Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My sets are already slabbed, but thru NGC, and they are Early Release. I have 20 sets. Coin World even stopped by to get a picture of them slabbed.

Neither PCGS nor NGC are doing show service grading, and there will be no 70's on these. >>

How does one get 20 sets?
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My sets are already slabbed, but thru NGC, and they are Early Release. I have 20 sets. Coin World even stopped by to get a picture of them slabbed.

Neither PCGS nor NGC are doing show service grading, and there will be no 70's on these. >>

How does one get 20 sets? >>

The profile shows Illinois. That's my first hint.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    he must be a "real" customer
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

How does one get 20 sets? >>

Looks to be a Gold Center buddy. 20 sets would seem to be quite a task w/a one/HH limit. GC is SUCH as joke. Even w/the newspaper article which MsM posted The Mint has still not audited them? Unreal.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

• << <i>

<< <i>Geez, just got home and started reading this thread, I was signed up with Fideltrade for an alert weeks ago and never received any message from them today. I am zero for two on alerts as APMEX never sent my alert either, but I sure get a lot of spam from APMEX since I signed up for their alert. I am getting concerned that if I get a set in 2 or 3 weeks the good flip money will be gone, and the conditon will be so poor I will not want to keep them as the APs have had plenty of time to cherrypick these to death. I think I will go to the local rehabilitation clinic and sign up for the pucks anonymous 12 step program. >>

Update- I finally did get an alert notification from Fidelitrade around 1630. A lady called and explained that when they took my information 2 weeks ago, they forgot to get my email, so they called to inform me. I asked if there would be any preference for people who were on the alert list vs people who sent in the form without being on the list. She said no, it would be by order of mail received. She was not sure how many sets they were selling. I assume the USPS, UPS and FEDex deliveries all arrive at a different times. UPS is guaranteed to be there by 1030 (unless it snows). >>

FedEx First Overnight delivers at 8:30am at their address =)

I work at FedEx and verified the delivery time. You can also check no signiture required if you are worried about them coming back later if no one is there to sign.
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That makes more sense anyway....nice if the "buddy" wins and the other dude has to fork over the Ebay fees >>

If the buyer and seller agree not to go through with the deal, eBay will refund the seller's fees.
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Fidelitrade has been telling everyone when they call that "forgot e-mail, didn't have it" story. Anyone seeing a pattern here, where the AP's are just making a showing that they want to sell their sets, and then only end up selling a few. They are all doing this, and its pretty easy to figure out why---------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree

• << <i>he must be a "real" customer >>

Yes, "real" customers have amassed dozens of sets each, while the rest of us take it in the shorts. image
    I gave up on getting a second set on Monday. I am hoping for a price drop after all the buyers on the 'friends and family' plan get nervous as the price drops. Throw in a drop in spot silver, it might shake enough sets out of the back closet to start a stampede.
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What sucks is those that phoned FideliTrade and got on the list are in no way more likely to get a set over the dealers sending the order form to their masses. If not overnighted today, 0 chance of getting one from them. >>

Is this true? I just got a chance to check in here. Did I miss boat number 2 as well?
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Is this true? I just got a chance to check in here. Did I miss boat number 2 as well? >>

So far, I'll give Fidelitrade the benefit of the doubt...at least until a dealer outside Wilmington comes up with 50 sets on eBay...then all bets are off!

But you might try to FedEx them a completed form and check for Monday AM delivery and hope for the best...maybe the snow in the NE tomorrow might slow down tomorrow's mail to allow some Monday orders to sneak into the pile.

That's my 2 cents for what it's worth...anyone else have any thoughts?

• << <i>

<< <i>What sucks is those that phoned FideliTrade and got on the list are in no way more likely to get a set over the dealers sending the order form to their masses. If not overnighted today, 0 chance of getting one from them. >>

Is this true? I just got a chance to check in here. Did I miss boat number 2 as well? >>

Boat #2 left the dock earlier this afternoon overbooked with passengers hanging off the side railings.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
    <<Boat #2 left the dock earlier this afternoon overbooked with passengers hanging off the side railings. >>

And I'm sure Boat #2 is looking for an iceberg in the fog as we speak!!!

And you never know...maybe some people (like me) submitted multiple applications (just in case) that may very well get weeded out and open the door to a few late (Monday) submittals.

Other than the postage, what the downside to trying?? Actually...how about Saturday delivery...that might be an idea too!

• << <i><<Boat #2 left the dock earlier this afternoon overbooked with passengers hanging off the side railings. >>

And you never know...maybe some people (like me) submitted multiple applications (just in case) that may very well get weeded out and open the door to a few late (Monday) submittals.

