Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I highly doubt that would work. You imagine the fraud you could perpetrate and how easy it would be to get around the Mint limits doing that. Even the Mint isn't stupid enough to allow that on high value products like this. >>

UPS has changed their delivery service now.

This is a recent change.

You sign up online and can redirect your packages' delivery.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>These are all going to be shipped by UPS starting 21 Nov 2011. I'm not sure on the expedited. Rep didn't know. >>

Doesn't make sense. They wouldn't charge my card today then ship 2 weeks later.

<< <i>

<< <i>I highly doubt that would work. You imagine the fraud you could perpetrate and how easy it would be to get around the Mint limits doing that. Even the Mint isn't stupid enough to allow that on high value products like this. >>

This is a recent change.

You sign up online and can redirect your packages' delivery. >>

Have you tried it out?

• << <i>

This is a recent change.

You sign up online and can redirect your packages' delivery. >>

I have that and have tried and it fails. Depends on what the shipper allows.
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    My orders are in stock and reserved and I was charged for both! Woo!! image

-Paul
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-800 rep didn't know what she is talking about.

these are going out any day now.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1-800 rep didn't know what she is talking about.

these are going out any day now. >>

Agreed. No way they'd charge this early if that were so.

-Paul

• << <i>

<< <i>Glad these are being shipped now...well ahead of the Black Friday shipping tsunami! >>

I wanted them next week so I could take them to Baltimore/Whitman

now I'm gunna have to spring for shipping to Cali. >>

Would you trust dropping them off at a show anyway? They would have a huge stack sitting there at their table or somewhere - will they be guarded? Its not like you can insure anything at a dropoff? Seems bizarre that PCGS is even going to put up with this.
    Sorry, another UPS question I can't find the answer to.
    If the UPS truck typically comes to your house at a particular time (say 2ish), for overnight, will they come earlier possibly? I leave for work around 10...so just wondering if there is any possibility they would stop by before I left.
  • SpeedieSpeedie Posts: 104 ✭✭

<< <i>Sorry, another UPS question I can't find the answer to.
    If the UPS truck typically comes to your house at a particular time (say 2ish), for overnight, will they come earlier possibly? I leave for work around 10...so just wondering if there is any possibility they would stop by before I left. >>

The ATB coins that have been upgraded to UPS Next Day were always by 10:30am IIRC.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the UPS truck typically comes to your house at a particular time (say 2ish), for overnight, will they come earlier possibly? I leave for work around 10...so just wondering if there is any possibility they would stop by before I left. >>

Where I live (Boonies) there are 2 different UPS trucks, the overnight run and the regular guy. The overnight, urgent package truck comes through my area 2 hours earlier.

<< <i>

The ATB coins that have been upgraded to UPS Next Day were always by 10:30am IIRC. >>

OK, awesome. There's hope yet!
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    My UPS guy for over night shipments has always comes between 9-9:30 a.m. I think they have until a certain time for over night, not sure of the time.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They just hit my CC, these are coming soonimage >>

Ditto: Hit the card and says "Processing" at the card carrier's site.....full amount charged.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

<< <i>Understandable. But it does look like some of us will have these by the end of the week. image >>

Which would meet with their initial 11/10/11 shipdate. Impressive actually.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

<< <i>ATB P pucks were UPS >>

A couple of mine were FedEx.
    I had to watch it tracking, not be able to be at home (by about 20-30 minutes image ), and then, after the attempt, I had to call and have them delivered to a main fedex depot near my work. Added about 2 days, since it was after hours and already scheduled out, before I could pick them up.

• And the irony is we get them delivered and then all turn around and ship them right back out to the graders. We are making the economy grow single handedly with these damn coins, the shippers make money, the graders make money, ebay and paypal make money and so on. Unless you just bought a set to collect, then you are simply happy and content come a few days.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Glad these are being shipped now...well ahead of the Black Friday shipping tsunami! >>

I wanted them next week so I could take them to Baltimore/Whitman

now I'm gunna have to spring for shipping to Cali. >>

Would you trust dropping them off at a show anyway? They would have a huge stack sitting there at their table or somewhere - will they be guarded? Its not like you can insure anything at a dropoff? Seems bizarre that PCGS is even going to put up with this. >>

Your box of sealed sets is small potatoes compared to other coins submitted at coin shows. I'm sure if PCGS says they will be accepting these, they have the security angle covered.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • 3:16 ISaR --- still has cancel box though
    2 orders after 4 still BO
    Looks like 4pm maybe a cut off time for wait list. or they are just processing 1/2 now 1/2 after they ship first batch.
    I did not see wait list go up on site till approx. 4:30pm

::imageosted here too since this is bigger thread:::
  • My order for 2 set from 12:15 is in stock and reserved
    My order fro 1 set from 4:15 is still in process...

gary-
    Ebay Seller Americansilvereagle 800+ feedback
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    So, has PCGS came out with any guidance on submitting these sets? It seems I saw a post a while back they were meeting and would post something here.

