Home U.S. Coin Forum

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• << <i>I just canceled my order, you can have it at this price.

Why in the world would you buy this if your simply interested in the bullion aspect of it. There are many places to purchase bullion at far less than this.

I do agree, in the long term there isn't any downside, but why wouldn't you purchase 7 ASE's for $40 ea instead? I'd much rather have 7oz instead of 5oz for the same price. >>

Maybe it's just me but I bought the bullion issue for bullion and the collector version as a collectible...These are the ones I will collect. The 2010 bullion pucks (9 sets) I bought were purchased because they were selling below their intrinsic value at the time...

Has EVERY coin purchase now been reduced to bullion value to determine if it is appropriate to collect?? I think not....
  • CertifiedGoldCoinsCertifiedGoldCoins Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"Has EVERY coin purchase now been reduced to bullion value to determine if it is appropriate to collect?? I think not...." >>

Of course not. For example, the silver ATB Proof quarters, like those that will be seen in pocket change are collectible. But these are made for investors and speculators, just like their shiny brothers. They belong in the Jack in the Beanstock giant's collection. image

But hey, once Whitman starts making albums for them.....
    Good deals with: goldman86 mkman123 Wingsrule wondercoin segoja Tccuga OKCC LindeDad and others.

my early American coins & currency: -- http://yankeedoodlecoins.com/
  • coasterfancoasterfan Posts: 1,302
    The Mint taking so long to put these up for sale has backfired on them. They had the opportunity to offer all five 2010s while silver was climbing. Now it looks like they'll have to settle for a lower price on the others unless silver rebounds.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Mint taking so long to put these up for sale has backfired on them. They had the opportunity to offer all five 2010s while silver was climbing. Now it looks like they'll have to settle for a lower price on the others unless silver rebounds. >>

True but silver is still over $10 above where it was when these coins were struck. They are still making a nice profit.
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    "Your order request is on hold" changed in the past two hours to:: "Order Status: Your order request is in process"..

The status box at the bottom of the page still says "in stock and reserved", and the [x] cancel box is still there..

I'm not going to cancel it..

By the way, all fifty-six of these thing do not depict National Parks..

"The United States Mint will issue 56 quarter-dollar coins featuring designs depicting national parks and other national sites as part of this program."..

However..

Wikipedia Hot Springs page

"Hot Springs National Park is the oldest federal reserve in the USA, and the tourist trade brought by the famous springs make it a very successful spa town. Since Hot Springs National Park was the oldest federal reserve, it was the first to receive its own US quarter in April 2010 as part of the America the Beautiful Quarters."..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Mine just went to shipped status with tracking number.

Order number: 373407xx

Order Date: 04/28/2011 at 12:05 AM

Order Status: Your order request has been shipped.
  • CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My HS puck order #37343XXX was shipped this morning.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Do you think the mint will lower the price for the Numismatic pucks? hehehe. I'm suspecting a lot people canceled and the purchases are drying up. But then again, what they'll probably do is open up the limits on buying them and see how that goes before they try tweaking prices.

But personally, I love the coins. If I had huge funds I'd buy as many as I could. haha.
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    It also doesn't help that it is not on the front page anymore, and other than going to the whats new page you have to click three times to get to the Hot Springs product page to see the 5 ouncer.
  • agentjim007agentjim007 Posts: 6,256
    Mint must be watching spot price, those cancel boxes are dissapearing. I really don't want this thing and almost cancelled mine but a dealer I know locked me in yesterday at $375
    Within the past two hours, the cancel box on my order vanished, and my CC was charged..
    Still no shipping information, but I suppose that'll show up shortly..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."

<< <i>Do you think the mint will lower the price for the Numismatic pucks? hehehe. I'm suspecting a lot people canceled and the purchases are drying up. But then again, what they'll probably do is open up the limits on buying them and see how that goes before they try tweaking prices.

But personally, I love the coins. If I had huge funds I'd buy as many as I could. haha. >>

The Numismatic News / Numismaster weekly (posted every Thursday, unless they're at a show).. "Mint Stats" sales page at::

This link

Shows 25,000 out of 27,000 sold..

I have absolutely NO idea how stale that information is, nor what day they obtained that figure, nor how long it takes them to put that graphic together.. so, take it for whatever it's worth..
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭
    Could be a lot of cancellations. But I seriously doubt they will lower the price on this first puck. Maybe the second........ If Silver at $30 than $189 a puck would be nice.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

I'm a little mystified at all the cancellations. True, silver is under $35 now and still falling. But the "silver" lining
    (sorry, couldn't resist) in all this is that we still have 4 more of these Ps left to buy to complete the 2010 set,
    and an additional 5 more if you want the 2011s. So they suddenly got way more affordable. With silver
    approaching $50, the $279 price for HS was a gift. Had silver stayed at that level, many were prepared to pay
    around $300 for each of the remaining ones. Now that it's falling, we'll pay much less. So on a cost averaged
    basis for a set of the 2010s & beyond, the $279 price shouldn't have much of an impact.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    Let them cancel, I'll be needing someone to buy my MS70 anyway.

• GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    Credit Card hit on order number 37356---.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Credit Card hit on order number 37356---. >>

MINE TOO 37353XXX

Still shows in process.

Joe
  • agentjim007agentjim007 Posts: 6,256
    we know the 2010 bullion are a short mintage. maybe the mint only intends to do 27K collector versions each year. we realy don't know if the 2010 collector version is a short mintage.
  • CertifiedGoldCoinsCertifiedGoldCoins Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭
    From a post from the "other" thread:
    Friday December 03, 2010 7:56 PM << $1395 a set >> If you pay by credit card, add another $66.80. Total for 1 set = $1461.80 $292.36 for each puck. Pretty heafty price for 25 ounces of silver. If my calculations are right $58.47/oz

So when these were first offered by the Mint's authorized dealers, everybody was yelling that the Mint should force them to sell for less, because anything more than a ten percent margin was a rip-off.

And some here seem OK with paying $284.90 now? Where's the outrage at the Mint doing the rip-off itself?

The Mint may be zapping the cancel boxes, and rushing these out the door (after dragging their feet for weeks), but I'll bet a lot of people send these back for a refund next week when they see the price of silver, after the fifth margin increase hits on Monday.
    Good deals with: goldman86 mkman123 Wingsrule wondercoin segoja Tccuga OKCC LindeDad and others.

my early American coins & currency: -- http://yankeedoodlecoins.com/

• << <i>From a post from the "other" thread:
    Friday December 03, 2010 7:56 PM << $1395 a set >> If you pay by credit card, add another $66.80. Total for 1 set = $1461.80 $292.36 for each puck. Pretty heafty price for 25 ounces of silver. If my calculations are right $58.47/oz

So when these were first offered by the Mint's authorized dealers, everybody was yelling that the Mint should force them to sell for less, because anything more than a ten percent margin was a rip-off.

And some here seem OK with paying $284.90 now? Where's the outrage at the Mint doing the rip-off itself?

The Mint may be zapping the cancel boxes, and rushing these out the door (after dragging their feet for weeks), but I'll bet a lot of people send these back for a refund next week when they see the price of silver, after the fifth margin increase hits on Monday. >>

Yeh I"m thinking the mint is rushing them out so people can't cancel. hoping that when they recieve the coins they might like it too much to return!
    Two simple questions..

For anyone reading this who ordered ONLY one HS "P", and has received it, what are the dimensions of the outer shipping carton?.. (I'm trying to determine if it'll fit in my mailbox if it doesn't require a signature on delivery, which the Mint rep said it would, but I'm not sure it will)..

And..

If you paid only $4.95 for shipping, and your carton ONLY had the one HS "P" in it, did you have to sign for the package upon receipt?..

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Judging by the size of the bullion coins, I would expect the small shipping carton to be used. (approx 10.5 X 6.5 X 3 inches)

someone here, previously suggested that the mint was going to upgrade all shipping to UPS Next Day Air.

If you get a tracking number that looks like this: 1ZE1988X242134xxxx, then that is UPS NDA, if not

then you will probably get stuck with the FEDEX/USPS hybrid delivery (1 week). Check your order page to see tracking number

The UPS NDA page does say "Signature Required" (for what that is worth).

(l8-)>>

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Not to side with the mint on these but

""So when these were first offered by the Mint's authorized dealers, everybody was yelling that the Mint should force them to sell for less, because anything more than a ten percent margin was a rip-off."" is referring to the bullion offerings, and they are subject to the established rules for bullion distributors.

The "P" coins are collectable uncirculated coins and usual carry a premium, just like the difference between direct shipment presidential dollar coins, and special wrapped presidential rolls.

(l8-)>>

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not to side with the mint on these but

""So when these were first offered by the Mint's authorized dealers, everybody was yelling that the Mint should force them to sell for less, because anything more than a ten percent margin was a rip-off."" is referring to the bullion offerings, and they are subject to the established rules for bullion distributors.

The "P" coins are collectable uncirculated coins and usual carry a premium, just like the difference between direct shipment presidential dollar coins, and special wrapped presidential rolls. >>

The Mint may call them "collectors" version, but they are still an offshoot of a Mint bullion product...same holds true with the AGE's, ASE's & APE's. Almost all US Mint Silver "collectors" versions have carried a premium of approx. 35% over spot in the past.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • UNLVinoUNLVino Posts: 416
    Test from a newbie - enjoy this thread, will post my diatribe at another time - await my puck.. Go Bruins!
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall anyone quoting a "10%" number.

What was done was comparisons to the other 5oz silver products carried by APMEX as well as the ASE premium.

neither was as high as the ~50% markup APMEX had the pucks at for $1395 back then.

Go Cap...i.... never mind!
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>Test from a newbie - enjoy this thread, will post my diatribe at another time - await my puck.. Go Bruins! >>

....and yes, Go Bruins image

• << <i>I don't recall anyone quoting a "10%" number.

What was done was comparisons to the other 5oz silver products carried by APMEX as well as the ASE premium.

neither was as high as the ~50% markup APMEX had the pucks at for $1395 back then.

