Home U.S. Coin Forum

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The coin was shipped to a friends house, he is shipping it to me. I will take a picture as soon as I get it along with shipping date so you will know I wasn't pulling your leg.
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<The PCGS forum good guy award! >>

More like "The Cynical Numismatist Anti-B.S. Award!"
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    ATTENTION!!!!! FIRST PHOTOS BELOW! It has a SUPER satin finish

<I win!!!!> image

Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    I'm underwhelmed.
  • Looks like you might have a double strike on the "Q" in quarter.

<< <i>Looks like you might have a double strike on the "Q" in quarter. >>

Took a 2nd look. It's an optical illusion. I dont see it in hand.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm underwhelmed. >>

Ya I was kinda hoping for vapor blasted sparks-flames and stuff too, but overall I like it...image
  • Schmitz7Schmitz7 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭
    It looks like the same finish that the 1994 and 1997 Jefferson nickels in the special sets were given.
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    (System double posted...So here goes...)

Is this sold out by now?
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
    I cant see the pics Don. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
  • MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

I just ordered one directly from the Mint.
    In their description, they mentioned that
    the rendition of George Washington was
    identical to the original rendering of John
    Flanagan. The image posted here looks
    very similar to the "spaghetti hair" we
    have been subjected to over the years.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
    I like it...and don't kill me, but I like the sandblasted dull look better than the blindingly flashly look.

I just find any hairlines and obvious blemishes on large shiny coins such as these to be distracting.
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    The mint mark area is interesting. Sort of a triangle shape "underneath" it. I figured, since they used the same dies as the bullion pucks, that the mint mark would have been included on the edge.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pics Don -- yes YOU WIN!

Your reward very well may be a fat BIN on your ebay listing.

The rumor that these really don't exist has now been squashed. Thanks!
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So does this mean no DMPLs for these? Maybe a better chance at MS70?

Although the P seems somewhat attractive, those deep mirrors are quite appealing on the former.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • I have absolutely zero interest in these issues.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    What an oddity these ATBs are.
    The Proof version is the Bullion issue.
    The non-Proof finish is being sold by the Mint!

Loves me some shiny!
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I like the deep mirrors better.
    Me too
  • PeaceBDPeaceBD Posts: 234
    I like the vapor- blast look better.
    WOW! I love this sand blasted look! It will compliment the 1st issue PL's set. Put them side by side when you complete the 1st issue "P" set and i am sure it will just take your breath away. Combined with both their limited mintages...At least i know it will take mine. imageimage
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Too much money to collect both sets. I will choose the mirror finish coins myself.

I WANT A PUCK FIRST YEAR MULTICOIN SET HOLDER...

...and a forklift to move it around with!
  • Well I have to say I am impressed. It will definatly look great side bys ide with my DM Bullion coins. Unfortunately I can't afford to collect both. LoL. So I think I'll just have the 2010 Bullion and the rest I'll collect the Mint versions.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good. Why were they afraid to post a picture of it?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

<< <i>I just ordered one directly from the Mint.
    In their description, they mentioned that
    the rendition of George Washington was
    identical to the original rendering of John
    Flanagan. The image posted here looks
    very similar to the "spaghetti hair" we
    have been subjected to over the years. >>

I disagree. The spaghetti hair is much different.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Thanks for the pics, Don! They look good!

Yikes....silver below $40....I wonder if this is slowing the sales/increasing cancels?
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Just wait for one to sneak out without the vapor blast finish image
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The HS vapor blasted puck is no longer on the Mints front page. EOM.
    HELP!!! Silver's plunging!!!

It's all the way back to where it was...on April 12th...oh, never mind!
    And I'm sure Don would be devastated if the Mint's distribution center got hit by a tornado today...leaving him with a unique specimen!
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    I don't have a clue how some of you are getting these so fast..

I only ordered ONE.. my order was accepted at 12:11pm on 28 April, 2011.. I didn't try any sneaky duplicate orders.. nothing was suspended, nor cancelled..

