Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    wow, $3500+ for 5 sealed sets on the bay today...and they all have bidders. This is gonna be good...
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • DCWDCW Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>wow, $3500+ for 5 sealed sets on the bay today...and they all have bidders. This is gonna be good... >>

You bet!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• $3500+ for 5 sealed sets on the bay today...and they all have bidders. This is gonna be good...

post a link, I didn't see that.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭
    still getting pulled and not showing up in completed listings.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• 5 units shipped on 11/09/2011
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    My first order, 12:25, just shipped! Still waiting on 12:37.

-Paul

<< <i> $3500+ for 5 sealed sets on the bay today...and they all have bidders. This is gonna be good...

post a link, I didn't see that. >>

lol...POOF!
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>still getting pulled and not showing up in completed listings. >>

They will continue to get pulled by the drones. People need to start calling Ebay customer support, and ask for a supervisor in the "Trust & Safety" dep't.

Then ask that supervisor to contact his manager in Trust and Safety to let these be listed.

It is Seller Risk Management dep't. that has the final say, but we can't talk to them.
  • <<Two of mine say shipped on the mints website, the tracking number is valid but when I click to track it just states info will be available when it gets to them at UPS. I'm guessing they printed a lot of labels today but there not in UPS hands yet. Some probably are but they would need a semi to pick them all up.>>

Yeah, that was the case for me yesterday. Later on in the evening, it changed to a tracking number for UPS Next Day Air with the "shipped on" field and "weight" field showing.
    Green neophyte
  • <<still getting pulled and not showing up in completed listings.>>

Technically, Ebay shouldn't since they have a picture of "alleged physical possession" and the Ebay acct name. Maybe, Ebay contacted the seller and asked for a delivey receipt and the seller responsed it was a bill of lading for a fake bags of goods. image
    Green neophyte
  • My order# 38328xxx just shipped. It was ordered at 9:22am PST (12:22pm EST). image
    Green neophyte
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    prices are high because people are panic bidding on the few to be listed

once the flood hits, and the BIN people list under the closed auction prices, the closing prices will come down and down.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> $3500+ for 5 sealed sets on the bay today...and they all have bidders. This is gonna be good...

post a link, I didn't see that. >>

lol...POOF! >>

I must have missed this, ebay will not allow boxes to be sold for thousands of dollars?

• Has anyone else noticed...

All of my orders say 10/27/11 at 12:xx AM. I ordered after noon Eastern time. I'm not sure why they say AM? I have one for 12:16 AM, two for 12:30 AM and two for 12:31 AM.

And they're all in stock and reserved.
  • sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 829 ✭✭✭
    Any one with a set in hand posting photographs ???
    If you list an auction for a 1-day or 3-day sale, it lasts a little while and gets poofed.

But, if you list it as a BIN...you have a shot at a quick buyout.
    Worked for this guy. (not me by the way)

linker

<< <i>If you list an auction for a 1-day or 3-day sale, it lasts a little while and gets poofed.

But, if you list it as a BIN...you have a shot at a quick buyout.
    Worked for this guy. (not me by the way)

linker >>

It remains to be seen if ebay will cancel it after the sale and cause him to disappear from the completed listings. They have been doing so to everyone else that got by them.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

THIS ONE appears to be complying with ebay's "special" listing rules for the sets. Let's see if they leave him alone.

you were correct sir!

they took him down.
  • A box of 5 just arrived here at the store, I called a customer thats been waiting for a set,
    and offered him a set for $700. He is on his way, but asked if I would wait till he got here,
    so he could watch me open the box, sure, cool...No cherry picken though, just pick a box :-)
    I will keep the other 4 here for Over the counter sales at $700 a set...
    unless the market adjusts up or down...

It's nice that these will make up for some mega loss's from the 5oz pucks. haaaaa
    Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA
  • Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    38378xxx still shows as "in process". However, I have not received any wait list notice (yet).

Order was placed 5.02 EST.

Dennis
  • If the seller can take a close-up of the label on the package and it shows it was delivered today along with a print screen of their tracking number(truncated, of course) on the U.S. Mint website, I think that would authenticate it is for a real set. Also, have their Ebay acct name on the package. Any thoughts?
    Green neophyte
  • jeremym,
    I noticed that the day they went on sale. Reading all the problems here, damn if I was going to even address that with USM. Some things are just better left alone.
    --Craig

<< <i>If the seller can take a close-up of the label on the package and it shows it was delivered today along with a print screen of their tracking number(truncated, of course) on the U.S. Mint website, I think that would authenticate it is for a real set. Also, have their Ebay acct name on the package. Any thoughts? >>

appears they are going to yank them all until someone there makes a decision to start leaving them up. they are currently pulling listings that appear to comply with their special rules.

• Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    So, here is a "What if.'

What if eBay decides you can't sell an sealed box? It has to be opened and show the coins in order to list them.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So, here is a "What if.'

What if eBay decides you can't sell an sealed box? It has to be opened and show the coins inorder to list them. >>

grading companies will make a lot of money & some will find after opening the sets they get a lot less money than they expected.

But I think eBay can be convinced to allow sealed boxes if their trusted "coins & currency" advisors suggest it is an acceptable risk.

