Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭
    Good luck folks. By my count they are nearly 2/3 gone.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lowest order number I've seen has been 37341200, doesn't seem like they will sell out for AT LEAST another two hours.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Whos going to start the next give away,

guess when the mint gets their sht right >>

imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Ok so if you already have it in cart and the server crashed, if it goes back up and I still have it in cart, does that mean I've locked in on a set???

Also, could I just create a bunch of accounts and use addresses with everyone I know and have it all shipped with my name? lol. >>

1) nope..but if you get back in before it sells out it still will be in your cart (actually it will be in your cart until you remove it)

2) each account needs a name and credit card with the same name/address as the account holder. You could open an account for your sister but you would have to use her credit card and ship to the address on that card
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The United States Mint is experiencing technical difficulties. During this time period, you will not be able to use the website. To place an order please call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). We apologize for the inconvenience.

Yea, right! But what other choice do I have...

Call the number, Welcome we are happy that you called. Press one to place an order… (hehehehe in the background)

This call may be monitored to record you pizzed offimage in the background when you recieve the busy signal for the millionth time. (Rolling on floor laughter in background)

These recordings will be played at the annual Christmas Party for that extra special cheer!
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<How many phone tries did it take you? >>

Less than a half-hour ago, I got through after about 10 quick attempts using the redial button.

Press or say one...click...dial tone...[redial]...rinse and repeat!

If you hear the next welcome message about ordering the ATB Hot Springs, you're in. And a live person picks up right after that.

Good luck!
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed all the fun.

This is the first time in two years of panic buying that I've seen the system crash.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    +/- 100
    Order number: 37340600 (+/- 100)

Order Date: 04/28/2011 at 12:05 AM

Order Status: Your order request is on hold.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Asking my question again sorry to bother you again, but what happens if my order accidentally went through twice?? Will I get to keep one? Thank you.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>lowest order number I've seen has been 37341200, doesn't seem like they will sell out for AT LEAST another two hours. >>

i have a lower # FWIW
  • Options
    Geez, i got hung up in the ordering process and started over. Now I get two different confirmation numbers. Will they cancel one or both?
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    Is it really worth the aggravation to be the first kid on the block with a new toy? This situation with the Mint's servers has been on going for years and it's obvious that they have had no interest in upgrading the system.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Phone orders only just got Number 2 and I am done good luck image up to 373527?? >>

How many phone tries did it take you? >>

over 1 hr or dialing
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    Site is back up.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭
    it'ssss baaacckkk
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Website back up folks!!!!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well after trying on the phone for about 15 mins. and got the busy signal each time I tried using option 0 (zero) instead of 1. I got through on the first try. If this works for you then you can thank me later.

Order # 37353xxx

Looks like about 13,000 are sold.
  • Options
    <<lowest order number I've seen has been 37341200>>

My first order was actually lower...at 12:03, believe it or not. It was actually a cakewalk.

Then the real fun began when I tried for No. 2...an hour and a half later! Online was pointless, but the phone worked in under 10 minutes.
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WEb is back try again!
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    wait till the commotion is over, early tomorrow, and explain to them that it resulted from their system crash, I can't believe that they won't make it right.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Success. Took nearly two hrs but I finally got one. Switched to Google Chrome. Seems faster.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    Website is back up.
  • Options
    got my order placed in about 2 minutes. get back on before everyone figures it out.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    2 orders in a minute....whew...
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and running smooth and quickly. In in out in less than 1 minute. they must have added a whole lot of RAM.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    tidemantideman Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Website up, took 30 seconds to complete order.
  • Options
    I haven't had this much fun since my last rectal exam!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Site is back up. >>

THANKS COASTERFAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think that anyone knows that yet. Just got on and placed the order in a minute. #37353XXX at 13:51.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    Ok finally made it through after 1hr 48min = 1:48pm EST. Had to ask how important it was at this point.

37353***
    Seth
  • Options
    There is one selling on ebay right now for $450 buy it now. Do you think that is too much to pay for a second one?
  • Options
    Nice, under 60 seconds to place order!
  • Options
    CraigLCraigL Posts: 91 ✭✭
    Back up.. ripped through order #2 (53xxx) in <1 minute.

Bets on if it crashes again? image

-Craig
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I just got home later than expected.

Took 10 minutes by phone.

order # 37353XXX

Joe
  • Options
    OK

I'm thinking sell out before nightfall on east coast.

This is crazy fast.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    It doesn't take long to reset servers.
  • Options
    John91CJohn91C Posts: 300 ✭✭
    Website back up...able to order a lot faster. Got one ordered for my sister.

Order Number: 37354*** @ 1:57pm
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    So about 15K. These will be gone in 2 hours.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow thats cool 2 more orders thru there website now that puppy is fast......................woohoooimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Guys I wouldn't wait on these, my numbers show 240 orders per minute once it sprung back up...Thats impressive...
  • Options
    Well that was fast after it came back up!

I got two orders in in two minutes. There were almost 800 order numbers in those two minutes and this is almost two hours into the order process.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Secondary market guess time...what will the first ones in hand bring on Fleabay? I say about $700 raw.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    My order # is XXXXXXXX
    And why does the Mint say don't reveal your order #?

Edited to correct order #
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Got through, order # 53xxx. Even managed to add a second item to qualify for the overnight shipping. Guess most people didn't realize the sight was back up. Thanks everybody image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>wait till the commotion is over, early tomorrow, and explain to them that it resulted from their system crash, I can't believe that they won't make it right. >>

If it happens to a lot of people, they may make it right.

If it happens to a few, they may not.

keep trying.

there's no rule that says you can't try on the phone and one the net at the same time.
  • Options

<< <i>My order # is XXXXX???

And why does the Mint say don't reveal your order #? >>

So someone does not call in and cancel your order for you. You know how nice all your friends areimage

BTW, I would X out the last three not the first five
  • Options
    Order # 37355 1:58
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is it really worth the aggravation to be the first kid on the block with a new toy? This situation with the Mint's servers has been on going for years and it's obvious that they have had no interest in upgrading the system. >>

no but, but we still like to playimage
  • Options
    You can usually call with your order number only and get information on shipping and maybe even change your shipping address? Since a lot of us ordered just before you I bet I could guess your exact full order number. I would remove at least you last numbers when posting info like that.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>wait till the commotion is over, early tomorrow, and explain to them that it resulted from their system crash, I can't believe that they won't make it right. >>

If it happens to a lot of people, they may make it right.

If it happens to a few, they may not.

keep trying.

there's no rule that says you can't try on the phone and one the net at the same time. >>

But the difference here is that the phone order takers may have gotten an ear full about the web site who will then pass that on to the website people...
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Uh... That order # I posted is fictitious. A lie. Not real. I can't spell ATB and don't know how to order in the first place.
    Thanks Bat.
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file