Home U.S. Coin Forum

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

They said it should have been in the box that I received yesterday with the 100 coin bag of Ystone quarters that I had also ordered. When I pointed out that the packing list only had the quarters on it they said to wait a few days then call back. Either way, their website still shows both items as reserved and unshipped and my credit card still has not been charged. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just off the phone with them, They told me it will ship out in the A.M. and all are gone they are only takeing back orders on this one. Next will be this tuesday same price and order limit. I'll be in buying. image

Hoard the keys.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They said it should have been in the box that I received yesterday with the 100 coin bag of Ystone quarters that I had also ordered. When I pointed out that the packing list only had the quarters on it they said to wait a few days then call back. Either way, their website still shows both items as reserved and unshipped and my credit card still has not been charged. image >>

wait it out.

they are also shipping things without a tracking number. that happened to you.

they will catch up and correct it.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They said it should have been in the box that I received yesterday with the 100 coin bag of Ystone quarters that I had also ordered. When I pointed out that the packing list only had the quarters on it they said to wait a few days then call back. Either way, their website still shows both items as reserved and unshipped and my credit card still has not been charged. image >>

When the 1st level drones tell you that kind of stuff, ask (nicely) to speak to a supervisor. Make sure you have their name before you do so, and then ask the supervisor what was up. They have a bit more in the way of tools and information at their disposal and they aren't usually on a time quota, per customer, like the 1st levels are. (don't know if this is 100% of what PBGS is but I know when I was customer service, it was true (I was one of the supes).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

You're not making me feel any better cuz that was the supe! I think I messed myself up when I called them back later that day & had them change my shipping address from my PO Box to my street address so I could get the overnight delivery upgrade. I have the feeling the rep may have done something at that point to screw things up. First time I've ever had a problem with them. Hopefully it'll eventually get here. Guess when I order next week I'll just place the order for the puck only and let it ship to the PO Box. It'll be slow but at least I should get it.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Received mine yesterday via UPS. Are these worth the expense of slabbing or just keeping raw?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

I saw a friend's today & his sure looked flawless. Didn't have any of the issues that have been discussed here. So if yours is like that I would think it would be worth it to have it graded. Who knows, might just get that mythical 70.

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>Received mine yesterday via UPS. Are these worth the expense of slabbing or just keeping raw? >>

Good question. I'm going to wait it out and see how many get the 70 (if any at all). Judging by the one I have, and with the pics online, I think many of these might go 70.
  • With the spot price dropping to $33 the next P puck will take MUCH longer to sell out at $23/ounce premium
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭
    You are paying a $115.75 premium or 58% premium for the P Puck Yellowstone now with Silver at $32.65 at 7:39 AM today.
  • The 1st hour of the sale will be the same with everyone trying to be the 1st to order..... after that I bet an order can be placed in a few minutes...
  • GATGAT Posts: 3,146

<< <i>You are paying a $115.75 premium or 58% premium for the P Puck Yellowstone now with Silver at $32.65 at 7:39 AM today. >>

No way am I paying that premium. I can see these going the way of the first few First Spouse gold coins. If anybody remembers the first two, Washington and Adams, jumped to a big premium and then settled back. The third, Jefferson sold out fast but never reached much of a premium. The only thing that saved these first few coins was the increase in gold prices. I don't see this happening with silver today.

Edited to correct typo.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Received mine yesterday via UPS. Are these worth the expense of slabbing or just keeping raw? >>

If I choose not to slab is there any steps I should take to store the 2 I have? I had planned on just keeping them in their mint boxes and storing in my safe or safety deposit box.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,986 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Received mine yesterday via UPS. Are these worth the expense of slabbing or just keeping raw? >>

If I choose not to slab is there any steps I should take to store the 2 I have? I had planned on just keeping them in their mint boxes and storing in my safe or safety deposit box. >>

As long as you keep them in their capsules and store them in a cool dry space, they should be fine.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But if you open the box you will not get 1st strike you will need to send it in ASAP to get it.

Hoard the keys.

I'd certainly give them an acetone bath before storing. General instructions can be found here:

Acetone Bath

I usually use 2 bowls of acetone with an additional 2 bowl rinse of distilled water, followed with a blow dryer.

~ Vince Lombardi

<< <i>I'd certainly give them an acetone bath before storing. General instructions can be found here:

Acetone Bath

I usually use 2 bowls of acetone with an additional 2 bowl rinse of distilled water, followed with a blow dryer. >>

I have never done that with Mint products before.............any thoughts from others?

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    Do you put your hand in the acetone to get the coin out?

