Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
  • Cancelled by ebay
  • DCWDCW Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My other order placed at 9:22, order# 38328xxx, still listed as "In stock and reserved". I am hoping it will ship today. image >>

9:22 ???
    This is the latest order I've seen "in stock and reserved." Is this a typo?

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• That's probably west coast time.

12:22 eastern.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    I would definitely guess if your order doesn't say "in stock and reserved" by now, you are on the wait list.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mine just shipped also.

Order Status: Your order request has been shipped.

Tracking Number:
    1ZE1988X24xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

25TH ANNIVERSARY AE 5 COIN SILVER SET 5 $299.95 $1,499.75 5 units shipped on 11/08/2011

My order was taken at 12:03 PM PST (9:03AM EST)

Order#: 38324xxx >>

I'd edit that tracking number
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • << My other order placed at 9:22, order# 38328xxx, still listed as "In stock and reserved". I am hoping it will ship today. >>

It was 9:22am PST (12:22pm EST). Sorry for the confusion.

John
    Green neophyte
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    Is there anything that can be done about an order canceled for apparently no reason? Mine are fine, but my friend's was canceled for no reason, it seems. image

-Paul

Edited to add: His card had already been charged too!
  • commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    My order was cancelled...no idea why.
    The charge showed up on my account and everything.
    The lady I called at the mint was absolutely clueless.
    I'm so upset right now
    and she was a complete b**** when I simply asked why.
    I had thousands over what the $1,500 in my account, just checked again....
    Didn't try to "trick" the mint in any way.
    Why would they do this?
    This doesn't make any sense.
  • If somebody else has one the followings in the Mint account they will cancel the second order:
    Biil to adress
    Ship to adress
    Any phone number
    e-mail adress
  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>and she was a complete b**** when I simply asked why.
    I had thousands over what the $1,500 in my account, just checked again....
    Didn't try to "trick" the mint in any way.
    Why would they do this?
    This doesn't make any sense. >>

I recall you phoned the mint after you ordered to get back your expedited shipping fee. If you did contact them after ordering, hard lesson to learn: don't contact Mint after ordering, on a quick sellout.
    I am fuming right now...
    I spent hours and hours to get this on sell day...for nothing. Waited through all their damn status updates, had my cc charged....
    And not even an explanation from them why it is cancelled...still out the $1,500 on my debit card on top of it.

• << <i>I am fuming right now...
    I spent hours and hours to get this on sell day...for nothing. Waited through all their damn status updates, had my cc charged....
    And not even an explanation from them why it is cancelled...still out the $1,500 on my debit card on top of it. >>

Comma,

I see your BST post says you have 15 sets for sales. Is it the reason why the Mint cancel your duplicate order?
    Did the Mint cancelled all your orders?
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • MrBlusterMrBluster Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

Order number:38326xxx

Order Date:10/27/2011 at 12:10 AM

Order Status: Your order request has been shipped.

25TH ANNIVERSARY AE 5 COIN SILVER SET 5 $299.95 $1,499.75 5 units shipped on 11/08/2011

• joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭

<< <i>I am fuming right now...
    And not even an explanation from them why it is cancelled...still out the $1,500 on my debit card on top of it. >>

Maybe they looked at everyone who was pre-selling on eBay and cancelled their orders. I think I remember you writing that you had some listed for sale on eBay before they even went on sale at the mint. Quite an aggressive approach, did any of them sell?
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector

<< <i>

Comma,

I see your BST post says you have 15 sets for sales. Is it the reason why the Mint cancel your duplicate order?
    Did the Mint cancelled all your orders? >>

In my bst I stated that most of those are not mine.
    I have them up for a family member and a friend who want to sell them. Theirs did not get cancelled.
    I only ordered one order for myself, on my one card with one billing address, and one shipping address.

<< <i>

Maybe they looked at everyone who was pre-selling on eBay and cancelled their orders. I think I remember you writing that you had some listed for sale on eBay before they even went on sale at the mint. Quite an aggressive approach, did any of them sell? >>

I had a presale up maybe 3 weeks ago. Wasn't even up for a day. No I did not sell any.
  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Maybe they looked at everyone who was pre-selling on eBay and cancelled their orders. I think I remember you writing that you had some listed for sale on eBay before they even went on sale at the mint. Quite an aggressive approach, did any of them sell? >>

If any did presell, kiss your FB goodbye.

