Home U.S. Coin Forum

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>Louis Golino made some good arguments for a size change at Coin News Update a few weeks back. Some interesting reader comments at the end:

Linkified

I don't think the change is a bad idea for the spouses and it's starting to sound like a good idea for the ATBs too. >>

By the time those Palladium Mercs show up they'll be $1,000. I just don't see the spouse coins surviving without
    a price reduction. As far as the pucks go, to be honest, I'm just not that motivated to collect them because of
    their size - 3" is just too wide for 5 oz of metal. I'd like to see them stay 5 oz but make them a 2 1/2" high
    relief coin with a reeded edge. I'd collect every one of them if they did that.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I might eventually try and get the entire set, I do like the designs like the Gettysburg and Glacier.......very beautiful! The high price of silver might put a damper on buying them though!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>

<< <i>Louis Golino made some good arguments for a size change at Coin News Update a few weeks back. Some interesting reader comments at the end:

Linkified

I don't think the change is a bad idea for the spouses and it's starting to sound like a good idea for the ATBs too. >>

By the time those Palladium Mercs show up they'll be $1,000. I just don't see the spouse coins surviving without
    a price reduction. As far as the pucks go, to be honest, I'm just not that motivated to collect them because of
    their size - 3" is just too wide for 5 oz of metal. I'd like to see them stay 5 oz but make them a 2 1/2" high
    relief coin with a reeded edge. I'd collect every one of them if they did that. >>

It'd be sweet to make them a 2.5'' UHR. The size reduction would reduce the cartoony feeling as well that some of them have (notably, the Yellowstone buffalo and geyser).
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see how many people panic and cancel their orders:
    Silver Splunges!!!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

• << <i>Let's see how many people panic and cancel their orders:
    Silver Splunges!!! >>

Cancel Helll They will probably jump off the roof,I hope all the JH buyers are still happy with their cherry picked coins now.Call the mint and let them know how screwed (well treated ) you were by the cherry picking pucker`s (AP`s).

• << <i>

<< <i>Let's see how many people panic and cancel their orders:
    Silver Splunges!!! >>

Cancel Helll They will probably jump off the roof,I hope all the JH buyers are still happy with their cherry picked coins now.Call the mint and let them know how screwed (well treated ) you were by the cherry picking pucker`s (AP`s). >>

Shake those weak hands out!!!!!! Will be bargain hunting by the end of the week!!!!!!!!
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    No no no. The buyers forgot to set their clocks forward, but the sellers all did. Buyers are waking up and the price is moving back up.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    abadasp

go into "profile" and turn on your PM function. I can't send you what you want. turn on your PMs.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>abadasp

go into "profile" and turn on your PM function. I can't send you what you want. turn on your PMs. >>

sorry didn't know it was off
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    London will be opening soon, lets see how that plays out?
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, "London Calling" by The Clash!!!!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • I think its May Day, no London fix..
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    I see the mint ship date for the HS is now 5/16
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>I see the mint ship date for the HS is now 5/16 >>

just saw that too, they are still selling them though image
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭
    The mint took off their statement about the waiting list for the pucks. Perhaps plenty left.
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>The mint took off their statement about the waiting list for the pucks. Perhaps plenty left. >>

must have been a typo, not 27,000, but 270,000, silly silly mint.

they are shilling us, just Like ebay's sellers 2nd offer, "I have another just like it"

• goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Let's see how many people panic and cancel their orders:
    Silver Splunges!!! >>

Cancel Helll They will probably jump off the roof,I hope all the JH buyers are still happy with their cherry picked coins now.Call the mint and let them know how screwed (well treated ) you were by the cherry picking pucker`s (AP`s). >>

Shake those weak hands out!!!!!! Will be bargain hunting by the end of the week!!!!!!!! >>

UP $3 off the bottom.

Was down $5, now only two.

• hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    Coin World article on the Hot Springs P ordering mess, with other details..

"Sales brisk for Hot Springs 5-ounce bullion
    Orders top 20,000 during the first 12 hours of sales"..

By Paul Gilkes-Coin World Staff | May 02, 2011 9:52 a.m.

Click this
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<UP $3 off the bottom.>>

<<Was down $5, now only two.>>

Update...now down only .75 cents and gold is UP...that was a quick "correction"
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope this is true.

These are special collector versions of those issued through the United States Mint America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin™ Program and are available in limited mintages -- so don't miss out!

Hoard the keys.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if that 20k in 12 hours is accurate how come I don't have an actual confirm email yet and just the order receipt for my 7pm order? Hmm

Phone automation thing said in progress and extra CC verification steps going through..? Same card I bought stuff with a couple months ago.
    OK just got a person at the mint, my 7pm Thurs order, number 37369xxx, is apprently fine and processing. I have not gotten a confirm email, and the lady said this was probably due to the site crash, but that my order looked good to go and I'll probably just get the shipping/tracking email.

