Home U.S. Coin Forum

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These weaknesses are on direct opposite side of obverse and reverse. Like the planchet was thinner in that location. However, why would this be in the same location on more that one coin if it was from thinness? It would show up in random locations by luck as it was placed in the press. Hmmmmmm??

• SoundPointSoundPoint Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

<< <i>From my sons first Mint purchase:

Items included in this shipment:

1. 2010 ATB SILVER COIN - HOT SPRINGS (NP1) Qty : 1

2. 2011 UNCIRCULATED SET (U11) Qty : 1

Only problem is the puck was not in the shipment!!! Needless to say he is bummed and very frustrated. He was charged for the puck. I thought maybe there were two boxes coming but he only got one tracking number.
    The box says 0.9lbs. and that is what it weighs with just the uncirculated set. I guess we will be on the phone with the mint in the am.

I hate crud like this...why cant they just get it right?!?!?

Edit to add: So we log into his online account at the mint and it lists NO ORDERS in his account history. Geez!image >>

===========================================

BULLION is shipped separate. At least for this issue.
    Therefore, you will receive 2 packages, probably on different dates.

Best Of Luck!
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>From my sons first Mint purchase:

Items included in this shipment:

1. 2010 ATB SILVER COIN - HOT SPRINGS (NP1) Qty : 1

2. 2011 UNCIRCULATED SET (U11) Qty : 1

Only problem is the puck was not in the shipment!!! Needless to say he is bummed and very frustrated. He was charged for the puck. I thought maybe there were two boxes coming but he only got one tracking number.
    The box says 0.9lbs. and that is what it weighs with just the uncirculated set. I guess we will be on the phone with the mint in the am.

I hate crud like this...why cant they just get it right?!?!?

Edit to add: So we log into his online account at the mint and it lists NO ORDERS in his account history. Geez!image >>

There is likely a 2nd box coming. I had the same order you did, and only 1 tracking number. Got 2 boxes. (see earlier post by me Monday).
    One in each box. 2 tracking numbers ON THE BOXES (1 each) but only 1 at the mint. Give it a day or so and call the mint if you need after that. They are shipping, I believe, from 2 separate locations. 1 for the pucks and 1 for the other stuff like the mint set.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it rains -- it P-Pour's. And I don't stutter. (I thought)

Three arrived today. A fourth is on a slow boat to a POB. [Friends and family addy's] I opened one and it appears to be from the same die as Kud's pix.

Will this affect the grade?

I have to admit, these are quite spectacular. Although I think I like the mirrored finishes better on the bullion's, many are plagued with heavy die polish which isn't that attractive. The P's are more consistent in "look".
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,986 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got mine today - everything is perfect on the coin, only problem is a very small scratch above the T of STATES. wondering if I should return it......but I don't know if I would get a worst example.......what to do???? >>

If you return it, you may get a refund instead of a new coin since they may have sold out by now.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word on when Collector Coin/Puck #2 is going to be unleased by the Mint?
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just got mine today - everything is perfect on the coin, only problem is a very small scratch above the T of STATES. wondering if I should return it......but I don't know if I would get a worst example.......what to do???? >>

If you return it, you may get a refund instead of a new coin since they may have sold out by now. >>

I agree. You'll never get a replacement for it this point. You'll have to live with it or get your $$ back and have it go to someone else who's waiting for one.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Any word on when Collector Coin/Puck #2 is going to be unleased by the Mint? >>

I'm pretty sure that was already announced, think it's May 17th...Re-read through the past few days..

<< <i>

<< <i>Any word on when Collector Coin/Puck #2 is going to be unleased by the Mint? >>

I'm pretty sure that was already announced, think it's May 17th...Re-read through the past few days.. >>

Noon EDST 17 May

"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

edited to white balance photo correctly >>

Looks like die damage. Perhaps the upper die slipped in its die holder and came down at an angle, clashing against this die in an arc. It might then have been smoothed down and reused.

Since the Mint can't hub these dies and has to cut them with a laser, which I imagine must take some time considering the size of the dies, they might try to extend die life. This is all speculation on my part.

