Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    Comma,

I would not talk to a rep, but a supervisor. They need to explain why it was cancelled.
  • commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So I called the mint and was on the phone with them for 45 minutes over my friend's cancelled order (He's in class, so he texted me all his info). Long story short, after talking to the absolute highest supervisor there, he's screwed. They won't reinstate a canceled order for ANY reason. image

-Paul >>

Yep, I'm on the same boat.
    Did they at least give you a reason? I got none. After 2 calls

• My first order from 12:11 just went to "Shipped" tracking number is a UPS number!
    He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. ~ Douglas Adams
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Well, my last order (12:11) finally shipped. Thank goodness.

So, doe anyone really believe they started shipping yesterday and this guy on eBay received it today?

Any 12:00:01 buyers on hear?

<< <i>Comma,

I would not talk to a rep, but a supervisor. They need to explain why it was cancelled. >>

Second time I called I asked for a supervisor. She hung up. No joke.
    I'm really upset, so I'm done calling for today. Last thing I ever thought would happen...I followed everything to a tee so this wouldn't happen.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I am fuming right now...
    I spent hours and hours to get this on sell day...for nothing. Waited through all their damn status updates, had my cc charged....
    And not even an explanation from them why it is cancelled...still out the $1,500 on my debit card on top of it. >>

Comma,

I see your BST post says you have 15 sets for sales. Is it the reason why the Mint cancel your duplicate order?
    Did the Mint cancelled all your orders? >>

Edit, They must have caught something, maybe they read your bst? >>

My bst here? First of all, I'm not even selling my sets (Im selling for other people). Second, how would they know my name?
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So I called the mint and was on the phone with them for 45 minutes over my friend's cancelled order (He's in class, so he texted me all his info). Long story short, after talking to the absolute highest supervisor there, he's screwed. They won't reinstate a canceled order for ANY reason. image

-Paul >>

Yep, I'm on the same boat.
    Did they at least give you a reason? I got none. After 2 calls >>

Yup. He gave the wrong billing address. So stupid. I tried to blame it on their system, but alas, no such luck. I feel bad for him, he has like $30k in student loans he could have paid a bit of using the profit. As of now, my 10 sets are still on the way, so we're thinking he might just send his $1500 to me to help cover grading costs for all the sets (instead of the 5 I was originally going to get graded) and then we'd split the profits according to our total investments. Hopefully we'd get a couple 70 sets....

-Paul

<< <i>

<< <i>Comma,

I would not talk to a rep, but a supervisor. They need to explain why it was cancelled. >>

I'm really upset, so I'm done calling for today. Last thing I ever thought would happen...I followed everything to a tee so this wouldn't happen. >>

Comma, don't get your hopes up. The top supervisor honestly seemed to be sorry, but I don't think they can reinstate a canceled order for ANY reason except a glaring mistake by a mint rep.

-Paul

<< <i>First confirmed actual possession of delivered box of 5 sets just appeared on Ebay. Selling for a meager $5,250 or make a reasonable offer. Not mine.

Link >>

LOL, his entire address is visible on the lower sticker. So stupid. image

-Paul
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    My 12:06 has been shipped, 12:12 shipped, 12:19 not yet and others yet. So will they be delivered tomorrow on the single shipment, any one know?
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,

<< <i>

<< <i>Comma,

I'm really upset, so I'm done calling for today. Last thing I ever thought would happen...I followed everything to a tee so this wouldn't happen. >>

But did you dot your i? I wonder if the bank the debit card is through rejected the charge????
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> ...

>>

Please allow me to introduce the Mint's newest CSR supervisor:

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>it would be nice if the mint could update everyone on the status of the wait list >>

They are still working through failed credit cards......more especially failed debit cards. My mom used a debit card and didn't call the bank to raise the limit so it went on hold. She worked through it with the bank and now its charged. Those that don't work through it will get cancelled. Good news for those waiting. I think that is going to happen a fair amount. It will be a few days before they know what is available for the wait listed folks.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i> ...

