Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>why wouldn't they give both FS and 25th ann. on the RP and S=Unc?? >>

I have not seen any official docs indicating that they wouldn't ... To me, it doesn't make any sense. If true, I've got to go with the 25th Anniv. label and hope PCGS doesn't change their mind down the road like they did with the 5 oz pucks. (PL designation) >>

You can't do both of these at the same time:

imageimage

But you could do this:

Where they place "25 Anniversary on the other three coins" may affect their ability to do both on the two money coins and have a consistent label for the whole set.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    newkly listed sets from last night showing a slowdown in price.. now at 600.00 and under. still a great price
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>coin dealer that our coin club does a lot of business ...picked up 179 sets with a price range of 299.95 to 525.00 that is dealin .... all to be graded >>

He's looking at over $75K in grading fees less any bulk discount. This is a case where I would definitely screen a lot of the money coins before submitting. He could save a lot in grading fees if he were to open 25 sets and only submit good looking reverse proofs and S mintmarks. If submitted unsealed within the 30 day window they are still eligible for First Strike. And because it appears that PCGS will not give both the First Strike and 25th set label to these two coins they will still fit right into a graded full set. There will be a lot of collectors looking for these two coins to replace the 69s in their graded set. This dealer could also use his loose 70 First Strikes to fill holes in the sets he does have graded. >>

179 sets at an average of $425 a set would be $76,075 just for the sets. 179 sets is 895 coins and at $12 a pop for grading that is about $10,740 if you grade them all. Do bulk submitters still get FS from PCGS at no extra cost?
    theknowitalltroll;

<< <i>

<< <i>It was stated in one of the ASE threads that PCGS has said they will not do both designations on these two coins. If you look at all their previous labels where FIRST STRIKE or 20th ANNIVERSARY appears in big letters at the top, it becomes obvious why only one of the designations is available. They would have to and could change their way of presenting the label to offer both designations. >>

Not so...all my 20th Anniv. PCGS graded coins (Gold & Silver) have both and it did not create any problem. >>

Where would they have placed FIRST STRIKE on this one had it been eligible and requested:

If in fact PCGS will not offer both designations it is probably because they plan on placing the 25th Anniversary designation as pictured above. Until PCGS provides specific submission guidelines for the ASE set questions will remain.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>coin dealer that our coin club does a lot of business ...picked up 179 sets with a price range of 299.95 to 525.00 that is dealin .... all to be graded >>

He's looking at over $75K in grading fees less any bulk discount. This is a case where I would definitely screen a lot of the money coins before submitting. He could save a lot in grading fees if he were to open 25 sets and only submit good looking reverse proofs and S mintmarks. If submitted unsealed within the 30 day window they are still eligible for First Strike. And because it appears that PCGS will not give both the First Strike and 25th set label to these two coins they will still fit right into a graded full set. There will be a lot of collectors looking for these two coins to replace the 69s in their graded set. This dealer could also use his loose 70 First Strikes to fill holes in the sets he does have graded. >>

179 sets at an average of $425 a set would be $76,075 just for the sets. 179 sets is 895 coins and at $12 a pop for grading that is about $10,740 if you grade them all. Do bulk submitters still get FS from PCGS at no extra cost? >>

calculator error on my part. Just grading fees on one set with First Strike label for the two money coins is $126. For 179 sets it becomes over 22.5K in grading fees. Still a chunk of change that can be reduced by opening some of the 179 sets and cherry picking only the money coins for submission.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Where would they have placed FIRST STRIKE on this one had it been eligible and requested: >>

Have PCGS do it like they did with the 20th Anniversary sets. Why change now. Flag type slabs are usually only on FS labels anyway.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My order number is 38353xxx........Am I still on the island???
    Order time 2:50PM EST

Just wondering where the order numbers become toast!

Thanks in advance. >>

Second request on above question.

