Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    I got to the check out page 3 times and had the site tell me there was a internal error and to call in a order.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    37341xxx

Took about half an hour.. the site turned to molasses as soon as the clock ticked to noon ET..

I did what I've done before in situations like this.. the last time with the Lincoln Coin and Krinkles set in 2009..

I had two Firefox windows open, quick check-out set-up previously, and was logged in..

After numerous re-loads, I was able to put one in the cart, then switched to the second window, to finish the "quick checkout"..

Got the confirming email half an hour after that..

Order status says "on hold", and "backordered", of course, but I've seen that before in these situations.. then it should change to "in process", and finally, to "shipped", but they're not shipping for another two weeks..

Now to see how fast these sell-out and the "waiting list" sign appears..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭
    Very painful, but I got my order in before the crash. Order 37349XXX, using Chrome. Chrome beat both IE and Firefox for me.
  • Options
    CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭
    i just wasted an hour of my life hitting refresh

for nothing

grr
  • Options
    Does anyone think that the US Mint will contract with APMEX to sell the rest now that their site has crashed?
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    A family member called just before the crash

their order number was 37351***.

Esitmate the first order was around 37340***, would indicate 11,000 orders. Half way there.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    So about 6000 orders in only 45 minutes. 27,000/6000. Sell out in 8 hours is my guess. Though their phones will be much slower.
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭
    Mints webpage has be replace with this

usmint
  • Options

<< <i>So about 6000 orders in only 45 minutes. 27,000/6000. Sell out in 8 hours is my guess. Though their phones will be much slower. >>

I noticed that there was about a 8000 order number difference at 45 minutes. I think the first order number posted was about page 32 or 33.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    order confirmed with e-mail @ 11:26 CST, order - 37344XXX
  • Options
    I'll bet you're all proud of yourselves for crashing the Mint's servers. image

Good thing I decided not to wait until after the initial wave subsided. Getting through on the phone without a demon dialer is going to be impossible!
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Well, they at least have a new error message up now. Trying the phones w/o much luck.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had finally loaded my cart just before the crash. It had added items to my cart that I never ordered (Spouse medals - was never even on that page). Then it crashed before I could place the order. Unreal.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭
    It's broke!

The United States Mint is experiencing technical difficulties. During this time period, you will not be able to use the website. To place an order please call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The United States Mint is experiencing technical difficulties. During this time period, you will not be able to use the website. To place an order please call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). We apologize for the inconvenience.

Portions © 1998-2011. The United States Mint. All Rights Reserved.
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

<< <i>I'll bet you're all proud of yourselves for crashing the Mint's servers. image

Good thing I decided not to wait until after the initial wave subsided. Getting through on the phone without a demon dialer is going to be impossible! >>

What good is a demon dialer? You have to navigate the push one to place an order b.s. It's easy to get to that stage, it's then that you get the busy signal as the one agent there is busy (reminds me of the jerk at Prudential).
  • Options
    time for an Upgrayedd
  • Options
    And dum dums want to use the mint to distribute bullion directly to the public. Laughable. This POS site hasn't really changed in 4 years - the tech is antiquated and no plans for a wholesale upgrade until 2012. Really?
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

I feel sorry for anyone who committed to MCM to sell theirs. Prices for these on the secondary market will go through the roof now!

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>I had finally loaded my cart just before the crash. It had added items to my cart that I never ordered (Spouse medals - was never even on that page). Then it crashed before I could place the order. Unreal. >>

Well, I got skunked so far, had the review order page within 3 minutes and everything locked...Keep in mind whenever they fix it the items are still in the cart, gotta wonder how many stuck carts there are? My buddy also had an issue where it threw a 2009 lincoln cooin and chronicles set in his cart...wtf...As I expected the servers blew up...image
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Would you cancel an order with a order number 8000 before your second that was made by mistake? I apparently ordered twice, the second time when I was contemplating ordering with a filler to get the expedited shipping. Now it wont let me cancel that second order but will let me cancel the first with only the coin in it. I'm not even sure how it ordered, I never even saw a place order button.
  • Options
    got thru on the phone!
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's broke!

