Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• << <i>Question? Does the first strike clock start ticking as of today? >>

No. It won't until Friday at the earliest or whenever PCGS actually receives an order "in-house".
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone figure out why PCGS lists the coin number for the burnished 2011-W coin as being "2011-(W)"

Then again, in the same information on their homepage, they say the reverse proof will be designated as from the "24th Anniversary Set"

I don't think I'm putting any of these in the mail to PCGS until they clear up that sort of stuff...

I guess they don't proofread????

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>this guy claims to have a sealed box of 25 coins

it sold for $3250

Do you believe him? >>

It's a pre sale ... looks like he's using an old scan of something that he received from the past. Also, his order number might indicate a late order or even on the waiting list. >>

I agree, and note the ATP P pucks weighed 1 pound.

I also note the "I just received my shipment today.... here's a sealed box of 5 for sale" has been terminated.

is eBay going to terminate all closed box auctions??? >>

Unlikely, but they're not going to allow them until they are actually received and that ain't gonna happen until tomorrow at the earliest. None were mailed out yesterday...
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>this guy claims to have a sealed box of 25 coins

it sold for $3250

Do you believe him? >>

It's a pre sale ... looks like he's using an old scan of something that he received from the past. Also, his order number might indicate a late order or even on the waiting list. >>

I agree, and note the ATP P pucks weighed 1 pound.

I also note the "I just received my shipment today.... here's a sealed box of 5 for sale" has been terminated.

is eBay going to terminate all closed box auctions??? >>

Unlikely, but they're not going to allow them until they are actually received and that ain't gonna happen until tomorrow at the earliest. None were mailed out yesterday... >>

and even then the drones will continue to nuke them. Ebay doesn't know when they were shipped and probably won't attempt to find out.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    I said it on the last page but I'll ask again, why would 5 sealed sets weigh 15.5 pounds...? That's what my tracking indicates...Lets see 5 oz per set X 5 =25 ounces of silver=2 lbs, so the mint blue boxes weigh 2.5 lbs each?
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    Ok guys, I'm debating whether to get my 10 sets graded or not...I asked this earlier, but nobody responded.

What do you think a FS PCGS set in 70 will bring? I'm thinking 5k.

-Paul
  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>and even then the drones will continue to nuke them. Ebay doesn't know when they were shipped and probably won't attempt to find out. >>

Exactly right. The drones will nuke actual photos of real sets tomorrow. Anyone know who to contact at Ebay so this doesn't happen?
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Ebay is probably going to go by the mints posted ship date of 11/10, so any posted before then will get nuked.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I said it on the last page but I'll ask again, why would 5 sealed sets weigh 15.5 pounds...? That's what my tracking indicates...Lets see 5 oz per set X 5 =25 ounces of silver=2 lbs, so the mint blue boxes weigh 2.5 lbs each? >>

Not unusual, I've seen this with plenty of Mint shipments

<< <i>I said it on the last page but I'll ask again, why would 5 sealed sets weigh 15.5 pounds...? That's what my tracking indicates...Lets see 5 oz per set X 5 =25 ounces of silver=2 lbs, so the mint blue boxes weigh 2.5 lbs each? >>

One set weighs 4.2 lb
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

One set weighs 4.2 lb >>

So then 5 sets would be 21 pounds? I doubt it...
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok guys, I'm debating whether to get my 10 sets graded or not...I asked this earlier, but nobody responded.

What do you think a FS PCGS set in 70 will bring? I'm thinking 5k.

-Paul >>

image......a presale NGC 70 set sold for $5300 last week on Ebay.
  • Would like to say Hi to everyone. I am new to the site but have been active in the coin hobbie for 20 years or so. I found this forum while looking up information about haveing my 25th Aniv. sets graded... I look forward to chatting with you all and hearing some ammazing stories
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Would like to say Hi to everyone. I am new to the site but have been active in the coin hobbie for 20 years or so. I found this forum while looking up information about haveing my 25th Aniv. sets graded... I look forward to chatting with you all and hearing some ammazing stories >>

Welcome aboard, GBurger image
    Quite the time to enter the board with the 25th topic running hot image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

<< <i>

<< <i>

One set weighs 4.2 lb >>

So then 5 sets would be 21 pounds? I doubt it... >>

So far UPS has scanned in 3 of my 5 single sets. Weights: 4.2, 4.3, 4.8 lbs. You think they threw in a UHR?image
  • ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Welcome,
    you're in the thick of one amazing story right now... image
    figglehorn
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageand hang on this is going to be a fast one. Try to keep up. It's going to fly to the moon no need for red bull here... have fun.