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
    My ATB 5oz coin just came and it doesn't show these defects.

• heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭
    Received mine. Very nice. It will take a lot of effort NOT to use it as a drink coaster. It is the perfect size and would make a great conversation piece on the coffee table. Lol
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

These have been Wait Listed.

Sold Out

• 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>These have been Wait Listed.

Sold Out >>

Waiting List Notice: The number of orders we have taken meets the maximum limit for the 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin™ - Hot Springs National Park Coin. Congrats goes out to laserart with the guess of May 8th 3pm. for the sellout contests. Thanks to everyone who played..........Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • June 4th is cutoff date for FS for these.

• << <i>These have been Wait Listed.

Sold Out >>

My wife doesn't know it but she ordered one at 730am..not sold out at that point....maybe she'll get the last one before the rejects go to the waiting list crowd
  • REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Yellowstone will sell out quicker than the Arkansas Bidet.
  • 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, everybody has an opinion but I am with you on the "bidet" as it is rather atrocious. Well, bought one anyway...I want the Vicksburg, whenever the da-- '11s come out...
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think Yellowstone will sell out quicker than the Arkansas Bidet. >>

For the simple manimage A bidet is a low-mounted plumbing fixture or type of sink intended for washing the genitalia, inner buttocks, and anus. Originally a French word, in English bidet is pronounced /bɨˈdeɪ/ (American English) or /ˈbi¢°deɪ/ (British English)Text
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any bets on the price dropping on the Yellowstone or others with the drop in silver? Getting 10 this year vs 5 is going to be a bite, might have to mix it up with the 'bullion' ones.

• << <i>

For the simple manimage A bidet is a low-mounted plumbing fixture or type of sink intended for washing the genitalia, inner buttocks, and anus. Originally a French word, in English bidet is pronounced /bɨˈdeɪ/ (American English) or /ˈbi¢°deɪ/ (British English)Text >>

So that is what the managers at Jack Hunt and The Gold Center use to wash themselves????
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

For the simple manimage A bidet is a low-mounted plumbing fixture or type of sink intended for washing the genitalia, inner buttocks, and anus. Originally a French word, in English bidet is pronounced /bɨˈdeɪ/ (American English) or /ˈbi¢°deɪ/ (British English)Text >>

So that is what the managers at Jack Hunt and The Gold Center use to wash themselves???? >>

Actually after screwing the general public they made enough money to hire servants that bath them, similar to Eddie Murphy in Coming to America.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Thanks all for the advise in regards to shipping and not everything coming in one box even with one tracking number. My son and I will wait and see if another box shows up today before we get too excited with the lack of a puck in the box.
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    does anyone know what the mintage of Yellowstone will be?
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>does anyone know what the mintage of Yellowstone will be? >>

27,000 2010 P collector version
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    pitboss, yellowstone is going to have the same mintage as Hot Springs? Wow, I thought they were going to increase mintages after Hot Springs.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.

Won't that depend on the price of silver and what the mint will be charging for this coin? If the premium over melt is high, I can see a few collectors opting out.

• << <i>

Won't that depend on the price of silver and what the mint will be charging for this coin? If the premium over melt is high, I can see a few collectors opting out. >>

The price was set a few days ago....same as the HS

<< <i>

Won't that depend on the price of silver and what the mint will be charging for this coin? If the premium over melt is high, I can see a few collectors opting out. >>

The press release has it holding at the same $279. I doubt they'll drop it for this one...or the rest of the 2010 ones. That's my guess anyway.
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>does anyone know what the mintage of Yellowstone will be? >>

All of the 2010 five ounce "P"ucks were made last year, and they minted 27,000 of each, not counting the $$$$errors$$$$ which will probably end up on Fred Weinberg's site..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭
    I prefer the Hot Springs over the Hood. At least the Hot Springs is more detailed.