Thanks in advance.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Thanks in advance. >>

Thanks in advance. >>

wait list start 4:30pm est

beyond that, it is anyone's guess
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Where would they have placed FIRST STRIKE on this one had it been eligible and requested: >>

Have PCGS do it like they did with the 20th Anniversary sets. Why change now. Flag type slabs are usually only on FS labels anyway. >>

they put the words "first strike" on secure plus labels.

they will make room likely with a smaller font and more lines.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    I bet you're in Bully! image
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Not for nothing...but wouldn't calling the Mint at this point "to check on your order," only be inviting trouble? I don't want any additional attention or scrutiny than necessary.

To me, that's like asking a cop or building inspector into your house..."Just to take a look around." >>

Or asking the soup nazi why you didn't get any bread. >>

I image dont do it I got poof for 3 set dam why oh why did I call.imageimage

Hoard the keys.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Thanks in advance. >>

Thanks in advance. >>

GB: I posted some ord # estimates/times a page or so back...I think you'll find you're more than safe.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

<< <i>

Have PCGS do it like they did with the 20th Anniversary sets. Why change now. Flag type slabs are usually only on FS labels anyway. >>

If it is true that PCGS will only offer First Strike OR 25th ANNIVERSARY label on the two money coins, I speculate it is because they plan on placing 25th ANNIVERSARY at the top of the label on the three remaining coins. Putting 25th ANNIVERSARY anywhere else on the two money coins would make the five labels inconsistent. Sure wish they would publish some specific guidance for submitting these sets.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Not for nothing...but wouldn't calling the Mint at this point "to check on your order," only be inviting trouble? I don't want any additional attention or scrutiny than necessary.

To me, that's like asking a cop or building inspector into your house..."Just to take a look around." >>

Or asking the soup nazi why you didn't get any bread. >>

I image dont do it I got poof for 3 set dam why oh why did I call.imageimage >>

Sorry to hear that T -- did you get tagged for extra two sets? How did it go down?
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
    Thanks smokincoin, MsMorrisine, and Akbeez!!!
    You've made me a happy camper. image
    Akbeez, would you mind re-posting your order#s/estimates?
    That's very useful info for all concerned 25th Anniversary buyers.
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Akbeez's earlier post Bully:

Based on a few of my orders, I ran some simple math based on # orders per minute during this time period.

4:30PM EST would be ~#38372314

5:00PM EST would be ~#38378103

5:30PM EST would be ~#38383533

(...and no -- none of these are my order #)

Let me know if this jives with others orders --
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Based on a few of my orders, I ran some simple math based on # orders per minute during this time period.

4:30PM EST would be ~#38372314

5:00PM EST would be ~#38378103

5:30PM EST would be ~#38383533

(...and no -- none of these are my order #)

Let me know if this jives with others orders -- >>

Oops, read the times wrong, anyway since I made this post, I have an order from 8:15 pm EST that is order number 38404***.
  • pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 842 ✭✭✭
    My order 38390xxx at 6:02 EST
    BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My order 38390xxx at 6:02 EST >>

No sets for you.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    I do have one late one...

38381XXX @5:20pm...didn't get cancelled, yet. I have no illusions of getting that particular order, but.....never give up hope (easy to say where I have an order in at @2:20pm...image )

It skews Akbeez's time estimate a bit, by just a few thousand orders.
    I'll come up with something.
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that my status has changed to "in process" from "on hold."

Order number: 38325XXX

Order Date:

Order Status: Your order request is in process.

Tracking Number(s):
    Tracking number and carrier link
    not available for this shipment.

Product Name Quantity Price
    (each) Total Item Status
    25TH ANNIVERSARY AE 5 COIN SILVER SET 5 $299.95 $1,499.75 5 units backordered. Expected to ship on 11/13/2011.

<< <i>I noticed that my status has changed to "in process" from "on hold."

Order Date:

Tracking Number(s):

(each) Total Item Status
    25TH ANNIVERSARY AE 5 COIN SILVER SET 5 $299.95 $1,499.75 5 units backordered. Expected to ship on 11/13/2011. >>

<< <i>I do have one late one...

