Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• So the basic options are...

1) Get 5 sets graded, for maximum 70-potential, and drop $900~ on grading/shipping fees

OR

2) sell as sealed sets

OR

3) sell as cherrypicked/open sets

OR

4) keep them

• << <i>I just went to in Stock and reserved.. no ship date. >>

Same here. All five of my quantity 1 orders are In stock and reserved!
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So the basic options are...

1) Get 5 sets graded, for maximum 70-potential, and drop $900~ on grading/shipping fees

OR

2) sell as sealed sets

OR

3) sell as cherrypicked/open sets

OR

4) keep them >>

OR

cancel the order while you still can. image

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK...3 of the 4 orders I'm tracking just went to in stock and reserved. They were placed from about 12:30 to 4:00.

Another order at about 4:30 is still simply in process.

I think quite a large majority of orders have probably now gone to in stock and reserved.

Actual shipping will probably commence in the next couple of days.

• << <i>I just went to in Stock and reserved.. no ship date.

BTW what is the total cost of grading 5 sets of these with the 25th Lable? >>

Same here!!!!!
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Same here - in stock and reserved. So, now I beleive the CC's and DC's start getting hit with the $$.
  • same here 2 orders both in stock and reservedimage
    25th silver eagle set
  • ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    Mine, too, now shows In Stock & Reserved... 5 sets
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Mine was placed at 12:01 and it shows In stock and reserved too.
  • ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

>>According to my UPS Distribution Center, only the shipper can change the delivery address except once an attempt has been made to deliver, you can call and have it held at the Distribution Center. Then you can go pick it up. However, you have to have a Government issued ID with your address on it for them to turn it over to you.

There is no way, according to them, that the receiver can change where it is to be delivered when you are required to sign for it. I have tried. In fact, I have tried to get them to hold it at th Distribution Center rather than making the first attempt and they say, "No, we have to try to make the first attempt. Then you can have it held." >>

Good information to know, as I'm rarely home during the day for a delivery.
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the 4 PM may be the start of the waiting list maybe.
  • commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>>>According to my UPS Distribution Center, only the shipper can change the delivery address except once an attempt has been made to deliver, you can call and have it held at the Distribution Center. Then you can go pick it up. However, you have to have a Government issued ID with your address on it for them to turn it over to you.

There is no way, according to them, that the receiver can change where it is to be delivered when you are required to sign for it. I have tried. In fact, I have tried to get them to hold it at th Distribution Center rather than making the first attempt and they say, "No, we have to try to make the first attempt. Then you can have it held." >>

Good information to know, as I'm rarely home during the day for a delivery. >>

Go on the ups website (or talk to them). I've done both.
    If you have an online account, you can switch the address once you have a tracking number. You dont need to wait for an attempted delivery or have a government issued form of ID
    Other members have also replied saying they got the address switched as well.

• All 5 of my orders just changed to In Stock and Reserved!

He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. ~ Douglas Adams
  • Al21Al21 Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    I ordered mine about 5pm PST. My order just went to in process.image

Successful BST transactions with WTCG, NH48400, evil empire,
    meltdown, timrutnat, bumanchu, 2ndCharter, rpw, AgBlox, indiananationals, yellowkid, RGJohn, fishteeth, rkfish, Ponyexpress8, kalshacon, Tdec1000, Coinlieutenant, SamByrd, Coppercolor
  • BurnieBurnie Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    Mine are also in stock and reserved, although the cancel box is still there.
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>All 5 of my orders just changed to In Stock and Reserved! >>

Likewise.....In Stock & reserved....image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>>>According to my UPS Distribution Center, only the shipper can change the delivery address except once an attempt has been made to deliver, you can call and have it held at the Distribution Center. Then you can go pick it up. However, you have to have a Government issued ID with your address on it for them to turn it over to you.

If you have an online account, you can switch the address once you have a tracking number. You dont need to wait for an attempted delivery or have a government issued form of ID
    Other members have also replied saying they got the address switched as well. >>

I am not aware of them switching, held is the only option I have seen for Mint products.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • They just hit my CC, these are coming soonimage
    25th silver eagle set
  • erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Other members have also replied saying they got the address switched as well. >>

I am not aware of them switching, held is the only option I have seen for Mint products. >>

From my last order from the US Mint, this is the tracking detail from the order where I went online and changed the delivery address.

