Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• Options
    a $450 BIN OBO (3) total just popped up on ebay. Seller has 0 feedback, but claims that its a new account just for selling his bullion.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>On feebay -

Two auctions for HS "P" currently running.

Once the Mint sells out, feebay will be interesting to check out... >>

That's me image ...I'm the first auction ending (by my search anyway). Closing at 11:22:09 PDT tomorrow. Just thought I'd see what the market is...figured I didn't have anything to lose knowing it'll bring more than the purchase price. >>

As long as you don't use the profits to bid agaisnt me its alright image Good luck image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    In looking at my Mint account it shows two orders...one as "suspended" from when the site crashed and one as "on hold" from when I went back in and placed the order. I only thought the one went through. I am half tempted to leave it as is and see what happens, but I assume suspended means - no soup for you!
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Has anybody ordered a couple hours ago and not received an order confirmation email yet?
  • Options
    Anyone NOT have their order show up in their US Mint account but get a confirmation email?

I spoke to a lady on the phone to change my billing address and mentioned this and she said to just wait it out. She said the order shows up in her system so everything "should be alright".
  • Options

<< <i>In looking at my Mint account it shows two orders...one as "suspended" from when the site crashed and one as "on hold" from when I went back in and placed the order. I only thought the one went through. I am half tempted to leave it as is and see what happens, but I assume suspended means - no soup for you! >>

That is exactly what happened to me, I had two orders show up, one says hold the other suspended. I called and had them cancel one, but it scares me now because the one she kept is the one I don't remember ever pressing place order since the screen never loaded, and I haven't gotten an order confirmation email either.
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    No cancel option on my Mint order status page. I know from experience that I could still cancel by calling if I desired.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    Just ordered I'm 37363xxx!
  • Options

<< <i>Just ordered I'm 37363xxx! >>

That puts us at 23K then by my estimate - not gonna be much longer.
  • Options

<< <i>Just ordered I'm 37363xxx! >>

5000 to go.
  • Options

# 37362XXX
  • Options
    My guess is a sellout this evening when everyone gets home from work.
  • Options

<< <i>On feebay -

Five completed BINs for HS "P", price range - $450 to $464.99

Four HS "P" BINs, $475 - 649, not sold yet,

Problem with these presellers is they are putting a cavaet in if they can't deliver to you in 30 days per ebay requirements then they will refund your money. BS. If prices rise they will never deliver the coins, if they tank or stay about where they are at $475 you will get them. These presellers are a bunch of tools and seems they have all done it before.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>On feebay -

Problem with these presellers is they are putting a cavaet in if they can't deliver to you in 30 days per ebay requirements then they will refund your money. BS. If prices rise they will never deliver the coins, if they tank or stay about where they are at $475 you will get them. These presellers are a bunch of tools and seems they have all done it before. >>

I did a presale on a 2010 ATB silver set and I sent them, even though silver was rising...I don't think they're ALL tools. But I do hear what you're saying.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Too early to sell, it will be better next week.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>In looking at my Mint account it shows two orders...one as "suspended" from when the site crashed and one as "on hold" from when I went back in and placed the order. I only thought the one went through. I am half tempted to leave it as is and see what happens, but I assume suspended means - no soup for you! >>

That is exactly what happened to me, I had two orders show up, one says hold the other suspended. I called and had them cancel one, but it scares me now because the one she kept is the one I don't remember ever pressing place order since the screen never loaded, and I haven't gotten an order confirmation email either. >>

I have the same fear that they would cancel the wrong one. Only one e-mail confirmation showed up and the order number matches the one that I thought went through after the crash, so I am just going to assume all will work out as is.

The other odd order also shows up in a shopping cart when I log in. So I am confident that it won't help or hurt if I don't hit submit order. Once I have my puck in hand then I will go in and try to clean up my account.
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    I completed my order at 12:05, my confirmation email was not sent until 12:45, it is timestamped 12:45. My web page order time is 12:05. The web site crash is going to cause many irregularities, wait till the wait list gets posted then there is the FIFO shipping..........

edited for off-topic: as we speak SILVER 04/28/2011 15:51 48.55 48.57 +0.78 +1.63% 47.27 49.57 almost touched $50.00 today

(l8-)>>

• Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>These presellers are a bunch of tools and seems they have all done it before. >>

Thank you...I appreciate your input.

Sincerely,
    Tool

You know...I've never done a presale before, but on the 5 oz bullion sets I saw what the first presales brought and realized I'd left some money on the table. To each their own.