<< <i>But if you open the box you will not get 1st strike you will need to send it in ASAP to get it. >>

Very good point, I have been so caught up in the bullion version I had completely forgotten about first strike. I kinda like the current Mint setup so I guess I need to decide if they are worth sending in to be graded. In the long run what do you think will hold it's value better?

<< <i>Do you put your hand in the acetone to get the coin out? >>

I do, but most here will tell you not to. Some will say to use cotton gloves, but it seems that would be worse, as the cotton would become saturated with acetone & keep it against your skin.

~ Vince Lombardi

<< <i>

<< <i>Do you put your hand in the acetone to get the coin out? >>

I do, but most here will tell you not to. Some will say to use cotton gloves, but it seems that would be worse, as the cotton would become saturated with acetone & keep it against your skin. >>

I assume if your hands are clean and you just touch the edges it should be fine.

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you all grading these or not?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Leaving it raw. Maybe even boxed up.
    In order for me to even think about sending it in for grading, it would have to be worth it, financially.
    Otherwise, little upside, lot of cost, doesn't make it worth it.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

<< <i>Nope. Leaving it raw. Maybe even boxed up.
    In order for me to even think about sending it in for grading, it would have to be worth it, financially.
    Otherwise, little upside, lot of cost, doesn't make it worth it. >>

I'm with you. The confounding however is that by the time that we know what the 70FS/ERs will bring, it may be too late to submit for same.

I actually like these better than the bullion versions and they look nice in the OGP.

• hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    Acetone is VERY hazardous stuff.. make sure if you use it, that you do so in a well-ventilated area, and try to avoid breathing its fumes, because you can do permanent damage to your sinuses, lungs and other meat, by breathing in its vapors.. it evaporates into the air very quickly.. if you get any on your skin, wash it off as quickly as possible.. this is not a chemical to be taken lightly..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    I received mine this am. I might even use it as a coffee coaster at work, where the strike is so weak on the underside of the "Quarter Dollar". Have there been many "hammered"?
    Paul
    Haven't even opened my 5. Will remained sealed with the FS option. Submitting now is not worth the expense. Its a gamble but will wait a year to see if there is still any interest left in these P pucks and waiting for the final P mintages of the 2011. The 2011's mintages will be a better gauge of interest in these if they are beyond the 27K for the 2010 Ps.

• << <i>Acetone is VERY hazardous stuff.. make sure if you use it, that you do so in a well-ventilated area, and try to avoid breathing its fumes, because you can do permanent damage to your sinuses, lungs and other meat, by breathing in its vapors.. it evaporates into the air very quickly.. if you get any on your skin, wash it off as quickly as possible.. this is not a chemical to be taken lightly.. >>

Good advice, also a hazard associated with acetone is its extreme flammability. At temperatures greater than acetone's flash point of −20 °C (−4 °F), air mixtures of between 2.5% and 12.8% acetone by volume, may explode or cause a flash fire. Vapors can flow along surfaces to distant ignition sources and flash back. Static discharge may also ignite acetone vapors.
    Use it outside.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,986 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Acetone is VERY hazardous stuff.. make sure if you use it, that you do so in a well-ventilated area, and try to avoid breathing its fumes, because you can do permanent damage to your sinuses, lungs and other meat, by breathing in its vapors.. it evaporates into the air very quickly.. if you get any on your skin, wash it off as quickly as possible.. this is not a chemical to be taken lightly.. >>

It's extremely flamable so don't use it around any electical device that may create a spark and don't smoke while using it.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Nope. Leaving it raw. Maybe even boxed up.
    Otherwise, little upside, lot of cost, doesn't make it worth it. >>

I'm with you. The confounding however is that by the time that we know what the 70FS/ERs will bring, it may be too late to submit for same.

I actually like these better than the bullion versions and they look nice in the OGP. >>

Not mine but this is the first PCGS graded SP70 on Ebay that i saw today...This will be interesting to see by the time this auction ends... Link to Ebay Auction image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
    Interesting. So 70s are being made, whereas the bullion-the highest so far is just 69. Maybe I should open my boxes. I would rather try to make them than buy them.

<< <i> ............ Not mine but this is the first PCGS graded SP70 on Ebay that i saw today...This will be interesting to see by the time this auction ends...

Link to Ebay Auction image >>

Ouch! He didn't key it with a "P". Anyone looking for a P puck will never see this.

~ Vince Lombardi

• << ............ Not mine but this is the first PCGS graded SP70 on Ebay that i saw today...This will be interesting to see by the time this auction ends...

