Home U.S. Coin Forum

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i wonder if we will have edge lettering variances A / B nowimage
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Just checked mine on Fedex, looks like the weight is 1 lb. Isn't that kind of light?
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just checked mine on Fedex, looks like the weight is 1 lb. Isn't that kind of light? >>

It's only a 5 oz. coin image

Some of the 5 coin 2010 sets were shipped FedEx with a 2 lb. weight marked on the label.
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>Just checked mine on Fedex, looks like the weight is 1 lb. Isn't that kind of light? >>

Mine now shows up on UPS Tracking as "label created - waiting for UPS (to pick-up)".. and also shows a weight of one pound, delivery next business day between 1030am and noon, signature required..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • alhasalhas Posts: 85 ✭✭
    2010 Yellowstone National Park 5-ounce silver coin would go on sale May 17:

http://www.numismaticnews.net/article/Yellowstone_5_ounce_next_in_line/
    Here's the first HS "P" listed as "in-hand" that I can find on eBay.. there may be others, but this is the only "in-hand" I found searching for "Hot Springs 5oz P" (sans quotes)..

Link

One, washed-out photo, that doesn't show the reverse.. if not for some barely-readable text in the far, lower right-hand corner of the COA, one wouldn't even know what this is..

Looks like he spent all of 2 seconds creating the listing.. image

Actually, I found one other one listed as "in-hand" with that search, in a PCGS MS67PL slab, but it's the Bullion version, not the P "collectors" version, even though he used "P" in his title.. mistakenly, or deceptively.. you decide..

Not a "P" link

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why buy one on the secondary market if they are still available directly from the mint or has the mint already sold out?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Actually, I found one other one listed as "in-hand" with that search, in a PCGS MS67PL slab, but it's the Bullion version, not the P "collectors" version, even though he used "P" in his title.. mistakenly, or deceptively.. you decide.. Not a "P" link >>

Actually he ran out of characters for the "L" like in PL.

BTW, he's a board member
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's the first HS "P" listed as "in-hand" that I can find on eBay.. there may be others, but this is the only "in-hand" I found searching for "Hot Springs 5oz P" (sans quotes)..

Link

One, washed-out photo, that doesn't show the reverse.. if not for some barely-readable text in the far, lower right-hand corner of the COA, one wouldn't even know what this is..

Looks like he spent all of 2 seconds creating the listing.. image

Actually, I found one other one listed as "in-hand" with that search, in a PCGS MS67PL slab, but it's the Bullion version, not the P "collectors" version, even though he used "P" in his title.. mistakenly, or deceptively.. you decide..

Not a "P" link >>

What about THIS one image

This One...
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL

<< <i>
    What about THIS one image

This One... >>

Hmm.. I DID find that one after my earlier post, after scrolling down a couple more pages of listings.. (I have my eBay settings set to show me fifty items per page per search)..

Is that one yours?..

I found the question to the seller and the answer entertaining.. I'm easily amused.. image

<< <i>Why buy one on the secondary market if they are still available directly from the mint or has the mint already sold out? >>

They haven't put up the "no longer available" or "waiting list" signs yet.. why?.. No idea.. I find it hard to believe they haven't sold all 27,000 yet..

"A limit of one (1) coin per household is in effect for the first week of this product’s release. At the end of this period, the United States Mint will re-evaluate this limit and either extend, adjust or remove it."..

So.. it's been a week.. but looking at the item's sales page, there's no indication that they did any of those things yet.. unless they're NOT sold out..

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one on the way today...ordered pre-crash.

My other order's cancel box is gone...post-crash.

These pucks have gone from nearly $250 in bullion to $175!
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    37343xxx shipped today and the tracking number is working.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>These pucks have gone from nearly $250 in bullion to $175! >>

I wonder if the Yellowstone pucks going on sale on May 17 will be priced lower to reflect the lower price of silver.

"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 37362xxx changed from on hold to in process today. Still no cancel box, though I have no intention of doing so.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My HS puck arrived this morning. It's actually a better-looking coin than I thought it would be. Here are a couple of quickie photos.

Jim

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666
    mine will be here monday. when i read they would be vapor blasted i figured most all will grade 69 and 70. the finish will hide small imperfections present before the blasting. from the photos i have seen they all look perfect.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
    They really don't look bad. I still can't figure out why the Mint never posted a decent picture of it.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

<< <i>

I wonder if the Yellowstone pucks going on sale on May 17 will be priced lower to reflect the lower price of silver. >>

my guess is no.

the announcement in the Federal Register was "2010 pucks will be priced at $275." I'd venture a guess that they'd up the price, but I'll bet they don't lower it duw to their overhead and the packaging costs.

but that is just a guess.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My HS puck arrived this morning. It's actually a better-looking coin than I thought it would be. Here are a couple of quickie photos.