38381XXX @5:20pm...didn't get cancelled, yet. I have no illusions of getting that particular order, but.....never give up hope (easy to say where I have an order in at @2:20pm...image )

It skews Akbeez's time estimate a bit, by just a few thousand orders. >>

Au contraire -- I think you are right in there Notsure...
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Ok, I'll throw my late order into the mix, it's order # 383763XX at 4:50 P.M., think it's gonna be too late.
  • brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭
    what is the lowest order number that we know of?
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>what is the lowest order number that we know of? >>

# 38324XXX............MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

<< <i>

# 38324XXX............MJ >>

Linky

MJ is right again!

From above link, Comrade renman95 has the special distinction!!!

Quote: "I got your lowest right here, #38324xxx @ 10:00."

• brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

wow I have my orders at 3833XXXX@12:00C and 3834XXXX1:00C that is like 10k and 20k difference. Probably I wont see it ship anytime soon.

• << <i>

<< <i>

wow I have my orders at 3833XXXX@12:00C and 3834XXXX1:00C that is like 10k and 20k difference. Probably I wont see it ship anytime some. >>

mine was 38330XXX @ 12:37 AM...

still on hold.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    38329xxx 12:27 also still on hold
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • commacomma Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭
    Mine's still on hold...ordered within the first hour...
  • 38363XXX Status: Held. Anyone know what that means?

<< <i>38363XXX Status: Held. Anyone know what that means? >>

They have it, you don't.

Normal to initially be on hold.

• << <i>38363XXX Status: Held. Anyone know what that means? >>

Look back to page 84 for a listing of what the various status' mean. In short, no need to get worried for now....most people's status' are "held." Wheels are turning in a good way when it changes to "in process."
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    All 3 of my orders still on hold.

Order number:38333XXX Order Date:10/27/2011 at 12:52 AM (3 Sets)
    Order number:38335XXX Order Date:10/27/2011 at 01:02 PM (1 Set)
    Order number:38336XXX Order Date:10/27/2011 at 01:13 PM (1 Set)
  • Order #1 38327xxx 2 sets on hold
    Order #2 38367xxx 1 set In Process

Both are ship 11/13

gary-
    Ebay Seller Americansilvereagle 800+ feedback
    I've talked to a couple people, seems orders of 1 set are being "processed" anything larger that that is still on hold...
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've talked to a couple people, seems orders of 1 set are being "processed" anything larger that that is still on hold... >>

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny

Order Date:

Tracking Number(s):

(each) Total Item Status
    25TH ANNIVERSARY AE 5 COIN SILVER SET 5 $299.95 $1,499.75 5 units backordered. Expected to ship on 11/13/2011. >>

My status advanced to ready to flip; oops I mean ready to ship.image
    theknowitalltroll;

<< <i>

Order Date:

Tracking Number(s):

(each) Total Item Status

My status advanced to ready to flip; oops I mean ready to ship.image >>

Lucky image
  • LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    Unless it is in stocked and in process, they are not ready to ship.
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Maybe I should just purchase this ebay pre-sell, graded pre-sell no less, and sell my sets sealed...oh, there is also one for RP, same grade and price - borderline ridiculous!

2011 American Eagle NGC MS69 Uncirculated from 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set
    ***PRESALE****NGC GRADED***S MINT MARK***

Item condition: --

Time left: 6d 12h (Nov 06, 201107:29:13 PST)

Price: US $449.00 Buy It NowBuy It Now

You are purchasing the 2011 American Eagle Uncirculated Coin with the "S" Mint Mark graded by NGC at MS69. This coin is from the recently released (and now sold out) 25th Anniversary sets and will be submitted for grading. This is a pre-sale, and the item will be shipped when received from NGC. The sets are designated to be mailed by mid-November, and I expect to have graded coins in my hand for shipping no later than early to mid December. These coins will be in extreme demand, so buy early! I have been selling on e-bay since it's inception in 1998, so please buy with complete confidence! I will keep all purchasers up to date with status along the way! Thanks for viewing and purchasing this truly unique coin!

This Buy-it-Now is for ONE coin. The Uncirculated Coin with the "S" (San Francisco) Mint Mark only! Thanks!