Time is getting short and I believe these babies are about to hit the road.
  • The coin lookup numbers now have all the codes for 25th Anniv Sets - First Strike for all five coins. They must have just updated them since there was so much buzz about it not being complete. Get your forms ready!!
    Green neophyte
    So, they are going to allow 1st Strike on all 5 coins? That is a change for more change.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall it being posted on here -- if it was, my apologies for redundancy. Here's the PCGS verdict on their grading for these sets (from Friday):

PCGS 25th Anniv Grading Policy Thread
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    in stock and reserved....image
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    all US mint UPS deliveries are in hand by 10:30 am or real close, one time it was 10:37
    but oh well, maybe a new driver. Mints sends it out second day priority.

no one will need to do anything in regards to directing a delivery.

who ever started that rumour needs a slap

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So, they are going to allow 1st Strike on all 5 coins? That is a change for more change. >>

2 are First Strike and 3 are First Restrike?image
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Both my orders: 5:06 pm and 5:35 pm ET are still "in-process". Tomorrow we shall see!
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Does anyone really know if it's UPS or Fedex delivering these??? >>

Im not 100% sure but when i bought a ATB from them it was fedex. >>

usualy Fedex delviers to the post office and then USPS delivers- but a 5 pack
    will prob come direct from UPS and not USPS or Fedex

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Click on PCGS 25th Anniv Grading Policy link above and then scroll down to the Dabbler's thread and see the live bug. All this talk about the 25th Anniversary set and the mint even has the bug confussed. Thought you might get a chuckle out of it.

<< <i>I don't recall it being posted on here -- if it was, my apologies for redundancy. Here's the PCGS verdict on their grading for these sets (from Friday):

PCGS 25th Anniv Grading Policy Thread >>

Thanks. I missed see it as all the replies to this thread has kept me busy when I been around the puter.
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    "Status: Open"
  • halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    I've been wondering how the "bullion" coins were handled. Was there a special run with more care taken, or did they just pull 200 MBs, dump the tubes & put the coins in capsules?
    If that is the case then is it possible that the bullion coin might be the "money" coin in a MS70 set?

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • ksammutksammut Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

<< <i>in stock and reserved....image >>

Same here on my two orders totaling 5 sets.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    FYI, received 3 letters from the Mint today - we've heard about this before - asking that the orders [ for the 25th anniv. sets ] be confirmed as to billing and shipping addresses, and the amount. Letters were dated 11/4, and noted orders would be cancelled if confirmation via these letters wasn't received in 10 days...

They're headed out tomorrow, doncha know...

Whew!

These orders have been, and still are, on hold... but I suspect that will change in the next several days, once these confirmations wind their way through the system, wouldn't you think?

UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was reading through this massive thread and wondering what a PCGS/ First Strike/ complete 5 coin 70 set will fetch?

Any guesses?

• My 12:05 order for 5 sets went from "In process" to "On hold" today. I panicked and checked my credit and debit accounts. (I split the transaction between credit and debit.) My debit card was charged for the correct amount. My credit card was not. The transaction was THREE dollars over my credit limit! Frantic, I called the mint to put the entire order on debit instead. Sure enough, they answered the phone at 10:30 PM. I switched the card and all was well. The woman at the mint said that today's charge that put people to "In stock and reserved" was a probe and not a hard charge. It will be reversed and replaced with another charge sometime soon. She said it was a possibility that the sets would be shipped within a week, but things were frantic. We should definitely expect them before Thanksgiving though.

Can't wait to get my 5 sets!
  • On a side note, it looks like eBay's policy of yanking sets has depressed the price, as panicky flippers set low BIN prices to get their sets sold quickly.
  • youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

<< <i> We should definitely expect them before Thanksgiving though. >>

Funny
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry if this has been asked, but I didn't see it.

What is the latest order that has gone "in stock and reserved"?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was reading through this massive thread and wondering what a PCGS/ First Strike/ complete 5 coin 70 set will fetch?

Any guesses? >>

O.K.
    I'll guess.

In the first weeks they fetch $4500 and then quickly shoot up to $7 - 9K once quality issues of the sets become the big buzz.

Just my WAG.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>Sorry if this has been asked, but I didn't see it.

What is the latest order that has gone "in stock and reserved"? >>

Anything before 4:00 is good to go. My 4:08 order is still BO. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • My order went in at 3:55 and I'm In stock and reserved but with no expected delivery date. My card hasn't been charged either. Not sure what's going on.
    "I'll believe it's a crisis when the people who keep telling me it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis." Glenn Reynolds
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The woman at the mint said that today's charge that put people to "In stock and reserved" was a probe and not a hard charge. >>

That appears to be true.
  • 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭
    The whole thing is so absurd. Keep your expectations in check until you see the truck at your curb.
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • my order in stock and reserved cancl box gone 38341xxx about 138pm central time
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    The waiting list probably begins at 4 PM. Which makes sense giving the mint a half hour at 4:30 PM to put up their waiting list notice. This is not looking good for orders beyond 4 PM.

• << <i>1-800 rep didn't know what she is talking about.

these are going out any day now. >>

For sure....my guess is they will start today or tomorrow at the latest

All three of my orders are "in stock and reserved" ..cancel box gone,,,,,,, last order was 238pm

• << <i>

<< <i>The woman at the mint said that today's charge that put people to "In stock and reserved" was a probe and not a hard charge. >>

That appears to be true. >>

If your cancel box is gone...so is your cash

I would call that a "hard" charge
  • Post deleted .... misleading info

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file