25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    Both of my orders are now in process! image

One at 12:25, the other at 12:37.

-Paul
  • Order #38376xxx in process.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I had 5 separate phone orders completed in the first 12 minutes. The second to last order finally just went to-in process. A day after the others. >>

Five separate phone orders in the first minutes!!!! Man are you lucky!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just based on the percentage graded 70's relative to 69's from the 06 reverse proof I would expect about 20% will reach the 70 grade. If you are shooting for a 70 set I think on average you could expect 1 70 back for an "s" and 1 for a "reverse proof" if you were to send in 5 sets never opened. If 20% of submissions get the 70 grade then I believe the reverse proof and "s" sell for around $1200 in the 70 grade with a set of 70's bringing around $3000. Sell the 70's set for $3000 and even if the rest are 69's those should fetch around $1000, so all in all you come away with around $7000 minus $500 in grading fees for a nice $6500 or a bottom line profit of $5000 on a $1500 investment for 5 sets. >>

These are interesting numbers. I did not realize that the 70 quest was so easy to obtain. I thought it took a large bulk order to come up with a few 70s. I was mistaken! I just looked at the 2006 RP POP reports and found that PR70=11.4%, PR69=79.8%, PR68=8.3% and >PR68=.5% The 2006 non-RP 20th proof had better results than this.

A person submitting 10 sets for grading is "likely" to come out with a PR70 set.

It looks like I should have sent my sets in for grading.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I had 5 separate phone orders completed in the first 12 minutes. The second to last order finally just went to-in process. A day after the others. >>

Five separate phone orders in the first minutes!!!! Man are you lucky! >>

Agreed, did you use an autodialer?
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Order number: 38364xxx

Order Date: 10/27/2011 at 03:57 PM

Order Status: Your order request is in process.

My two sets still show backordered with an estimated ship date of 11/15/11.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect they are "hitting" the credit cards of new accounts first in order to quickly identify more sets that can go to the waiting list. Established customers are more likely to offer less cancellations.

My brother is in process, this is his first purchase, and he ordered well after I did.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

one phone call for all orders, or a separate phone call for each order?

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>Correction...that should have read "after 6 PM EST". the order went through around 5:15 PM CENTRAL time. This is interesting considering the high order number and the fact that it would have been after 6 PM EST. >>

Raufus - looks like you may get some sets after all. You got in before 6, didn't you? Congrats.

Never give up until this old gal makes her appearance.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the last several "singles" presales have gone for low to mid 500.
    If it drops to 450, I may have to pick up a few more.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woohoo back from the dentist didn't charge me a dime took xrays and told me I should be fine till i get home at the end of the month, than a new crown should work and my order from 12:03 has finally went to in process. Another bright and sunny day. Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭
    Given the Mint's track record with their anniversary deliveries in the past, it's totally unreasonable for any of us to rely upon what is stated on their website. Box, no box, "backordered", "expected delivery date...", "tracking number" none of it matters. You can call umpteen times a day, check the website ad nauseum, until your credit card is charged, you won't be able to know anything for sure.

HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Correction...that should have read "after 6 PM EST". the order went through around 5:15 PM CENTRAL time. This is interesting considering the high order number and the fact that it would have been after 6 PM EST. >>

Raufus - looks like you may get some sets after all. You got in before 6, didn't you? Congrats.

Never give up until this old gal makes her appearance.

image >>

Thanks paladin....5:40 Eastern. Fingers crossed.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • 3835xxxx placed @ 2:45 is in process

Guess that means my order's real.
  • 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭

<< <i>3835xxxx placed @ 2:45 is in process

Guess that means my order's real. >>

"real" is a relative term in regard to the Mint. All it means is you are in their system. Nothing more.
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!

• << <i>Looks like the last several "singles" presales have gone for low to mid 500.
    If it drops to 450, I may have to pick up a few more. >>

The big question, though, is whether the seller will fulfill their part of the deal.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • commacomma Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭
    Maybe a stupid question and one that has already bee answered,
    but why is everything immediately backordered? Why, like every other type of online store don't they ship when an order is placed?...as opposed to weeks later
  • CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Given the Mint's track record with their anniversary deliveries in the past, it's totally unreasonable for any of us to rely upon what is stated on their website. Box, no box, "backordered", "expected delivery date...", "tracking number" none of it matters. You can call umpteen times a day, check the website ad nauseum, until your credit card is charged, you won't be able to know anything for sure. >>

Well said. image
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    Why, like every other type of online store don't they ship when an order is placed?...as opposed to weeks later

The usual big Government comment goes here:

Followed by the usual rebuttals from the Left:
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Why, like every other type of online store don't they ship when an order is placed?...as opposed to weeks later>>

Please point me in the direction of the "normal" online store where I can buy extremely limited edition merchandise and flip it for a 100% profit overnight...

