Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• << <i>

<< <i>This could be a key indicator Auction $5999.99 >>

Watch out for this one!!! The seller name has been photoshopped over the legitimate sellers name. It is the exact same picture as this auction:
    Auction

KP image >>

Unbelievable! Another auction using same photo!

Bogus II

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>The bones are starting to float to the surface >>

Hey those B my bones...Trying to mix it up a bit, had the day off with nothing better to do...image >>

You cherry picked yourself Nice Job will be interesting different ways to play this game Enjoy image >>

That's actually a great way to get some play out of the returned boxes....three regular PF/MS/Bullion coins put in the box and sold that way....

• My orders are 12:16 "AM" and 12:30 "AM" and 12:31 "AM" and are all in stock and reserved. No shipping goodness for me. At this rate, I won't be seeing my sets until at least, Monday.
  • Thats odd because alot of orders timed 12:39 and lower have been shipped, mine was 12:39 AM and shipped my 1:49 has not yet.
    25th silver eagle set
  • jeremym; Your order date is the 28th then? With a.m. orders??
  • Well FWIW my orders from 12:24, 12:38, 12:50 and 12:52shipped today. My orders from 1:00 PM and 1:02 have not

• << <i>jeremym; Your order date is the 28th then? With a.m. orders?? >>

10/27/11. I was in and out with 5 separate orders by 12:40pm on go-live day.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lots of mint newbs here.

I have no idea why, but orders on the "hot day" are "AM" and not "PM" even though "PM" is correct.

just the way it is.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • GManGMan Posts: 790 ✭✭
    My tracking # from yesterday is finally working. Order was placed at 12:13. Funny thing is these are shipping from Plainfield, IN which is about 60 miles from here, yet they sent it Next Day Air. Seems like a waste of money as I doubt it will even be put on an airplane. My other orders have not shipped yet, my next one was placed at 1:03pm.
    GMan
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>lots of mint newbs here. >>

They're coming from everywhere... image
  • pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

They're coming from everywhere... image >>

Some of us "newbs" are new to posting but long time lurkers and collecting veterans. Personally, I am a decorated vet of the "Great ATB War of 2010".

Tim
  • commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My tracking # from yesterday is finally working. Order was placed at 12:13. Funny thing is these are shipping from Plainfield, IN which is about 60 miles from here, yet they sent it Next Day Air. Seems like a waste of money as I doubt it will even be put on an airplane. My other orders have not shipped yet, my next one was placed at 1:03pm. >>

Your order was shipped yesterday overnight and you didnt get the coins today?

• mashmash Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    ordered at 4:40 still in process., but haven't gotten any email from the mint regarding being on the waitlist..am i getting these?
    Buying uncut sheets and 1914 stars! message me
  • GManGMan Posts: 790 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My tracking # from yesterday is finally working. Order was placed at 12:13. Funny thing is these are shipping from Plainfield, IN which is about 60 miles from here, yet they sent it Next Day Air. Seems like a waste of money as I doubt it will even be put on an airplane. My other orders have not shipped yet, my next one was placed at 1:03pm. >>

Your order was shipped yesterday overnight and you didnt get the coins today? >>

Well the tracking #was sent to me but it never showed in the UPS system until about an hour ago. The order was placed at 12:13 so I figured it was just late enough to get a label printed but not early enough to actually make the UPS pickup. I'm sure it will be here tomorrow. Curious to see if they send it on a plane ride around the country before trucking it 60 miles to here from Plainfield. My 1:05 order has not yet shipped.
    GMan

<< <i>

<< <i>

Some of us "newbs" are new to posting but long time lurkers and collecting veterans. Personally, I am a decorated vet of the "Great ATB War of 2010".

Tim >>

image Tim.
    No doubt... alot of lurkers are here. Hundreds I'm sure. Each, hopefully, doing well and having fun with it all. Now, if we could just get them to speak every now and then. image
  • pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Tim >>

image Tim.
    No doubt... alot of lurkers are here. Hundreds I'm sure. Each, hopefully, doing well and having fun with it all. Now, if we could just get them to speak every now and then. image >>

Thanks smokincoin. I find if I show some patience, my questions all get asked and answered eventually!

Tim
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody willing to open their box and post a photo? I thought there would be smoe pics by now. image
  • Just called. The CC was declined. I have more than enough credit available, CC number was correct, expiration date was correct. Mint has no clue what the deal is. BOA has no idea what the deal is. I called AmEx and told them there would be some charges and to let them go through. Called the Mint and had them update the CC info.

The good news is, the US Mint doesn't celebrate Veteran's Day (???) and they will be shipping out Friday.

• << <i>Nobody willing to open their box and post a photo? I thought there would be smoe pics by now. image >>

There were some very nice pics in another ASE25 thread buried somewhere. Wish the order #, shipping status posts would stop - clutters everything up

<< <i>Just called. The CC was declined. I have more than enough credit available, CC number was correct, expiration date was correct. Mint has no clue what the deal is. BOA has no idea what the deal is. I called AmEx and told them there would be some charges and to let them go through. Called the Mint and had them update the CC info.

The good news is, the US Mint doesn't celebrate Veteran's Day (???) and they will be shipping out Friday. >>

I had the same issue. Mint said there was nothing I could do. They let you put your new information in and they are going to honor your order?

<< <i>Nobody willing to open their box and post a photo? I thought there would be smoe pics by now. image >>

Some good one's on page 156 of this thread. image
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just called. The CC was declined. I have more than enough credit available, CC number was correct, expiration date was correct. Mint has no clue what the deal is. BOA has no idea what the deal is. I called AmEx and told them there would be some charges and to let them go through. Called the Mint and had them update the CC info.