Edit: Let me add if it shows up on my doorstep regardless of the price at the time...I guarantee it will ship.
  • Options
    Just bought one on ebay for $399 shipped. Now lets see if I actually get it.
  • Options

<< <i>Just bought one on ebay for $399 shipped. Now lets see if I actually get it. >>

Why wouldn't you just buy from the mint?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>On feebay -

Problem with these presellers is they are putting a cavaet in if they can't deliver to you in 30 days per ebay requirements then they will refund your money. BS. If prices rise they will never deliver the coins, if they tank or stay about where they are at $475 you will get them. These presellers are a bunch of tools and seems they have all done it before. >>

I did a presale on a 2010 ATB silver set and I sent them, even though silver was rising...I don't think they're ALL tools. But I do hear what you're saying. >>

Not saying all presellers are tools but alot are - been down this road before. If people start reporting issues I can post how you can make them start having issues with ebay and paypal going forward.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just bought one on ebay for $399 shipped. Now lets see if I actually get it. >>

Was it a BIN? Makes no sense for the seller. Losing money.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered three units for three different addresses--one before the web site crash and two right after it. Hope they go through!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Any pre-sales for a PCGS MS70DMPL up yet? image

And......will this finish even grade DM?
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    Hey, Kids..

I'm no eBay novice, but there are so many different ways the Hot Springs "collector" version could be listed, what's a good combination of eBay keywords with or without -minus signs, to find ONLY the 27,000 Mintage "collector" version.. since there's also the Bullion version, and I don't even know how many different sets and singles and combinations of the regular quarter-sized version in both clad and Silver, in both Unc. and Proof?..

I want to set up a search, and follow these on eBay, both as pre-sales, and after people start getting them in a few weeks.. so, what's a good search string that eliminates all the other variants, the Bullions, the Bullions in slabs, and the quarter-sized versions, so I don't end up with hundreds of results?..

Thanks, and you may now return to your lives, which are already in progress..

Harv

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    Well the order I don't remember ordering was apparently in error because it is now gone. So I went from being 1000 in to now having to reorder. Anyway I just reordered and my order number from 12:53 is 37364xxx.
  • Options
    baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭
    I had one in my shopping cart and was checking out when the mint's web servers crashed.

That order #37350xxx is now suspended.
    Got through on the telephone right before the website came back online, that order # 37353xxx is On Hold.

Looks like I got one valid order in over the telephone.

Seems like a lot of aggravation and work for five stinking ounces of silver.

Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • Options

<< <i>Any pre-sales for a PCGS MS70DMPL up yet? image

And......will this finish even grade DM? >>

How could it, if it's a "vapor-blasted", and, thus, I ASSume, "Satin" or "Matte" finish?.. so these would be graded MS-[number] Yes? No?.. or will they get an "SMS" designation, like the 1998-S Kennedy Matte Finish from the JFK / RFK set?..

I realize these were all Minted last year, and held back, but did they make new dies for the "collector" version, or did they "vapor-blast" the dies they had already used for the Bullion version?..

I haven't seen anyone with an authoritative answer to that, yet..

It's always something..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • Options
    I am new here and this is my first post. I got mine in about the first 10 minutes on the website. 37340XXX
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ordered by phone at 3:00 PM CST.
    Still in stock.......................# 3736XXXX

Wasn't really interested but $285 is not a bad price..........image
  • Options
    The pre-sales are in full force on Feebay. Some are a bit low IMO.
    I'm not a vigilante, I'm an undocumented border patrol agent!
  • Options

<< <i>

Why wouldn't you just buy from the mint? >>

I did....but I wanted another one. I'm all out of family and friends. It seems that they all want one for themselves.
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    If I order from my laptop, connected to my WiFi network, does it have a different IP address? I was thinking of using my wife's name and her debit card. But would the mailing address (our PO Box) be the killer?
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options

<< <i>Well the order I don't remember ordering was apparently in error because it is now gone. So I went from being 1000 in to now having to reorder. Anyway I just reordered and my order number from 12:53 is 37364xxx. >>

Glad you got that figured out before they were all gone!
  • Options

<< <i>Hey, Kids..

I'm no eBay novice, but there are so many different ways the Hot Springs "collector" version could be listed, what's a good combination of eBay keywords with or without -minus signs, to find ONLY the 27,000 Mintage "collector" version.. since there's also the Bullion version, and I don't even know how many different sets and singles and combinations of the regular quarter-sized version in both clad and Silver, in both Unc. and Proof?..

I want to set up a search, and follow these on eBay, both as pre-sales, and after people start getting them in a few weeks.. so, what's a good search string that eliminates all the other variants, the Bullions, the Bullions in slabs, and the quarter-sized versions, so I don't end up with hundreds of results?..

Thanks, and you may now return to your lives, which are already in progress..