And anyhow, my friend's order...placed at around 5:00 pm ET is now in process, while my sister's in still on hold (placed at around 1:00)...so go figure.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    12:32 order now in process...image

<< <i>Looks like the last several "singles" presales have gone for low to mid 500.

That's more like it. Some people predicted $1500 a set.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

<< <i>

<< <i>Looks like the last several "singles" presales have gone for low to mid 500.

That's more like it. Some people predicted $1500 a set. >>

You think it's gonna stay at 450? image
  • My 1:30p is in process...the 2:05 and 2:38 are still on hold
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    I can't imagine ANY reason these would be LESS popular than the '06 20th anniversary set.
    I just looked back through my emails and I sold my box 'o 10 for $575 - $600 a set...they were all 69's

With the lower mintage and the 2 desirable coins...I think $1500 is very reasonable...especially if you receive them during the early frenzy.

Merry christmas!
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    You think it's gonna stay at 450?

Hard to say, but the 2006 sets haven't dropped from $350 yet.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!

• << <i>You think it's gonna stay at 450?

Hard to say, but the 2006 sets haven't dropped from $350 yet. >>

That is a statement to the broad appeal of the anniversary set to silver eagle collectors. Despite the mintage being superseded by 60% with the arrival of the 25th anniversary set, the price of the 20th anniversary set has remained stable.
  • bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Why because no one wants to buy into a presale IMO. Prices will go back up soon
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My brothers order of 5 are IN PROCESS..............# 3838xxxx

He got in at about the time the waiting list went up. He thought he wouldn't get his order but I told him to give it some time.
    Lots of orders must have went bye-bye.....

So much for FI/FO..........image

<< <i>

<< <i>

You think it's gonna stay at 450? image >>

Sealed box prices will not hit $1500 a set is exactly what I am saying and another 300 plus posts bye you this Month will not change that.

<< <i>I can't imagine ANY reason these would be LESS popular than the '06 20th anniversary set.
    I just looked back through my emails and I sold my box 'o 10 for $575 - $600 a set...they were all 69's

With the lower mintage and the 2 desirable coins...I think $1500 is very reasonable...especially if you receive them during the early frenzy.

Merry christmas! >>

Guys, these are not ATB's, those were simply another "first of the first". Also, having an overall release time frame of 8 months certainly helped...I'll repeat, these are not ATB's...image

• << <i>Looks like the last several "singles" presales have gone for low to mid 500.

I say you should go for it and buy as many as you can! However are you expecting a sealed set? Thats NOT stated in most of these auctions. Does it matter to you either way?
  • scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    So where do you guys think we are?

I'm thinking Take-Off/First Sell Off image

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

You think it's gonna stay at 450? image >>

Sealed box prices will not hit $1500 a set is exactly what I am saying and another 300 plus posts bye you this Month will not change that. >>

I never said they would hit $1500. ever.
    I just don't think they will stay at $450 in the short term. And the majority of the people here think the same thing from what I've read
  • Ebay sales between 1:00 and 5:00 are usually under market value. There was some nice deals I seen go today during that time, but now it is back up to $600 plus.
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    my first order placed at 4:15 went into process today. Second order from 6:00 still on hold.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    in process....image
  • thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My order 3837XXXX (ordered around 1:30 PM Pacific Time on opening day) now shows as "Your order request is in process. Expected to ship on 11/15/2011."
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    I believe the first strike issue really is a moot point due to the fact that all coins
    will be first strike eligible. There will be no cutoff date as was done on the
    first (5) 5-ounce ATB bullion coins. Why pay the extra money for a label that in all reality
    applies to all of the 25th coins? You could wait until the market determines the price
    and then, if first strikes are all pulling in enormousness money, send it in and get the label.

<< <i>I believe the first strike issue really is a moot point due to the fact that all coins
    first (5) 5-ounce ATB bullion coins. Why pay the extra money for a label that in all reality
    applies to all of the 25th coins? You could wait until the market determines the price
    and then, if first strikes are all pulling in enormousness money, send it in and get the label.

image >>

I hope you're basing this statement off first hand info and not simply that screenshot with the quarter and the 5 ozer's
  • It took me nearly three hours to place five individual orders - All in process, backordered and ship 11/15.
    Successful BST Transactions with several members.

<< <i>

<< <i>I believe the first strike issue really is a moot point due to the fact that all coins

image >>

I hope you're basing his statement off first hand info and not simply that screenshot with the quarter and the 5 ozer's >>

The first (5) five ounce ATB's were all released at the same time, all within the first 30 days of sale.
    The same thing will happen with the 25th coins. They will all be shipped within the first 30 days.
    I was merely assuming PCGS would be consistent in the way they apply the cutoff dates.

