Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just got an email saying the coins are on backorder. Ship date now shows as 11/14/2011 >>

same here. guess we aren't in the first outgoing shipment that includes those who got moved to "in process." If their warehouse were to burn down right after that first shipment out what do you think would happen to market prices? image

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• Harry779Harry779 Posts: 902 ✭✭
    "I just got an email saying the coins are on backorder. Ship date now shows as 11/14/2011"

i just got the same email.
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
    Many happy BST transactions
  • TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings from the United States Mint.
    We regret to inform you that the item(s) listed below
    are currently on backorder. Please expect your item(s)
    to arrive within the timeframe listed below.
    Track your order at http://catalog.usmint.gov
    Thanks again for shopping with the United States Mint.

Order #: 38388XXX - 1
    Sold To :
    Ship To :
    Item: A25 Qty: 2 Exp Ship: 11/14/11
    25TH ANNIVERSARY AE 5 COIN SILVER SET
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    +1 as well
    figglehorn
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anticipated shipping date of 11/14 seems to be universal.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Order number: 38324XXX
    Order Date: 10/27/2011 at 12:03 AM
    Order Status: Your order request is on hold.

I just got an email saying the coins are on backorder. Ship date now shows as 11/14/2011 >>

me too also as well. first time i can ever recall getting a status update from the mint.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"I just got an email saying the coins are on backorder. Ship date now shows as 11/14/2011"

i just got the same email. >>

So did I. Everyone probably got this e-mail.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• MercuryMercury Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
    Received the same email as above.
    Collecting Peace Dollars and Modern Crap.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time i got mail that started with "Greetings" I woke up on the other side of the world.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Count me in. Received 3 emails for my 3 orders as well.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I guess now we can put an end to the speculation about the mint reducing the amount you ordered from 5 to 1.

If you got an email then probably you will get your coins in a couple of weeks.

I can see a whole lot of responses on here about not receiving their email coming up.
  • Got same email x4, ordered 4 single and 1 double. Don't mind backorder, was afraid it was going to say something else.
  • Same e-mail here X 2.

My orders were at 5:06 pm ET and 5:35 pm ET.

Both e-mails state a 11/14/2011 ship date.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess now we can put an end to the speculation about the mint reducing the amount you ordered from 5 to 1.

If you got an email then probably you will get your coins in a couple of weeks.

I can see a whole lot of responses on here about not receiving their email coming up. >>

I received the email even for my 5:50 Eastern time orders which I certainly don't expect to see. So, don't know that they mean much.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

• << <i>....there are still a couple of weeks, most likely, and I am sure PCGS will be all over this soon, and answers will be forthright on many of the threads here.... >>

Can someone start another thread when this information is available? Please use ALL CAPS so it stands out and I can find it quickly. image
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

I didn't mind the "Greetings" part at all. It was the next few words that freaked me out:

"We regret to inform you ..... "

Backordered to the 14th. Big deal. As long as I get them I don't care when they ship.

Someone over there has a twisted sense of humor.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • WDHWDH Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    I couldn't get through till late, order (38385XXX), so I don't expect to receive any. I did receive the backorder email from the Mint, so take that for what it's worth. This is the government image

<< <i>

<< <i>....there are still a couple of weeks, most likely, and I am sure PCGS will be all over this soon, and answers will be forthright on many of the threads here.... >>

Can someone start another thread when this information is available? Please use ALL CAPS so it stands out and I can find it quickly. image >>

No need for another thread. This one will be right on top all day.

• << <i>

<< <i>"I just got an email saying the coins are on backorder. Ship date now shows as 11/14/2011"

i just got the same email. >>

So did I. Everyone probably got this e-mail. >>

Me too.
    I will note that the day after I got a similar letter for the latest ATB puck, the coin shipped the next day!
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well with my order in at 1203 not to worried but was hoping they would actually send these out in the order they came in, guess I was dreaming............order was for 3 no singles so maybe there doing those first. will see.......Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Got 5x this email as well. I guess the 14th is the date for everyone now?
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Got 5x this email as well. I guess the 14th is the date for everyone now? >>

And tomorrow it'll be the 15th.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• << <i>I didn't mind the "Greetings" part at all. It was the next few words that freaked me out:

"We regret to inform you ..... "

Backordered to the 14th. Big deal. As long as I get them I don't care when they ship.

