Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• Check it out before Ebay pulls it.....dude put a pic of his Chase CC statement to prove he has a confirmed order

CC Statement

Different approach.....but....Ebay will prevail
  • Wow !
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Check it out before Ebay pulls it.....dude put a pic of his Chase CC statement to prove he has a confirmed order

CC Statement

Different approach.....but....Ebay will prevail >>

BTW..his cc has not been charged as he indicated....it's a pending charge, that may drop off.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • drdjadrdja Posts: 82 ✭✭

Order Status: Your order request has been shipped. 11/8/11!
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Order Status: Your order request has been shipped. 11/8/11! >>

Seriously..is this real? I think you'd be the first. What time was your order placed?
  • drdjadrdja Posts: 82 ✭✭

<< <i><<Order Status: Your order request has been shipped. 11/8/11! >>

Seriously..is this real? I think you'd be the first. What time was your order placed? >>

I placed the order at 12:07
    Also, in regards to the post 4:00-4:30PM orders still being on hold...I think once the Mint has officially finished its clearing of duplicate and non-conforming over-limit orders, that timeframe will more back quite a bit.

But they probably want to start shipping the "definitly safe" earlier orders so as not to have too much of a backlog at the shipping contractor.

They also probably don't want these things getting tangled up in the Thanksgiving/Black Friday retail shipping frenzy.
    << <<Order Status: Your order request has been shipped. 11/8/11! >>

<<Seriously..is this real? I think you'd be the first. What time was your order placed? >>

<<I placed the order at 12:07 >>

As Don Rickles would say, congratulations...you get a cookie!

• My 5th order (Order number: 38366xxx) was placed via telephone at 4:00p (e-mail confirmation timestamp) and is still showing backorder. All other orders in stock and reserved.
    EAC member since 2011, one third of the way through my 1793 large cent type set
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    Wonder what it does to the credit card industry's fraus alert system when one business does 30 Million in credit card hits in a short time?

My 12:05 is still "in process"
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • me too :-)

Order Date: 10/27/2011 at 12:06 AM

Order Status: Your order request has been shipped.
    Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA
    So just to be clear here...when dealing with either major TPG service...if you leave the box sealed, you essentially have all the time in the world to decide what you want to do...and still get all the bells and whistles, correct?
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>So just to be clear here...when dealing with either major TPG service...if you leave the box sealed, you essentially have all the time in the world to decide what you want to do...and still get all the bells and whistles, correct? >>

yes
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wonder what it does to the credit card industry's fraus alert system when one business does 30 Million in credit card hits in a short time? >>

That is why I called my CC bank right after placing the order and total them to expect the charges.

Mine are still in stock and reserved:

12:06
    12:10
    12:11

But my CC has been hit for all three orders.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So just to be clear here...when dealing with either major TPG service...if you leave the box sealed, you essentially have all the time in the world to decide what you want to do...and still get all the bells and whistles, correct? >>

yes >>

No, NGC does not go with the dated label thing for their Early Releases designation. They require delivery to them within the 30 days. They have one exception for coins "held in depositories or at NGC."

Early Release Criteria

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• Just lost the cancel button and have a pending transaction on my card! Woot!
    "I'll believe it's a crisis when the people who keep telling me it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis." Glenn Reynolds
  • Order placed at 12:01 show as being ship today, GREAT
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine was at 12>03 and its Order Date: 10/27/2011 at 12:03 AM

woohoo enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

<< <i>

<< <i>

yes >>

No, NGC does not go with the dated label thing for their Early Releases designation. They require delivery to them within the 30 days. They have one exception for coins "held in depositories or at NGC."

Early Release Criteria >>

Who's NGC?????? image
  • Yes! Mine has been shipped as well.. 12:21 order.
    Are these all "boxes of 5"? I seem to remember when they shipped the '06 that they shipped "boxes of 10" first...maybe I dreamed it
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Whoa! I just checked mine again and it is back to in process! WTF?

