Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
    1,000!!! imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In looking at my Mint account it shows two orders...one as "suspended" from when the site crashed and one as "on hold" from when I went back in and placed the order. I only thought the one went through. I am half tempted to leave it as is and see what happens, but I assume suspended means - no soup for you! >>

at step 5 it creates a phantom order in anticipation of you hitting the "place order" button and going to step 6: order complete.

if you never got (or the server) to step 6, then the phantom order will disappear.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone NOT have their order show up in their US Mint account but get a confirmation email?

I spoke to a lady on the phone to change my billing address and mentioned this and she said to just wait it out. She said the order shows up in her system so everything "should be alright". >>

phone orders generally do not show up on the account.

Try the track order page.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    RE: contest of when will sellout...

I'm liking my odds right now. i think i win if between 5:01 and 5:53
  • Options
    tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    I heard they will be double checking for suspected duplicate orders via credit card, addresses, etc. Any found will wipe out all orders to that person. So if you used multiple cards but in your name, you may be SOL.
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Depending on how difficult (or strict) they want to be, they can get very ugly. I remember the UHR, and the very probing letters some got from the mint, requiring you to call in to validate your houshold identity. They had plenty of time for that as they kept delaying shipment for weeks and weeks.....

(l8-)>>

• Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭
    so then

john smith is screwed then, doubt it
  • Options

<< <i>If I order from my laptop, connected to my WiFi network, does it have a different IP address?
    I was thinking of using my wife's name and her debit card. But would the mailing address (our PO Box) be the killer? >>

1. no
    2. yes
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>In looking at my Mint account it shows two orders...one as "suspended" from when the site crashed and one as "on hold" from when I went back in and placed the order. I only thought the one went through. I am half tempted to leave it as is and see what happens, but I assume suspended means - no soup for you! >>

at step 5 it creates a phantom order in anticipation of you hitting the "place order" button and going to step 6: order complete.

if you never got (or the server) to step 6, then the phantom order will disappear. >>

Thanks for this bit of information, I think that explains what happened to me, I had no idea and apparently all their CSR's didn't either. I should have just left it alone to straighten itself out but didn't want them seeing a double order which now it turns out it wasn't a double order.

I would be suspicious of judging sales off order numbers, I think a lot of the order numbers are not tied to actual orders anymore, so there are probably more coins available than we are thinking.
  • Options

<< <i>No one was able to answer my question regarding ordering via my laptop, so here's what happened:

I went to the Mint's site, found the ATB page, clicked on the order button, and then chose the "guest" checkout. I then used my wife's debit card rather than our credit card and my yahoo email address. It processed immediately with an order number 37366XXX - 1 and said it was back-ordered. I checked my yahoo email account for grins, and the confirmation was there with all of the info.

What are the chances that the info for the order was different enough not to trigger an edit cancellation for more than one per household?

Does the back order status, rather than "on hold" mean she's on the waiting list? >>

99.9% cancelled

backorder means they don't have them to ship yet.

• Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If I order from my laptop, connected to my WiFi network, does it have a different IP address?
    I was thinking of using my wife's name and her debit card. But would the mailing address (our PO Box) be the killer? >>

1. no
    2. yes >>

all that matters is that you have a different addresss and matching cc to that address, same name doesnt matter

IP address doesnt matter either, they see the ip address from your ISP, their are 1000's 100,000's of users with the same IP, but you all have different IP's assigned to you under your ISP, the mint doesnt see thoughs
  • Options
    Up to 373669xx.
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A piece of cake here, 1:30 PM Pacific time. image
    I just picked up the phone, dialed the Mint's 800#, and got through immediately. Listened to a recording for about 30 seconds and a live order-taker came on. image She said there were less people calling now and about 1/2 of the pucks have been sold so far.

#3736XXXX
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    half?

when I talked to them some months ago about another issue, they told me they can't see inventory numbers.

I think that "half" is just some PBGS-BS.

And trying not to sidetrack the thread, but ip addresses are given to single ""machine"", but there are some ip addresses reserved for "hidden behind a router" use (private networks) that the 1000s and 1000s will have (192.168.xxx.xxx). Those 1000's and 1000's duplicate ip addresses (on a private network) are meant to never be seen by the internet at large and are not seen by internet machines, instead they will be seen only on your private network(that's part of the private nature). The single ip address your router has will be seen by the internet at large. That one router is what the mint web site will see and log. whatever machine is connected to the internet through that router will always show the router's ip address to the internet machines.

• Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. I asked her if there were still a lot of 'em left and she said "about half". Her name was Laurie, so I guess she ought to know. image
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    I ran through my list ordering from the mint like any other day. Never a slow loading page. I'm good to go.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    Thanks MsM for the helpful responses. One more question for you or anyone...

I used a credit card with my name but our Mint account has my wife's name. All addresses match. Anyone think the differing name would matter?
  • Options
    So are you guys saying that if you ordered multiples with the same BILLING address, different credit cards and different shipping names/addresses...they'll still get canceled?

That seems kind of crappy. Or are they basing a "household" on shipping addresses alone?
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks MsM for the helpful responses. One more question for you or anyone...

I used a credit card with my name but our Mint account has my wife's name. All addresses match. Anyone think the differing name would matter? >>

call and ask.
  • Options
    I think the steam from the buying frenzy is dieing out. lol. So probably wont' get sold out till late tonight or something.
  • Options

<< <i>So are you guys saying that if you ordered multiples with the same BILLING address, different credit cards and different shipping names/addresses...they'll still get canceled?

That seems kind of crappy. Or are they basing a "household" on shipping addresses alone? >>

My guess is they will cancel them based upon the duplicate billing address.

We shall see.

Let us know.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So are you guys saying that if you ordered multiples with the same BILLING address, different credit cards and different shipping names/addresses...they'll still get canceled?

That seems kind of crappy. Or are they basing a "household" on shipping addresses alone? >>

My guess is they will cancel them based upon the duplicate billing address.

We shall see.

Let us know. >>

Any word on when we'll get info? Or are we just holding out until ship date?
  • Options
    if they cancel your order, you'll at least get an e-mail if not a phone call.

• Options

<< <i>if they cancel your order, you'll at least get an e-mail if not a phone call. >>

Thanks. I've never bought from the Mint before so it's all new to me.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>RE: contest of when will sellout...

I'm liking my odds right now. i think i win if between 5:01 and 5:53 >>

I liked my odds to until the server crashed and you chumped my guess by a minute...image
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to all who replied to my laptop/ip address questions. Will be interesting. image
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>RE: contest of when will sellout...

I'm liking my odds right now. i think i win if between 5:01 and 5:53 >>

I liked my odds to until the server crashed and you chumped my guess by a minute...image >>

i learned something from watching the "Price is right" ;-)

Although, not looking as promising anymore...
    - Aron
  • Options
    I'm still confused about what "on-hold" means...

I placed my order almost 5 hours ago, yet it is still listed as "on-hold". Do I need to be concerned?
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm still confused about what "on-hold" means...

I placed my order almost 5 hours ago, yet it is still listed as "on-hold". Do I need to be concerned? >>

No!
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Up to 373669xx. "

If order numbers hold any reality, I subtract my number (37341xxx) from this posted number, assuming 00 for his xx's, and I get 25,000 + difference. Could be? Might be? Really, all sold out the first day? Ya think?

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my calculations show 26839 orders have been placed between this morning (12:00 EST) and right now (5:44 EST)
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"Up to 373669xx. "

If order numbers hold any reality, I subtract my number (37341xxx) from this posted number, assuming 00 for his xx's, and I get 25,000 + difference. Could be? Might be? Really, all sold out the first day? Ya think? >>

Toast!!!! Mint may sell 1-2,000 extra in case of cancellations.

These are done.

Joe
  • Options

<< <i>"Up to 373669xx. "

If order numbers hold any reality, I subtract my number (37341xxx) from this posted number, assuming 00 for his xx's, and I get 25,000 + difference. Could be? Might be? Really, all sold out the first day? Ya think? >>

I didn't think it would happen, but we could see a sell out in a few hours.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>"Up to 373669xx. "