Go Cap...i.... never mind! >>

Knowing what the price was is not as big a deal as getting CHERRY PICKED coins. At least you knew what you were getting and had the option of buying from a different AP. The way Jack handled it you didn't know you were getting screwed till you got your order,Preventing you from buying from a different AP. Thats what stinks the most.
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Judging by the size of the bullion coins, I would expect the small shipping carton to be used. (approx 10.5 X 6.5 X 3 inches)

someone here, previously suggested that the mint was going to upgrade all shipping to UPS Next Day Air.

If you get a tracking number that looks like this: 1ZE1988X242134xxxx, then that is UPS NDA, if not

then you will probably get stuck with the FEDEX/USPS hybrid delivery (1 week). Check your order page to see tracking number

The UPS NDA page does say "Signature Required" (for what that is worth). >>

If not NDA, the Mint is shipping USPS Priority Mail.
  • Mine shipped today NDA UPS. Being delivered tomorrow signature required.

I didn't order anything over 300 so they upgraded it.
  • I ordered the the Hot Springs Coin 4/30 at 1:00 EST and I'm on hold and in stock and reserved with a round up order # of 37390.

Richard Russell of Dow Theory Letters Inc. said a bull market will do everything possible to buck you off.

There are not that many American coins with the word Hot on it.

So I look forward to receiving the HS coin despite the fall in the price of silver.

The big picture has not changed.

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Credit Card hit on order number 37356---. >>

MINE TOO 37353XXX

Still shows in process.

Joe >>

Mine too.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE cancel your P's everyone. I'm with a previous poster, I'll enjoy selling you my spares and 70's.

This is STILL an uber-low mintage first year collectible. I'm not convinced spot at this moment will have any bearing in the next few months on these.

One of mine shipped today...woowoo!
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I canceled mine a couple of days ago................image
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I canceled mine a couple of days ago................image >>

Well with all these cancellations it looks like OPA may be the winner of my contest with a guess date of dec 2011 image Enjoyimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Test from a newbie - enjoy this thread, will post my diatribe at another time - await my puck.. Go Bruins! >>

Welcome to the boards from another Boston fan.
  • mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    Shipping !!!!!

Order number: 373xxxxxx

Order Date:

Tracking Number(s):
    1Zxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Product Name Quantity Price
    (each) Total Item Status
    2010 ATB SILVER COIN - HOT SPRINGS 1 $279.95 $279.95 1 unit shipped on 05/06/2011
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question to the gallery:

If you could, would you order another P-puck...or would you cancel the order you've already placed?

I'm tempted to try to latch onto another (if still available).
  • newnotesnewnotes Posts: 65 ✭✭
    I just received mine.

I DID have to sign for it.

I hope I never have to sell this. It's a great looking coin.
  • Well there will be another one available. They sent this out NDA Signature required and I am out of town for the next week. I called the US mint and they said they cannot change it to No signature required or the address (my parents) and that after the 3rd attempt it will go back to them. I just requested to credit me back once they get it back. Too bad silver prices have dropped so much or I would have went out of my way little bit more to get this puck.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭
    udging by the size of the bullion coins, I would expect the small shipping carton to be used. (approx 10.5 X 6.5 X 3 inches)

No rhyme or reason when it comes to the mint shipping. I receive a lone Lincoln Medal from them is the a very large box similar to one above. That is probably the smallest they have.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Question to the gallery:

If you could, would you order another P-puck...or would you cancel the order you've already placed?

I'm tempted to try to latch onto another (if still available). >>

Well I guess it really depends on your financial situation. I am trying to order more but plan on holding them for 5 to 10 years.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
    Order number: 37341xxx

Order Date: 04/28/2011 at 12:11 AM <-- should say "PM"..

1Zxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2010 ATB SILVER COIN - HOT SPRINGS 1 $279.95 $279.95 1 unit shipped on 05/06/2011

So the good news is that it's coming UPS, which means it won't go in the mailbox.. Santa will bring it to my door..

The bad news is they shipped it today, and UPS doesn't deliver on weekends.. the number does not yet track on ups.com, so it looks like it won't be delivered until at least Monday, if they used UPS overnight, which I won't know until it tracks on ups.com.. {{squirm squirm}}..

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<if they used UPS overnight, which I won't know until it tracks on ups.com..>>

FYI...they seem to have used UPS overnight. Mine shipped yesterday and is due to be delivered later today (and I won't be home to receive it either).
  • I went ahead and put in an order for a second coin. It took my order. On hold now of course. Will not let you put in an order for more than one though
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    Fed Ex just delivered mine.

<< <i>Well there will be another one available. They sent this out NDA Signature required and I am out of town for the next week. I called the US mint and they said they cannot change it to No signature required or the address (my parents) and that after the 3rd attempt it will go back to them. I just requested to credit me back once they get it back. Too bad silver prices have dropped so much or I would have went out of my way little bit more to get this puck. >>

Once they make a delivery attempt, you can call and tell them to hold it for pick up.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    So mine apparently is shipped UPS and not Fedex like I thought but when I attempt to track it, I get nothing from the UPS website. I hope I'm around to get it today!! argh!!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
    37343xxx shipped today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file