Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>-1

I went priority mail image >>

OUCH! On the other hand, if you were close to Ftrade and sent from a major hub, it may well get there today.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    My UPS supposed to be delivered by 10:30 was delivered at 10:44. Can I get my money back for that?
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>-1

OUCH! On the other hand, if you were close to Ftrade and sent from a major hub, it may well get there today. >>

Well.. it left Kearny NJ @ 9pm last night which is only 125 miles or 2 hrs from Wilmington on the NJ Turnpike..... I would guess it'll be there tomorrow or Monday. Fingers crossed!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL

<< <i>I just checked the USPS site...also delivered...at 9:33...do I win a prize? >>

Yes! You get the USPS prize. My friend mailed hers via USPS Express Mail from a main post office about 100 miles from Ftrade and, as of 08:45 it's at the sorting center.

<< <i>My UPS supposed to be delivered by 10:30 was delivered at 10:44. Can I get my money back for that? >>

I would guess yes. If FedEx or USPS are even a minute late, you get a full refund.

(Of course, I would have been up for a full refund at 10:31 and mine was delivered at 10:30 exactly. I'm sure that there is not fudge factor...)

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>-1

OUCH! On the other hand, if you were close to Ftrade and sent from a major hub, it may well get there today. >>

Well.. it left Kearny NJ @ 9pm last night which is only 125 miles or 2 hrs from Wilmington on the NJ Turnpike..... I would guess it'll be there tomorrow or Monday. Fingers crossed! >>

I think that you're safe for delivery tomorrow. You may luck out and get it there today.
  • gyromacgyromac Posts: 213 ✭✭
    this is too funny....instead of talking about coins we are now tracking UPS USPS FedEX packages....

this whole thing has turned into madness.....

here is my question for the day....anyone see a PCGS graded set yet???? ANYONE????

what are they waiting for???? i am sure some of the APMEX, "special friends" of the APs, "backdoor 20 sets" have made it to the grading room.....

yet nothing anywhere yet

jmho

• << <i>My UPS supposed to be delivered by 10:30 was delivered at 10:44. Can I get my money back for that? >>

It WAS probably delivered at 10 am but it took 44 min. to scan all the envelopes before they got to your package image

• << <i>this is too funny....instead of talking about coins we are now tracking UPS USPS FedEX packages.... >>

No different (actually more important) than everyone giving their order numbers from the Mint image
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>this is too funny....instead of talking about coins we are now tracking UPS USPS FedEX packages....

this whole thing has turned into madness.....

here is my question for the day....anyone see a PCGS graded set yet???? ANYONE????

what are they waiting for???? i am sure some of the APMEX, "special friends" of the APs, "backdoor 20 sets" have made it to the grading room.....

yet nothing anywhere yet

jmho >>

PCGS did not start grading them until they had the slabs available and I believe that happened on 1/3 or 1/4 ... none in the pop. reports as of last night.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

<< <i>

<< <i>My UPS supposed to be delivered by 10:30 was delivered at 10:44. Can I get my money back for that? >>

It WAS probably delivered at 10 am but it took 44 min. to scan all the envelopes before they got to your package image >>

I hope so. UPS is now blaming the weather so no refund for me. Every other shipper got there on time though. Now I know who not to use again.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    insider photo of fidelitrade's mail room...

...not really
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭
    Delivered 10:22 AM by Express USPS at FideliTrade.
  • None in the NGC reports either and I know they have graded some...or maybe those were just the "BU" slabs I saw

• << <i>None in the NGC reports either and I know they have graded some...or maybe those were just the "BU" slabs I saw >>

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<I hope so. UPS is now blaming the weather so no refund for me.>>

Never trust a man waering brown shorts...in January!
  • Insider peak at MTB order desk after I said my emails keep getting bounced.....

<<Delivered 10:22 AM by Express USPS at FideliTrade. >>

And I bet it was signed for by D BRYANT, right?

I'd sure hate to be D BRYANT today...kinda like being in the engine room of the Titanic!

• epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    USPS Express mail is lagging on my Ftrade package, I'm only this far, I use a rural post office in Iowa -

Arrival at Post Office, January 07, 2011, 11:36 am, WILMINGTON, DE 19809

• Mine still at the stinkin Post Office... I'm soo out of luck.... haaaa

Detailed Results:

Bullet Arrival at Post Office, January 07, 2011, 11:36 am, WILMINGTON, DE 19809
    Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, January 06, 2011, 4:12 pm, FLINT, MI 48502
    Bullet Acceptance, January 06, 2011, 1:03 pm, DAVISON, MI 48423
    Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA

• << <i><<Delivered 10:22 AM by Express USPS at FideliTrade. >>

And I bet it was signed for by D BRYANT, right?

I'd sure hate to be D BRYANT today...kinda like being in the engine room of the Titanic! >>

You thought I was kidding when I said it took 44 min. to scan all those envelopes.....I would assume one AM and afternoon delivery and we have USPS times from 0933-1022 and UPS and FedEx also there at the same time.

I guess my 3pm delivery chance for success is toast....
  • I called FideliTrade. They did not say how many shipments they received. I asked if they have received 3,000 packages yet. They said if the package came in already we will probably get a set! WooHoo for most overnighters. Double bonus to the UPS people who are able to get a refund, people have reported that UPS is denying the refund "for weather", but you never know.

• << <i>Mine still at the stinkin Post Office... I'm soo out of luck.... haaaa

Detailed Results:

Bullet Arrival at Post Office, January 07, 2011, 11:36 am, WILMINGTON, DE 19809
    Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, January 06, 2011, 4:12 pm, FLINT, MI 48502
    Bullet Acceptance, January 06, 2011, 1:03 pm, DAVISON, MI 48423 >>

Mine from Massachusetts arrived at the PO at the exact same time......
    <<You thought I was kidding when I said it took 44 min. to scan all those envelopes.....>>

Actually...it may have taken 44 minutes for the paramedics to arrive, paddle, revive and chain D BRYANT back to his oar!!!

• << <i>Insider peak at MTB order desk after I said my emails keep getting bounced.....

image >>

Mine were signed by D DENT, I guess BRYANT maybe got tired
  • Ok .... now I am getting a little fried

WTF is this crap:

We attempted to deliver your item at 11:57 am on January 07, 2011 in WILMINGTON, DE 19802 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery,
  • Service Type: Express Mail PO-Add

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Notice Left WILMINGTON DE 19802 01/07/11 11:57am

Arrival at Post Office WILMINGTON DE 19809 01/07/11 11:36am

_________________________________________________________________-

Notice left :? What the heck does that mean ? They close for lunch or sumptin ?
    Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeez, my USPS status says "We attempted to deliver your item at 11:57 am on January 07, 2011 in WILMINGTON, DE 19802 and a notice was left." I specifically specified "no signature required" just because I didn't want to be held up by the big mess. What can a guy do???
  • How can a package arrive at a post office at 1137 , get sorted for delivery, placed on a truck, drive to business (assuming the only delivery) , park, carry the packages to the business all in 20 min.?????

It would have taken longer than that to fill out all the "attempted delivery" slips.....(and all were scanned at the exact same time?????)

Bogus.....

Now Fidelitrade has to make the effort to get them from the PO

Don't get too discouraged yet, the same thing happened to the guy from Coin Talk on Wednesday at 11:57 as well oddly enough. Tracking Picture
    I just spoke to a woman at the Edgemore PO (apparently that is the PO for Fidelitrade) and she said the Fidelitrade deliveries were just getting ready to go out. Looks like whoever scanned the items selected "Notice left" instead of "out for delivery"...at least that's my guess...
    Uh oh...Looks like D BRYANT needs to be taken out an horse-whipped!

He must have gone to the can at the wrong time!
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Just got an e-mail from MTB asking for the Patriot form and ID.

I guess they still have some.

<< <i>Just got an e-mail from MTB asking for the Patriot form and ID.

I guess they still have some. >>

How did that come about, did you just email them asking if they had any? I emailed them the first day available from them but haven't heard anything.
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

How did that come about, did you just email them asking if they had any? I emailed them the first day available from them but haven't heard anything. >>

I never heard back after emailing & requesting the form. But I snagged a set after downloading the form here & emailing & faxing it in.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL

<< <i>

How did that come about, did you just email them asking if they had any? I emailed them the first day available from them but haven't heard anything. >>

Sent: Monday, January 03, 2011 11:15 AM
    To: info@mtbcoins.com
    Subject: ATB coins

Hello,

I would like to be put on the list for the ATB 5 ounce coin set.

