Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• Pretty sure that in the background the mint is using 2 weeks to estimate its expected ship dates. Ultimate procrastinators tool, deadline is always 2 weeks away!

• << <i>Pretty sure that in the background the mint is using 2 weeks to estimate its expected ship dates. Ultimate procrastinators tool, deadline is always 2 weeks away! >>

...and I bet they all will be shipped before two weeks pass after the original sale (10/27 so that would be 11/10)
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>That's a good point. However, those that ordered seperately at 299.95 each were under the impression from the mint's website that they had to pay the higher fee to get expedited shipping. Some that have posted here have stated that the mint is honoring the free expedited shipping with single set purchases. if true, hopefully they won't charge the additional fee when they hit the buyer's credit card and if they do, hopefully they will refund it upon a phone call. >>

According to the Mint, I am getting "complementary expedited shipping" on my single set. >>

Did you get an email or call? >>

When I go to "My Account - My order History" and look up the order, it says:

"Shipping Method:

Note: Even if standard shipping is selected, your order will be sent expedited if it qualifies for a complimentary upgrade.'
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My second order, 38349xxx, just went to "In Process". Still have three 3835xxxx orders on hold...
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>38338xxx "in process." >>

Pink and any other peeps who are now in process, have the charges hit your bank yet?

I might have written a check my ass cannot cover until I get paid this Friday.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭
    I havent seen any charges on my orders yet. most are in process, probably next day or two,

will be very happy once I see the charges, then I feel safe.

• << <i>

<< <i>38338xxx "in process." >>

Pink and any other peeps who are now in process, have the charges hit your bank yet?

I might have written a check my ass cannot cover until I get paid this Friday. >>

Nope, just checked....I doubt if it will hit before Friday.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

• 38384XXX ordered at 5:34 eastern

Now in Process, shipping 11/15/11image

Regards, Larry
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cancel box will disappear when CC are charged. Right for the in-process orders they are pinging the card for temporary authorization and to ensure card is valid. They will hit it again when they are ready to make the actual charge. Your CC may or may not show temporary authorization when viewed on line, depends on the CC.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• commacomma Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>That's a good point. However, those that ordered seperately at 299.95 each were under the impression from the mint's website that they had to pay the higher fee to get expedited shipping. Some that have posted here have stated that the mint is honoring the free expedited shipping with single set purchases. if true, hopefully they won't charge the additional fee when they hit the buyer's credit card and if they do, hopefully they will refund it upon a phone call. >>

According to the Mint, I am getting "complementary expedited shipping" on my single set. >>

Did you get an email or call? >>

When I go to "My Account - My order History" and look up the order, it says:

"Shipping Method:

Note: Even if standard shipping is selected, your order will be sent expedited if it qualifies for a complimentary upgrade.' >>

If it's a single box/order it doesn't go over $300 and meet the qualifications
  • Derryb, when you say they are pinging the cards for temporary authorization are they loooking to authorize the card for the full $1505 or are they pinging it for a few cents to see that it is valid?

<< <i>cancel box will disappear when CC are charged. Right for the in-process orders they are pinging the card for temporary authorization and to ensure card is valid. They will hit it again when they are ready to make the actual charge. Your CC may or may not show temporary authorization when viewed on line, depends on the CC. >>

• ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    Alll my orders (4 separate) have been moved to 11/16 mailing... this has been changing almost daily, adding a day each time... orders all still on "hold"
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent

• << <i>Alll my orders (4 separate) have been moved to 11/16 mailing... this has been changing almost daily, adding a day each time... orders all still on "hold" >>

what were your approx. order times?

• << <i>cancel box will disappear when CC are charged. Right for the in-process orders they are pinging the card for temporary authorization and to ensure card is valid. They will hit it again when they are ready to make the actual charge. Your CC may or may not show temporary authorization when viewed on line, depends on the CC. >>

I've never heard of this. Either the card is going to work or not when they charge the order - whats the point of a precheck, thats redundant
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>cancel box will disappear when CC are charged. Right for the in-process orders they are pinging the card for temporary authorization and to ensure card is valid. They will hit it again when they are ready to make the actual charge. Your CC may or may not show temporary authorization when viewed on line, depends on the CC. >>

I've never heard of this. Either the card is going to work or not when they charge the order - whats the point of a precheck, thats redundant >>

It happens to my card every time I order from the mint. A minor charge first, then the full amount.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I've never heard of this. Either the card is going to work or not when they charge the order - whats the point of a precheck, thats redundant >>

Now you can say you heard it here first.