03/15/2011 7:52 P.M. The Delivery Change Request for this package has been completed. / The address has been corrected. The delivery has been rescheduled.
    03/15/2011 5:24 P.M. A Delivery Change Request for this package will be processed. / Deliver to Another Address.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

During the ATB sales, the deliveries by FedEx seemed to be unchangeable, while those shipped by UPS ground were changeable, before delivery. With the Mint, I've had these listed as shipped at 11:00 pm and at my door by 10:00 the next morning. With that kind of speed, it may not be possible to change the delivery address in time, at least not without causing "complications". With what it took to place an order for these, I would hope that a delivery address change is not something someone would enter into lightly.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi

<< <i>During the ATB sales, the deliveries by FedEx seemed to be unchangeable, while those shipped by UPS ground were changeable, before delivery. With the Mint, I've had these listed as shipped at 11:00 pm and at my door by 10:00 the next morning. With that kind of speed, it may not be possible to change the delivery address in time, at least not without causing "complications". With what it took to place an order for these, I would hope that a delivery address change is not something someone would enter into lightly. >>

Mine cited above happend on a next day air shipment via UPS, similar to the 25ths. Signature required at time of delivery. I was able to change it after two delivery attempts. No problems.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Cancel box is now gone. Order time 12:06

<< <i>During the ATB sales, the deliveries by FedEx seemed to be unchangeable, while those shipped by UPS ground were changeable, before delivery. With the Mint, I've had these listed as shipped at 11:00 pm and at my door by 10:00 the next morning. With that kind of speed, it may not be possible to change the delivery address in time, at least not without causing "complications". With what it took to place an order for these, I would hope that a delivery address change is not something someone would enter into lightly. >>

The only reason I was curious in the first place was people were saying they send them back to the mint after 3 attempts. If I am gone for 3 days, that is 3 attempts. I don't want these being sent back image
    The mint had no real consistency with ship dates...so I couldn't really plan around it and be home...

• The cancel boxes are now gone from my first 3 orders (all made prior to 1:00pm). My last two orders were made between 1:00 - 1:30pm, they still have the cancel boxes. those should be gone soon as well!
    He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. ~ Douglas Adams
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

on the Fedex, I did holds at a Fedex store and picked then up on my way home.

Understandable. But it does look like some of us will have these by the end of the week. image

~ Vince Lombardi

<< <i>

The only reason I was curious in the first place was people were saying they send them back to the mint after 3 attempts. If I am gone for 3 days, that is 3 attempts. I don't want these being sent back image
    The mint had no real consistency with ship dates...so I couldn't really plan around it and be home... >>

Here is a link to the UPS site saying you can change the address:

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/service/delivery_change.html
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    I've had times when I'd receive an order from the mint then get an email saying it had shipped
    We might see these any day now.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>... >>

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/service/delivery_change.html >>

I understand all that. It's just that with how difficult it was to order these, I'd think very carefully about making any changes, that's all. I do recall someone mentioning a scheme to get around Mint HH limits with the ATB's by giving the Mint strangers' shipping addresses then changing the delivery addresses in route to his one real address. Don't remember who it was or whether or not it worked for him. Makes me wonder if the shipping company reports back to the Mint that the address was changed. If so, and it could be shown that it was done to get around the HH limit, it could impact future Mint orders.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone really know if it's UPS or Fedex delivering these???
  • bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone really know if it's UPS or Fedex delivering these??? >>

Im not 100% sure but when i bought a ATB from them it was fedex.

• << <i>

<< <i>

The mint had no real consistency with ship dates...so I couldn't really plan around it and be home... >>

Only shipper can change deliver to address. However you can have left at the local UPS distro center.
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

Usually it is UPS to my home.
    It might be fedex to PO BOX , not really sure about PO Boxes though?

Joe

• << <i>

Im not 100% sure but when i bought a ATB from them it was fedex and I think its going to be fedex >>

Everything I ever bought from Mint, (a lot) has come UPS.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Did you notice you have to have the Infonotice number from the first attempt? anyway, I have called the several times with the tracking number and they would not change the delivery. They will only hold it at the Service Center (who later calls to verify you want it held).

It appears UPS has different operating procedures depending on where you are.

On a side note, my cancel boxes are gone on all 3 orders (total of 5 sets).

Now I know the CC's and DC's are being hit.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received three expedited orders in October, all UPS next day. Same for the previous six months.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• << <i>

Joe >>

fedex doesn't deliver to po boxes. It will be UPS anyway.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    ATB P pucks were UPS

Loves me some shiny!
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Don't worry even if it is sent back to the mint they still try to deliver it again.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

<< <i>Only shipper can change deliver to address. However you can have left at the local UPS distro center. >>

I've had mine changed. I was not the shipper.

Per UPS:

hange Your Delivery

InfoNotice Makes Changes Easy
    The UPS InfoNotice® is a powerful tool that links all shipments for your delivery stop to one unique bar code or reference. You can use your UPS InfoNotice number to track your shipment or to change delivery options on ups.com.