My coin is still "on hold", the cancel box is still there, and I don't know what any of this means..

I like the matte finish "vapor-blasted" look.. I don't own any of the Bullions, and don't plan to buy any.. I doubt I'll even buy any more of the 2010s.. it's a money thing.. H.E. double hockey sticks, as Rachel says.. I can't even afford THIS one..

Silver's in the toilet, in case anyone blinked.. barely above $39.00 an ounce, as I type this..

Edited to add:: I just called the Mint's Fulfillment Service in Indiana.. spoke with a lady who told me NONE of these have shipped yet.. "but people are posting pictures of them online, and you're the only source", I countered.. she couldn't explain that..

She said mine SHOULD ship on or around 12 May, 2011.. and I would be charged about the same time.. that my order is fine, and that the package will PROBABLY require a signature, even though it's coming by USPS First Class "Expedited", whatever that means.. I didn't order >$300.00 worth of stuff, so I don't know what she meant by "First Class Expedited".. but I'd rather have the USPS bring it to my door, than throw it in the wrong apartment building mailbox, if the shipping container will even FIT in those aluminum kiosk mailbox thingies..

At the rate Silver is dropping, it should be worth about a quarter by the time I get it.. image
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • stckplungestckplunge Posts: 469 ✭✭
    Does anyone who ordered within the first couple of hours on Thursday still have the "on hold" status? I might have to call - I have never been on hold for this long before - unless I called on the phone image

Jeff
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone who ordered within the first couple of hours on Thursday still have the "on hold" status? I might have to call - I have never been on hold for this long before - unless I called on the phone image

Jeff >>

both mine are, both orderes within the first 15 minutes, like order 37341xxx
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FIFO is still approximate
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    Ditto...order accepted within the first 6 minutes...still on hold with cancel box.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I called and they said everything is ok.

they will get to them.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, my 37340xxx at 12:04 shows on hold ISR with cancel boxes, Customer Service says, ALL ATB puck orders will undergo additional ID/CC verification, maybe 2 to 3 days additional.... don't sweat it.... so far

(l8-)>>

• Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    There is room in my heart for both!image
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
    <<Customer Service says, ALL ATB puck orders will undergo additional ID/CC verification, maybe 2 to 3 days additional.... don't sweat it.... so far>>

Except for Don...because he's "special"!
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i><<Customer Service says, ALL ATB puck orders will undergo additional ID/CC verification, maybe 2 to 3 days additional.... don't sweat it.... so far>>

Except for Don...because he's "special"! >>

Must be the Howard Stern connection!image
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio

<< <i>

<< <i><<Customer Service says, ALL ATB puck orders will undergo additional ID/CC verification, maybe 2 to 3 days additional.... don't sweat it.... so far>>

Except for Don...because he's "special"! >>

Must be the Howard Stern connection!image >>

FINALLY somone noticed! image
    Who's Howard Stern? Did he used to be somebody????

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I like it >>

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • To all the ...........cancel order now while you can -
    MT
    And because of Don's one photo...20,000 people who don't like the matte finish suddenly decide to cancel their orders en masse!

I hope you're happy Don!

<< <i>And because of Don's one photo...20,000 people who don't like the matte finish suddenly decide to cancel their orders en masse!

I hope you're happy Don! >>

Actually, I'm feeling badly about photoshopping in the P mintmark and sandblasted satin finish. I'm a fraud image

• << <i>

<< <i>And because of Don's one photo...20,000 people who don't like the matte finish suddenly decide to cancel their orders en masse!

I hope you're happy Don! >>

Actually, I'm feeling badly about photoshopping in the P mintmark and sandblasted satin finish. I'm a fraud image >>

Photoshop! OMG! lol. You tricked us all!
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many of you are going to leave your ATB coin in the original unopenned packaging? I never understood this but many want to buy an unopenned package when buying on the secondary market. I guess they want to make sure they aren't getting picked over coins and getting someone else's rejects.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file