Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forum members seem to forget, that the pucks are not the only product on the Mints plate. On a normal day, the Mint has approx 10,000 sales.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well my 7pm order 37369xxx hasn't sent a confirm email, still just the order receipt. I'm guessing/betting I wont' be getting one. >>

Please let me know when you find out, as you say you got thru last night and haven't gotten the confirmation email that makes me wonder. Did everyone get a confirmation number yesterday thru email? I wonder if you called the mint and ask about ordering but not getting the email confirmation what they would tell you. If and when you find out please let us know thanks image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Well my 7pm order 37369xxx hasn't sent a confirm email, still just the order receipt. I'm guessing/betting I wont' be getting one. >>

Please let me know when you find out, as you say you got thru last night and haven't gotten the confirmation email that makes me wonder. Did everyone get a confirmation number yesterday thru email? I wonder if you called the mint and ask about ordering but not getting the email confirmation what they would tell you. If and when you find out please let us know thanks image >>

FYI...I placed my order yesterday approx 2PM & did not receive my email confirmation until approx 6PM
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Please let me know when you find out, as you say you got thru last night and haven't gotten the confirmation email that makes me wonder. Did everyone get a confirmation number yesterday thru email? I wonder if you called the mint and ask about ordering but not getting the email confirmation what they would tell you. If and when you find out please let us know thanks image >>

FYI...I placed my order yesterday approx 2PM & did not receive my email confirmation until approx 6PM >>

That 4 hours slag is a lot different than 14 hours and counting. I got through on the website and it took all of 3 minutes when I ordered.

I'm refreshing the email I used for it, so as soon as I hear, or don't hear, I'll keep things posted.
  • Options
    FWIW, I ordered around 12:10 and received my confirmation email immediatly.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    There are several glitches in the mint ordering system, on occassion, not everyone receives and email confirmation and nonetheless if the order shows up in the order history you're good to go barring other issues.

The issue with the so called phantom orders is not new, and has happened for years. I had experienced this multiple times in the past and thought I/We had it pegged to the quick check out...Back then, during the process it appeared that the step before final was seemingly skipped. IIRC it was the review order page that would blank, followed by an order page being gernerated...Then 15 mintues or so later POOF...

I/We'd stopped using the quick check out system based on the multiple occurrances of that issue which only happened back then while using quick check out. I/We never experienced this problem while using continue checkout. And, ya I know even back then lots of people reported having no issues with quick check out and it wasn't suggested that the problem affected all orders with QC out but only some. Is this the same problem, I have no idea and in fact my order finally went through yesterday and yup I'd hit quick check out...
  • Options

<< <i>image You have to be kidding aren't you? It makes you sick to see presales? And yet its ok to send out a mass email offering 50 more bucks to get more of these? I apologize if i am missing something but it seems like you want your loyal customers to sell you PRESALE for an extra 50 bucks. Really I could care less what there selling for on ebay, and who is selling them, or for whatever reason they are selling. I am sure your not in business to lose money so you lowball your customers and than come here talking about ebay sellers being sleazy? If there is a demand people will buy, you can't stop them. >>

Very EARLY pre-sales like this benefit no one but the seller and do sicken me, yes that is how I feel. Yes, we do feel it's not only ok but very ok, to contact our customers from our list to make some money, many of which would not be buying this coin anyway, and I see no correlation between our purchasing methods and how I feel about early pre-sales.

You can't look at pre sale prices and use that to decide paying people a $50 profit and their shipping to us, another $25, is too little. By the time we actually get the coins add on the $75, add on grading fees, get them back from grading, add on sales fees etc the profit remaining will probably be a great deal less than you would think. These ridiculous early pre sale prices create false illusions of value.

John
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't appear to be sold out yet.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You can't look at pre sale prices and use that to decide paying people a $50 profit and their shipping to us, another $25, is too little.

John >>

Yeah, you're right in a way. I knew before I ever looked at an ebay pre-sale that $50 was way too low to consider.
  • Options

<< <i>Very EARLY pre-sales like this benefit no one but the seller and do sicken me, yes that is how I feel. Yes, we do feel it's not only ok but very ok, to contact our customers from our list to make some money, many of which would not be buying this coin anyway, and I see no correlation between our purchasing methods and how I feel about early pre-sales.

You can't look at pre sale prices and use that to decide paying people a $50 profit and their shipping to us, another $25, is too little. By the time we actually get the coins add on the $75, add on grading fees, get them back from grading, add on sales fees etc the profit remaining will probably be a great deal less than you would think. These ridiculous early pre sale prices create false illusions of value.