• << <i>

I have them up for a family member and a friend who want to sell them. Theirs did not get cancelled.
    I only ordered one order for myself, on my one card with one billing address, and one shipping address. >>

Did you order for them? I also ordered for my mother-in-law, but both of our orders are fine. Of course, I use different billing, shipping, and email address.
  • Okay my first order is shipped

my second order placed on 10/28 12:40am just changed status from hold to in process!!! does it means I am getting another set??
    MT
  • Calm down comma. Getting upset will only make it worse. Your order may re-appear at any minute.

Me? I'm at work where I wasn't able to order by phone (after 50+ calls). Ordered at home and was waitlisted. image

<< <i>

<< <i>

I only ordered one order for myself, on my one card with one billing address, and one shipping address. >>

Did you order for them? I also ordered for my mother-in-law, but both of our orders are fine. Of course, I use different billing, shipping, and email address. >>

No, I didn't. Only ordered mine.
    They are not members here and just wanted me to try and sell theirs.
    uuugh
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Sorry for your loss. Was your billing address the same as your shipping address?

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re shipping addresses on two orders being the same as possibly being the reason an order is cancelled...that's not exactly true...

My apartment complex...of literally 15,000 units in NYC...share a main concierge delivery service address...and I know for a fact that for security reasons, multiple Mint customers can and do ship to that same address without any problems.

Once, several years ago, this was an issue with one of my orders, and when I called up to explain the situation, they made a note in their system and there hasn't been any problem since.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Calm down comma. Getting upset will only make it worse. Your order may re-appear at any minute.

Me? I'm at work where I wasn't able to order by phone (after 50+ calls). Ordered at home and was waitlisted. image >>

Exactly give it a couple hours.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey...let's not let this potential major piece of info from MAT1 slip by unnoticed...

<<my second order placed on 10/28 12:40am just changed status from hold to in process!!! does it means I am getting another set?? >>

To my knowledge, this would be the first order from EARLY FRIDAY to be moving forward!
  • Can I remove or scratch out the mailing address on the mint sealed box? Would this disqualify it as
    a sealed box? A friend who ordered a set doesn't want his name/address on the package. He doesn't
    know about invoice inside.

<< <i>

<< <i>Calm down comma. Getting upset will only make it worse. Your order may re-appear at any minute.

Me? I'm at work where I wasn't able to order by phone (after 50+ calls). Ordered at home and was waitlisted. image >>

Exactly give it a couple hours. >>

I doubt it would go from "cancelled" to shipped...I also got an email saying it was cancelled. (with no explanation either)

Oh well...I guess I'll make somebody on the waitlist happy, and that's something I guess image
  • keezkeez Posts: 842
    My 2nd order was placed 10/28 at 1:52am Eastern shows now in process.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can I remove or scratch out the mailing address on the mint sealed box? Would this disqualify it as
    a sealed box? A friend who ordered a set doesn't want his name/address on the package. He doesn't
    know about invoice inside. >>

you can cover name and address. You don't want to remove any shipping date or order number that appear on the label. Name and address of buyer will appear on the mint purchase receipt inside but there is no credit card info on it. Grading company will use receipt to establish ship date if necessary at time of grading. Buyer will need to see outside ship date if sold sealed to him after PCGS's 30 day window for FS closes. It's his proof that box remains eligible for first strike.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Mint doesn't take all debit cards. For sure PIN only debit cards they won't take. Visa/Master Card debit cards that double as check cards are fine. I that this isn't the case and just some other mix up and you get this sorted out. MJ

From the Mint's FAQ page

The United States Mint Online Catalog accepts credit cards and United States Mint-issued E-Gift Certificates only. Please visit the United States Mint's Privacy Policy. We accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. The United States Mint cannot process debit cards that require a personal identification number (PIN). However, we can accept debit cards issued as check cards with a VISA or MasterCard logo. If you prefer to use an alternative payment method, you may contact our Customer Service Center at one of the numbers listed below or submit your order by mail using an accepted credit card, check or money order. The United States Mint does not rent or sell personal information.
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • 92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    my order placed sometime between 4:36 and 4:42 is still in process, backorder.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    My 12:13 has shipped, 4:50 still on Back order...image
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My 12:13 has shipped, 4:50 still on Back order...image >>

It looks like their first in first out policy is being adhered to. I'm still in the on deck circle. 12:31...........MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

It looks like their first in first out policy is being adhered to. I'm still in the on deck circle. 12:31...........MJ >>

Likewise with a 12:27..... I suspect our turn will come tomorrow.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

<< <i>my order placed sometime between 4:36 and 4:42 is still in process, backorder. >>

OK, Thanks . . . I feel just a lil better now . . . So is mine.