Jim >>

Now That Is a Beauty! image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RPM on the 2010-P HS ATB?

• << <i>

I wonder if the Yellowstone pucks going on sale on May 17 will be priced lower to reflect the lower price of silver. >>

Depends I guess on what happens to the price of silver next week.
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the photos!

Now I am more excited about receiving mine and that finish much better allows the pocket coin potential!

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

<< <i>
    Now I am more excited about receiving mine and that finish much better allows the pocket coin potential!

Miles >>

It's neat to see. You can tell where imperfections were sand blasted away if you look hard enough under magnification. Hopefully, PCGS doesn't go that deep to find the flaws. There are still a decent amount of dings underneath the finish they put on, they are just really weak looking.
    Also, these might need to be dipped in acetone. Both of the ones I have received have small white spots on them, looks like some cleaning solution or maybe lubricant from manufacturing. Sad thing is these still have a decent amount of nicks on the rims, I think 70's are going to be very hard to come by.
    I wonder how much metal, if any, is abraded away by the vapor blasting?
  • newnotesnewnotes Posts: 65 ✭✭
    If we are impressed with the end product of this design--then how impressed are we going to be with some of the better designed releases? This could end up being a great set to try to finish someday. Has there been any information on how many of the 2011 P's the Mint is striking? If it stays 27,000 and the price of silver tanks some more--these could be difficult to get on release day.

• << <i>Has there been any information on how many of the 2011 P's the Mint is striking? >>

Nope. Been looking for that info for quite awhile, with no success whatsoever.
  • UNLVinoUNLVino Posts: 416
    for those who have it, I anxiously await mine! I plan to set it beside my 1 Kilo Kookaburra - I think that will be a very cool comparison and while I know 5 oz vs. 1 kilo is a BIG difference, it will be cool to see and I plan to share. Although this morning mine still showed reserved... ugh.. but Silver can hit $2.00 / oz - I still LOVE the PUCK and I would STILL pay $279.00 as I bought a one of a kind.. well ok one of 27,000 collectible that will be with me for a very, very long time.. most likely will be passed down to one of my kids one day versus selling. Thus I COLLECT, I don't really FLIP.. unless someone makes an offer I cannot refuse, then, well, gotta do what you gotta do.. but my BUY decisions are based on what I want to OWN.. I guess that's why I still own my 1 Kilo Kookaburra! So at least you'll get a side by side post once I get my 5 ozer... for those who appreciate the Kook!
  • sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 831 ✭✭✭
    Nice pic's Co coin ut !!!

Mine is due to be here on Monday (# 373550xx)
  • 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    The week is up. Can we now buy more? Anyone know?image
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

<< <i>for those who have it, I anxiously await mine! I plan to set it beside my 1 Kilo Kookaburra - I think that will be a very cool comparison and while I know 5 oz vs. 1 kilo is a BIG difference, it will be cool to see and I plan to share. Although this morning mine still showed reserved... ugh.. but Silver can hit $2.00 / oz - I still LOVE the PUCK and I would STILL pay $279.00 as I bought a one of a kind.. well ok one of 27,000 collectible that will be with me for a very, very long time.. most likely will be passed down to one of my kids one day versus selling. Thus I COLLECT, I don't really FLIP.. unless someone makes an offer I cannot refuse, then, well, gotta do what you gotta do.. but my BUY decisions are based on what I want to OWN.. I guess that's why I still own my 1 Kilo Kookaburra! So at least you'll get a side by side post once I get my 5 ozer... for those who appreciate the Kook! >>

Cant wait to see the pics. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny

<< <i>

<< <i>

my guess is no.

the announcement in the Federal Register was "2010 pucks will be priced at $275." I'd venture a guess that they'd up the price, but I'll bet they don't lower it duw to their overhead and the packaging costs.

but that is just a guess. >>

I think you're right. The higher the premium over melt value, the lower the demand will be. It will take longer to sell out the next few ATB pucks assuming they actually sell out.

• << <i>So.. it's been a week.. but looking at the item's sales page, there's no indication that they did any of those things yet.. unless they're NOT sold out.. >>

With the cancellations related to spot silver price I bet they are not sold out yet or, if they are, they are hedging a bit to accommodate potential cancellations.

I bought this one as a collector coin and the purchase was NOT related to spot silver price.....It is the one set I will collect. The bullion pucks will be bought and sold to fund this collection.

Edited to add:

<< <i> I wonder if the Yellowstone pucks going on sale on May 17 will be priced lower to reflect the lower price of silver. >>

Where was it announced that the next P puck sale will be May 17th?? I must have missed that....I doubt it would be on a Tuesday but it's possible

• 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So.. it's been a week.. but looking at the item's sales page, there's no indication that they did any of those things yet.. unless they're NOT sold out.. >>

With the cancellations related to spot silver price I bet they are not sold out yet or, if they are, they are hedging a bit to accommodate potential cancellations.