Someone over there has a twisted sense of humor. >>

I had the exact same reaction...."regret to inform you" almost toasted me

There has been over 1000 of these coins now pre-sold on ebay and none of them at low prices. What is the future going to ho;d? Is it going to be up, up, and away?
  • Let me talk with my daughter. I'll find out what comes after 15th. image
  • Just noticed on my order page that my orders of 3 and 2 are eligable for complimentary upgrades to expediated shipping. I have not seen mention of this except for the forum member that had added expediated instead of standard shipping. Can this be confimed by members with past experinces of sales over $300.00?
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did everyone receive the "backordered" e-mail this morning for both their "in process" and "on hold" orders? Just wondering?

Also, on another topic, assuming it turns out that it's permissible and you can just send in the 2 key coins from this set for grading (from opened sets)...and not the other three...wouldn't that probably be the way to go? You'd save quite a bit of money taking that route over sending in all 5.

Or am I missing something?
  • ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    So far, I've received this same email 3 times - all on coins which I was initially told, would be placed on the "Waiting List"... all sent 3:36 am...

Have not received this email (yet) on sets I ordered prior to the implementation of the waiting period...
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent

• << <i>Did everyone receive the "backordered" e-mail this morning for both their "in process" and "on hold" orders? Just wondering?

Also, on another topic, assuming it turns out that it's permissible and you can just send in the 2 key coins from this set for grading (from opened sets)...and not the other three...wouldn't that probably be the way to go? You'd save quite a bit of money taking that route over sending in all 5.

Or am I missing something? >>

I have three separate orders and received the same email on all three....all three are still on hold Nov. 14th

Also, my opinion on the other question would be the only thing you would be missing is the labels on the other 3 coins which would then be regular issue loners

Edited to add: my three orders were completed before 230p eastern
    <<Also, my opinion on the other question would be the only thing you would be missing is the labels on the other 3 coins which would then be regular issue loners >>

True. however, my thinking on this is that those other three coins would also be considerably cheaper to buy aftermarket if you wanted to assemble a perfect set in 70 with labels.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>....there are still a couple of weeks, most likely, and I am sure PCGS will be all over this soon, and answers will be forthright on many of the threads here.... >>

Can someone start another thread when this information is available? Please use ALL CAPS so it stands out and I can find it quickly. image >>

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Just noticed on my order page that my orders of 3 and 2 are eligable for complimentary upgrades to expediated shipping. I have not seen mention of this except for the forum member that had added expediated instead of standard shipping. Can this be confimed by members with past experinces of sales over $300.00? >>

From the Mint's FAQ section:

EXPEDITED SHIPPING OPTION

The United States Mint requires a signature confirmation of receipt for all expedited shipments. Customers can request upgrades to expedited shipments for a fee of $12.95. Packages valued at $300 or more, containing platinum or gold are upgraded to expedited shipping free of charge.

Expedited shipping will be sent via one of two methods. APO, FPO and P.O. Box addresses are serviced by USPS Priority Mail with signature required. Orders shipped by Priority Mail can be tracked through the USPS Web site. All other addresses are serviced by UPS (Air and International). Orders shipped by UPS can be tracked through the UPS Web site.

Interesting, it doesn't say Silver, but in the past I believe anything over 300 was free upgrade to expedited.

• << <i><<Also, my opinion on the other question would be the only thing you would be missing is the labels on the other 3 coins which would then be regular issue loners >>

True. however, my thinking on this is that those other three coins would also be considerably cheaper to buy aftermarket if you wanted to assemble a perfect set in 70 with labels. >>

Good point ...but I would think if you submit 5 sealed sets your chances of getting ONE 70 per coin type is reasonable and thus you have your set (yes, no FS on the two)

I think I will forget the FS thing and send 'em sealed. On another note....I think there should be no cutoff date for FS since there is no way to know which coins were actually struck when....all ordered on the same day and probably all shipped within a week of each other.