Now..... who wants to buy a sealed box off eBay knowing that there are eBay scammers out there???

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So, here is a "What if.'

What if eBay decides you can't sell an sealed box? It has to be opened and show the coins inorder to list them. >>

grading companies will make a lot of money & some will find after opening the sets they get a lot less money than they expected.

But I think eBay can be convinced to allow sealed boxes if their trusted "coins & currency" advisors suggest it is an acceptable risk.

Now..... who wants to buy a sealed box off eBay knowing that there are eBay scammers out there??? >>

would it be any different than selling new electronics and such, how do you know there is really a vcr or computer in that box, just because there is a picture on it? Really ?

• one of My orders just shipped for 2 sets with a order time of 12:39 AM. yippie
    25th silver eagle set
  • The high brows in the Ebay legal dept must be in frantic mode right now. I think b/c these sets are going for so much that it is in Ebay's best interest to ensure the buyers are secured in getting the merchandise or Ebay's integrity and service will take a hit. I think they are going about this in the right way, being proactive. The next step is harder, communicate to the selllers what the bleep they need from them to sell the sets without risk of being zapped. It has to be fair both ways.
    Green neophyte

<< <i>The high brows in the Ebay legal dept must be in frantic mode right now. I think b/c these sets are going for so much that it is in Ebay's best interest to ensure the buyers are secured in getting the merchandise or Ebay's integrity and service will take a hit. I think they are going about this in the right way, being proactive. The next step is harder, communicate to the selllers what the bleep they need from them to sell the sets without risk of being zapped. It has to be fair both ways. >>

Simple, hold funds in sellers account until buyer is satisfied. They do this all the time. If I ran ebay, any sale over $1000 would be treated this way.

• vanwagvanwag Posts: 11 ✭✭
    It seems all the focus is on "sealed" boxes of 5 sets, so it may be a good time to open the box and sell them individually. The casual collector looking to complete his ungraded/mint-packaged ASE collection (like me) won't be interested in 5 set auctions.

<< <i>It seems all the focus is on "sealed" boxes of 5 sets, so it may be a good time to open the box and sell them individually. The casual collector looking to complete his ungraded/mint-packaged ASE collection (like me) won't be interested in 5 set auctions. >>

unfortunately, there are too many label collectors.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It seems all the focus is on "sealed" boxes of 5 sets, so it may be a good time to open the box and sell them individually. The casual collector looking to complete his ungraded/mint-packaged ASE collection (like me) won't be interested in 5 set auctions. >>

Nope. Unsealed boxes have been cherrypicked and all coins aren't elgible for F/S and Anniversary label. Sealed sets are the only way to go.

• Is it just me or was anyone else hoping the boxes weren't blue, would have looked better in a natural wood finish? not that it matters i understand nobodys buying the box.
    25th silver eagle set
  • <<First opened set appears on ebay >>

I wonder if Ebay will accept that listing. image

They are a sight to behold.
    Green neophyte
  • nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Two boxes just arrived, for supposedly single sets the boxes are huge. Looks like you could fit fives sets in each box? I posted yesterday that two orders showed shipped and the weights were 4.2 and 8.2 for single sets. >>

Can you (/anyone) please tell me what the return address on the box is...
    Thanks in advance.
    - Aron
  • We have an open photo: link
  • Is the reverse proof going to be the Belle of the Ball?
    Green neophyte
    man, I love reverse proofs!
  • Wouldn't you think that the U.S. Mint would use better tape, not the kind you get at the 99 cent store, to seal these boxes? It is a shame.
    Green neophyte
  • man I just took a long look at the pictures people posted the RP is a beauty.... I cant wait for my sets to come... My CC has been charged and says in stock and reserved but no shipping..... I CANT TAKE THE WAIT lol
  • OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    shipped! image

<< <i>

<< <i>Two boxes just arrived, for supposedly single sets the boxes are huge. Looks like you could fit fives sets in each box? I posted yesterday that two orders showed shipped and the weights were 4.2 and 8.2 for single sets. >>

Can you (/anyone) please tell me what the return address on the box is...
    Thanks in advance.
    - Aron >>

PBGS
    2700 Reeves Rd
    Plainfield, IN 46168

• My order placed at 12:37 just shipped!!!
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Hope you all have better luck than I had,
    the shipping was terrible, all 5 sets , the coins were out
    of the slots and even out of the plastic caps..
    loose rattling around in the wood box...
    Once re-assembled the sets were beautifull though,
    just lousy packaging...image
    Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA

• << <i>Hope you all have better luck than I had, the shipping was terrible, all 5 sets , the coins were out of the slots and even out of the plastic caps.. loose rattling around in the wood box... Once re-assembled the sets were beautifull though, just lousy packaging...image >>

OMG - this is becoming a nightmare
    MT
  • That really sucks . 70's may be scarce.
  • That is a travesty. You pay good money to get slop like that. Not good for the Mint.
    Green neophyte
  • 92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    Mint must've received my billing & shipping address verification... 2:20 order just went from on hold to in process, in stock and reserved w/ cancel box still showing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file