The United States Mint is experiencing technical difficulties. During this time period, you will not be able to use the website. To place an order please call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). We apologize for the inconvenience. >>

To place a order now you will have to speak to Peggy!image
  • Options
    CraigLCraigL Posts: 91 ✭✭
    Egger - Great 'Idiocracy' reference image

Site is dead again.

I can't see this coin lasting longer than 24-36 hours. It may not even last 12.

Got 1 (44xxx) about 40 minutes ago....trying for #2 now.

-Craig
  • Options
    & after you select place order it just rings busy. image
  • Options
    ResRes Posts: 1,086

<< <i>I'll bet you're all proud of yourselves for crashing the Mint's servers. image

Good thing I decided not to wait until after the initial wave subsided. Getting through on the phone without a demon dialer is going to be impossible! >>

Demon dialer won't help. There are two levels of call answering. The first level picked up every time. Then you press 1 for orders and you get a busy.
  • Options
    Does anyone remember when the US Mint lost a bunch of online orders about a year ago? I've got an email confirmation, but I won't feel good until coin is in hand.
  • Options
    Methinks this will skew the sellout guesses a bit....

The way it was going they all would have been sold before dinner time....now who knows....not many sales tonight if the website isn't back up....
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Don't the Reps on the phone use the same system. I would think they can't order either.

BTW, I think we are 10,000 in, not 6000.

Last order I've seen is 37351***

• Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>I feel sorry for anyone who committed to MCM to sell theirs. Prices for these on the secondary market will go through the roof now! >>

Absolutely.. his $330.00 offer was, to put it politely.. insulting..

What do you supppose his store price will be, when he has them in-hand?..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    My first was #37340xxx
    So definitely over 10k
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    I can only imagine how the next 4 coins will go. They'd better man the phone lines better.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got thru phone jeeezz tells me no more internet site is down for repair? finally after 1 hour demon dialer useless as they all ring thru and than after number 1 busy woohooooimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,487 ✭✭✭✭
    A couple of things I don;t like about the US Mint:

and

Oh yeah, then there's that phone system and its busy signal! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I had finally loaded my cart just before the crash. It had added items to my cart that I never ordered (Spouse medals - was never even on that page). Then it crashed before I could place the order. Unreal. >>

Well, I got skunked so far, had the review order page within 3 minutes and everything locked...Keep in mind whenever they fix it the items are still in the cart, gotta wonder how many stuck carts there are? My buddy also had an issue where it threw a 2009 lincoln cooin and chronicles set in his cart...wtf...As I expected the servers blew up...image >>

Yes, as I mentioned, it threw other stuff in my cart as well. Of course, I'll take a Chronicles set for $50! Can't believe this $*%(

• Options

<< <i>got thru on the phone! >>

WOW! No luck here...
  • Options
    Ok so if you already have it in cart and the server crashed, if it goes back up and I still have it in cart, does that mean I've locked in on a set???

Also, could I just create a bunch of accounts and use addresses with everyone I know and have it all shipped with my name? lol.
  • Options
    if this was any real company , this would be completely unacceptable and people would be fired,

image OH WELL, THIS WILL JUST HAPPEN AT LEAST 9 MORE TIMES THIS YEAR image

Lets hope the fix it sooner that 2012.
  • Options
    Unreal. This is starting to feel like the first round of Coins and Things....a hundred phone calls just to get skunked. Jeez.
  • Options
    I had other items in my checkout...they were my subscriptions but only the ATB totaled below...of course then the site crashed so my total is currently ZERO!
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    when did the servers crash?
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Twenty minutes ago?
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    the crash was right at 12:00 central time.
    I figure a lot of central time people came on thinking it started a noon...and broke the camel's back
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phone orders only just got Number 2 and I am done good luck image up to 373527??
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    Whos going to start the next give away,

guess when the mint gets their sht right
  • Options
    Order # 37352XXX
    I'm thinking 12000 + now.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep trying the phone...I just got through after about 5 minutes of hitting the redial button!
  • Options
    Based on my order numbers there were approx 2500 orders in 15 minutes before it crashed - not too impressive site performance.....
  • Options

<< <i>Phone orders only just got Number 2 and I am done good luck image up to 373527?? >>

How many phone tries did it take you?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file