John >>

I agree with you John. You put out a buy price just like any other item. The individual decides if they want that or not. It was not for me but for those that chose that route and "locked in a profit" need to come through and be happy. Nothing was hidden in any way. Straight up deal.

On the other topic........I have certainly been tempted to jump on the pre sale wagon myself. Just can't bring myself to do it for a lot of reasons. Doing things the right way pays off in the end. I discovered your company because of these pucks and coming on these boards. Glad I did and will continue to look to MCM as my first option.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I think these are sold out. They are not putting up the customary wait list notice because it already is up there. The next update on the U.S. Mint web site will say SOLD OUT.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>I think these are sold out. They are not putting up the customary wait list notice because it already is up there. The next update on the U.S. Mint web site will say SOLD OUT. >>

The Mint has already indicated the new change in the publication of the Wait list...I'd say these are gone...
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    I just checked my order status..

37341xxx, so I was one of the early ones, I think.. it says the order was placed at 12:11pm ET.. eleven minutes?.. It seemed like it took eleven freakin' hours!..

The whole ugly process took about half an hour, a fifth of Bourbon, a handful of tranquilizers, and a pack of cigarettes..

I started it right at the tick of noon ET yesterday.. and I used the "quick checkout" feature..

The Mint's site didn't crash until later..

My order tracking page looks exactly the same as it did yesterday, except the anticipated ship date changed to 13 May, 2011..

It's still says "on hold", it still says "backordered", the cancel box is still there, and I got the confirmation email roughly half an hour after completing the order..

As I type this, there's no "product is not available" splattered on the coin's description page, and as far as I can tell, the text on that page has not changed by one word since noon ET, yesterday..

That's it from here, Walter.. back to you in the studio..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    One would think anyone looking to accumulate these coins for future big profits after grading would want to buy as low as possible and criticize the pre-sellers pricing. Watch the price go when the show up with coins in hand!!!
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>They don't appear to be sold out yet. >>

Hey, Mr. Crop Circles.. two questions..

Did you order one, and what's the subtle, inside joke with the two slab labels?.. image
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a post script from a buyer on the BST for this issue of an impending sell-out:

PS : If your order number is a larger number than 37368000, there is a good chance you are on the wait list. We won't be confirming purchase of potential wait list coins at this time.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just my humble opinion, but I actually enjoyed the Mint follies yesterday.

At least it was a democratic process and ultimately if you had some stamina, you probably got at least one coin.

Better than the random AP crapshoot!
  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just my humble opinion, but I actually enjoyed the Mint follies yesterday.

At least it was a democratic process and ultimately if you had some stamina, you probably got at least one coin.

Better than the random AP crapshoot! >>

Definitely! That whole AP "process" felt dirty to me. image
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>Just my humble opinion, but I actually enjoyed the Mint follies yesterday.

Better than the random AP crapshoot! >>

And no cherrypicking. Really wish the Mint could hold back a few of the bullion issues and sell directly. That's my biggest concern with the AP distribution system.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    MCADSPECMCADSPEC Posts: 72 ✭✭

<< <i>A deal is a deal once you confirm. If someone confirms (confirm is the key word here) then does not deliver, they can't be stopped but they only get to do this to us once and that information will be shared with others if an inquiry is made about the person. Regarding prices, c'mon guys!!! We see this over, and over and over again. The first couple weeks of eBay sales means absolutely nothing except that someone is selling something they do not have in hand and someone else is paying entirely too much for it. There is a greed factor in this that turns my stomach and we have foregone much in the way of profits we could gain time and time again by NOT doing the early eBay pre-sales because there is just something sleazy about it in knowing that 99.9% of the time all the buyers are being eternally buried.

image You have to be kidding aren't you? It makes you sick to see presales? And yet its ok to send out a mass email offering 50 more bucks to get more of these? I apologize if i am missing something but it seems like you want your loyal customers to sell you PRESALE for an extra 50 bucks. Really I could care less what there selling for on ebay, and who is selling them, or for whatever reason they are selling. I am sure your not in business to lose money so you lowball your customers and than come here talking about ebay sellers being sleazy? If there is a demand people will buy, you can't stop them.

How can you consider the offer to be lowball when the there are no coins in hand and therefore no market has been set? You say if there is a demand, people will buy. This is true, but what basis are you using to determine the demand? I know that you are saying that you could care less what they are selling for on e-bay. If this is so, what basis are you using to determine the offer as "lowball?
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    37341xxx
    37375xxx

34,000 difference shows they are probably not sold out yet but are very close. They also have the gold eagle sales and sales of all the other coin sets going on.

