Home U.S. Coin Forum

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• << <i>I'm not sure where they find them, but the mint order takers are some of the nicest in the business even if they are also the best at sounding knowledgeable while not really knowing the answer. Saying that though why would an order taker make up a number like 19,200 if they didn't actually know, that sounds right to me. >>

One more glut to be sold when the west coast gets off work. I would say a selllout tonight even if the 19,200 is right.
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>There are going to be some PO'd people who ordered before the crash. My order at 12:15 EST that went through has vanished. I had to reorder at 5:30. Who knows how many orders disappeared. It was showing in my orders page at 2 pm. Now it's gone. I bet hundreds of orders, if not thousands are gone and the people don't even know it. So the order numbers you guys are using to guesstimate a sell out are not accurate. My order number that vanished is 373412xx. >>

Mine was 37341xxx.. I ordered within half an hour of the start of sales.. well before the site crashed..

I just logged in, checked my order history, and track orders page, and it's still there.. nothing has changed.. "oh hold - backordered, expected to ship on 12 May, 2011"..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm not sure where they find them, but the mint order takers are some of the nicest in the business even if they are also the best at sounding knowledgeable while not really knowing the answer. Saying that though why would an order taker make up a number like 19,200 if they didn't actually know, that sounds right to me. >>

she didn't spout a number off.

she said "let's see if I can...."

"let me check.."

'it looks like about 19200..."

the convo was like she was trying to hunt it down.

Now, if you had experience ordering a UHR from these people, you'd know why no one fully trusts them. They gave very authoritative but wrong lies. They lied lied lied. And quite pleasantly, too.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    I am glad that it looks like those who had to wait until after work to order will be able to. That is pretty frustrating when they sell out before you get a chance to get an order in. The window may not be open too long though.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My cancel box is gone................# 3736XXXX...................image
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Does your order say suspended? If you didn't process your order all the way the cancel box will never appear.

• << <i>My cancel box is gone................# 3736XXXX...................image >>

I never even had a cancel box...

But I did get three confirmation emails and called in about one and the rep on the phone said the order is legit.
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does your order say suspended? If you didn't process your order all the way the cancel box will never appear. >>

On hold................with email confirmation.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just threw an order in and it went through, 7pm Atlanta time. Got the typical 'on backorder' that folks have gotten since the get-go, order #3736XXXX. Got an email "Order Receipt" so far.

We'll see. The ap ones pissed me off how it was handled, but if I can order for a $35 premium straight up I guess that's fine. I did/do want to do this whole series as a silver stack though.
  • We may not see the wait list notice until tomorrow morning. It looks like they still have units to sell and the Mint probably has a good idea of how many duplicate orders will be weeded out so they'll be taking that into account. Good luck to those of you who guessed some time tomorrow morning.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    A confirmation # of 37367XXX would be over 27,000 mint orders since noon...

<< <i>A confirmation # of 37367XXX would be over 27,000 mint orders since noon... >>

So what's the gambling odds that those aren't all orders for these pucks?
  • I am VERY curious to see how the Feebay market changes, if at all, after all the Mint stock is sold out. Any speculation? I think it will have a brief upswing and then level off back to between $400-$500 per coin.
    I don't see the downside to these with 27k mintage and silver making an all-time high soon--and the press that goes with it. I say they climb steadily from here until the next bear market. When's that; maybe 5-10 years??? There will be dips, but would you rather own scarce silver collectibles or U.S. paper dollars over the next 5 years?image

It'd take $1,000 before I'd consider flipping one of the P-Pucks. And that's probably too cheap if it's a 70.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are you guys saying that if you ordered multiples with the same BILLING address, different credit cards and different shipping names/addresses...they'll still get canceled?

That seems kind of crappy. Or are they basing a "household" on shipping addresses alone? >>

My guess is they will cancel them based upon the duplicate billing address.

We shall see.

Let us know.