Other than the postage, what the downside to trying?? Actually...how about Saturday delivery...that might be an idea too! >>

Something a bit troubling is that someone on Coin Talk showed he mailed his form and payment to FideliTrade on TUESDAY evening. He showed his USPS Express Mail tracking summary, with his mail arriving at FideliTrade's office WEDNESDAY noon. How did he get his order in so early, and are there possibly many others who did likewise?

See post #19 in this thread:

http://www.cointalk.com/t149179-2/
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • SoundPointSoundPoint Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I gave up on getting a second set on Monday. I am hoping for a price drop after all the buyers on the 'friends and family' plan get nervous as the price drops. Throw in a drop in spot silver, it might shake enough sets out of the back closet to start a stampede. >>

Once the sets are all sold by the Authorized Purchasers, I think prices will drop also.
    Just guessing, I would estimate less than 1/2 of the 33,000 sets available have been sold by the AP's.
    No real data to support this though. Just a crude guess. If I am right, there are quite a few sets still
    to come from the AP's. If you can get the sets from the AP's, I don't think the price will drop to much.
    However, if your buying from Ebay'ers, look out.
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i><<Boat #2 left the dock earlier this afternoon overbooked with passengers hanging off the side railings. >>

Other than the postage, what the downside to trying?? Actually...how about Saturday delivery...that might be an idea too! >>

Something a bit troubling is that someone on Coin Talk showed he mailed his form and payment to FideliTrade on TUESDAY evening. He showed his USPS Express Mail tracking summary, with his mail arriving at FideliTrade's office WEDNESDAY noon. How did he get his order in so early, and are there possibly many others who did likewise?

http://www.cointalk.com/t149179-2/ >>

First of all since when did Cointalk become the place to be as evidenced by their scoop on this story, last time I checked in over there about a year ago they all seemed like state quarter collectors. Anyway, it is possible Fidelitrade, sent out the form early to certain people because the publishing info for the form from Fidelitrade say it was made on Tuesday at 11:31am.
    Even more ridiculous is the person who posted he mailed his Tuesday night was the one who started that thread this morning, two days after having the form. So he had the information and sat on it. This whole process is so unfair, I really hope the mint stops selling products this way.

Edit: Here is the persons eBay account, and you guessed it, they specialize in selling bullion. eBay Found from a Coin Talk post Here

• << <i>Even more ridiculous is the person who posted he mailed his Tuesday night was the one who started that thread this morning, two days after having the form. So he had the information and sat on it. This whole process is so unfair, I really hope the mint stops selling products this way.

Edit: Here is the persons eBay account, and you guessed it, they specialize in selling bullion. eBay Found from a Coin Talk post Here >>

I can kinda understand why he sat on the information for a bit. He wanted to make sure his order arrived before he opened the floodgates.
    True, but I guess my frustration more came from the fact that he even had it early in the first place.
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The US mint could punish the APs by selling all the bullion eagles straight to the public from here on out, bypassing the APs all together. Give the APs a taste of their own medicine.

Now where is my torch and pitchfork.image

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Geez, just got home and started reading this thread, I was signed up with Fideltrade for an alert weeks ago and never received any message from them today. I am zero for two on alerts as APMEX never sent my alert either, but I sure get a lot of spam from APMEX since I signed up for their alert. I am getting concerned that if I get a set in 2 or 3 weeks the good flip money will be gone, and the conditon will be so poor I will not want to keep them as the APs have had plenty of time to cherrypick these to death. I think I will go to the local rehabilitation clinic and sign up for the pucks anonymous 12 step program. >>

Update- I finally did get an alert notification from Fidelitrade around 1630. A lady called and explained that when they took my information 2 weeks ago, they forgot to get my email, so they called to inform me. I asked if there would be any preference for people who were on the alert list vs people who sent in the form without being on the list. She said no, it would be by order of mail received. She was not sure how many sets they were selling. I assume the USPS, UPS and FEDex deliveries all arrive at a different times. UPS is guaranteed to be there by 1030 (unless it snows). >>

FedEx First Overnight delivers at 8:30am at their address =)

I work at FedEx and verified the delivery time. You can also check no signiture required if you are worried about them coming back later if no one is there to sign. >>

Good to know.

You got better into than I did.

What I was told was by a manager at a large FedEx hub. He said that signature was absolutely required for first overnight. Had I known your info. I would have used First ON.

