Home U.S. Coin Forum

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    So today the HS P puck ships on 5/17. Yesterday it was 5/16. Couple days ago it was 5/14, then changed to 5/13 as I remember.

I'll go with the trend. Tomorrow the ship date will be 5/18.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    Unless there is a big change in the look with the vapor blasting treatment.
    These P Pucks may very well be a flop due to customer confusion.

Really interested in contrasting the looks of the two issues.

Loves me some shiny!
  • mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

well the pension check came in and I ordered one this morning.Guess Ms Morrisine was right no quick sellout for these.Makes me wonder if future years will have lower mintages?image
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have shipment confirmation on my order #37350XXX
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Unless there is a big change in the look with the vapor blasting treatment.
    These P Pucks may very well be a flop due to customer confusion.

Really interested in contrasting the looks of the two issues. >>

I agree that these could look like shibby. Will that help the bullion versions?
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have shipment confirmation on my order #37350XXX >>

Jesse, are you saying your P has shipped, with tracking?
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << I have shipment confirmation on my order #37350XXX >>

<<Jesse, are you saying your P has shipped, with tracking? >>

Yes, please explain...I just checked my #37352XXX and no change in status (ordered within the first 10 minutes).
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>

<< <i>So, who's complaining about a 5-day almost sell-out with the finish line approaching quiclike? Seems like this is gone asap, so maybe 8 days as a stretch? How is that in folks eyes?? >>

Well I think it's pretty impressive considering:

1. Nobody really even knows what this coin is gonna look like
    2. Most people had never even heard of Hot Springs NP before this series
    3. The design on the coin looks more like an elaborate toilet than a national park

Besides, if it had sold out too quickly I'd be stressed about not being able to complete the 2010 P set.

I'm guessing when we get to the well-known parks like Yosemite, GC and Yellowstone the demand will be greater. >>

It will certainly be interesting to see how Yellowstone sells.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

• << <i><< I have shipment confirmation on my order #37350XXX >>

Yes, please explain...I just checked my #37352XXX and no change in status (ordered within the first 10 minutes). >>

I do not having shipping confirmation but the expected shipping date is gone from my order page.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Based upon what's been posted, why fight that opening hour crowd? Looks like the Mint only has the total maximum capacity of around 8,000 orders per hour via the net and phones combined. >>

The only thing that comes to mind is FIFO, and the potential for sealed boxes being 1st strike eligible, not that I'm in to that but it's a consideration for some that want an early order. I don't even know what is up with the FS stuff, seems all of the 33k were eligible.
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i><< I have shipment confirmation on my order #37350XXX >>

Yes, please explain...I just checked my #37352XXX and no change in status (ordered within the first 10 minutes). >>

I do not having shipping confirmation but the expected shipping date is gone from my order page. >>

Ditto.. my order number is 37341xxx, mine still says "on hold", "in stock and reserved", the expected shipping date has vanished, the cancel box is still there, and the track order page says I placed the order on 28 April, 2011 at 12:11 am (should say "pm" not "am" - eleven minutes after noon is "pm"..

But 12-pack boxes of Pop Tarts are on sale at Walgreens for $1.99.. image
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    Mine has shipped as well.. Order # 37344XXX

2nd order (different name & address) has not shipped. Order # 37346XXX
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    37343xxx

Mine's still on hold w/ cancel boxes.

As long as they go out this week, I'll be satisfied that it's close enough to FIFO.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>
    But 12-pack boxes of Pop Tarts are on sale at Walgreens for $1.99.. image >>

Dude. I'm all over that. Think they will take silver for a case or two?
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One order has been delivered.
    <<One order has been delivered. >>

!!!

You mean you already have a P puck in hand?!?!?

<< <i>One order has been delivered. >>

coInimagegratimageulations..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."

<< <i>

<< <i>
    But 12-pack boxes of Pop Tarts are on sale at Walgreens for $1.99.. image >>

Dude. I'm all over that. Think they will take silver for a case or two? >>

Hah!.. in my experience, whenever Walgreens puts anything (that I want) on sale for half-price, by the time I get there, there's usually a gaping, empty hole in on the shelf where the item isn't.. there was ONE box left.. Strawberry.. not my first choice, but I took it anyway..

Besides.. at the rate Silver is falling ($41.60 an ounce, as I type this!).. if it keeps this up, a Silver quarter will be worth 25 cents in a while.. image
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One order has been delivered. >>

Can you post a picture of it so the world can know what they actually look like?
    <<Can you post a picture of it so the world can know what they actually look like? >>

Right. The coin NOT the Pop Tarts...unless they're Frosted Strawberry!
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    FYI--Mint contact tells me none have shipped, but all are sold. They are now building a "substantial" wait list in anticipation of cancellations and returns. Many were canceled during the 1st few days for violations of the one per household policy and a "substantial" number have been canceled by the customer in the last 24 hours... image
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the big drop in the price of silver over the past few days, is anyone thinking about cancelling their order?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

Not me!
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭
    no, but not feeling good about my amark order for the 2 2011's
    <<With the big drop in the price of silver over the past few days, is anyone thinking about cancelling their order? >>

I'd sell my junk silver and SLV fund much sooner...no potential numismatic gain on fund shares!
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    Any pullback in metals will only be short-term. Inflation and the weak US paper dollar will keep metal prices going up for at least 2-3 more years--but never in a straight line. Don't panic!

<< <i>With the big drop in the price of silver over the past few days, is anyone thinking about cancelling their order? >>

Well let's do some math, class..

When these went on sale, Silver was over $49.00 an ounce, I think.. let's round that up to $50.00 an ounce.. the Hot Springs P was (rounded) $280.00.. so that was $250.00 worth of Silver, with a $30.00 premium. give or take..