I didn't think it would happen, but we could see a sell out in a few hours. >>

I say we get a wait-list by 6PM EST tonight
  • Options
    The page does say they may not be able to get the wait list notice up right away, and it seems like they may be closed for the night, I'm not sure how late they have somebody there able to change the site. It might not show up until tomorrow morning for sure I would say though if it doesn't go up tonight. Though I believe a lot of order numbers were generated by people getting to the last page without submitting plus double orders, we maybe a couple thousand off, since the crash kicked everybody off who was on that last page.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭
    There are going to be some PO'd people who ordered before the crash. My order at 12:15 EST that went through has vanished. I had to reorder at 5:30. Who knows how many orders disappeared. It was showing in my orders page at 2 pm. Now it's gone. I bet hundreds of orders, if not thousands are gone and the people don't even know it. So the order numbers you guys are using to guesstimate a sell out are not accurate. My order number that vanished is 373412xx.
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There are going to be some PO'd people who ordered before the crash. My order at 12:15 EST that went through has vanished. I had to reorder at 5:30. Who knows how many orders disappeared. It was showing in my orders page at 2 pm. Now it's gone. I bet hundreds of orders, if not thousands are gone and the people don't even know it. So the order numbers you guys are using to guesstimate a sell out are not accurate. My order number that vanished is 373412xx. >>

That is the same thing that happened when they "Lost" the orders last year. They will probably recover them again
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    Doubled checked and all my orders are on backorder, delivery starts 5/12. Are we really gonna have to go thru this first strike nonsense when they sell out in 1 day?
  • Options
    SNMANSNMAN Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    just ordered

373685xx

no problem here!
    Positive Transactions with: justindan; Drunner; Segoja, Dragon, fivecents, Connecticoin, WTCG, gsa1fan, abitofthisabitofthat; commoncents05;Broadstruck; and ......more
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>There are going to be some PO'd people who ordered before the crash. My order at 12:15 EST that went through has vanished. I had to reorder at 5:30. Who knows how many orders disappeared. It was showing in my orders page at 2 pm. Now it's gone. I bet hundreds of orders, if not thousands are gone and the people don't even know it. So the order numbers you guys are using to guesstimate a sell out are not accurate. My order number that vanished is 373412xx. >>

That is the same thing that happened when they "Lost" the orders last year. They will probably recover them again >>

true true.

but that doesn't mean one should not call them and complain.

they need to know it is an issue and just how big of an issue it is.

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't going to risk it so I ordered again. The phone drones have no clue.
  • Options
    I called in about another issue on another order, but asked about the HS ATB puck orders.

the woman there DID say that she could check the number sold.

she looked it up and said it was in the 19,200 area right now.

So, I guess they may not have inventory levels available, but can see ## sold.

• Options
    SoundPointSoundPoint Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

VANISHING ORDERS AGAIN!!

This is something the US Mint seems to overlook issue after issue.
    To the best of my knowledge, "vanishing orders" started with the 1995-W silver and gold set issue
    that was documented in Numismatic News back in the day. That's the reason that issue didn't sell
    out at the time.

And "VANISHING ORDERS" still continue to this day.

Check your orders closely and notify the mint if your order "vanishes"!!
  • Options
    I wonder if that's a ROMA number?
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I ordered by phone at 1:03 and received my email confirmation at 1:06. 3735. It took quite a few tries to get through, something like 15. Glad I ordered by phone, I forgot they went on sale at noon today. My sister just put in an order and her confirmation #3736.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>I called in about another issue on another order, but asked about the HS ATB puck orders.

the woman there DID say that she could check the number sold.

she looked it up and said it was in the 19,200 area right now.

So, I guess they may not have inventory levels available, but can see ## sold. >>

Interesting. Thanks for asking. Once folks get home from work tonight, these might be done.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder if that's a ROMA number? >>

you never know with PBGS-BS if they are full of it,

but from the candor and tone of the person, I think it is for real.

• Options
    My order at 1:06 until my sisters order at 6:15, I subtracted hers from mine and they sold 16,506 in 5 hours. Not saying they are all the pucks but this should give us a clue as to what has sold, not including the first hour.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

• Options
    MsMorrisine, it looks as the lady was being truthful, if you look at my numbers above this would make it appear to be correct.

• Options
    I'm not sure where they find them, but the mint order takers are some of the nicest in the business even if they are also the best at sounding knowledgeable while not really knowing the answer. Saying that though why would an order taker make up a number like 19,200 if they didn't actually know, that sounds right to me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file