The limit is one unit per household. That should apply to the shipping address, not the billing address. If my neighbor doesn't have a CC and I purchase it for him, why should his order get canceled if the coin is shipped to his household?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    I was guessing.

let us know what the results are.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>I don't see the downside to these with 27k mintage and silver making an all-time high soon--and the press that goes with it. I say they climb steadily from here until the next bear market. When's that; maybe 5-10 years??? There will be dips, but would you rather own scarce silver collectibles or U.S. paper dollars over the next 5 years?image

It'd take $1,000 before I'd consider flipping one of the P-Pucks. And that's probably too cheap if it's a 70. >>

with how fast the silver price fell earlier in the week, the next bear market could be "in a couple of meetings. (fed. res. mtg)"

<< <i>My guess is they will cancel them based upon the duplicate billing address.

We shall see.

Let us know. >>

It's based on one per "Shipping Address."
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [ was guessing.

let us know what the results are.

I will...hopefully with positive results..image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • My order begins with 37369
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    2010 ATB SILVER COIN - HOT SPRINGS X37340xxx

$279.95

$279.95

1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 05/12/2011.

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill

<< <i>

<< <i>A confirmation # of 37367XXX would be over 27,000 mint orders since noon... >>

So what's the gambling odds that those aren't all orders for these pucks? >>

Just some general thoughts, which you are welcome to buy, or ignore..

The odds are that there probably WERE folks who logged in to order something else entirely, and had no intention of getting one of these.. but if the site was so bogged down from the Hot Springs frenzy, that they couldn't order their bag of quarters, or a Proof Set, what're the odds that they'd just say "screw it".. and give up, and try again later?..

Was there any other low-Mintage item that was on the verge of a sell-out, that people just HAD to try to order today?.. I can't think of anything, off-hand..

I'll sit on the bench with the people who think that 99.99% of the orders the Mint took today were for the Hot Springs manhole cover.. anyone who keeps up with the latest product news KNEW that they went on sale at noon ET today, and, unless they had to be away from a computer (as in "still has a job").. was furiously waxing their modem, logged-in, refreshing the sales page, and waiting to throw one in the shopping cart..

But the crowd that posts here is MUCH more jacked-in than the average, casual buyer, who just buys a Proof Set and a Mint Set every year, and nothing else.. and there are legions, millions, of casual collectors who are NOT eBay flippers (not that everyone here is.. far from it).. could care less about the huge Silver Frisbee, probably or didn't even know about it, (it wasn't even IN the Mint's printed "Spring Catalog", which I just got in the mail yesterday).. and / or simply couldn't hack spending almost three hundred bucks for one, even if they did know when it went on sale.. money is tight.. collector coins are a luxury item, not a necessity, and that kind of money will buy a lot of groceries..

There are STILL a lot of people who don't even own a computer, and many others who don't understand all the inner guts of the Internet, server farms, and all of that..

Remember the uproar and letters to the Editor in CW, from hobbyists who only ordered by mail, kvetching and moaning that those young whippersnappers with computers didn't have to pay shipping on Internet orders, but because they ordered by mail, they DID?.. The Mint probably got a boatload of complaints.. "unfair! unfair!".. so instead of making shipping free for everyone, they made the Internet buyers pay for it instead..

I have NO idea if the "no longer available - you're on a waiting list" text is tied to a sales database, and goes up automatically.. or if a human bean has to look through the sales numbers, and put it up manually, or if the sales numbers that the phone reps have are absolutely up-to-the-minute current, or lagging hours behind..

Why can't the sales page have its own counter that updates dynamically, as each one is sold, and displays the number still available?.. Heh.. that'd probably eliminate half the postings in this thread, from people trying to calculate how many are left, based on order numbers.. and besides, it's too logical a thing to do..

Lastly, when one phones in an order, aren't the calls routed to some third-party, non-gubmint contractor anyway, or is one talking to an actual US Mint employee?..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."

<< <i>

<< <i>

So what's the gambling odds that those aren't all orders for these pucks? >>

Just some general thoughts, which you are welcome to buy, or ignore..

The odds are that there probably WERE folks who logged in to order something else entirely, and had no intention of getting one of these.. but if the site was so bogged down from the Hot Springs frenzy, that they couldn't order their bag of quarters, or a Proof Set, what're the odds that they'd just say "screw it".. and give up, and try again later?..

Was there any other low-Mintage item that was on the verge of a sell-out, that people just HAD to try to order today?.. I can't think of anything, off-hand..