Link to Ebay Auction >>

Ouch! He didn't key it with a "P". Anyone looking for a P puck will never see this.

***********************************************************************************************************************

So I entered the cert # on the Cert Verification. As this was graded and is someones hand (as its listed)
    why would this not show on the PCGS Cert Verification.

Anyone ?

• << <i>

<< <i> ............ Not mine but this is the first PCGS graded SP70 on Ebay that i saw today...This will be interesting to see by the time this auction ends...

Link to Ebay Auction image >>

Ouch! He didn't key it with a "P". Anyone looking for a P puck will never see this. >>

Could be an intentional omission? When I first saw it I thought it was the first MS70 bullion version (didn't know what a SP70 was until I looked it up on the PCGS site). I think a lot of folks might get fooled, especially since he compares it to MS69DMPL bullion coins...
    FWIW
    I sort of get why folks pay a premium for a sealed box, but seriously, mine was sealed with a single strip of clear packing tape... I could have resealed it very easily if I wanted to do so. It's hard to believe PCGS honors the shipping date for First Strike eligiblity based on that single strip of clear tape.
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd certainly give them an acetone bath before storing. General instructions can be found here:

Acetone Bath

I usually use 2 bowls of acetone with an additional 2 bowl rinse of distilled water, followed with a blow dryer. >>

Just gave mine a bath. I let it soak, with periodic agitation and sloshing back and forth, in the Acetone for 20 minutes. Then a distilled water soak with more agitation and sloshing for 20 more minutes. Hair drier blown dry both sides so no water spots. Cool down on a clean cotton cloth (t-shirt). Reinserted into capsule. Looks real nice. And what a residue in the bottom of the Pyrex Acetone container. Who woulda thought such smutz and crud would come on mint fresh coin. Glad I did it.

• hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    "SP" is the designation given to the Matte-finish Kennedy Half, from the 1998 RFK / JFK set.. but you all know that.. (damn, I wish I had bought a bunch of those when the Mint released them).. they were cheap!..

Mr. Apparently First PCGS SP70 HS "P" on eBay got the Mintage figure wrong.. it'll be interesting to see the final hammer price..

MCM is already advertising NGC SP69s and SP70s in-stock..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    The SP70 on eBay has the SPRINGS issue??? I can't tell from the pic if it has the RT weakness too... image

Edited: I also see rim dings. image
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    I have been able to look at 3, one being mine and 2 others.

all 3 are hammerd and seeing that slab makes me wanna send all 3 out.

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So I entered the cert # on the Cert Verification. As this was graded and is someones hand (as its listed)
    why would this not show on the PCGS Cert Verification.

Anyone ? >>

Chinese slab?
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    probably had it hand carried, received results and posted them on ebay before the "system" could record them. frequently I receive my email, check the order page, and the cert numbers don't yet track, takes a while sometime.

(l8-)>>

• I just received my quarter dollar.
    I like the finish compared to the bullion that I held on to for one day because I could not resist the profit.
    It would grade 69 or 70 but I agree with Raufus that they look nice in the OGP.
  • UNLVinoUNLVino Posts: 416
    UGH, Keep playing hide and go seek with the UPS man! HOPEFULLY they will have my puck at the office tomorrow and I can post the much anticipated 1 Kilo Vs. 5 oz PuckAburra as promised - may just start a separate thread with the pic though.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    05/17/2011 – Yellowstone National Park
  • Ups tried to deliver my P 2 days in a row and missed anyone at my house...amazingly he drove by again the second day at the end of his shift and my wife was here. How cool is that! My coin is very well struck with none of the issues I have seen reported but does have a tiny nick on the eyebrow visible to the naked eye. Not that I am sending it in for grading but I assume that would max it at a 69. Still happy with the coin overall.

<< <i>05/17/2011 – Yellowstone National Park >>

I wonder whether they will sell our faster being far more popular. I plan to let the dust settle a bit this time instead of going at a snail's pace at noon.
  • Well its nice to know that the mint will be putting up the next coins every 2 - 3 weeks. I know I will be buying. but... Will others? Especially with the value of silver pretty much falling?

Anyways the coin I think to watch is the Uncirculated Grand Canyon coin. I'm from California and that's the coin I want. I could careless about the rest.
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have the complete set. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be nice is a price adjustment. For what, $130~ more you can get the 2 coin deal over at apmex for the 2011s.

<< <i>What would be nice is a price adjustment. For what, $130~ more you can get the 2 coin deal over at apmex for the 2011s. >>

Agreed but aren't the amount minted much more?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file