Note: Delivery change charges apply for Deliver to Another Address and Reschedule Delivery. You will only be charged if your request is completed. There is no charge for Will Call or Return to Sender.

How to Change Your Delivery Options
    On either the ups.com home page or the main Tracking page, enter your 12-digit UPS InfoNotice number (found above the bar code) in the Tracking or InfoNotice Numbers field, and select the Track button. This will take you to the Tracking Summary page.
    On the Tracking Summary page, select the Change Delivery button.
    Choose from up to four delivery change options:
    Will Call: UPS will hold your shipment at a nearby location for you to pick up.
    Deliver to Another Address: Redirect your shipment to a different delivery address.
    Reschedule Delivery: Specify a future date you want UPS to deliver the shipment.
    Return to Sender: UPS will return the shipment to the sender.
    Select Next, and provide the required information for the option you selected. If there is a service fee for your request, you will be asked to provide a payment card number.
    Select Finish to complete your request.
    Print the confirmation page for your records.

<< <i>

Joe >>

Not sure about FedEx but the people at my Service Center told me they would eight try calling or send a postcard to the Post Office PO box. Now, my UPS store has PO boxes and they will deliver there. So, it depends on the type of box you have.
  • bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Im not 100% sure but when i bought a ATB from them it was fedex and I think its going to be fedex >>

Everything I ever bought from Mint, (a lot) has come UPS. >>

Really thats wierd I got mine delievered to my house by fedex but idk.
    erickso1

Try changing it prior to the first attempt w/o the infonotice number (just using the tracking number)
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad these are being shipped now...well ahead of the Black Friday shipping tsunami!

<< <i>erickso1

Try changing it prior to the first attempt w/o the infonotice number (just using the tracking number) >>

I will be doing that this time and will let you know. As mentioned though the UPS missed delivery notice usually shows up prior to my US Mint tracking number. image

edited to add: But even if I can't it doesn't matter as I will have to have the address changed to my work. No one will be at home to sign unless it comes on a Saturday.

• << <i>

<< <i>

Joe >>

Not sure about FedEx but the people at my Service Center told me they would eight try calling or send a postcard to the Post Office PO box. Now, my UPS store has PO boxes and they will deliver there. So, it depends on the type of box you have. >>

UPS Store box is not a PO box - totally different.

<< <i>

<< <i>erickso1

Try changing it prior to the first attempt w/o the infonotice number (just using the tracking number) >>

I will be doing that this time and will let you know. As mentioned though the UPS missed delivery notice usually shows up prior to my US Mint tracking number. image

edited to add: But even if I can't it doesn't matter as I will have to have the address changed to my work. No one will be at home to sign unless it comes on a Saturday. >>

It will be interesting if it work prior to the first delivery attempt. Let us know. image

As for me, I will just drive 4 blocks the pick them up at the Distribution Center.
  • I highly doubt that would work. You imagine the fraud you could perpetrate and how easy it would be to get around the Mint limits doing that. Even the Mint isn't stupid enough to allow that on high value products like this.

<< <i>

<< <i>Only shipper can change deliver to address. However you can have left at the local UPS distro center. >>

I've had mine changed. I was not the shipper.

Per UPS:

hange Your Delivery

InfoNotice Makes Changes Easy
    The UPS InfoNotice® is a powerful tool that links all shipments for your delivery stop to one unique bar code or reference. You can use your UPS InfoNotice number to track your shipment or to change delivery options on ups.com.

Note: Delivery change charges apply for Deliver to Another Address and Reschedule Delivery. You will only be charged if your request is completed. There is no charge for Will Call or Return to Sender.

How to Change Your Delivery Options
    On either the ups.com home page or the main Tracking page, enter your 12-digit UPS InfoNotice number (found above the bar code) in the Tracking or InfoNotice Numbers field, and select the Track button. This will take you to the Tracking Summary page.
    On the Tracking Summary page, select the Change Delivery button.
    Choose from up to four delivery change options:
    Will Call: UPS will hold your shipment at a nearby location for you to pick up.
    Deliver to Another Address: Redirect your shipment to a different delivery address.
    Reschedule Delivery: Specify a future date you want UPS to deliver the shipment.
    Return to Sender: UPS will return the shipment to the sender.
    Select Next, and provide the required information for the option you selected. If there is a service fee for your request, you will be asked to provide a payment card number.
    Select Finish to complete your request.
    Print the confirmation page for your records. >>

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Glad these are being shipped now...well ahead of the Black Friday shipping tsunami! >>

I wanted them next week so I could take them to Baltimore/Whitman

now I'm gunna have to spring for shipping to Cali.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭
    These are all going to be shipped by UPS starting 21 Nov 2011. I'm not sure on the expedited. Rep didn't know.
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file