I'll sit on the bench with the people who think that 99.99% of the orders the Mint took today were for the Hot Springs manhole cover.. anyone who keeps up with the latest product news KNEW that they went on sale at noon ET today, and, unless they had to be away from a computer (as in "still has a job").. was furiously waxing their modem, logged-in, refreshing the sales page, and waiting to throw one in the shopping cart..

But the crowd that posts here is MUCH more jacked-in than the average, casual buyer, who just buys a Proof Set and a Mint Set every year, and nothing else.. and there are legions, millions, of casual collectors who are NOT eBay flippers (not that everyone here is.. far from it).. could care less about the huge Silver Frisbee, probably or didn't even know about it, (it wasn't even IN the Mint's printed "Spring Catalog", which I just got in the mail yesterday).. and / or simply couldn't hack spending almost three hundred bucks for one, even if they did know when it went on sale.. money is tight.. collector coins are a luxury item, not a necessity, and that kind of money will buy a lot of groceries..

There are STILL a lot of people who don't even own a computer, and many others who don't understand all the inner guts of the Internet, server farms, and all of that..

Remember the uproar and letters to the Editor in CW, from hobbyists who only ordered by mail, kvetching and moaning that those young whippersnappers with computers didn't have to pay shipping on Internet orders, but because they ordered by mail, they DID?.. The Mint probably got a boatload of complaints.. "unfair! unfair!".. so instead of making shipping free for everyone, they made the Internet buyers pay for it instead..

I have NO idea if the "no longer available - you're on a waiting list" text is tied to a sales database, and goes up automatically.. or if a human bean has to look through the sales numbers, and put it up manually, or if the sales numbers that the phone reps have are absolutely up-to-the-minute current, or lagging hours behind..

Why can't the sales page have its own counter that updates dynamically, as each one is sold, and displays the number still available?.. Heh.. that'd probably eliminate half the postings in this thread, from people trying to calculate how many are left, based on order numbers.. and besides, it's too logical a thing to do..

Lastly, when one phones in an order, aren't the calls routed to some third-party, non-gubmint contractor anyway, or is one talking to an actual US Mint employee?.. >>

While I did put one in my cart at noon today I didn't try to pull the trigger then. Honestly tonight I ordered just to see if it would go through...I do not expect to get one of these with this order after 7 hours of sales just based on the 6 month action going on with these so far.
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some crazy Buy It Now numbers showing op on the bay. $699 on one. Highest biding looks like $455 w/ 5 bids.

Listings on the Bay

• labloverlablover Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>37340 >>

Just a guess here; but I think the 37340 number is a product prefix and the last three numbers are the numbers of units sold. Again, just a guess.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

<< <i>Some crazy Buy It Now numbers showing op on the bay

Listings on the Bay >>

look at the completed sales

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill

<< <i>

<< <i>37340 >>

Just a guess here; but I think the 37340 number is a product prefix and the last three numbers are the numbers of units sold. Again, just a guess. >>

it is, but someone is not going to give you their # and if they do they are not to smart

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill

<< <i>

<< <i>37340 >>

Just a guess here; but I think the 37340 number is a product prefix and the last three numbers are the numbers of units sold. Again, just a guess. >>

37340xxx is an order number with the last three digits hidden.

my order number is 37343xxx.

they are sequential.

(with 27,000 of these the last 3 digits cannot make up the number sold)

<< <i>

<< <i>Some crazy Buy It Now numbers showing op on the bay

Listings on the Bay >>

look at the completed sales >>

I keep contemplating one, so I have to look and immediately close the window to prevent myself from speculating on these.

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< Some crazy Buy It Now numbers showing op on the bay

Listings on the Bay >>

look at the completed sales

I see a low sale of $439 to a high of $699. Most $440-$480

• I tried to order one for my mom and using my credit card and the order vanished. Looks to me like nothing can be the same billing address or shipping address.
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, figured I might as well try to join in the fun since people are already paying way over the issue price... just put my order in at around 8:30pm EDT and it's order no. 373709XX

Took maybe two minutes to complete the entire ordering process image

• It is heartening to know that one should be able to order the future numispucks without too much trouble. You just need to make sure you can order on the same day they go on sale.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • I see one went for $700 on eBay earlier. I wonder if the the people who sold to MCM for $330 are bummed. image
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    how many are left? does anybody knowimage
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny

• << <i>Ok, figured I might as well try to join in the fun since people are already paying way over the issue price... just put my order in at around 8:30pm EDT and it's order no. 373709XX

Took maybe two minutes to complete the entire ordering process image >>

These are probably running on fumes....that order # is in the range of ~30,000 higher than this morning's numbers.