As I type this, Silver is at $40.74.. so round that up to $41.00, and five ounces is $205.00, bumping the Mint's premium up to $75.00 per coin..

If the Mint did the right thing, they'd lower the price for those who have not been charged yet.. but they only diddle with Gold and Platinum coins based on those metals' spot prices, not Silver..

Meanwhile, Jesse says "one order has been delivered", while drei3ree says "Mint contact tells me none have shipped"..

These two statements are totally contradictory..

Jesse.. could you please post some photos of the package and the coin if you have one in-hand?..
    <<Jesse.. could you please post some photos of the package and the coin if you have one in-hand?.. >>

And I will laugh out loud when he posts a picture of a box of Pop Tarts!
  • JimDepotJimDepot Posts: 957 ✭✭

<< <i><<Jesse.. could you please post some photos of the package and the coin if you have one in-hand?.. >>

And I will laugh out loud when he posts a picture of a box of Pop Tarts! >>

Or a HS quarter in a black matchbox.

<< <i>FYI--Mint contact tells me none have shipped; >>

Come one jessewvu, that photo is more anticipated than the bin laden double tap!

Loves me some shiny!
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>With the big drop in the price of silver over the past few days, is anyone thinking about cancelling their order? >>

Well let's do some math, class..

When these went on sale, Silver was over $49.00 an ounce, I think.. let's round that up to $50.00 an ounce.. the Hot Springs P was (rounded) $280.00.. so that was $250.00 worth of Silver, with a $30.00 premium. give or take..

As I type this, Silver is at $40.74.. so round that up to $41.00, and five ounces is $205.00, bumping the Mint's premium up to $75.00 per coin..

If the Mint did the right thing, they'd lower the price for those who have not been charged yet.. but they only diddle with Gold and Platinum coins based on those metals' spot prices, not Silver..

Meanwhile, Jesse says "one order has been delivered", while drei3ree says "Mint contact tells me none have shipped"..

These two statements are totally contradictory..

Jesse.. could you please post some photos of the package and the coin if you have one in-hand?.. >>

When they went on sale silver was $49.

When they were priced, on April 12, silver was $41.

• coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    When are the rest of the 2010 coins being issued?

Thanks!

<< <i>When are the rest of the 2010 coins being issued?

Thanks! >>

Not announced yet. Just keep checking this thread image

Loves me some shiny!
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing surprises me coming from the mint, they sold out, they haven't sold out, they shipped and nope theres no way they shipped. I really thought my contest was a good idea, I now realize I was really drunk at the time............................................pink floyd.image Still waiting for the sell out sign to be put up.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
    <<Still waiting for the sell out sign to be put up. >>

I do tend to believe the Mint's "assembling a waiting list/cancelling orders for not following the 1/per HH" storyline.

I'm actually surprised they would be shipping this quickly considering they're likely still wading through reems of potentially suspicious dupicate orders.
    I wish they would just sell the 2010 set all at once. Buying each one in separate transactions is a real pain.

"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wish they would just sell the 2010 set all at once. Buying each one in separate transactions is a real pain. >>

Amen, brother!
    Amen!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nothing surprises me coming from the mint, they sold out, they haven't sold out, they shipped and nope theres no way they shipped. I really thought my contest was a good idea, I now realize I was really drunk at the time............................................pink floyd.image Still waiting for the sell out sign to be put up. >>

I called the PBGS people today and they are still selling them.
    I was in DC today and they don't have them, of course, but knew they were not sold out yet in Indy.

So, the last of them are dragging.

No one has been able to give me the number sold so far. I've tried calling in again, but the people I talk with say they don't have that info. Perhaps the earlier person was yankin my chain(could have been PBGS-BS after all).

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I wish they would just sell the 2010 set all at once. Buying each one in separate transactions is a real pain. >>

Amen, brother!
    Amen! >>

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
    Jesse's dangler's to this thread smell a little bovine-ish...
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
    Just checked again.... my "P" puck will be here tomorrow by 10:30am image
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just checked again.... my "P" puck will be here tomorrow by 10:30am image >>

Are you opening your" P" puck when you get it tomorrow? If you are.... could you pls. let us know what you think about these( P) pucs in hand? image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
    What's with the shroud of mystery with those that have these? There is also at least one seller on ebay that makes this claim as well, but uses stock Mint pix.

Don't you think the first with good pix will score best - on eBay and here? Mine show no hint of shipping yet.

Being the FIRST to show these after a year of speculation is a big freak'n deal.

• << <i>Just checked again.... my "P" puck will be here tomorrow by 10:30am image >>

Pictures, or it didn't happen!
    I wish the mint would publish a schedule of when the other pucks go on sale.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wish the mint would publish a schedule of when the other pucks go on sale. >>

Why would they start giving information now? It is against their nature!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

• << <i>I wish the mint would publish a schedule of when the other pucks go on sale. >>

I think it's kind of lame not to publish the sales dates. I can understand the price issues but there is zero reason not to let us know when they will sell what they minted LONG ago....

<< <i>

<< <i>Just checked again.... my "P" puck will be here tomorrow by 10:30am image >>

Pictures, or it didn't happen! >>

Naysayer! image

Per UPS tracking... its on the truck for delivery. Pic WILL be posted so we can all have a look at the actual finish..... finally!

Chester, NY, United States 05/04/2011 8:01 A.M. Out For Delivery

<< <i>What's with the shroud of mystery with those that have these? There is also at least one seller on ebay that makes this claim as well, but uses stock Mint pix.

Don't you think the first with good pix will score best - on eBay and here? Mine show no hint of shipping yet.

Being the FIRST to show these after a year of speculation is a big freak'n deal. >>

What do I win for posting the 1st pics?? image

And that may be my eBay ad you're seeing. Updated it yesterday once I saw tracking info.

The PCGS forum good guy award!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file