<< <i>

<< <i>he must be a "real" customer >>

Yes, "real" customers have amassed dozens of sets each, while the rest of us take it in the shorts. image >>

Also re: GC, based on the comments from readers which appear following the article that MsM linked to it's clear that they do a big mail order business. So, just as was obvious to us all the no-mail order policy for the pucks was total B.S. just as G.C. is total B.S. as an AP.
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    My only concern with Fidelitrade is that upfront disclaimer(warning)which is a good thing i guess...about the pucks are handled as bullion and that they might have nicks,hits,scratches etc..... i wonder how much of their inventory have this condition. I guess we will find out once orders start getting shipped. Good luck everyone!image

(no i did not place an order)
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i><<Boat #2 left the dock earlier this afternoon overbooked with passengers hanging off the side railings. >>

http://www.cointalk.com/t149179-2/ >>

First of all since when did Cointalk become the place to be as evidenced by their scoop on this story, last time I checked in over there about a year ago they all seemed like state quarter collectors. Anyway, it is possible Fidelitrade, sent out the form early to certain people because the publishing info for the form from Fidelitrade say it was made on Tuesday at 11:31am. >>

I SURE hope that Ftrade is not another GC with perferential, insider treatment. I never got the impression that they are. That said, as mentioned, I just happend to call them on Wed. about 2 or 3 pm. I asked about setting up an account. She said no need, a bulk email will go out late this week or early next when they start selling. SO, even calling them and asking on Wed. yielded NO info. about the form or a specific selling date. So, HOW did the Cointalk guy/gal get this info?? Did I just get an uninformed rep.? She sounded on top of it. Who knows?

• Ok......I am going to attempt to re-direct our focus to the REAL pucks....the US Mint issued Pucks...collector quality...no more disclaimers like "coins may have scratches, marks, fingerprints, DNA, saliva, dog hairs etc. on them"

I will be willing to part with a nice 2008-W ASE in the original US Mint box yada, yada. yada

...and send it to the first person that can guess the date the collector pucks go on sale.....not the day announced but the official date you can order them from the Mint

One guess per person or household image.....dressing up in black hats and coats and having straggly beards won't help.....choices made are final and will be recorded when made

Only prerequisite: You MUST have posted on this thread before this post was made...

This is my way of saying thanks for all I've learned and earned from this board and for putting up with some of my "duh" moments

Post your guesses here: .DNA-Free pucks

The contest will end when a link to order is posted on the US Mint web page. If no guesses are correct then the closest will win...no over/under crap. If a tie results a coin flip will determine the winner (maybe a puck flip if Fidelitrade comes through)

I reserve the right to edit the rules if an oversight is found....

• It's snowing in Wilmington....image
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok......I am going to attempt to re-direct our focus to the REAL pucks....the US Mint issued Pucks...collector quality...no more disclaimers like "coins may have scratches, marks, fingerprints, DNA, saliva, dog hairs etc. on them"

I will be willing to part with a nice 2008-W ASE in the original US Mint box yada, yada. yada

...and send it to the first person that can guess the date the collector pucks go on sale.....not the day announced but the official date you can order them from the Mint

One guess per person or household image.....dressing up in black hats and coats and having straggly beards won't help.....choices made are final and will be recorded when made

Only prerequisite: You MUST have posted on this thread before this post was made...

This is my way of saying thanks for all I've learned and earned from this board and for putting up with some of my "duh" moments

Post your guesses here: .DNA-Free pucks

The contest will end when a link to order is posted on the US Mint web page. If no guesses are correct then the closest will win...no over/under crap. If a tie results a coin flip will determine the winner (maybe a puck flip if Fidelitrade comes through)

I reserve the right to edit the rules if an oversight is found.... >>

Thanks so much for your offer! I made my guess already & good luck to all! Oh... and I almost reached out to my black coat posse on this, but you beat me to the punch!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>A guy has a bid for $3500 for a set of PCGS coins before they are even in-hand. >>

Both the bids and questions looks like the "buddy system" at work to me. imagelink >>

That makes more sense anyway....nice if the "buddy" wins and the other dude has to fork over the Ebay fees .

and....on another note. NGC has no cut off date listed for the pucks >>

Sold for $3602 & not sure about your buddy system analysis...btw the set sold for about 1K less than the ANACS BIN sets available....
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>A guy has a bid for $3500 for a set of PCGS coins before they are even in-hand. >>

Both the bids and questions looks like the "buddy system" at work to me. imagelink >>

That makes more sense anyway....nice if the "buddy" wins and the other dude has to fork over the Ebay fees .