Harv >>

Hot Springs P brings up the majority - all with the same caveat about 30 day shipping nonsense for the most part.
  • Options
    Got an order in at 12:39 pm. Order No 37347xxx.
    Received confirmation email.
    But order status says 'Order request is on hold' !
    Is this for everyone?
  • Options
    Yes, but just to vent I am pretty mad right now. I had an order that clearly showed up in my track order page and I even called and talked to a representative about and all looked good 30 minutes ago for order 373489xx and now all of a sudden there is no trace of it, it is gone, I just talked to 3 representatives and it is absolutely gone. So I had to reorder just now and was pushed back to order number 37364xxx. Ughhhh!!
  • Options

<< <i>I had one in my shopping cart and was checking out when the mint's web servers crashed.

That order #37350xxx is now suspended.
    Got through on the telephone right before the website came back online, that order # 37353xxx is On Hold.

Looks like I got one valid order in over the telephone.

Seems like a lot of aggravation and work for five stinking ounces of silver. >>

So when you log into your mint account does it also show a shopping cart with an item in it matching the suspended order?
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Got an order in at 12:39 pm. Order No 37347xxx.
    Is this for everyone? >>

yes and image
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    In light of the site crash, and recent events, I would suggest anyone who has any doubt about their order, or who has not yet received a confirmation email, call and confirm their status.....just to be sure

edited to add: ask for "Peggy" (sorry just had to throw that in).

(l8-)>>

• Options

Is this for everyone? >>

Yes.. everyone goes "on hold" first.. then, after some period of time, which usually isn't very long.. it should change to "in process", after they diddle with your CC, and the [x] cancel box will go away.. and then finally to "shipped" with a tracking number, sometime around 12 May, 2011, when they start shipping them.. unless they over-sold on porpoise.. but there's no indication (yet), that all 27,000 are gone.. if they do accept orders for more than 27,000, then an order could get shoved to the back of the bus, also known as "the waiting list".. this could happen if someone decided "I spent over $280.00 on WHAT!?" or gets thunked on the head by the spouse or significant udder, or realizes "urk, that's the car payment!"..

Also, they may take orders for more than 27,000, based on the past history of people cancelling their orders, or trying to slip through cracks in the "one per household" restriction, and outright cancel orders from those who try to break the rules..

But once the "on hold" goes away, and the [x] cancel box goes away, you're Golden.. err.. Silver.. and you should get your manhole cover..

• Options
    John91CJohn91C Posts: 300 ✭✭
    Well my sister had to cancel her order (one for my sister) since I had to get online to order for her but she didn't have her CC # on file at the mint, so I had to use my billing address (and my CC # which was different than my order) and her shipping address...she got out of her surgery (all went well) and she was able to order on her own with her billing and shipping info. She got a confirmation e-mail but that doesn't always guarantee the product, right?

Order #: 37365*** @ 3:19 pm cst
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Email confirmation time stamped 12:12. Order # 37341xxx.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Orders now at 37266XXX. 26,000 orders in so far if you start at 37240XXX
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    No one was able to answer my question regarding ordering via my laptop, so here's what happened:

I went to the Mint's site, found the ATB page, clicked on the order button, and then chose the "guest" checkout. I then used my wife's debit card rather than our credit card and my yahoo email address. It processed immediately with an order number 37366XXX - 1 and said it was back-ordered. I checked my yahoo email account for grins, and the confirmation was there with all of the info.

What are the chances that the info for the order was different enough not to trigger an edit cancellation for more than one per household?

Does the back order status, rather than "on hold" mean she's on the waiting list?
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭
    looks like just a few 1500-3000 left
  • Options

<< <i>

Is this for everyone? >>

yes and image >>

<< <i>

Is this for everyone? >>

Yes.. everyone goes "on hold" first.. then, after some period of time, which usually isn't very long.. it should change to "in process", after they diddle with your CC, and the [x] cancel box will go away.. and then finally to "shipped" with a tracking number, sometime around 12 May, 2011, when they start shipping them.. unless they over-sold on porpoise.. but there's no indication (yet), that all 27,000 are gone.. if they do accept orders for more than 27,000, then an order could get shoved to the back of the bus, also known as "the waiting list".. this could happen if someone decided "I spent over $280.00 on WHAT!?" or gets thunked on the head by the spouse or significant udder, or realizes "urk, that's the car payment!"..

Also, they may take orders for more than 27,000, based on the past history of people cancelling their orders, or trying to slip through cracks in the "one per household" restriction, and outright cancel orders from those who try to break the rules..

But once the "on hold" goes away, and the [x] cancel box goes away, you're Golden.. err.. Silver.. and you should get your manhole cover.. >>

Thanks a lot guys.
  • Options
    I don't know how accurate order numbers are, I have two order numbers that are no longer tied to actual orders because apparently during the crash they just disappeared. The CSR said "Oh, I don't know what happened to that order number, I am showing it as an inactive order number, we did have a crash earlier with the website, that could have something to do with it," Yes it did crash!! Now where is my order... image
  • Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file