<< <i>

<< <i>

The press release has it holding at the same $279. I doubt they'll drop it for this one...or the rest of the 2010 ones. That's my guess anyway. >>

I was more concerned with the price of silver plummeting. Down over $3 per oz so far today.

True. The bullion ones should fluctuate, but I doubt the mint will lower since they got a taste of that sweet sweet $56/oz price with the Hot Springs.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Nicely descripted. Got the visual. image
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    I was thinkin'.. that Hot Springs fountain reminded me of something.. I couldn't quite put my finger on it.. then, like a bolt outta the blue..

If you take Mr. Android Logo's head off, and flip it upside down, then remove his torso, and put his inverted head on his legs..

You almost sorta kinda get this..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..

• << <i>June 4th is cutoff date for FS for these. >>

I do not see that listed anywhere on the FS eligibility date list...where did it come from and what about the 2011 bullion FS ...also not listed

Edited to add: I see that as the ATS cutoff date (6/1 for the two 2011 bullion pucks) but do not see a PCGS date
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << Any word on when Collector Coin/Puck #2 is going to be unleased by the Mint? >>

<<I'm pretty sure that was already announced, think it's May 17th...Re-read through the past few days.. >>

<<Noon EDST 17 May >>

Really??? How odd...starting sales on a Tuesday and not a Thursday?

Thanks for the info.
  • alhasalhas Posts: 85 ✭✭

<< <i>The Mint's capsules are different than the Z5 air-tite direct fits.

both were easy to open for me. I opened both with just my hands. >>

MsMorrisine,
    Thanks for the response!
    1. Could you please explain the difference between Mint's Capsule and Z5?
    2. Is there a place I can purchase an Air-Tite for the pucks, which are like the ones used for the proof ASE, AGE, APE, Gold Buffalo, etc.?
  • RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077
    The mint capsules have a 100% better fit than the Z5. The Z5 leaves 3-4mm "airspace" between the surfaces of the coin and the capsule. The mint capsules are a "custom" fit.
  • 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>June 4th is cutoff date for FS for these. >>

I do not see that listed anywhere on the FS eligibility date list...where did it come from and what about the 2011 bullion FS ...also not listed >>

I called customer service. June 4 is the cutoff date for the P minted Hot Springs. Don't know about the 2011 bullions.

• drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    When I look at the bullion ATBs prices, I don't see enough difference in price to justify the expense of 1st Strike. Am I right?
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When I look at the bullion ATBs prices, I don't see enough difference in price to justify the expense of 1st Strike. Am I right? >>

Depends what happens in the future. For today's prices, you may be right. In 6+ months....who knows?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• I have 3 of the P pucks in the family all have the wave in spring and weakness in quarter but to different degrees. go figure.
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my Hot Springs 2010-P from the Mint today. They shipped it UPS even though I didn't pay for expedited. Nice.

I ordered mine a little after 8pm EDT on the first day and it took around 2-3 minutes for my entire order to go through... so glad I didn't fight the ordering system earlier in the day like so many others image

The coin looks alright I guess, but it's pretty boring compared to the DMPL bullion versions. Those are just way cooler looking to me.
  • they're gone.....
    Waiting List Notice: The number of orders we have taken meets the maximum limit for the 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin™ - Hot Springs National Park Coin. You may still place an order for this product, which will go on a waiting list. If a product becomes available due to an order cancellation, we will fulfill orders from the waiting list on a first-in, first-served basis. We cannot provide information about your position on the waiting list.

• paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

I ordered mine in the first hour and a half they went on sale. Still no puck. Called them today. On phone 20 mins while they tried to figure out where it was. Said it went out last week but I never got it. Told me to call back in a few days if it doesn't come in. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    what do they mean "out", did they give you a tracking number ?

(l8-)>>

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I ordered mine in the first hour and a half they went on sale. Still no puck. Called them today. On phone 20 mins while they tried to figure out where it was. Said it went out last week but I never got it. Told me to call back in a few days if it doesn't come in. image >>

some agents are more clued than others.

try calling in again and see if you can get a tracking number for it.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1800 minus 1 :

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file