They could change their methods, but I don't think so.
    Then again, who knows. I'm sure the web site will be updated before any are shipped
    to them for grading.
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

I hope you're basing his statement off first hand info and not simply that screenshot with the quarter and the 5 ozer's >>

The first (5) five ounce ATB's were all released at the same time, all within the first 30 days of sale.
    The same thing will happen with the 25th coins. They will all be shipped within the first 30 days.
    I was merely assuming PCGS would be consistent in the way they apply the cutoff dates.

Then again, who knows. I'm sure the web site will be updated before any are shipped
    to them for grading. >>

Those coins all went to major bullion dealers and were delivered at or about the same time, so PCGS knows they were all w/in the 30 day rule they have so all will always be eligible for FS.

That isn't the case with the 25th anniversary sets. Sure, they all sold w/in 5 hours, but will they all be delievered within 30 days of one another??? Maybe, but PCGS will never know for sure so there should be a cut off date for FS coins. For example, if I get my order around 2 weeks after the first folks get their coins, they would be eligible. But if I decide I don't like them, and return them to the Mint, then the Mint will likely repackage them and give them to someone on the wait list. That wait list person will likely not get that package within 30 days for the first coins being shipped and that box wouldn't be eligible for FS.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

to them for grading. >>

Those coins all went to major bullion dealers and were delivered at or about the same time, so PCGS knows they were all w/in the 30 day rule they have so all will always be eligible for FS.

That isn't the case with the 25th anniversary sets. Sure, they all sold w/in 5 hours, but will they all be delievered within 30 days of one another??? Maybe, but PCGS will never know for sure so there should be a cut off date for FS coins. For example, if I get my order around 2 weeks after the first folks get their coins, they would be eligible. But if I decide I don't like them, and return them to the Mint, then the Mint will likely repackage them and give them to someone on the wait list. That wait list person will likely not get that package within 30 days for the first coins being shipped and that box wouldn't be eligible for FS. >>

Good point, I stand corrected.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

to them for grading. >>

That isn't the case with the 25th anniversary sets. Sure, they all sold w/in 5 hours, but will they all be delievered within 30 days of one another??? Maybe, but PCGS will never know for sure so there should be a cut off date for FS coins. For example, if I get my order around 2 weeks after the first folks get their coins, they would be eligible. But if I decide I don't like them, and return them to the Mint, then the Mint will likely repackage them and give them to someone on the wait list. That wait list person will likely not get that package within 30 days for the first coins being shipped and that box wouldn't be eligible for FS. >>

Only the two new "money" coins are first strike eligible. The remaining three coins in the set were released individually more than 30 days ago.

• In process doesn't usually mean much. You want to see the cancel box disappear. If you see it disappear, the coins are on their way.

• << <i>Only the two new "money" coins are first strike eligible. The remaining three coins in the set were released individually more than 30 days ago. >>

What are you basing that on? In the past two instances of Eagle Anniversary sets, regardless on whether some of the coins in the set had been released earlier in the year (which was the case in both the gold and silver eagle 20th anniversary sets in 2006 and the platinum eagle 10th anniversary set in 2007), all the coins in the set were eligible for the 'First Strike' and 'Anniversary Set' pedigree if the set was shipped from the Mint within 30 days of being released and remained sealed. Once the set was opened only the coins unique to the set were eligible for the 'First Strike Anniversary Set' designation. Why should it be any different this time? It's also worth mentioning PCGS has already posted 'First Strike 25th Anniversary' coin numbers for all the coins in the 25th anniversary silver eagle set.
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're talking about PBGS on the handling and processing of the orders, right? Does anyone remember the non-FIFO way that the UHR orders were processed? There were tons of late orders that were processed and delivered long before many of the early orders (including my early order). That was for a "mint to demand" issue. These SAEs are sold out, but here's a wild thought - what's to prevent them (PBGS) from digging into the waitlist orders and processing some of them before the confirmed orders? Are there any checks in the system that would prevent this? They don't seem to be following any order in the processing...again. Could a major brouhaha be in the making?

<< <i>

<< <i>Only the two new "money" coins are first strike eligible. The remaining three coins in the set were released individually more than 30 days ago. >>

What are you basing that on? In the past two instances of Eagle Anniversary sets, regardless on whether some of the coins in the set had been released earlier in the year (which was the case in both the gold and silver eagle 20th anniversary sets in 2006 and the platinum eagle 10th anniversary set in 2007), all the coins in the set were eligible for the 'First Strike' and 'Anniversary Set' pedigree if the set was shipped from the Mint within 30 days of being released and remained sealed. Once the set was opened only the coins unique to the set were eligible for the 'First Strike Anniversary Set' designation. Why should it be any different this time? It's also worth mentioning PCGS has already posted 'First Strike 25th Anniversary' coin numbers for all the coins in the 25th anniversary silver eagle set. >>

you're referring to the "First Released" label. image

• I forgot about that. Yes, you are right they did skip over people for those coins. Who knows what they will do. It wouldn't surprise me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file