The good news is, the US Mint doesn't celebrate Veteran's Day (???) and they will be shipping out Friday. >>

Good for you, if that works out image
    If it does, you must have talked to them reasonably on the phone and not come down on them like a ton of bricks image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

<< <i>Pictures from this morning's delivery:

image >>

Here Ren. image

• << <i>

<< <i>Nobody willing to open their box and post a photo? I thought there would be smoe pics by now. image >>

Some good one's on page 156 of this thread. image >>

Interesting.... since I am reading your post on page 64
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look on page 125 pictures and a video of opening.

• Can someone post dimensions of the individual set box?

Thanks in advance!

• << <i>

image >>

This thread only has 64 pages.
  • Had to do a little edit on the "Opening the UPS Box" video from this morning - here's the new link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaUblfxMN8I
    best regards,
    Ed Davidson
  • bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

This thread only has 64 pages. >>

It is different for everyone mine has 159 pages

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

This thread only has 64 pages. >>

Mine's set at 20 posts per page.
  • Mine is set at 50 post per page. I'd set it to 100, but then I'd have too few pages image
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Had to do a little edit on the "Opening the UPS Box" video from this morning - here's the new link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaUblfxMN8I >>

"and the coins are scattered all over the place." image

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Is anyone going to ask for all of the OGP to be sent back with their graded coins?
  • of course, just that can be $40-50
    I'll want mine back.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • I just spend three solid hours making a box for my five sealed sets and glueing on the lovely brown paper tape. Boy, I wish I could do that for a living, NOT!! I just came back from the post offce and watch the guy stamp the whole box 50 plus times to hit all the seals. I live in Orange County so it cost me a little over $32. Now, I can finally relax. I am exhausted. I appreciate all of your help with this. You guys rock!!
    Green neophyte

<< <i>I just spend three solid hours making a box for my five sealed sets and glueing on the lovely brown paper tape. Boy, I wish I could do that for a living, NOT!! I just came back from the post offce and watch the guy stamp the whole box 50 plus times to hit all the seals. I live in Orange County so it cost me a little over $32. Now, I can finally relax. I am exhausted. I appreciate all of your help with this. You guys rock!! >>

Maybe I missed something...but what were you making a box for? and out of what?
  • Gorgeous photos!!! Thanks for posting. What a set of coins, they really are special. This could easily be a collector's only Silver set. For my part, it is a keeper.

<< <i>Gorgeous photos!!! Thanks for posting. What a set of coins, they really are special. This could easily be a collector's only Silver set. For my part, it is a keeper. >>

what do you mean by collector's only set?

• << <i>

<< <i>I just spend three solid hours making a box for my five sealed sets and glueing on the lovely brown paper tape. Boy, I wish I could do that for a living, NOT!! I just came back from the post offce and watch the guy stamp the whole box 50 plus times to hit all the seals. I live in Orange County so it cost me a little over $32. Now, I can finally relax. I am exhausted. I appreciate all of your help with this. You guys rock!! >>

Maybe I missed something...but what were you making a box for? and out of what? >>

Well, I didn't want to tape up the original box so I took a slightly larger box, but the box wasn't tall enough, so I found another box about the same size and use that as a top. I tape the go parts together with the Mint box inside. I guess I could have tape up the Mint box, but it was a little flimsy, so I did what I did. I guess I'm being extra cautious.
    Green neophyte
  • Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derry that was cool on You tube..thanks Now I do not have to open my 5 sets!
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lordy...Lordy...one of mine FINALLY shipped!

Order placed a few minutes before 1:00 PM!
  • AmEx charged. My orders should be shipping within the next couple of days. Hopefully the 'Bay isn't super flooded. I may have to wait until after 30 days are up to sell my sealed sets.

• << <i>

<< <i>Gorgeous photos!!! Thanks for posting. What a set of coins, they really are special. This could easily be a collector's only Silver set. For my part, it is a keeper. >>

what do you mean by collector's only set? >>

Firstly, I am as green as they come on here, and it is clear you have considerable experience to say the least. There is no pretense on my part.

I only meant that if a collector was primarily gold oriented, then this very beautiful set might satisfy a desire for the silver eagles without their trying to collect the whole series.
    I'm just slightly less new than you.

it was just odd phrasing.

if one doesn't collect them, then .... ???

And that is an interesting point, one could call this a ASE type set in a box: Proof, Rev. Proof, Unc., Bullion, all bundled together. Although the RP from the 20th set might be cheaper to obtain, as well as the other coins individually.

but, yeah, if you're going to buy a set, may as well have a semi-key one.

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Had to do a little edit on the "Opening the UPS Box" video from this morning - here's the new link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaUblfxMN8I >>

"and the coins are scattered all over the place." image >>

Ring it up .. 1000.00 for the set . to come
  • ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Why did you feel like you needed a gun on the desk beside you? I also didn't see a coa in the set that you opened. What's up with that?
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-

• << <i>

<< <i>

Why did you feel like you needed a gun on the desk beside you? >>

Quoted for truth. That's like the guy who had all the wheat pennies that "accidentally" had his Ferrari in the photos as well. A bit much...
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>prices are high because people are panic bidding on the few to be listed

once the flood hits, and the BIN people list under the closed auction prices, the closing prices will come down and down. >>

Anyone else having puck deja vu?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3200.... Brother reboxed my box of three heading off to our host final cost 509.90 and 41 to ship it to them. Rolling the dice on these and with so many different ways to go should be a fun next 3 to 4 weeks and after the graded ones slip out. Good luck to all selling on the bay. Enjoy image I hope there ready at the front door next week image Never did send in any of the pucks but did sell a few unopened boxes, what a great year its been...........
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file