Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think its random. I have a coworker who sent in his papers on Wed and he has been confirmed >>

And I, and others, sent faxed our papers in by noon on Monday, had our checks deilvered by 10:30 on Tues and have not heard JACK!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

<< <i>The Gold Center is clearly a bad boy. He is on record as saying he took care of his regular clients before "generously" releasing the last 10% of his allocation to the public... >>

I would certainly put Prudential in the same pot of swill as GC. Both VERY bad actors who should NOT be APs!!

• << <i>Never saw this kind of status before on the FedEx tracker:

Jan 7, 2011 8:29 AM - On FedEx vehicle for delivery, but driver stopped for coffee and donuts. Will deliver when he gets around to it - NEW CASTLE, DE >>

Made me smile when I read this =)
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I think its random. I have a coworker who sent in his papers on Wed and he has been confirmed >>

And I, and others, sent faxed our papers in by noon on Monday, had our checks deilvered by 10:30 on Tues and have not heard JACK! >>

Call 'em back.

I did, and I explained my previous attempted contacts (bounced emails, re-dialing fax attempts) and I was given an mtb email address other than the info@mtbcoins.com.

I was confirmed the next day.
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Never saw this kind of status before on the FedEx tracker:

Jan 7, 2011 8:29 AM - On FedEx vehicle for delivery, but driver stopped for coffee and donuts. Will deliver when he gets around to it - NEW CASTLE, DE >>

Made me smile when I read this =) >>

Ankes... Love that avatar. When my son was born I wanted to name him Tiberious... My wife quickly shot that one down image
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Ok...now I feel bad....(only a little)

About 30 min. after I posted the MTB customer service troll I get an email from MTB saying they got my stuff and to send a check for a set.

Now this is from my FIRST attempt on the 3rd which came back as undeliverable...attempts aborted

Guess they are actually trying......can't figure out the email thingy though...
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Let's recap.
    So far we have APMEX doing the right thing on the sets they presold, with the pricing of the remaining sets remaining to be seen.
    MTB, other than the unfortunate incident with the OTC sales, appeares to be doing the righteous thing logistically and pricewise.
    Fidelitrade seems to be doing the right thing.
    What about the other AP's? Who can sort them into the good, the bad and the ugly?

TD >>

Prudential was selling for the two hours in the morning, very very painful, but has stopped and probably still has a hoard. What will they do with those?

MTB.

I sent an email late Monday saying I was interested. Haven't heard anything.

Thursday morning I sent the Form and DL, kind of 'acting' like I was told to do that.

Got a response 15 minutes later saying they are not selling any more at this time.

• tincuptincup Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Let's recap.
    So far we have APMEX doing the right thing on the sets they presold, with the pricing of the remaining sets remaining to be seen.
    MTB, other than the unfortunate incident with the OTC sales, appeares to be doing the righteous thing logistically and pricewise.
    What about the other AP's? Who can sort them into the good, the bad and the ugly?

TD >>

I think they are watching the other APS...... to see what they can get away with. If Gold Center is able to handle the sets like they have, and there are no repercussions from it.... I'll bet the remaining AP's will make similar deals with preferred clients.
    ----- kj

• << <i>

<< <i>Ok .... now I am getting a little fried

WTF is this crap:

We attempted to deliver your item at 11:57 am on January 07, 2011 in WILMINGTON, DE 19802 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, >>

This is usually the message you get when a signature is required. I would think (hope) that if it comes to it, you'll get "credit" for your check's arrival at the time that the message was left. I don't understand why, if a sig. was required, that they didn't just sign for it. I would call the Postal Servie 1-800 number. They are usually quite helpful. >>

Signature is required by default on Express Mail. The waiver box must be explicitly checked to waive the requirement, which most people probably ignor. I have a feeling D Bryant is going to have a sore hand before the day is over.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks

• << <i>oh one last thing....i have been expressing things for years.....

USPS tracking is not that accurate....but not ONE package has ever been lost to date.....
    FedEx....more detailed and timely tracking....again not ONE package ever lost....
    UPS...not as good tracking as FedEx....but better than USPS....again....never a lost item...

one last thing....i don't know how it works with other areas in the country....but USPS uses FEDex's planes in the MidWest....so it will get there...FEDex very rarely shuts their ops down...

just wanted to add to the tracking commentary >>

That is correct FedEx carries all USPS overnight letters. The USPS collects the letters, sorts them, gives them to FedEx, sorts them again at destination, then delivers them.
  • SoundPointSoundPoint Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

<< <i>ok i have a question....

how many people do you think spent the $17-20 to have their order expressed to Fidelitrade??? 50-100-250-500....

now do you really think some guy in their mail room is going to put them in TIME RECEIVED order??? i figure they go in one big pile and get opened all at once and processed

so again....lets say 100 people express them....who care what time they got there???...100/3600 = 2.8%....lets say they only sell 2000 sets....that's 5%....

i think if you spent the $20 in postage...you are good

jmho

full disclaimer....i used USPS overnite....$18....a good investment i thought >>

I sent my order in by snail_mail. They will probably get my check Tuesday or Wednesday. I wonder if they will still have any sets by then. Fidelitrade, save one set for me! Please no scratches or fingerprints!