"The advantage to the merchant of using this system of credit card pre-authorization screening is that they can avoid processing fraudulent payments and thereby avoid losing the processing fees of that sale and a chargeback fee should any chargeback arise from the fraudulent order. Furthermore, there's a limit to the number of chargebacks a merchant can receive in any given month, usually expressed as a percentage of total sales. By avoiding as many chargebacks as possible, the merchant ensures the safety of their merchant account."

Processing Credit Cards Pre-Authorization Explained!

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

My ordering history is back. Still in process. I'm not touching my mint account again. I'll get them when I get them.
    I don't understand how my entire order history can just disappear like that, then reappear later. Where did it "go"?
    No wonder orders disappear if they're zooming around somewhere at night. image

<< .... Note: Even if standard shipping is selected, your order will be sent expedited if it qualifies for a complimentary upgrade.' >>

<< If it's a single box/order it doesn't go over $300 and meet the qualifications>>

The pucks were $279 and they got the free upgrade. I expect these will as well.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>My ordering history is back. Still in process. I'm not touching my mint account again. I'll get them when I get them.
    I don't understand how my entire order history can just disappear like that, then reappear later. Where did it "go"?

<< .... Note: Even if standard shipping is selected, your order will be sent expedited if it qualifies for a complimentary upgrade.' >>

<< If it's a single box/order it doesn't go over $300 and meet the qualifications>>

The pucks were $279 and they got the free upgrade. I expect these will as well. >>

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

It's been like that for years...restaurants, car rentals, internet sales & gas stations, do it all the time before approving your sale.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

<< <i>

<< <i>My ordering history is back. Still in process. I'm not touching my mint account again. I'll get them when I get them.

The pucks were $279 and they got the free upgrade. I expect these will as well. >>

image >>

According to my email I got charged the full expedited price on each...Would they change that when they charge the card? Doesn't seem likely (would be nice though image)

• << <i>My ordering history is back. Still in process. I'm not touching my mint account again. I'll get them when I get them.

The mint takes the severs down for backup, all orders go "away" while the server is being backed up, they do this usually late late a night. When the database comes out of backup mode they can then show your orders.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i> .........
    . >>

The mint takes the severs down for backup, all orders go "away" while the server is being backed up, they do this usually late late a night. When the database comes out of backup mode they can then show your orders. >>

If the order database is backed up then they should not "lose" any orders, right?

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    w00t... in process.

gotta love it.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • My apologies in advance if this has been discussed.

When the order status goes from "on hold" to "in process," is this indicative of anything?

I have two orders and one says on hold and the other is in process.
    I just want the stupid coins so I can move on with my life!!!!

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>According to my email I got charged the full expedited price on each...Would they change that when they charge the card? Doesn't seem likely (would be nice though image) >>

No they will not change it. You must have "expedited service" preselcted on your account page. Like derryb said, I wouldn't phone the mint right now, on these, even if someone were holding a gun to my head.image
  • We might be able to get these in time for Thanksgiving, so we can show off the sealed box to our relatives and friends!
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks

<< <i>My apologies in advance if this has been discussed.

When the order status goes from "on hold" to "in process," is this indicative of anything?

I have two orders and one says on hold and the other is in process. >>

yes.

the "hold" is a credit card check.

after that, the order is "in process" and thus meaning it is ready to allocate the stock.

next thing to look for is "in stock and reserved"

After that they will ship (unknown how many days this will all take)
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>We might be able to get these in time for Thanksgiving, so we can show off the sealed box to our relatives and friends! >>

I want them to ship them the tuesday before Balt Whitman, So I can take them to Baltimore to get them graed. It'd stink of they shipped during or after the show.

But your available credit balance may go down. Take your current balance plus pending charges less your credit limit and see if it equals the available credit.

<< <i>Now you can say you heard it here first. >>

• Huzzah, huzzah - my order status is now "in process"!image
  • GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Huzzah, huzzah - my order status is now "in process"!image >>

What was your order # (to the nearest thousand)?

Thanks!
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010

<< <i>According to my email I got charged the full expedited price on each...Would they change that when they charge the card? Doesn't seem likely (would be nice though >>

If I remeber right, you picked expedited shipping. I didn't and got it anyway.

• << <i>

<< <i>Huzzah, huzzah - my order status is now "in process"!image >>

What was your order # (to the nearest thousand)?

Thanks! >>

I'd rather not say.

<< <i>

<< <i>According to my email I got charged the full expedited price on each...Would they change that when they charge the card? Doesn't seem likely (would be nice though >>

If I remeber right, you picked expedited shipping. I didn't and got it anyway. >>

Well, I never checked it or selected it but ya, I got it for some reason.
    If you pay the $5 and then they upgrade it to free, why wouldn't they upgrade it to free if you pay $17? image
  • Slow day I guess, discussing the vagaries of CC charges and shipping. Yawn.
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<I want them to ship them the tuesday before Balt Whitman, So I can take them to Baltimore to get them graed. >>

You might want to check into PCGS acceptance policy on that...as NGC has stated that they ARE NOT ACCEPTING sealed boxes of these at shows.

