Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    Both of my orders (12:25 and 12:37) are still on hold....should I be worried? =/

-Paul
  • ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Both of my orders (12:25 and 12:37) are still on hold....should I be worried? =/

-Paul >>

Yes. You should be very very worried.
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Order number: 38339xxx

Order Date:

Order Status: Your order request is in process

Just had that switch from "on hold" for 1:30 order time
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>You think the mint would be able to come up with something relatively tamper evident to prevent people from claiming an empty box. You think it would be in there best interest since stuff goes missing from the mail all the time. I know the box of 5 proof sets that my grandfather got from the mint in the 70's were all tamper evident. Granted I don't think they were designed with that in mind but putting the shipping label right over the opening for the box made it pretty easy to tell if it had been opened or not. >>

Maybe it is time for eBay sellers to start putting statements in their listings or post-auction followup communication indicating that they are aware of the various ways that buyers may try to scam them. >>

I was definitely planning on doing that to the full extent if I decide to go the ebay route at some point.
    What is a "list" of things to mention? The sealed box thing, but what else? >>

Let them know that you are aware of shipping weights and that will show that the coins were in the box when you sent it. The mint will also verify the shipping weight if necessary. Also they understand that they are buying a sealed package and that if they open it and the items are damaged or blemished that they own them. If they can't/won't agree, I'd rather not ship. You can't be responsible for what the mint does. Would it hold up for eBay if they would sign it and fax you a copy prior to shipping? If eBay/PP won't look out for your interests then you have to.
    theknowitalltroll;

• << <i>Both of my orders (12:25 and 12:37) are still on hold....should I be worried? =/

-Paul >>

12:11 also on hold here.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • The last 2 of my 5 orders are still on hold. Both placed around 2:30PM EST.
  • JedPlanchetJedPlanchet Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    38353XXX Placed at 2:50 - "in process" image
    Whatever you are, be a good one. ---- Abraham Lincoln
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

38325xxx
    Order Status: Your order request is in process.
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    Woo! The latter of my two orders just went in process! image

-Paul
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...from reading all the latest stuff about the waiting list geting pushed back to later in the day, once you eliminate all the attempted scammers/multiple/duplicate orders, the vast majority of those attempting to order on Day 1, probably got their 5 coins (or less), despite internet issues. Or am I missing something?

If true, that was actually a pretty good day in Mint-land.
  • #38327xxx IN PROCESS
    #38367xxx IN PROCESS

Both ship date 11-15

gary-
    Ebay Seller Americansilvereagle 800+ feedback
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    My 12:13 order-in process

12:32- Still at Hold

4:50- Still at Hold
    <<So...from reading all the latest stuff about the waiting list geting pushed back to later in the day, once you eliminate all the attempted scammers/multiple/duplicate orders, the vast majority of those attempting to order on Day 1, probably got their 5 coins (or less), despite internet issues. Or am I missing something?>>

I've said this before and I'll say it again...you of course realize there are probably only about 50 of us on this board using multiple IDs...and in reality we each probably bought about 2,000 sets last week!

• Everyone...i just read an article on coinweek.com that states the bullion coin will be coming from Denver mint.

Would this make it 3 unique coins on the set??? And if so it would be interesting to see it graded as such. Can anyone confirm this from official sources

Article
  • 92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    They wouldn't move a press to denver just to strike 100,000 ASE bullion eagles. Just a misprint surely.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Everyone...i just read an article on coinweek.com that states the bullion coin will be coming from Denver mint.

Would this make it 3 unique coins on the set??? And if so it would be interesting to see it graded as such. Can anyone confirm this from official sources

Article >>

Could be an error in the article but if not, then the label should qualify for "Minted in Denver" for sealed submissions. Of course the TPGs won't see it this way.
    Hopefully they are coming from Denver which would mean they were minted specifically for the set with hopefully better quality control and handling than the West Point/San Francisco tubed coins.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

<< <i>They wouldn't move a press to denver just to strike 100,000 ASE bullion eagles. Just a misprint surely. >>

Might only need the dies and blanks sent over. They may already be set up because of recent unprecedented bullion demand.