and....on another note. NGC has no cut off date listed for the pucks >>

Sold for $3602 & not sure about your buddy system analysis...btw the set sold for about 1K less than the ANACS BIN sets available.... >>

And $200 less than Miles' "sealed" set.
  • Checking my Fedex Priority Overnights, they are all in New Castle, DE as of 10am est due for delivery by 10:30. No sign is required typically at non-residence addresses. Light snow in DE so not much of a factor.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Never saw this kind of status before on the FedEx tracker:

Jan 7, 2011 8:29 AM - On FedEx vehicle for delivery, but driver stopped for coffee and donuts. Will deliver when he gets around to it - NEW CASTLE, DE
    who can pass up dunkin donuts on a light snowy day?
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
    <<Never saw this kind of status before on the FedEx tracker:

Jan 7, 2011 8:29 AM - On FedEx vehicle for delivery, but driver stopped for coffee and donuts. Will deliver when he gets around to it - NEW CASTLE, DE>>

Mine says...DRIVER SUBMITTED HIS OWN ATB FORMS...THEN SET FIRE TO TRUCK WITH EVERYONE ELSE'S ABOARD

Also outside were 3 burning USPS trucks, 4 UPS trucks and 2 DHL trucks....and a large group of Hasidic men (it's an inside joke...page back a few dozen posts)

<< <i><<Never saw this kind of status before on the FedEx tracker:

Jan 7, 2011 8:29 AM - On FedEx vehicle for delivery, but driver stopped for coffee and donuts. Will deliver when he gets around to it - NEW CASTLE, DE>>

Mine says...DRIVER SUBMITTED HIS OWN ATB FORMS...THEN SET FIRE TO TRUCK WITH EVERYONE ELSE'S ABOARD

Also outside were 3 burning USPS trucks, 4 UPS trucks and 2 DHL trucks....and a large group of Hasidic men (it's an inside joke...page back a few dozen posts) >>

Oy gevalt !!!!!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
    Nice to see everyone still has a sense of humor.

Will you still have them when sellers 2 miles away start selling listing 20+ sets on eBay...
    <<Will you still have them when sellers 2 miles away start selling listing 20+ sets on eBay... >>

If I'm that seller...yes, I'll be in excellent spirits!
    And in a somewhat related note...silver, gold and plat are all [finally] up today!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I know...I know...take it to the PM Forum!
    Delivered
    I'd like to know how many letters were delivered on that truck...I bet it surprised the heck out of fidelitrade

I went priority mail image

<< <i>I'd like to know how many letters were delivered on that truck...I bet it surprised the heck out of fidelitrade >>

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice to see everyone still has a sense of humor.

Will you still have them when sellers 2 miles away start selling listing 20+ sets on eBay... >>

Wouldn't bother me any. I only have one set & it's being graded by PCGS as we speak & it's a keeper...not for sale. btw any 70 will be offered to the Gold Center for $15k+image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got notice that my Fedex order was delivered to F-trade.

My father is also a big collector and had wanted one of these sets, so I had him email the form on Tuesday (yes, I waited a day to tell him) to MTB with his DL to the same guy I bought my set from with an order request. He got a sales confirmation back today.

So MTB still has inventory and is still processing sales, for all of you who haven't heard back yet.
    <<My father is also a big collector and had wanted one of these sets, so I had him email the form on Tuesday (yes, I waited a day to tell him) >>

Boy...you're gonna burn in Hell for that one buddy!!!

<< <i><<Never saw this kind of status before on the FedEx tracker:

Also outside were 3 burning USPS trucks, 4 UPS trucks and 2 DHL trucks....and a large group of Hasidic men (it's an inside joke...page back a few dozen posts) >>

<< <i><<My father is also a big collector and had wanted one of these sets, so I had him email the form on Tuesday (yes, I waited a day to tell him) >>

Boy...you're gonna burn in Hell for that one buddy!!!

image >>

He will tell his father-in-law about them sometime in late February...
    <<He will tell his father-in-law about them sometime in late February... >>

And I'll hit my mother-in-law in the chops with a coal shovel if she attempts to finger mine!

<< <i>Checking my Fedex Priority Overnights, they are all in New Castle, DE as of 10am est due for delivery by 10:30. No sign is required typically at non-residence addresses. Light snow in DE so not much of a factor. >>

Tracked mine, delivered at 10:30 a.m. - along with thousands of it's closest friends I'm sure...
    I just checked the USPS site...also delivered...at 9:33...do I win a prize?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file