She also said they don't appear sold out this morning - still taking orders. That's what I got.
    from what you've said, it appears to be a good order that will go through.

unknown reason for not rec'ing an conf. e-mail, but if it is still in your account and on hold, then things sure seem normal to me.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    We'll see, I'm still not 100%. Waiting game now I guess.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    I can recall multiple instances of not receiving a confirming email and yet all orders went through...I'd say you're good to go...
  • coasterfancoasterfan Posts: 1,302
    Maybe we'll be able to buy more on Thursday if the Mint relaxes the one per household limit.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks

<< <i>Maybe we'll be able to buy more on Thursday if the Mint relaxes the one per household limit. >>

The Mint kept the 1 per for the Silver Eagle Anniversary set, until they sold out. Which took like six month's or something.

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭
    Mine went to in stock and reserved but still in the hold status.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Both of mine went to in stock and reserved also. Should be shipping soon.

<< <i>Mine went to in stock and reserved but still in the hold status. >>

Ditto.. they must be slowly grindinig through the orders..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."

<< <i>from what you've said, it appears to be a good order that will go through.

unknown reason for not rec'ing an conf. e-mail, but if it is still in your account and on hold, then things sure seem normal to me. >>

"SNAFU" image
    Just to remind anyone thinking of canceling.

You can return these for a refund.

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just to remind anyone thinking of canceling.

You can return these for a refund. >>

why would anyone cancel when there are people on the BST willing to give you a $100+ profit for these??

I just got 'In stock and reserved' on my 37369xxx order, so I'm guessing this is not the sold-out order range some were saying based on numbers... if folks were wondering.

to add: no email notification on my 'order receipt' to this status, so that's that.
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just got 'In stock and reserved' on my 37369xxx order, so I'm guessing this is not the sold-out order range some were saying based on numbers... if folks were wondering.

to add: no email notification on my 'order receipt' to this status, so that's that. >>

Agreed, mine is in stock and reserved too and my order no. is 373709**

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some folks didn't believe me when I said there was likely a fair number of "phantom" order numbers.....
    Also, we have already heard from some folks that did 2+ orders and had some canceled. So, they may be sold out or may still be more to get....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• 25000 sold as of this afternoon according to the Mint. I must admit that I thought it would have sold out over the weekend.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is in stock and reserved as well...order 37346XXX

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    Based upon what's been posted, why fight that opening hour crowd? Looks like the Mint only has the total maximum capacity of around 8,000 orders per hour via the net and phones combined.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>25000 sold as of this afternoon according to the Mint. I must admit that I thought it would have sold out over the weekend. >>

I suspect they are not as popular as the forum speculators suspected ... The last 2k might take a while to sell.

APMEX still has 7300 - 2011 sets available...image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    Theres probably still some left because nobody has really seen this particular new type of finish in hand. But if it turns out to be something attractive to compliment the PL's set.... Oh baby! image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a 3738XXXX that is not reserved.
  • Excellent - in stock and reserved.

I can't believe my sell out guess of this afternoon is still in play and too early of a guess?!?!?!
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    If the Mint says 25,000 sold, they must have cancelled 20,000+ orders???
    So, who's complaining about a 5-day almost sell-out with the finish line approaching quiclike? Seems like this is gone asap, so maybe 8 days as a stretch? How is that in folks eyes??

• << <i>So, who's complaining about a 5-day almost sell-out with the finish line approaching quiclike? Seems like this is gone asap, so maybe 8 days as a stretch? How is that in folks eyes?? >>

Well I think it's pretty impressive considering:

1. Nobody really even knows what this coin is gonna look like
    2. Most people had never even heard of Hot Springs NP before this series
    3. The design on the coin looks more like an elaborate toilet than a national park

Besides, if it had sold out too quickly I'd be stressed about not being able to complete the 2010 P set.

I'm guessing when we get to the well-known parks like Yosemite, GC and Yellowstone the demand will be greater.
    If anyone has a load of eBay auctions or sellers that have suspiciously large quantities of the Bullion Sets, I can send that in. I'd need more than the one previously posted though.

I'm thinking something worthwhile and worth the Mint's time would be 20 or more sets by 1 seller, esp. if they are all in high grades.

Also, anyone have a scan of that Coin World picture and article that I can have to send in? I didn't even mention that because I didn't have the article nor picture.

• << <i>If anyone has a load of eBay auctions or sellers that have suspiciously large quantities of the Bullion Sets, I can send that in. I'd need more than the one previously posted though.

I'm thinking something worthwhile and worth the Mint's time would be 20 or more sets by 1 seller, esp. if they are all in high grades. >>

What about HSN (210 sets of MS69)?

link to video
    I'd really like to get my hands on the article and picture.

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, for those of us with stressed lives and not always able to keep up, do post the next of the P's as to when it is coming up.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file