If nothing else, adds life to the thread. Good eye rodzm.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• 92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    Every other media source has the bullion coin coming from San Fran. If they were gearing up production in Denver it probably would've been publicized some time ago.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Order #3839XXXX which was placed after 5 PM EST is now "in process". My son's order #3833XXXX which was place before 1PM EST is still "on hold". >>

An after 5 pm order in process. What time was the order? Thanks.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • American Eagle Silver Uncirculated Coin -- mint mark of "W" for West Point
    American Eagle Silver Proof Coin -- mint mark of "W" for West Point
    American Eagle Silver Reverse Proof Coin -- mint mark of "P" for Philadelphia
    American Eagle Silver Bullion Coin -- no mint mark
    American Eagle Silver Uncirculated Coin -- mint mark of "S" for San Francisco
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    My firstr order, #38349XXX, at 2:20, just went from 'hold' to 'in process'. Strange, as they pushed the ship date back, again, to the 15th.
    I'll come up with something.

<< <i>My firstr order, #38349XXX, at 2:20, just went from 'hold' to 'in process'. Strange, as they pushed the ship date back, again, to the 15th. >>

I suspect ship dates are automatically advanced each day until they actually ship and post the shipping date.

• PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correction...that should have read "after 6 PM EST". the order went through around 5:15 PM CENTRAL time. This is interesting considering the high order number and the fact that it would have been after 6 PM EST.

• << <i>Everyone...i just read an article on coinweek.com that states the bullion coin will be coming from Denver mint.

Article >>

If true that would be interesting. If TPGers can some up with the "S" label why not a "D" label too.
  • Did you anything else on the order beside the 25th set?
  • << Order #3839XXXX which was placed after 5 PM EST is now "in process". My son's order #3833XXXX which was place before 1PM EST is still "on hold". >>

Sorry was replying to this post

Did you have anything else ordered on this besides the 25th
    Nothing else....just the set.

<< <i>Correction...that should have read "after 6 PM EST". the order went through around 5:15 PM CENTRAL time. This is interesting considering the high order number and the fact that it would have been after 6 PM EST. >>

Very interesting. This is the latest in process order reported. I would not think that they would put an order in process absent the coins to fill it. I thought that they would leave wait list orders on hold until coins became available. Does anyone know the deal with this?
  • commacomma Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭
    "Being Processed" orders still have the "cancel box"...that seems odd
    <<Hopefully they are coming from Denver which would mean they were minted specifically for the set with hopefully better quality control and handling than the West Point/San Francisco tubed coins. >>

If true, screw quality control...I want an ERROR or unique die variety coming out of Denver!!! Imagine the freak show that would erupt then!

<< <i>"Being Processed" orders still have the "cancel box"...that seems odd >>

Called The Mint customer service to ask. Totally clueless.

<< <i>

Called The Mint customer service to ask. Totally clueless. >>

Hmm...guess it doesn't really matter, just seems like they have no rhyme or reason for any of this...
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

That will be there up until they ship. FYI - step away from the canel box! image

my cancel box reappeared after about an hour after going to "in process." Was tempted to use it to see if it works. image

• droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would not think that they would put an order in process absent the coins to fill it. I thought that they would leave wait list orders on hold until coins became available. Does anyone know the deal with this? >>

I'm guessing that as earlier orders are cancelled for whatever reason, they push back the availability to later orders.

I'm betting that a lot of relative n00bz to buying from the Mint who saw big $$$ in this issue failed to realize that multiple orders to the same address would get nixed if above the HH limit.