Thank you,

<< <i>

<< <i>

Sent: Monday, January 03, 2011 11:15 AM
    To: info@mtbcoins.com
    Subject: ATB coins

Hello,

I would like to be put on the list for the ATB 5 ounce coin set.

Thank you, >>

Thanks, I did the same thing about that time so maybe there is still hope.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    I think its random. I have a coworker who sent in his papers on Wed and he has been confirmed
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
    ok i have a question....

how many people do you think spent the $17-20 to have their order expressed to Fidelitrade??? 50-100-250-500....

now do you really think some guy in their mail room is going to put them in TIME RECEIVED order??? i figure they go in one big pile and get opened all at once and processed

so again....lets say 100 people express them....who care what time they got there???...100/3600 = 2.8%....lets say they only sell 2000 sets....that's 5%....

i think if you spent the $20 in postage...you are good

jmho

full disclaimer....i used USPS overnite....$18....a good investment i thought

oh one last thing....i have been expressing things for years.....

USPS tracking is not that accurate....but not ONE package has ever been lost to date.....
    FedEx....more detailed and timely tracking....again not ONE package ever lost....
    UPS...not as good tracking as FedEx....but better than USPS....again....never a lost item...

one last thing....i don't know how it works with other areas in the country....but USPS uses FEDex's planes in the MidWest....so it will get there...FEDex very rarely shuts their ops down...

just wanted to add to the tracking commentary

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's recap.
    So far we have APMEX doing the right thing on the sets they presold, with the pricing of the remaining sets remaining to be seen.
    MTB, other than the unfortunate incident with the OTC sales, appeares to be doing the righteous thing logistically and pricewise.
    Fidelitrade seems to be doing the right thing.
    What about the other AP's? Who can sort them into the good, the bad and the ugly?

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

<< <i>Let's recap.
    So far we have APMEX doing the right thing on the sets they presold, with the pricing of the remaining sets remaining to be seen.
    MTB, other than the unfortunate incident with the OTC sales, appeares to be doing the righteous thing logistically and pricewise.
    What about the other AP's? Who can sort them into the good, the bad and the ugly?

TD >>

i think they are watching the other APs and LEARNING what NOT to DO

• << <i>Let's recap.

TD >>

Gold Center - beyond ugly
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
    The Gold Center is clearly a bad boy. He is on record as saying he took care of his regular clients before "generously" releasing the last 10% of his allocation to the public...

<< <i>None in the NGC reports either and I know they have graded some...or maybe those were just the "BU" slabs I saw >>

The "friend of Gold Center" who said that he had 20 NCG ER graded sets yesterday (that CW photographed) seemed to imply that they were graded not just BU. Don't know for sure of course.

I am shocked that he never replied to our inquiries about how he got the 20 sets.

<< <i>Ok .... now I am getting a little fried

WTF is this crap:

We attempted to deliver your item at 11:57 am on January 07, 2011 in WILMINGTON, DE 19802 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, >>

This is usually the message you get when a signature is required. I would think (hope) that if it comes to it, you'll get "credit" for your check's arrival at the time that the message was left. I don't understand why, if a sig. was required, that they didn't just sign for it. I would call the Postal Servie 1-800 number. They are usually quite helpful.

<< <i>

<< <i>None in the NGC reports either and I know they have graded some...or maybe those were just the "BU" slabs I saw >>

The "friend of Gold Center" who said that he had 20 NCG ER graded sets yesterday (that CW photographed) seemed to imply that they were graded not just BU. Don't know for sure of course.

I am shocked that he never replied to our inquiries about how he got the 20 sets. >>

I counted 57 sets, I think, and another 15 or so listed today.
    sorted by newly listed to see most of them together:

ebay

update, to the best of my ability, I counted 77 total sets for sale from one the many coinsantiques.xx auctions.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Let's recap.
    What about the other AP's? Who can sort them into the good, the bad and the ugly? >>

logistically? well MTBs logistics suck, but they seem to be trying to do the right thing. I would not put them into the bad, just ugly.

APMEX started out as a bad boy, but is turning into blue eyes.

the Gold Center is the bad. "real customers and dealers" first. unbelieveable.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I am shocked that he never replied to our inquiries about how he got the 20 sets. >>

I counted 57 sets, I think, and another 15 or so listed today.
    sorted by newly listed to see most of them together:

ebay >>

PM me the eBay names of everyone with multiple sets from IL

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colt 4400
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file