<< <i>

<< <i>

If I remeber right, you picked expedited shipping. I didn't and got it anyway. >>

If you pay the $5 and then they upgrade it to free, why wouldn't they upgrade it to free if you pay $17? image >>

Ok, I will walk you through it.

Go to the Mint's site and log-in. Go to "My Account" then to "Edit my Account"

Second from the bottom is "My Shipping Methods." That is where you pick your default. What does it say? Mine is Standard Shipping $4.95. If your's is expedited Shipping, all your orders will go out as expediated shipping. This is how you set it up when you originally set-up your account. If it says Standard Shipping, then you changed it when you ordered the sets.

<< <i>Slow day I guess, discussing the vagaries of CC charges and shipping. Yawn. >>

Or people are trying to learn something. Gee, I thought that was what part of this forum was for. But, I guess that would be boring to someone who knows everything. It's ok to roll over and go back to sleep.
  • I don't recall what the dollar threshold is but after a certain amount the Mint will give you a complimentary upgrade to "Expedited Shipping".
    I have "Standard Shipping" as my default option but it appears that my 5 ASE sets are being sent Expedited.
    Since the Standard Shipping generally arrives 1 or 2 business days after shipping, I can't wait to see how fast the Expedited will go!
    I've had Standard shipments sent in the morning arrive the next morning, so Expedited should break the time-space continuum and arrive at my home BEFORE they send it! image

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

If you pay the $5 and then they upgrade it to free, why wouldn't they upgrade it to free if you pay $17? image >>

Ok, I will walk you through it.

Go to the Mint's site and log-in. Go to "My Account" then to "Edit my Account"

Second from the bottom is "My Shipping Methods." That is where you pick your default. What does it say? Mine is Standard Shipping $4.95. If your's is expedited Shipping, all your orders will go out as expediated shipping. This is how you set it up when you originally set-up your account. If it says Standard Shipping, then you changed it when you ordered the sets. >>

Ya, I got it. That wasn't what I was asking, but OK.
    I don't care about paying the extra for expedited.
    But if people are getting free expedited shipping, why would it matter if my default is set to expedited or not? It should all be free.
    That was the point I was making. No need for me to waste any more of people's time with this, sorry image
    I was just wondering

It is kind of like Amazon. I live a 100 miles from their warehouse. When I order over $25, they ship for free. However, if I want it shipped faster (5 to 7 days ETA), I can pay $10. I pick free because I get it within that time frame anyway. Do you think Amazon should refund my $10 had I picked that option and it arrived at the same time as the free shipping would have?
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't they process orders sequentially by Order Number? It doesn't appear that is the case. Can anyone shed some light on this?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • RGTRGT Posts: 508 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Here is what you posted on the day of the sale:

<< <i>I got a few single orders through, but my auto-settings were set for the expedited shipping (because I was told it was free), but in my confirmation email it is $17.95 per set! Did I screw myself? >>

It sounds like you selected it on purpose because you thought it was free.

What you misunderstood is that the upgrade to expedited is free. Orders that selected standard shipping don't get free expedited shipping. They still pay the $4.95 but get upgraded to expedited for the price of standard shipping.

Ya, I understand the basic concept.
    I was just curious (in the beginning) what others had experienced. In my settings, I had regular shipping checked. On sell day, I didn't change anything (obviously, I barely had enough time to click!) Which is why I was confused...I don't know. Doesn't matter.
    Thanks for the input!
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Derryb, when you say they are pinging the cards for temporary authorization are they loooking to authorize the card for the full $1505 or are they pinging it for a few cents to see that it is valid?

>>

I'm not Derryb, but The ping will show as $1.00

• << <i>Don't they process orders sequentially by Order Number? It doesn't appear that is the case. Can anyone shed some light on this? >>

Nah, doesn't seem so. My first order was on hold while my others went to processing for a solid half-day before the first order went to processing.

• << <i>Ya, I understand the basic concept.
    I was just curious (in the beginning) what others had experienced. In my settings, I had regular shipping checked. On sell day, I didn't change anything (obviously, I barely had enough time to click!) Which is why I was confused...I don't know. Doesn't matter.
    Thanks for the input! >>

• Edit to add: 22imageimage
    End Edit

Forget about FS, what I want to know is if Dansco will provide an updated page for these!

Just kidding, hope you appreciate the irony of losing the "set" designation on the 3 that are not unique to the set, and I don't think they make a Date/MM album for ASE's anyway.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file