>>

Please allow me to introduce the Mint's newest CSR supervisor:

image >>

image but so true!
  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My 12:06 has been shipped, 12:12 shipped, 12:19 not yet and others yet. So will they be delivered tomorrow on the single shipment, any one know? >>

My 5 single phone orders between 12:09 and 12:21 all shipped.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Comma,

But did you dot your i? I wonder if the bank the debit card is through rejected the charge???? >>

I know there are a lot of banks that have different limits per day on debit/credit bank cards, most are $300-500. You can call and ask for a one time raise. I have a M & T gold debit card and the limit is $3,000 a day. I know this because in 2010 I ordered 3 Platinum Eagles and they rejected it. But the mint did not cancel my order right away, I was given the chance to call and increase it as stated above. Maybe with this high demand set they are not giving chance like back then?
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

• no status of shipped yet for me, but 2 of the 5 seperate orders are pending on my credit card. Hopefully the rest pull through!

edit: my cc amount available has been dinged the full amount, just not showing up in pending charges on bank website or as shipped at mint website. I must be catching this real-time!

<< <i>

<< <i>My 12:06 has been shipped, 12:12 shipped, 12:19 not yet and others yet. So will they be delivered tomorrow on the single shipment, any one know? >>

My 5 single phone orders between 12:09 and 12:21 all shipped. >>

Hmm that is strange, I'm sure my others will ship, or am I?image

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Comma,

But did you dot your i? I wonder if the bank the debit card is through rejected the charge???? >>

I know there are a lot of banks that have different limits per day on debit/credit bank cards, most are $300-500. You can call and ask for a one time raise. I have a M & T gold debit card and the limit is $3,000 a day. I know this because in 2010 I ordered 3 Platinum Eagles and they rejected it. But the mint did not cancel my order right away, I was given the chance to call and increase it as stated above. Maybe with this high demand set they are not giving chance like back then? >>

I've never heard of a visa or mastercard debit card with less than a $3k limit. I've spent well over $1,500 on this card at once before...so that can't be it.
    I just need to breathe, and get over it...which is really hard when you think you're getting them

<< <i>

Yup. He gave the wrong billing address. So stupid. I tried to blame it on their system, but alas, no such luck. I feel bad for him, he has like $30k in student loans he could have paid a bit of using the profit. As of now, my 10 sets are still on the way, so we're thinking he might just send his $1500 to me to help cover grading costs for all the sets (instead of the 5 I was originally going to get graded) and then we'd split the profits according to our total investments. Hopefully we'd get a couple 70 sets....

-Paul >>

Good friend image Ya, for me, I am just going to try and get some satisfaction knowing that someone else who really wanted them will get them...

<< <i>I know there are a lot of banks that have different limits per day on debit/credit bank cards, most are $300-500. You can call and ask for a one time raise. I have a M & T gold debit card and the limit is $3,000 a day. I know this because in 2010 I ordered 3 Platinum Eagles and they rejected it. But the mint did not cancel my order right away, I was given the chance to call and increase it as stated above. Maybe with this high demand set they are not giving chance like back then? >>

That is why I use my credit card. No limits, period. But, I still call them when something important like these sets are being ordered and let them know. Just in case they think it is a fraud (same dollar amounts and same vendor - one right after the other).
  • Do you think an order placed at 12:39 for 2 sets will go through ok, im in stocked and reserved, maybe shipping tomorrow?
    25th silver eagle set
    mastercard debit card:

SecureCode is a private code that provides added protection for online shopping. Your transactions get independent approval every time.

MasterCard operates a sophisticated, multi-level fraud monitoring system to protect cardholders from data compromise and fraud.

Either one of these could have stopped the transaction.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    Your order will intitially always go on hold. And then to process. You have a problem if your order goes from process to hold. That is when you call the mint. Those ignoring the hold after it went from process will get cancelled. The mint usually tries to put your charge through at least two times. I think the third time they will cancel the order. I would be watching your web orders constantly. One day and it could get cancelled.

• << <i>

Edit, They must have caught something, maybe they read your bst? >>

Now they are not that smart or good. My gosh this is govyment
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this guy claims to have a sealed box of 25 coins

it sold for $3250

Do you believe him?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>this guy claims to have a sealed box of 25 coins

it sold for $3250

Do you believe him? >>

Absolutely not!! My box of 3 sets shipped today & the UPS tracking says it's a 10 lb. box. That photo is supposed to be 5 sets & it's a picture of a 1 lb. box.

<< <i>

<< <i>

-Paul >>

Good friend image Ya, for me, I am just going to try and get some satisfaction knowing that someone else who really wanted them will get them... >>

Yeah, I just couldn't let him get screwed over. I currently have very little in my bank account but I am still much better off than he is, I just don't like selling stuff from my collection. He needs the money more than I do, and who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and get a couple full 70 sets? image

What do you guys think a full 70 set in PCGS FS 25th anniversary holders would go for? My wager is about $5000.