Hoard the keys.
  • ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Would like to say Hi to everyone. I am new to the site but have been active in the coin hobbie for 20 years or so. I found this forum while looking up information about haveing my 25th Aniv. sets graded... I look forward to chatting with you all and hearing some ammazing stories >>

Wow... talk about diving in to the deep end of the pool! Welcome!
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Its amazing all the intrest in these sets. I was luckey to be able to get 5 sets all of which I am keeping as of now but who knows what tommrow will bring. I need to ask this.. What price range do you think these sets will settle out to be in the long term? I know people are going crazy about them not but what about a few years from now??? Any thoughts!!!

PS Can someone plese tell me how to upload my own profile picture. I dont want to use any of the ones on the list since they are not mine!
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the extra weight is protective packaging.

things to remember about shipping from the mint

A. they sometimes ship and do not enter the tracking number for a day or two. Surprise!
    B. sometimes they enter a tracking number and do not ship for a day or two. image

It happens often enough that I'll bet #B happens to more than a couple of people, and #A may happen to 1 or 2 here.

Also, they are approximate FIFO. if we really start checking numbers I'll bet someone here will have an earlier order that didn't ship over someone whose did ship. But, they have been getting it close.

If it is a couple of days and your early order did not ship while later orders have, I'd call during 9-4 and start asking why and to speak to a supervisor. However, that's a couple of days.... they are known to only get close to FIFO, not exactly FIFO.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Its amazing all the intrest in these sets. I was luckey to be able to get 5 sets all of which I am keeping as of now but who knows what tommrow will bring. I need to ask this.. What price range do you think these sets will settle out to be in the long term? I know people are going crazy about them not but what about a few years from now??? Any thoughts!!!

PS Can someone plese tell me how to upload my own profile picture. I dont want to use any of the ones on the list since they are not mine! >>

Any guess on the prices is just that...a guess. Sometimes optimistic. Sometimes self-serving hype.
    In 2006, with the 20th annv sets, I don't think anyone had a clue to what they would peak at, nor what they would sell for now (was $300 or below very recently (still nicely above the issue price of $100, but then, silver has gone up a lot since then) and is around $400ish now).

For your icon, it is only on once per month, usually the 15th, when PCGS opens it up. Until then, one of the ones in the list, or nothing, needs to be used.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Its amazing all the intrest in these sets. I was luckey to be able to get 5 sets all of which I am keeping as of now but who knows what tommrow will bring. I need to ask this.. What price range do you think these sets will settle out to be in the long term? I know people are going crazy about them not but what about a few years from now??? Any thoughts!!!

PS Can someone plese tell me how to upload my own profile picture. I dont want to use any of the ones on the list since they are not mine! >>

Welcome to the boards,
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Thanks for the info on the icon....

I know what you mean about the 20th aniv. sets and you are right silver has gone up a bit! If I recall right silver was at 12-14 an ounce back then so the mint made a nice markup. What would happin to these sets if silver went to that price tommrow with these sets!!!! Makes one wonder.
    if silver dropped to $5 they'd still be hot.

the issue is the mintage and the mistake of allowing 5 per HouseHold.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>erickso1

Try changing it prior to the first attempt w/o the infonotice number (just using the tracking number) >>

I will be doing that this time and will let you know. As mentioned though the UPS missed delivery notice usually shows up prior to my US Mint tracking number. image

edited to add: But even if I can't it doesn't matter as I will have to have the address changed to my work. No one will be at home to sign unless it comes on a Saturday. >>

It will be interesting if it work prior to the first delivery attempt. Let us know. image

As for me, I will just drive 4 blocks the pick them up at the Distribution Center. >>

Quick update on this. W/ tracking number in UPS's system I went in to change my delivery address. Here is the pop up.

Note: Prior to the first delivery attempt, contact the sender to request a change in delivery instructions or to correct your delivery address.

Which means that they will attempt to deliver once, then I can change which is just fine w/ me. >>

Another quick update. I went back to the tracking number this evening (I signed up for MY UPS yesterday) and I was able to change the delivery address to my place of business. Cost $5 to reroute it. No delivery notification needed, just the tracking number.
  • According to my tracking number, the weight of the package is 15.1 lbs. That calcs to approx 3 lbs per set. Not exact science, but food for thought.
    Green neophyte
  • mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>According to my tracking number, the weight of the package is 15.1 lbs. That calcs to approx 3 lbs per set. Not exact science, but food for thought. >>

I hope they come in a box that can be fit inside of a flat rate box.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I tried my tracking numbers for my 12:06 order (first to be shipped). UPS states:

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

Like I asked before, any 12:00:01 but before 12:01 orders out there?

On a side note. The shipping weight for two sets is 6.60 lbs. >>

• I will take a photo and give the dimensions as soon as I receive it tomorrow.
    Green neophyte
  • MrBlusterMrBluster Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

One set weighs 4.2 lb >>

So then 5 sets would be 21 pounds? I doubt it... >>

So far UPS has scanned in 3 of my 5 single sets. Weights: 4.2, 4.3, 4.8 lbs. You think they threw in a UHR?image >>

Tracking at UPS said the weight of my package "5 sets" was 15.40 lbs.