I bought this one as a collector coin and the purchase was NOT related to spot silver price.....It is the one set I will collect. The bullion pucks will be bought and sold to fund this collection. >>

image mine is in the mail expected on monday and after watching the bullion version antics I too will get rid of the bullion and concentrate on the mints version.Enjoyimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
    Scheduled Delivery:
    Monday, 05/09/2011, by 10:30 A.M.
    Last Location:
    Departed - Albuquerque, NM, United States, Saturday, 05/07/2011
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Scheduled Delivery:
    Last Location:
    Departed - Albuquerque, NM, United States, Saturday, 05/07/2011 >>

They should have just delivered it to my house here in Albuquerque !

<< <i>

<< <i>Scheduled Delivery:
    Last Location:
    Departed - Albuquerque, NM, United States, Saturday, 05/07/2011 >>

They should have just delivered it to my house here in Albuquerque ! >>

imageimage
    On the Reverse, what's the little doohickey (technical term) that looks like a shield, just above the horizontal whatchamacallit (technical term), to the right of the right-hand thingie (technical term)?..

By the way, the Mint's site refuses to let me log into my account, for some unknown reason.. I've got the UPS Tracking information, so that's fine.. I can just follow it on ups.com, but when I try to look at my US Mint account, or past orders, or anything account-related, or even log-off, it returns an error URL.. is anyone else experiencing this?.. I cleared all usmint.gov cookies in Firefox, cleared the cache, but the problem persists.. it was working fine yesterday, and the day before, and all last week..

• agentjim007agentjim007 Posts: 6,256
    Mint really was is a hurry to get these out before cancellations. Mine was shipped today Saturday 05/07/2011. When did the mint start working weekends?

<< <i>On the Reverse, what's the little doohickey (technical term) that looks like a shield, just above the horizontal whatchamacallit (technical term), to the right of the right-hand thingie (technical term. >>

National Park Service sign or logo in the shape of an arrowhead.

• agentjim007agentjim007 Posts: 6,256
    it looks like a drinking fountain on an alter. No wonder everyone wants one. image
    Here's an actual photograph of the front of the building depicted on the Reverse of the coin, shot from farther away, and at an angle.. buncha other shots around the place on that page..

Link
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>.....I bought this one as a collector coin and the purchase was NOT related to spot silver price.....It is the one set I will collect. The bullion pucks will be bought and sold to fund this collection.
    >>

Ditto for me.

Joe

<< <i>The week is up. Can we now buy more? Anyone know?image >>

still 1 per HH

go to the product page and check:

Ordering Limits:
    A limit of one (1) coin per household is in effect for the first week of this product’s release. At the end of this period, the United States Mint will re-evaluate this limit and either extend, adjust or remove it.

<< <i>On the Reverse, what's the little doohickey (technical term) that looks like a shield, just above the horizontal whatchamacallit (technical term), to the right of the right-hand thingie (technical term)? >>

That is a National Park Service sign.

<< <i>Mint really was is a hurry to get these out before cancellations. Mine was shipped today Saturday 05/07/2011. When did the mint start working weekends? >>

at least since last year.

The mint has an internal ship time target of 7 days for in stock items.

when they get backed up, they will sometimes work on Sat.

<< <i>

<< <i>So.. it's been a week.. but looking at the item's sales page, there's no indication that they did any of those things yet.. unless they're NOT sold out.. >>

I bought this one as a collector coin and the purchase was NOT related to spot silver price.....It is the one set I will collect. The bullion pucks will be bought and sold to fund this collection.

Edited to add:

<< <i> I wonder if the Yellowstone pucks going on sale on May 17 will be priced lower to reflect the lower price of silver. >>

Where was it announced that the next P puck sale will be May 17th?? I must have missed that....I doubt it would be on a Tuesday but it's possible >>

It's not on the mint schedule

but Numismatic News said the Mint Announced it on May 4 that it is May 17

and I do not see the Mint PR on their web site

• << <i>Mint really was is a hurry to get these out before cancellations. Mine was shipped today Saturday 05/07/2011. When did the mint start working weekends? >>

Thanks for the post. I had given up for the weekend but just checked and mine has shipped today too. Though I got scared for just a second as first glance said my order was closed!

For those that have not shipped and are trying to figure out this FIFO process if true, I ordered right as the website came back up from the full crash. Placed around 1:50pm.

Of course I head out of state for work tomorrow and won't get back until after the coin has arrived. My wife has taken a liking to opening my coins first image Luckily she is very careful with them image

<< <i>

That is a National Park Service sign.

image >>

Thanks.. have a

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file