-Paul
  • DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    What is the latest best guess of the value of five complete sets? In box unopened. Opened box not certified.
    Dr. Pete
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boy oh boy...as these do indeed seem to be shipping FIFO...and they also seem to have only shipped orders received in the first 15 minutes or so today...that first hour must have been a complete doozy from an order volume perspective!
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>this guy claims to have a sealed box of 25 coins

it sold for $3250

Do you believe him? >>

Not legit. Scammers are gonna negatively effect prices.
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

it sold for $3250

Do you believe him? >>

Looks like it's a presale to me.
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Boy oh boy...as these do indeed seem to be shipping FIFO...and they also seem to have only shipped orders received in the first 15 minutes or so today...that first hour must have been a complete doozy from an order volume perspective! >>

I've got a 12:16 order. Not yet shipped. tic, tic, tic... image
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

it sold for $3250

Do you believe him? >>

Nope it says 1 Pound shipping weight for five sets ? no way. Waiting to hear from my buddy who is at my house checking mail, if in fact these were shipped yesterday theres a notice left at my house I will hear from him otherwise I don't believe it........Enjoy image Shipped/Billed On:11/08/2011 PackageWeight:9.60 lbs This is for my order of three sets
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

The box indicates a weight of one pound. How can 25 ounces of silver weigh one pound? Chinese?

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
    I tried my tracking numbers for my 12:06 order (first to be shipped). UPS states:

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

Like I asked before, any 12:00:01 but before 12:01 orders out there?

On a side note. The shipping weight for two sets is 6.60 lbs.
  • does anyone think these will actually hit the $1000 mark?
    25th silver eagle set

• << <i>does anyone think these will actually hit the $1000 mark? >>

A quick check of eBay completed sales will show that they already have.
  • I do. Just a matter of when in my opinion
  • Question? Does the first strike clock start ticking as of today?

<< <i>does anyone think these will actually hit the $1000 mark? >>

All i can say is look out Moon!
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The box indicates a weight of one pound. How can 25 ounces of silver weigh one pound? Chinese? >>

No way I rec a box with two ATB and it was 2lb for that box.image

Hoard the keys.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

it sold for $3250

Do you believe him? >>

It's a pre sale ... looks like he's using an old scan of something that he received from the past. Also, his order number might indicate a late order or even on the waiting list.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The box indicates a weight of one pound. How can 25 ounces of silver weigh one pound? Chinese? >>

Plus it contains all those “custom-design, highly polished, lacquered hardwood presentation case.”
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • looks like ebay pulled em all again, i wonder when they'll start believing people.
    25th silver eagle set
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    12:17 shipped today
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

it sold for $3250

Do you believe him? >>

It's a pre sale ... looks like he's using an old scan of something that he received from the past. Also, his order number might indicate a late order or even on the waiting list. >>

I agree, and note the ATP P pucks weighed 1 pound.

I also note the "I just received my shipment today.... here's a sealed box of 5 for sale" has been terminated.

is eBay going to terminate all closed box auctions???

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • who knows with ebay lately
    25th silver eagle set
  • Wow. My 12:05 order went from In Process to Hold to CANCELLED.

I initially asked the mint to split the $1505 between credit and debit. Mint charges $305 to debit (accepted) and $1200 to credit (rejected). Failed attempt #1, order goes to hold.

I ask mint to charge entire order to debit instead of credit. Mint does so and bills debit for $1505 today, WITHOUT CANCELLING THE $305 CHARGE. $1505 charge is rejected, while the proper $1200 charge would not have been. Two attempts failed = order cancellation. I call mint, they basically tell me to call back later. Call back two hours later, they tell me to take it up with my CC company. I eventually talk to a supervisor, a very nice woman named Kim. (Extension 1158 if you want to talk to someone helpful.) She explains that I need to fax them a letter requesting reinstatement of my cancelled order if I believe it was done erroneously, which it was. I quickly draft the letter and send it in.

So, if your order was cancelled for no apparent reason, write a letter with your name/address/order #/email and complaint and fax it to the mint at 317-837-6950. I'm waiting on a response, but it seems cut-and-dry that the mint messed up here. An actual human being will read your letter. Might help out comma and the others hurt by the mint's automated systems.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>looks like ebay pulled em all again, i wonder when they'll start believing people. >>

Not until the first one is actually received & that won't happen until tomorrow at the earliest.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file