (me...1:28p)
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha, with his gun right there!

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Now... who wants to SELL a sealed box off ebay knowing that there are ebay scammers out there. ebay is in complete death mode on sellers with these. What protection does the seller have it all shipping a big brown box. >>

anytime anyone ever sells anything on ebay they run this exact same risk.
    If you ship coins in a flatrate priority box (or anything else) the buyer could easily say whatever they want.
    People getting screwed on ebay is a rarity at most. I've sold thousands and thousands of things (many very valuable) and never had one issue as a seller.
    There is always risk, in everything in life.
    If you want to sell these period, there is risk. Problems could easily happen selling to members here or a dealer. >>

Agreed there is risk with any ebay transaction but have you sold anything with such a hot focus and under such an intense microscope. You don't think the fraudsters will be out in force on these. I laugh at the guy worried about the buyers, its the sellers taking all the risk shipping unsealed, poorly packed and sealed giant brown boxes sight unseen. Any contesting of a sale by buyer on these - seller will lose. I've sold high value items before like Super Bowl tickets and I've had my perfect feedback topseller acct disabled beacuse of them by Paypal and jump thru all these hoops to get it back on after I proved I actually had them with purchase receipt, picture of tickets with bar codes displayed and confirmation from buyer they were satisfied with them. Just watch sellers.
  • and again they are falling out of the coin holders, i have a feeling all will be like this because of the way the mint made the boxes. too bad for the graders.
    25th silver eagle set

• << <i>

<< <i>okay, the charges still show as pending on my cc and i don't have shipped status at the mint. Is anyone else in this boat? Should I start to worry? >>

same here quit yer worryin. >>

Okay. Good to know that there is someone else out there!
  • He was lucky, all his sets were stacked right side up... Haaaa
    Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA

<< <i>and again they are falling out of the coin holders, i have a feeling all will be like this because of the way the mint made the boxes. too bad for the graders. >>

pictures???
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Pictures from this morning's delivery:

best regards,
    Ed Davidson
  • fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

<< <i>[Raufus - my order was placed at 5:42 PM EDST as well but I have yet to receive a wait list or cancellation notice from the Mint. We may be able to determine the exact order number for the cut-off time. My order number is 383857xx. >>

my order # is 38372xxx @ 130 EST (mint confirm reply email time stamp)

"in Process - est ship date 11/23"
    2 weeks image
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • heres the link to the video, someone else posted pics of it earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm5jsb7dBSg&amp;feature=youtu.be
    25th silver eagle set
  • fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

<< <i>Pictures from this morning's delivery: >>

nice pix!!!

where is the blue box?
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk

• << <i>Pictures from this morning's delivery:

>>

Either you messed up in photoshop or the proof has a MS rev and MS has a proof rev....

I hope you didn't make a mistake, prices would go intergalatic image

very nice pics by the way. Thanks for posting them.
  • Just received my box of 5 sets. I plan to submit unopened to PCGS for grading but have a sincere question for which I would appreciate any feedback. Why should I spend an extra $450.00 for the "First Strike" designation for 25 coins when certain issues of the 5 ounce "First Strike" pucks are actually valued lower than their non-designated "brothers" (Same coin, same grade but non-First Strike issues are valued higher, per PCGS price guide, than the "First Strikes")? Thanks in advance for any pro or con arguments.
    "The more you complain, the longer God lets you live".

• << <i>
    my order # is 38372xxx @ 130 EST (mint confirm reply email time stamp)

"in Process - est ship date 11/23"
    2 weeks image >>

It will ALWAYS be "two weeks" until the order goes "in stock and reserved".....which I will say should have happened by now with a 1:30p order

My 2:38p order went "in stock and reserved" two days ago.

...and the order number is before your 1:30 order???? (#38354xxx)

Somthin' is weird here....
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ha, with his gun right there! >>

I always keep mine in the desk drawer.

• BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    someone on BST buying "opened" sets for $600/set
    basically says "feel free to cherry pick"...hmmmm

(its not me, btw)

Link
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>someone on BST buying "opened" sets for $600/set

(its not me, btw)

Link >>

24 Listings on the ebay looks like 600.00 is the going price right
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

(its not me, btw)

Link >>

24 Listings on the ebay looks like 600.00 is the going price right >>

will drop as the supply of them increases.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• Any PO Box people get shipping notices yet?
    "If we are facing in the right direction, all we need to do is keep on walking." - David Brent
  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

(its not me, btw)

Link >>

Change your search parameters. The one day auctions with 20 hours to go, are over $700.
    coin club got a cancel notice for a 5 set Tuesday. now see the 5 set as in process.. hmmm

<< <i>

<< <i>

(its not me, btw)

Link >>

Change your search parameters. The one day auctions with 20 hours to go, are over $700. >>

don't look at the 1st sets out the gate . because prices will drop as more supply comes up

• << <i>This could be a key indicator Auction $5999.99 >>

Watch out for this one!!! The seller name has been photoshopped over the legitimate sellers name. It is the exact same picture as this auction:
    Auction

KP image
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>heres the link to the video, someone else posted pics of it earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm5jsb7dBSg&amp;feature=youtu.be >>

link
    OK.

We have 1 rattle box....

whose box also rattles???

if you open it... post pictures of what is rattling!!

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<The bones are starting to float to the surface >>

I might actually keep mine sealed and buy the three "Rejects" in 70...and then worry about getting mine graded after the panic dies down some.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    Anyone know? Can I submit a box of 5 and designate the 2 good ones from each set to be "Express" and the rest to be "modern"?
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

(its not me, btw)

Link >>

Change your search parameters. The one day auctions with 20 hours to go, are over $700. >>

don't look at the 1st sets out the gate . because prices will drop as more supply comes up >>

why not, I got a bunch of them?image

• << <i>OK.

We have 1 rattle box....

if you open it... post pictures of what is rattling!! >>

You'll see why the box rattles in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaUblfxMN8I

After further examination of all five sets, I can report the following:

- In every case, one or two of the coins were dislodged from the display rack, but all were still firmly enclosed in the plastic capsule.
    - I can see no damage to the coins what so ever.
    - No mint blemishes, scratches or other imperfections either...they all look perfect to me.
    best regards,
    Ed Davidson
  • commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    What's the latest order that has shipped?
    My friend's order was around 1:30 and his hasn't shipped yet.
    He might sell me one of his at price since mine got cancelled image

<< <i>

<< <i>OK.

We have 1 rattle box....

if you open it... post pictures of what is rattling!! >>

You'll see why the box rattles in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm5jsb7dBSg

After further examination of all five sets, I can report the following:

- In every case, one or two of the coins were dislodged from the display rack, but all were still firmly enclosed in the plastic capsule.
    - I can see no damage to the coins what so ever.
    - No mint blemishes, scratches or other imperfections either...they all look perfect to me. >>

if anyone has photos of coins sliding around loose, post them!

PS: someone needs to tell that guy to edit out the ph# and address from that video. I realize he is armed, but I'm guessing he is not home 100% of the time either.

• << <i>What's the latest order that has shipped?
    He might sell me one of his at price since mine got cancelled image >>

Last one I saw was 12:58p

PIA with so many threads about the same thing....I can't figure why one thread is not easier
    I might have to get cranky and agree.... "not more threads!!!!"

just stick to the one or two major ones
    (the other being the eBay cancelled one)
    (oops and DW PCGS grading policy one makes 3)

As I said earlier, going back 30-40 pages, we are averaging over 1 25th thread per page!!!!

• EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What's the latest order that has shipped?
    He might sell me one of his at price since mine got cancelled image >>

Last one I saw was 12:58p

PIA with so many threads about the same thing....I can't figure why one thread is not easier >>

looks to be they get through 30 mins of orders each day, mine at 12:58 shipped and have a few at the 1:16 and 1:30 mark, those should ship tomorrow.

• bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    Order number: 38331xxx

Order Date: 10/27/2011 at 12:40 AM

Order Status: Your order request has been shipped.

• CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>The bones are starting to float to the surface >>

Hey those B my bones...Trying to mix it up a bit, had the day off with nothing better to do...image
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm tracking two orders...one shortly before and after 1:00...and neither has shipped yet.
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The bones are starting to float to the surface >>

Hey those B my bones...Trying to mix it up a bit, had the day off with nothing better to do...image >>

You cherry picked yourself Nice Job will be interesting different ways to play this game Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • LostSislerLostSisler Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    My box of five has been shipped now and tracking is WORKING via UPS!!!
    I ordered at 12:47, Awesome!
    Because to Err is Human.
    I specialize in Errors, Minting, Counterfeit Detection & Grading.
    Computer-aided grading, counterfeit detection, recognition and imaging.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file