Not sure what public frenzy developed outside these boards, but if there was any, a lot of folks may not have known the intricacies of the HH limit.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • I don't know if this is true or not, but the reason why some orders that were placed at 3:00 or after are going to "in process" and others that were placed at 1:00 or 2:00 are still on hold is supposedly because if someone has a new credit card or never placed an order yet with the US Mint they are going through the orders and tagging their cards for a few cents and seeing that their information is accurate. This is according to a US Mint customer rep, but you call another rep and you probably get a different answer. It is weird that some orders placed in the first hour are still on hold and others placed even after 5:00 are no "in process" status. Does anyone have a clear cut answer as to why this is happening? I guess what they told me at the Mint makes sense, but with them you always get conflicting answeres for teh same question depending on who you talk to.
    After reading 2000+ posts, I've come to the conclusion that we really don't know chit. We need a mole at the mint. Anyone know any of the security guards?

• CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I sold a sealed ATB by listing with a high BIN, then cherry picked the offers. When someone makes an offer you can
    see their feedback and zip code. I finally got a good offer from a long time ebay coin purchaser who lived in a bedroom
    community of NYC. Great deal for both of us. If you're careful you should be fine. >>

I have sold a few high dollar gold spouse coins on ebay in the past, and I always Google there addresses and look at street view to look at the house it is going to. Not sure if it would do any good but if it is a nice house in a nice area it put my mind to rest some what.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Same here image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • How much do you think the signed Mercanti letter adds to a graded set?
  • bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    Order number: 38349xxx Your order request is in process.

Order number: 38331xxx Your order request is in process
    Wierd right after i posted this the bottom order changed image

• << <i>How much do you think the signed Mercanti letter adds to a graded set? >>

nothing.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Just got mine and they look great in hand!

imageimage

<< <i>My cancel box reappeared after about an hour after going to "in process." >>

The #3839XXXX order has been "in process" for over 3 hours now and the cancel box still has not appeared.
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't know if this is true or not, but the reason why some orders that were placed at 3:00 or after are going to "in process" and others that were placed at 1:00 or 2:00 are still on hold is supposedly because if someone has a new credit card or never placed an order yet with the US Mint they are going through the orders and tagging their cards for a few cents and seeing that their information is accurate. This is according to a US Mint customer rep, but you call another rep and you probably get a different answer. It is weird that some orders placed in the first hour are still on hold and others placed even after 5:00 are no "in process" status. Does anyone have a clear cut answer as to why this is happening? I guess what they told me at the Mint makes sense, but with them you always get conflicting answeres for teh same question depending on who you talk to. >>

No, there is no rhyme nor reason, no pattern, nothing that makes sense in how or when orders go to "In Process". I have been a mint customer since 1969. My order (38334xxx) is still on hold. A friend of mine with order #38331xxx just went to "In Process". My sister, a 10 year customer with order #38358xxx is still on hold. Two other friends that are 3 year customers and orders in the 38353xxx range are still on hold. Try find some logic. There ain't none - never has been, never will be.
  • kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭
    My order that went in at 2:40 has an expected ship date of 11/15 now, while the sets my Dad ordered at around 5:30 (he was put on waiting list) show an expected ship date of 11/14!
  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 5 separate phone orders completed in the first 12 minutes. The second to last order finally just went to-in process. A day after the others.
  • 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    I've had my addy Google'd a few time too.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    I have sold a few high dollar gold spouse coins on ebay in the past, and I always Google there addresses and look at street view to look at the house it is going to. Not sure if it would do any good but if it is a nice house in a nice area it put my mind to rest some what. >>

I do this too, gives me somewhat of a good feeling to be able to think "I know where you live"
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

<< <i>

<< <i>
    I have sold a few high dollar gold spouse coins on ebay in the past, and I always Google there addresses and look at street view to look at the house it is going to. Not sure if it would do any good but if it is a nice house in a nice area it put my mind to rest some what. >>

I do this too, gives me somewhat of a good feeling to be able to think "I know where you live" >>

A little creepy image and the reason I use a PO box now image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file