• Options

<< <i>And no cherrypicking. Really wish the Mint could hold back a few of the bullion issues and sell directly. That's my biggest concern with the AP distribution system. >>

Stick with the P-Pucks and buy the American Eagles if you want bullion. jmo
  • Options

<< <i>37341xxx
    37375xxx

34,000 difference shows they are probably not sold out yet but are very close. They also have the gold eagle sales and sales of all the other coin sets going on. >>

HalfStrike--You think 1/5 of the Mint's orders over the last 23 hours have been non-pucks?
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>And no cherrypicking. Really wish the Mint could hold back a few of the bullion issues and sell directly. That's my biggest concern with the AP distribution system. >>

Stick with the P-Pucks and buy the American Eagles if you want bullion. jmo >>

I'm definitely leaning in that direction. However, I don't expect future P pucks to be so reasonably priced.
    Yesterday was a gift. I don't expect the Mint to be as generous with future issues. Plus, there's the esthetics
    factor. Really need to actually see what one of these looks like.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Wasn't the shipping date listed as 5/12 for most of the day? It now lists it as 5/13..... >>

That would mean the infamous waiting list has started, moving forward one day at a time. >>

Not necessarily.

Back a couple of years ago, the web site and the "order status site" had different systems with different "expected ship dates."

Sometimes the product page would have 1 date, and the order page would show a completely different date. This generated a lot of complaints.

Since then, they have updated both systems to automatically start with the same date and add 1 day every day to the expected ship date. This way they are both in synch. Every day the date will change by 1. Tomorrow it will say the 14th. Sunday it will say the 15th. And so on. Until your order shows "in stock and reserved" the date will keep changing.

It has been more common to eventually ship before the backorder date. They do eventually catch up. Mnay times.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>MsMorrisine is correct in the phantom order number scenario. It is what happened to me during the crash, I got to checkout and wasn't sure if it went through. Then when it came back up I saw my order and thought oh great I got it, then 2 hours later it disappeared. I then went on to recreate this phenomenon by going to the last step without submitting to see exactly what happened and it did it again, thus creating another phantom order number and throwing our numbers off. >>

And exactly how many hoops to you have to jump through to see it happen. Not a very common occurrence at all. >>

Try it:

I've seen it happen and you can re-create it on their site.

don't use express checkout.
    login to the mint web site
    put something into the cart and go to checkout.
    go through each checkout step, 1 by 1, until you reach step 5.
    do not click on the "place order button" on the page for step 5.
    click on the "my account" button at the top.
    look at your order history.
    there will be a new order at the top of the list of orders.
    if you click on that order it will be "suspended."
    give it some time and that order will simply disappear if you never click "place order."

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>MsMorrisine is correct in the phantom order number scenario. It is what happened to me during the crash, I got to checkout and wasn't sure if it went through. Then when it came back up I saw my order and thought oh great I got it, then 2 hours later it disappeared. I then went on to recreate this phenomenon by going to the last step without submitting to see exactly what happened and it did it again, thus creating another phantom order number and throwing our numbers off. >>

And exactly how many hoops to you have to jump through to see it happen. Not a very common occurrence at all. >>

Try it:

I've seen it happen and you can re-create it on their site.

don't use express checkout.
    login to the mint web site
    put something into the cart and go to checkout.
    go through each checkout step, 1 by 1, until you reach step 5.
    do not click on the "place order button" on the page for step 5.
    click on the "my account" button at the top.
    look at your order history.
    there will be a new order at the top of the list of orders.
    if you click on that order it will be "suspended."
    give it some time and that order will simply disappear if you never click "place order." >>

Yep, just tried this and can confirm.
  • Options
    Point of reference:

<< <i>Quote: As reported on Coin Update News, through April 28, 2011 at 9:00 PM ET, the US Mint had accepted more than 19,000 orders in total. This accounts for more than 70% of the total mintage of 27,000 coins. >>

• Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>37341xxx
    37375xxx

34,000 difference shows they are probably not sold out yet but are very close. They also have the gold eagle sales and sales of all the other coin sets going on. >>

HalfStrike--You think 1/5 of the Mint's orders over the last 23 hours have been non-pucks? >>

I think the Lincoln Coin and Chronicles set went over by about 20,000 before it was sold out, I can't remember the exact amount but it was a lot.
  • Options
    Interesting that the mint website is not listing these as vapor blasted...

<< <i>These striking numismatic collectibles are produced with a brilliant uncirculated finish and display a "P" mint mark for the United States Mint at Philadelphia, where they are struck. >>

• Options
    Just received an order cancellation email. That's 1/3 canceled so far. Order number was 37357225. I assume it's because of them weeding out my dupe orders, not that I was too late.