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Ok .... now I am getting a little fried

WTF is this crap:

We attempted to deliver your item at 11:57 am on January 07, 2011 in WILMINGTON, DE 19802 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, >>

This is usually the message you get when a signature is required. I would think (hope) that if it comes to it, you'll get "credit" for your check's arrival at the time that the message was left. I don't understand why, if a sig. was required, that they didn't just sign for it. I would call the Postal Servie 1-800 number. They are usually quite helpful. >>

Signature is required by default on Express Mail. The waiver box must be explicitly checked to waive the requirement, which most people probably ignor. I have a feeling D Bryant is going to have a sore hand before the day is over. >>

I waived signature required...box checked

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Never saw this kind of status before on the FedEx tracker:

Made me smile when I read this =) >>

Ankes... Love that avatar. When my son was born I wanted to name him Tiberious... My wife quickly shot that one down image >>

HAHA - same with me with my sons. She said no dice !!!
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<I have a feeling D Bryant is going to have a sore hand before the day is over. >>

I can make a VERY UNFORTUNATE joke...but I'll rise about it to just say...

Is it now fair to say that the majority of people on this thread now at least seem to be in reasonably good shape to receive at least one set from at least one AP? If so, that's lightyears (hello...calling J. Tiberious Kirk) ahead of where we all were stuck last week at this point.

I hope the remaining APs just try to go with online sales...I really can't stand running like a nut to the PO 5 more times!!!
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, they don't have to sign multiple times... they can sign once for the entire delivery, at least for Fedex and UPS.

• << <i>KP Numismatic ATB Story >>

<< <i>These coins were supposed to go to collectors, and they went to profiteers >>

Sounds like the Gold Center wanted to be the profiteers, and is trying to draw attention away from their prior "selective"/non-public deals.

<< <i>

<< <i>KP Numismatic ATB Story >>

<< <i>These coins were supposed to go to collectors, and they went to profiteers >>

Sounds like the Gold Center wanted to be the profiteers, and is trying to draw attention away from their prior "selective"/non-public deals. >>

Profiteers like the GC "friends" who now have 30+ sets on ebay? Those profiteers? GC is THE WORST OF THE WORST (so far).

• << <i>Guys, they don't have to sign multiple times... they can sign once for the entire delivery, at least for Fedex and UPS. >>

Do you mean on that computer thingy???

That would make life easier wouldn't it......image
  • Fidelitrade not accepting any more orders. as of 11:06 AM PST 1/7/11
    <<Fidelitrade not accepting any more orders. as of 11:06 AM PST 1/7/11 >>

1/7/2011 - America The Beautiful Coin Set
    Notice: Due to overwhelming demand, FideliTrade is no longer accepting anymore America the Beautiful Coin set orders. - - Please do not call.

Holy Moses...that was crazy fast! How much do you want to bet they decide to go to a lottery system rather than a FIFO process?

<< <i>Fidelitrade not accepting any more orders. as of 11:06 AM PST 1/7/11 >>

Where is this posted?

Just catch up time (like is supposedly the case with MTB) or done?
  • REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << Fidelitrade not accepting any more orders. as of 11:06 AM PST 1/7/11 >>

My guess is the USPS Express mail delivery just hit their door.
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Its posted in the top right corner of the homepage or here: FideliTrade
    <<My guess is the USPS Express mail delivery just hit their door. >>

Actually, my guess is that the USPS truck just drove THROUGH their door!

MAIL'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But on a serious note...this happened much...much faster than even I thought!!! Maybe we really are holding Super Bowl tickets here?!?
    Are the people who's USPS express mail said it could be picked up at the post office now showing delivered?

• << <i>Are the people who's USPS express mail said it could be picked up at the post office now showing delivered? >>

We attempted to deliver your item at 11:57 am on January 07, 2011 in WILMINGTON, DE 19802 and a notice was left.

No.
    Seriously...mark my words...Fidelitrade's going to go to a lottery process.

And I say this although Mercury, posing as a USPS employee, seemingly delivered my package a little after 9:00 this AM!
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    The lady at FideliTrade sent this and said they are still sifting the packages received this morning and expect to have orders processed by the year 2015.

• don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i><<Fidelitrade not accepting any more orders. as of 11:06 AM PST 1/7/11 >>

1/7/2011 - America The Beautiful Coin Set
    Notice: Due to overwhelming demand, FideliTrade is no longer accepting anymore America the Beautiful Coin set orders. - - Please do not call.

Holy Moses...that was crazy fast! How much do you want to bet they decide to go to a lottery system rather than a FIFO process? >>

BASTAGES!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭
    Same here: We attempted to deliver your item at 11:57 am on January 07, 2011 in WILMINGTON, DE 19802 and a notice was left.
  • tincuptincup Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

That interview with Hausman of the Gold Center is a joke! He is saying those lined up outside the Gold Center were profiteerers..... well maybe they were. But what were the preferred individuals whom he sold the majority of the sets to?? I'll bet they were not collectors either.