• << <i>

<< <i>Just noticed on my order page that my orders of 3 and 2 are eligable for complimentary upgrades to expediated shipping. I have not seen mention of this except for the forum member that had added expediated instead of standard shipping. Can this be confimed by members with past experinces of sales over $300.00? >>

From the Mint's FAQ section:

EXPEDITED SHIPPING OPTION

The United States Mint requires a signature confirmation of receipt for all expedited shipments. Customers can request upgrades to expedited shipments for a fee of $12.95. Packages valued at $300 or more, containing platinum or gold are upgraded to expedited shipping free of charge.

Expedited shipping will be sent via one of two methods. APO, FPO and P.O. Box addresses are serviced by USPS Priority Mail with signature required. Orders shipped by Priority Mail can be tracked through the USPS Web site. All other addresses are serviced by UPS (Air and International). Orders shipped by UPS can be tracked through the UPS Web site.

Interesting, it doesn't necessarily say Silver, but in the past I believe anything over 300 was free upgrade to expedited. >>

From my order page:
    Shipping Method:
    Note: Even if standard shipping is selected, your order will be sent expedited if it qualifies for a complimentary upgrade.

• CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Found it in a different section:

Shipping
    To learn about standard processing and fulfillment procedures, please read, “What are the United States Mint’s Standard Processing and Fulfillment Procedures?”, FAQ #205.
    The United States Mint offers its customers various shipping options. Orders completed by mail, phone, fax or through the United States Mint Online Catalog have a standard shipping fee of $4.95 per order.

•Orders with Merchandise valued at $300 or more with a standard delivery option chosen will receive a complimentary upgrade to Expedited Shipping.
  • Yep, backordered 11/14. That's OK, a few extra days means they'll go up another couple of hundred dollars image

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• <Got same email x4, ordered 4 single and 1 double. Don't mind backorder, was afraid it was going to say something else.>

looks like you may have gone over HH by 1
  • GManGMan Posts: 790 ✭✭
    I got 5 emails today for my 5 single set orders. All my orders were completed by 2:03pm. Hope to see these soon.
    GMan
    Someone actually got a relative "bargain" yesterday...$490 for a set on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-American-Eagle-25th-Anniversary-Silver-Coin-Set-A25-100-000-Sets-Made-/260883833202?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbde36172

...and I'm not seeing much difference in price for sealed or unsealed sets at this point at least.
  • Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    Got the email too. Order 38378xxx at 2.02 EST.

Dennis

I think you will once this settles down a little bit.

Right now the scared flippers are trying to pay off their credit cards.
    Re the e-mail...I'm thinking that should also put the potential reduction in HH limits issue to bed.

The Mint is actually proceeding along pretty quickly, all things consodered.
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think you will once this settles down a little bit.

Right now the scared flippers are trying to pay off their credit cards. >>

Over-extended, the same type of behavior that resulted in a lot of the recent financial debacle we are in.
    I guess greed is a part of it also.
    Really a lesson here for some I guess.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more

CW has front page news from the Mint:

As of 5:00 pm on the 27th:

100,709 sets sold as follows: 84,168 online and 16,541 by phone.

27,254 total orders: 22,413 online and 4841 by phone.

Average # sets / order: 3.7

Surprised that the total orders was so low - thought it would have been much higher
    due to the individual order numbers reported here.

~ Vince Lombardi

That may be true but on the other side of the coin it may help a lot of people come up with next months house payment.
  • Has pcgs set total cost for grading one 5 set unopened mint shipping box?
    Will they send back empty boxes with graded coins?
    Would be great if they would do a special one cost only for one to 5 sealed sets
    Thanks

I think it would be advisable for them to just tell us here online what the rules are then to receive 10000 phone calls.

With the average number of sets per order at 3.7, individual sealed boxes of single sets will be a rarity and should command a nice premium.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many happy BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file