• PCGS posted the following information today regarding grading of the 25th Anniversary set. All 5 coins will be eligible for First Strike. The cutoff date is Nov. 27th.

PCGS info
    He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. ~ Douglas Adams

<< <i>PCGS posted the following information today regarding grading of the 25th Anniversary set. All 5 coins will be eligible for First Strike. The cutoff date is Nov. 27th.

PCGS info >>

I see they corrected the (W) dilemma.

<< <i>

<< <i>PCGS posted the following information today regarding grading of the 25th Anniversary set. All 5 coins will be eligible for First Strike. The cutoff date is Nov. 27th.

PCGS info >>

I see they corrected the (W) dilemma. >>

and are now giving the no m/m bullion the (S).

Still have discrepancies/missing coins in the coin number lookup page. Rev Proof number is different there also.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• << <i>Would like to say Hi to everyone. I am new to the site but have been active in the coin hobbie for 20 years or so. I found this forum while looking up information about haveing my 25th Aniv. sets graded... I look forward to chatting with you all and hearing some ammazing stories >>

Velcome
  • anyone with an order placed after 4pm est have their order status change to in stock
  • i wonder if the (S) will appear on the label.

509185 2011-(S) Silver Eagle 25th Anniversary Set MS
    509408 2011-(S) Silver Eagle 25th Anniversary Set-First Strike MS
    509299 2011-S Silver Eagle 25th Anniversary Set MS
    509189 2011-S Silver Eagle 25th Anniversary Set-First Strike MS
    509190 2011-W Silver Eagle 25th Anniversary Set MS
    509409 2011-W Silver Eagle 25th Anniversary Set-First Strike MS
    509191 2011-W Silver Eagle 25th Anniversary Set PR
    509410 2011-W Silver Eagle 25th Anniversary Set-First Strike PR
    509192 2011-P Silver Eagle 25th Anniversary Set-Reverse Proof Reverse PR
    509194 2011-P Silver Eagle 25th Anniversary Set- Proof Reverse First Strike PR
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>anyone with an order placed after 4pm est have their order status change to in stock >>

seems the after 4 crowd are backed into ship next week
  • Another alleged actual received shipment on sale on Ebay. How does this box look? It is pretty large.

Link
    Green neophyte
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Another alleged actual received shipment on sale on Ebay. How does this box look? It is pretty large.

Link >>

it does say UPS Next Day Air on the package!

-Paul
  • OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

PCGS info >>

Why the 27th for a cutoff?
  • bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    Mine still hasnt been shipped image ordered at 12:40 EST
    Edit to add: hope it ships out tommorow

<< <i>

PCGS info >>

Why the 27th for a cutoff? >>

"30 day period following the initial sales date."

When did they go on sale?

• philographerphilographer Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browsing through the recent completed eBay listings, one seller wrote that eBay asked him to open the sealed box and post a picture of the actual set. He said he wouldn't...probably an old box anyway. But do you think eBay is going to prohibit sales in sealed boxes?

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

PCGS info >>

When did they go on sale? >>

My mistake. I thought it was 30 days after the first ones shipped like it has been with everything else. Except for the 5 oz bullion which are eligible forever.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

PCGS info >>

When did they go on sale? >>

My mistake. I thought it was 30 days after the first ones shipped like it has been with everything else. Except for the 5 oz bullion which are eligible forever. >>

on sale date would have prevented all the medal of honor, army and 9/11 issues from FS.

<< <i>Browsing through the recent completed eBay listings, one seller wrote that eBay asked him to open the sealed box and post a picture of the actual set. He said he wouldn't...probably an old box anyway. But do you think eBay is going to prohibit sales in sealed boxes? >>

who knows.

if eBay prevents closed box sales, that's going to hose a lot of people's plans.

<< <i>Browsing through the recent completed eBay listings, one seller wrote that eBay asked him to open the sealed box and post a picture of the actual set. He said he wouldn't...probably an old box anyway. But do you think eBay is going to prohibit sales in sealed boxes? >>

No, they have already stated in messages to those that got cancelled there are two special requirements for selling this set sealed:
    1. Seller must have possession, no presales
    2. Have to show a picture of the sealed box and include your ebay user name in the picture.

<< <i>

<< <i>Another alleged actual received shipment on sale on Ebay. How does this box look? It is pretty large.

Link >>

it does say UPS Next Day Air on the package!

-Paul >>

Isn't it ironic, that all the pre sellers who claim to have the box in hand, have their scans out of focus to a point where you can't make out the shipping label details.

• << <i>Mine still hasnt been shipped image ordered at 12:40 EST
    Edit to add: hope it ships out tommorow >>

Order Date: 10/27/2011 at 12:37 EST

cancel box gone, not shipped yet.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file