Here's the email:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Greetings from the United States Mint.
    The following order has been cancelled either at your
    request or because we were unable to process it. We invite
    you to resubmit the order via our website at
    http://www.usmint.gov and click on Product Catalog.

Order # : 37357225 - 1 Order Date: 4/28/11
    Sold To . : jeremym

Shipped To: my office ATTN: jeremym

Item Qty

NP1 1
    2010 ATB SILVER COIN - HOT SPR

This is a system generated e-mail. Please do not reply.
    If you have questions, please visit the Help page at
    http://catalog.usmint.gov or call us at 1-800-USA-MINT.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes about my orders:
    - I used three different shipping addresses
    - I used all the same billing addresses (my home)
    - I used three different credit cards
    - This order, that got canceled, was the last of my three
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>

Since then, they have updated both systems to automatically start with the same date and add 1 day every day to the expected ship date. This way they are both in synch. Every day the date will change by 1. Tomorrow it will say the 14th. Sunday it will say the 15th. And so on. Until your order shows "in stock and reserved" the date will keep changing.
    >>

I am thinking that the date shift occurred awfully close to midnight EST, so you are probably right.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for the mint in weeding out some of the gaming of the system.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another 1-2000 of those cancellations and maybe I'll get a confirmed order!
  • Options

<< <i>Good for the mint in weeding out some of the gaming of the system. >>

The worst part? The three orders weren't even all for me. I had homes for the other two. I intended on keeping one for myself and giving the other two as gifts. Oh well. We'll see what happens with the other two orders.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭

Agreed. proper gaming involves friends, family members and co-workers! image

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Should I even bother placing another order or do you think that will just go right to the back of the waitlist line?
  • Options

<< <i>

Agreed. proper gaming involves friends, family members and co-workers! image >>

Yep. If one is going to game the system, go to a little extra work to do it, and do it right image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>Should I even bother placing another order or do you think that will just go right to the back of the waitlist line? >>

What do you think will happen? New order goes where? Back of the line. Or, would you call the mint and say "ummm...one of my 3 orders was canceled due to the '1 per household' policy that I violated intentionally. I am doing another order for that one now and was wondering if you can bump it up in the queue so I don't go to the end of the waitlist line....???"

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Should I even bother placing another order or do you think that will just go right to the back of the waitlist line? >>

What do you think will happen? New order goes where? Back of the line. Or, would you call the mint and say "ummm...one of my 3 orders was canceled due to the '1 per household' policy that I violated intentionally. I am doing another order for that one now and was wondering if you can bump it up in the queue so I don't go to the end of the waitlist line....???" >>

No need to be sarcastic. It was a legitimate question. Thanks for your input.
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

No harm in trying -- if you don't, there is zero chance of success. I think many will get purged.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a #37373xxx set that was ordered at about midnite EST, when the so-called date shift happened. Currently shows no cancel box, on hold like all the others.

I'm not convinced the date shift had anything to do with wait-listing. The b/o date merely changed with the day, like it always does.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    <<Yep. If one is going to game the system, go to a little extra work to do it, and do it right >>

I agree...you need to take pride in your fraudulent activities and do it right or not at all!!!

• Options
    Well, given that the word was that they only look at shipping addresses...I thought I did pull a good one. Apparently not.
  • Options
    Was ordering online when system crashed, ordered over phone while system down. Had 2 orders 1 was canceled today. Tried ordering one for my daughter as she was busy used my credit card order confirmed by email, no cancalation email, no order on mint account.She reordered today with her c-card reconfirmed for now. looks like still available.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the policy was one order per CC billing address they should have specified that. One per household should mean just that. If I want to order a unit for my son and its shipped to his address, doesn't that address qualify as a separate household?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    seahawkfanseahawkfan Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Thats why they ask if your billing address is the same as shipping address.
  • Options
    if you were running things, and knew that people were trying to circumvent the 1 per HH rule, would you allow a person to place multiple orders with a different ship to name and address?

I've got relatives all over that I could be shipping to.... "it would be for them, I promise, pretty please."

They know people are circumventing the rules, they have to crack down somehow. This is somehow.

As has been said, if you are going to do it, do it well. (that could be said for both sides here.)

• Options
    I have no problem with 1 per hh but they should specify 1 per c-card if that is the rule . It did ask if this was the billing address for the c-card when setting up the mint account,answered no and placed order that was accepted.
  • Options
    Hey...I live in an apartment building with more than 200 separate units.

The Mint once tried to cancel my order because someone else in the building also ordered (and we're not at all related)!

Now how would that grab you?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file