Granted, these aren't the only things selling, but they are most definitely making up the majority of today's orders....

Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I see one went for $700 on eBay earlier. I wonder if the the people who sold to MCM for $330 are bummed. image >>

Can't believe those committed to the MCM deal will honor the deal when they receive their coins, $50 over cost is, ahem, low. image

Can't blame MCM for trying, though. I bet an MCM BST thread similar to their puck buy thread shows up eventually offering more than $50 over cost.

Edited for spelling, syntax and meaning what I think

<< <i>I see one went for $700 on eBay earlier. I wonder if the the people who sold to MCM for $330 are bummed. image >>

Nah.. just fools..

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>how many are left? does anybody knowimage >>

I think that they are currently sold out. They've clearly taken orders in excess of 27K, but even counting those w/double orders, bad CCs, etc. I think that they are currently sold out.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Can't believe those committed to the MCM deal will honor the deal when they receive their coins, $50 over cost is, ahem, low. image

Can't blame MCM for trying, though. I bet an MCM BST thread similar to their puck buy thread shows up eventually offering more than $50 over cost.

Edited for spelling, syntax and meaning what I think >>

Pre-sales will catch a lot of the high prices, but a lot of times, prices do go down. MCM making the offer with just a conf number is a leap of faith...good for them.
    If I had pre-sold to them for that (remember, they are also incl $25 above that for the mailing to them, so it is $50 profit for doing almost nothing), then I would honor it. Anyone who doesn't shouldn't be dealt with, imho.

Only time will tell how much they end up for, but you can probably bet that if/when MCM creates a BST thread similar to the earlier 2010 puck buy they did, then it will be for coins in-hand. The first to get them will likely be the ones reaping the rewards...the later ones maybe not so much.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It is heartening to know that one should be able to order the future numispucks without too much trouble. You just need to make sure you can order on the same day they go on sale. >>

I agree. I'm very glad about this. Without question it seems that one can get any future issues w/o going nuts at noon.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • While I'm not necessarily advocating selling to MCM or Elite, I think it is important to remember that these guys represent a much less risky sale than going on ebay. Plus, there are ebay fees too. I wouldn't necessarily call these folks fools....there's a lot to be said about a quick, no-headache sale.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Ok, figured I might as well try to join in the fun since people are already paying way over the issue price... just put my order in at around 8:30pm EDT and it's order no. 373709XX

Took maybe two minutes to complete the entire ordering process image >>

These are probably running on fumes....that order # is in the range of ~30,000 higher than this morning's numbers.

Granted, these aren't the only things selling, but they are most definitely making up the majority of today's orders.... >>

You folks need to remember there are phantom order numbers in there as well. For instance, my original order was started just before 9am, then errored out about 10 minutes later.....another was created, same thing. Then another. I think my purchase order number was probably my 5th one. I don't think the mint's system handles things like that well and they probably just skip the phantom numbers....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Can anyone tell me why someone would pay 400+ for a the P mint mark puck on ebay when you can still get them at the mint?
  • CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭
    has anyone had the funds taken from their account yet? i ordered an ATB, and some proof sets.. they took the funds for the pf sets but not the atb image

also.. i grabbed another atb with a different bank account and a different address, it went through the checkout, i got the confirmation email, but it doesn't show up in the 'track your order' area..................?? image
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can anyone tell me why someone would pay 400+ for a the P mint mark puck on ebay when you can still get them at the mint? >>

cause it's one per household and maybe they want a 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th...

• << <i>Can anyone tell me why someone would pay 400+ for a the P mint mark puck on ebay when you can still get them at the mint? >>

Because, some people want more than one. Some folks don't have family and friends to buy more for them. There are also dealers that have hundreds of orders from clients and that is the only way for them to get them. I can't imagine that anyone buying off of ebay hasn't already bought their $279 mint special. This happens every time there is a 1 per household limit.
  • Ok that makes sense. Thanks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file