He also seems to have a grudge that the Mint held back 27000 of the coins for collectors versions. I wonder why?
    ----- kj
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i><< Fidelitrade not accepting any more orders. as of 11:06 AM PST 1/7/11 >>

My guess is the USPS Express mail delivery just hit their door. >>

whew!, the nick of time.

<< <i>Seriously...mark my words...Fidelitrade's going to go to a lottery process. >>

I really hope that is not true. I think the people who willingly spent a little more to guarantee early A.M. delivery should get a better chance than the people who were fine with paying the $18 at the post office for 3pm delivery.
    Edited to add I am on the West Coast so I had no chance other than to use early A.M. delivery because my USPS would probably arrive around 3pm. Some East Coast USPS envelopes were lucky to be the first ones in this morning.
  • Okay, who's next? APMEX? AMark?

APs must be trembling in their boots knowing their about to get hit by a speeding locomotive.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
    That picture looks like the warehouse at the end of "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

"Hey, Joe...where are those 5 oz coins?"

"Right over there, next to King Tut's mummy. Yeah, right there, under the Ten Commandments tablets."

<< <i><<My guess is the USPS Express mail delivery just hit their door. >>

Actually, my guess is that the USPS truck just drove THROUGH their door!

MAIL'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

<<I really hope that is not true. I think the people who willingly spent a little more to guarantee early A.M. delivery should get a better chance than the people who were fine with paying the $18 at the post office for 3pm delivery. >>

"Look lady...how much do you want to guarantee morning delivery...money...how much? A kidney...no problem? Sex? Ok...just let me get back there! Anything...ANYTHING!!!"

"Wilmington, Delaware by 8:00 AM...or I'm a dead man....A DEAD MAN!!!"

And to think I was only barely kidding about jumping on the Acela yesterday afternoon...I wonder if anyone actually did?

<< <i>Just catch up time (like is supposedly the case with MTB) or done? >>

Got the e-mail from MTB at 9:30 CST
    Sent to papers back at 10:00 CSt
    Got the invoice at 1:00 CST

• << <i>

<< <i>Just catch up time (like is supposedly the case with MTB) or done? >>

Got the e-mail from MTB at 9:30 CST
    Sent to papers back at 10:00 CSt
    Got the invoice at 1:00 CST >>

Ditto....

<< <i><<I really hope that is not true. I think the people who willingly spent a little more to guarantee early A.M. delivery should get a better chance than the people who were fine with paying the $18 at the post office for 3pm delivery. >>

"Look lady...how much do you want to guarantee morning delivery...money...how much? A kidney...no problem? Sex? Ok...just let me get back there! Anything...ANYTHING!!!"

"Wilmington, Delaware by 8:00 AM...or I'm a dead man....A DEAD MAN!!!"

And to think I was only barely kidding about jumping on the Acela yesterday afternoon...I wonder if anyone actually did? >>

They said you had to have it delivered by a carrier. I wonder if you just printed a UPS or Fedex label and tossed it at their door they would check. It would be missing the sorting and delivery sticker though. Somebody could probably have it go through a local courier service if they lived close.

<< <i>

<< <i>Let's recap.

TD >>

Prudential was selling for the two hours in the morning, very very painful, but has stopped and probably still has a hoard. What will they do with those? >>

4 ap's have done nothing.
    2 ap's sold/sold out - fidelitrade/mtb
    1 ap otc sold out
    1 ap sold some, waiting for the others apmex
    1 ap sold some, what will happen to the others, Prudential.

Plus the collector version.

Lots of fun still to be had.

• Oh, as an update

The dude from near Springfield now has 78 sets for sale on Ebay....

Nice....

and I'm glad I finally got my set to keep.....BFD
    <<They said you had to have it delivered by a carrier. >>

"Hey, Joe...the USS Nimitz just pulled up outside Fidelitrade!"
  • Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems like the perfect storm as far as they way they are being metered out slowly, that could hold the high prices.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh, as an update

The dude from near Springfield now has 78 sets for sale on Ebay....

Nice....

and I'm glad I finally got my set to keep.....BFD >>

Wow, I would hate to see his Tax Liability .. maybe we should alert the IRS?image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

<< <i>None in the NGC reports either and I know they have graded some...or maybe those were just the "BU" slabs I saw >>

Mine have been pre-certified by PCGS as MS 70+ and First Strike. They took my word for the quality, of course. All I have to do is send them in.

I'll let you know when I get them back. image
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Sounds like the Gold Center wanted to be the profiteers, and is trying to draw attention away from their prior "selective"/non-public deals. >>

Back in the Nixon Era, the phrase was "plausible deniability"

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

• << <i>Wow, I would hate to see his Tax Liability >>

Yeah, like that's gonna happen.....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file