<< <i>Are these all "boxes of 5"? I seem to remember when they shipped the '06 that they shipped "boxes of 10" first...maybe I dreamed it >>

Box of three .........Enjoy image

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Are these all "boxes of 5"? I seem to remember when they shipped the '06 that they shipped "boxes of 10" first...maybe I dreamed it >>

no they did not fulfill boxes of ten first. there was also a differnt shipping facility, too. can't remember the name but it's now PBS...Pitney Bowes(sp?)

my order went in about 12:30 PDST so 9:30 EDST,

it's in process, cancel gone. i expect a "ship" later today actually.
  • Anybody else go from shipped back to in process?
    Woot!

Box of 3

Order Date: 10/27/2011 at 12:05 AM

• epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    For those with the shipped status, is there a UPS tracking number box available on your page?

<< <i>Whoa! I just checked mine again and it is back to in process! WTF? >>

The mint is reading the forum and having some fun.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• I know this is a bit off topic, but can the experienced folks venture a guess, why no 25th anniversary gold set? Is one expected or is it anybody's guess? Or very unlikely?
  • 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭

Meaningless. Check your credit card.
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • There was a tracking number earlier but not now. Gonna check again.

<< <i>I know this is a bit off topic, but can the experienced folks venture a guess, why no 25th anniversary gold set? Is one expected or is it anybody's guess? Or very unlikely? >>

They probably see a limited market with the price of gold. Probably don't see justification for the startup costs. If done it would probably be with fractionals to keep the sale price down.

<< <i>For those with the shipped status, is there a UPS tracking number box available on your page? >>

Yes tracking number is still there on mine but when I enter it, its showing that more or less they created the number but the package has not really left the building......will see Enjoy image

Link to My Registry Set.

• Yes, it just does not come out on the UPS website, because it has not being picked up yet.
  • raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭
    Here's an E-bay listing: item # 230698132088. Thirty five (35) sets available. Anyone need one?
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• It was removed.
  • mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    Shipped, 3 orders for 1 set

so far

• CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    230698132088 I see no listing, are you sure the # is correct?
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Quick guess about no Anniv Gold Eagle Sets: because they would cost north of $5k... ??
    EAC member since 2011, one third of the way through my 1793 large cent type set
  • commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

The mint is reading the forum and having some fun. >>

Exactly what I was thinking! haha. "Lets changed it to shipped...naah, lets switch it back"
  • Mine just shipped also.

Tracking Number:
    1ZE198xxxxxxxxxxxx

25TH ANNIVERSARY AE 5 COIN SILVER SET 5 $299.95 $1,499.75 5 units shipped on 11/08/2011

My order was taken at 9:03 AM PST (12:03PM EST)

Order#: 38324xxx
    Green neophyte
  • My other order placed at 9:22, order# 38328xxx, still listed as "In stock and reserved". I am hoping it will ship today. image
    Green neophyte
  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least they're shipping FIFO
  • Strange thing about my order that shipped today is the cc trx still shows as a pending chrg on my acct. I am sure it will settle tonight and become an official trx tomorrow....
    Green neophyte
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your order doesn't show "In Stock and Reserved", or "Your Order Request has Shipped" are you just on the waiting list? Any thoughts about that?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Order time 12:06
    Order number 3832xxxx
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭
    it would be nice if the mint could update everyone on the status of the wait list
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>At least they're shipping FIFO >>

Appears so....also appears that they are doing it FIFO with the ones that the billing has OK'ed (ie...nothing further needed).
    Not a bad thing. Raufus should have his first image

No shipping info on mine yet, but I was ~12:15pm, so it should be soon. Already charged.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

My 12:06 order shipped, has tracking number

My 12:10 & 12:11 have not at this point.

• << <i>

<< <i>I know this is a bit off topic, but can the experienced folks venture a guess, why no 25th anniversary gold set? Is one expected or is it anybody's guess? Or very unlikely? >>

They probably see a limited market with the price of gold. Probably don't see justification for the startup costs. If done it would probably be with fractionals to keep the sale price down. >>

I may have previously posted that I would have liked to see a 25th Ann. set with the 1/10 $5 AGEs. Burnished, Proof, Rev. Proof set could have been sold at around $500 or so. Oh well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file