Was considering calling to see if there is a problem, but may wait a bit now.

HH

Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!

• << <i>

It looks like their first in first out policy is being adhered to. I'm still in the on deck circle. 12:31...........MJ >>

My 12:11 order is still "In stock and reserved" as are my 4 other later orders.
    He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. ~ Douglas Adams
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Well, my 12:10 order has now shipped. The 12:11 is still in stock & reserved.

Four set on their way, one to go!

<< <i>

The Mint doesn't take all debit cards. For sure PIN only debit cards they won't take. Visa/Master Card debit cards that double as check cards are fine. I that this isn't the case and just some other mix up and you get this sorted out. MJ

From the Mint's FAQ page

The United States Mint Online Catalog accepts credit cards and United States Mint-issued E-Gift Certificates only. Please visit the United States Mint's Privacy Policy. We accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. The United States Mint cannot process debit cards that require a personal identification number (PIN). However, we can accept debit cards issued as check cards with a VISA or MasterCard logo. If you prefer to use an alternative payment method, you may contact our Customer Service Center at one of the numbers listed below or submit your order by mail using an accepted credit card, check or money order. The United States Mint does not rent or sell personal information. >>

It was a visa card that doubles as a check card. Not PIN only. And there is no talking to the mint. I've called twice, they give me no information and just say the order is cancelled. Completely rude as well.
    My 12:32 order is still in process IS&R as well, maybe tomorrow...image

Checked the tracking info, says weight: 15.5 pounds? I didn't realize these were gonna be so heavy...image
  • erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>erickso1

Try changing it prior to the first attempt w/o the infonotice number (just using the tracking number) >>

I will be doing that this time and will let you know. As mentioned though the UPS missed delivery notice usually shows up prior to my US Mint tracking number. image

edited to add: But even if I can't it doesn't matter as I will have to have the address changed to my work. No one will be at home to sign unless it comes on a Saturday. >>

It will be interesting if it work prior to the first delivery attempt. Let us know. image

As for me, I will just drive 4 blocks the pick them up at the Distribution Center. >>

Quick update on this. W/ tracking number in UPS's system I went in to change my delivery address. Here is the pop up.

Note: Prior to the first delivery attempt, contact the sender to request a change in delivery instructions or to correct your delivery address.

Which means that they will attempt to deliver once, then I can change which is just fine w/ me.
  • First confirmed actual possession of delivered box of 5 sets just appeared on Ebay. Selling for a meager $5,250 or make a reasonable offer. Not mine.

Link
    Green neophyte
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Comma,

Did the Mint cancelled all your orders? >>

Edit, They must have caught something, maybe they read your bst?
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,

<< <i>First confirmed actual possession of delivered box of 5 sets just appeared on Ebay. Selling for a meager $5,250 or make a reasonable offer. Not mine.

Link >>

Apparently it belongs to Chad, he left his full name visible on the label...image

• << <i>First confirmed actual possession of delivered box of 5 sets just appeared on Ebay. Selling for a meager $5,250 or make a reasonable offer. Not mine.

Link >>

That could be any box. He did not show the ship date.

• << <i>

<< <i>First confirmed actual possession of delivered box of 5 sets just appeared on Ebay. Selling for a meager $5,250 or make a reasonable offer. Not mine.

Link >>

Apparently it belongs to Chad, he left his full name visible on the label...image >>

Not sure I believe it. I can't see who the box is from...
    He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. ~ Douglas Adams
  • We'll have to see if this passes the scrunity of Ebay police. I don't think a seller with that many feedbacks would take such a risk, but you never can be 100% sure. Maybe someone who knows the seller can get the real scoop and verify that is it is an UPS-tracked package that was delivered today.
    Green neophyte
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Link >>

Apparently it belongs to Chad, he left his full name visible on the label...image >>

It will be one to watch. Our first test case. Ebay has no reason to pull it. Unfortunately for Chad he will be setting the temporary bottom.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    So I called the mint and was on the phone with them for 45 minutes over my friend's cancelled order (He's in class, so he texted me all his info). Long story short, after talking to the absolute highest supervisor there, he's screwed. They won't reinstate a canceled order for ANY reason. image

-Paul

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file