This coin is only available in the Anniversary set, and could be the most sought after coin in recent memory for American Eagle collectors!!!

<< <i>Unless it is in stocked and in process, they are not ready to ship. >>

You missed wiseass winky?image
    theknowitalltroll;

• Delivery between Nov 3 and 4, how do they get away with this stuff?

2011 American Eagle NGC 69 Reverse Proof from 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set
    ***PRESALE****NGC GRADED***

Item condition: --

Time left: 6d 12h (Nov 06, 201107:13:08 PST)

Price: US $449.00 Buy It NowBuy It NowBuy It Now

Special offer available on this and additional items!

Shipping: FREE Expedited ShippingSee more services See shipping discounts

See all shipping details

Delivery: Estimated between Thu. Nov. 3 and Fri. Nov. 4

• FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Linky

MJ is right again!

From above link, Comrade renman95 has the special distinction!!!

Quote: "I got your lowest right here, #38324xxx @ 10:00."

image >>

I think mine is pretty low... 6 minutes after it opened, it was complete: 38324xxx.

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • Tiggs2012Tiggs2012 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've talked to a couple people, seems orders of 1 set are being "processed" anything larger that that is still on hold... >>

My early order of 5 has moved to 'In Process' with eta of 11/14 ship shown. #38325x
  • ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    I read through a couple pages, but, didn't see answers to my questions.
    Can you guys help?

1. Can you send in a sealed box of 5 sets to PCGS and ask them to only grade one set and have them send back 4 raw sets?

2. Can you send in a sealed box of 5 sets to PCGS and ask them to only grade the 2 key coins in each set (grade 10 coins) and send back the other three (15 total coins) back raw?

3. Has PCGS put out a label number for the whole box set? Or do I have to list each coin individually? Basically, what is the easiest way to write up the form to send to PCGS?
    And if I need to list each individually for a whole set, what are the numbers for First Strike with the 25th Anniversary Label? I'm so confused!!! image

Thx, Tim
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I read through a couple pages, but, didn't see answers to my questions.
    Can you guys help?

1. Can you send in a sealed box of 5 sets to PCGS and ask them to only grade one set and have them send back 4 raw sets?

2. Can you send in a sealed box of 5 sets to PCGS and ask them to only grade the 2 key coins in each set (grade 10 coins) and send back the other three (15 total coins) back raw?

3. Has PCGS put out a label number for the whole box set? Or do I have to list each coin individually? Basically, what is the easiest way to write up the form to send to PCGS?
    And if I need to list each individually for a whole set, what are the numbers for First Strike with the 25th Anniversary Label? I'm so confused!!! image

Thx, Tim >>

1. Better to ask PCGS customer service, but in the past, the answer has been: No
    2. Same answer as above
    3. You would list each coin

You should relax though....there are still a couple of weeks, most likely, and I am sure PCGS will be all over this soon, and answers will be forthright on many of the threads here, incl this one.
    Any answer prior to PCGS giving some guidance will be premature.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

<< <i>Can you send in a sealed box of 5 sets to PCGS and ask them to only grade the 2 key coins in each set (grade 10 coins) and send back the other three (15 total coins) back raw? >>

Hopefully PCGS will soon publish submission guidelines/requirements for the ASE set.

IMO You should be able to remove the 2 key coins from the mint packaging and submit them by themselves to PCGS for First Strike if within 30 days or for the 25th label anytime after they are released. This is because they are being released only with the set, therefore no proof (sealed box) should be required. The advantage here is you would be able to screen the coins yourself before sending them in. However, note that with the 2006 20th Anniversary sets, PCGS required the Rev. Proof to be submitted in a sealed box to be eligible for First Strike.

The two "money" coins are apparently the only ones in the set eligible for first strike and it is still not clear if they can receive both special labels at the same time.

• don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    Order number: 38324XXX
    Order Date: 10/27/2011 at 12:03 AM
    Order Status: Your order request is on hold.

I just got an email saying the coins are on backorder. Ship date now shows as 11/14/2011
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file