Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latest NN article.................America the Beautiful Bullions Go to "Profiteers"

Numismaster article
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I think its random. I have a coworker who sent in his papers on Wed and he has been confirmed >>

And I, and others, sent faxed our papers in by noon on Monday, had our checks deilvered by 10:30 on Tues and have not heard JACK! >>

I don't think any of this is FIFO, in terms of order status. I do think that is going to be the case, however, in terms of filing and shipping cleared (paid) orders.

Two separate departments with two separate responsibilities.

• << <i><<They said you had to have it delivered by a carrier. >>

"Hey, Joe...the USS Nimitz just pulled up outside Fidelitrade!" >>

USS Nimitz
  • tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Just catch up time (like is supposedly the case with MTB) or done? >>

Got the e-mail from MTB at 9:30 CST
    Sent to papers back at 10:00 CSt
    Got the invoice at 1:00 CST >>

Ditto.... >>

I really think it's what I've been saying all along, MTB are good guys who just never saw the train coming and were greatly overwhelmed. As they catch their breath, they are doing the best they can to get back to the customers.... Most of whom are "new" and whom their CEO is committed to attempting to engage for repeat, larger business in the future.

It's easy to scream "I'm getting screwed," (and for me, since I appear to have gotten one of the first MTB accepted orders anywhere), but I really think this.

I think APMEX got caught w/ hand in the cookie jar and this mess began. MTB went to bat next and is trying to do its best. This clown whose newspaper report was placed here is, IMHO, the worst to date and Fidelitrade looks to be as though they are fitting in between MTB and APMEX as I see it.

Time will tell.

Personally, I think there is some type of customer list sharing going on so as to keep one set per buyer as close to the regs as possible but not necessarily among all of the AP's, just some.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>KP Numismatic ATB Story >>

<< <i>These coins were supposed to go to collectors, and they went to profiteers >>

Sounds like the Gold Center wanted to be the profiteers, and is trying to draw attention away from their prior "selective"/non-public deals. >>

Back in the Nixon Era, the phrase was "plausible deniability"

image >>

Sorry Capt....didn't see your response ... your fingers are quicker than mine. image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Today?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<USS NIMITZ>>

Capt. John Ring, USS Nimitz executive officer, said the ship was able to make the move from Naval Base Kitsap – Bremerton to Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and IMF in just days because of pre-planning, hard work and excellent teamwork between Nimitz and the shipyard.

"Usually when a ship comes into the yards, there's about a month of preparation," said Ring. "We did a month's worth of work in five days, which is unbelievable."

Ring then added, "WHICH NOW FREES UP THE ENTIRE CREW TO GO STAND IN LINE OUTSIDE SOME COIN STORE IN SPRINGFIELD, ILLINOIS!"

So THAT's what really happened!!!

<< <i>Its posted in the top right corner of the homepage or here: FideliTrade >>

WOW, that answers the question "how many people spent $20 to send Express" or "how many sets are they selling" or a combo. of both. Incredible.

• << <i>

<< <i>

Today? >>

Yup....

<< <i><<I really hope that is not true. I think the people who willingly spent a little more to guarantee early A.M. delivery should get a better chance than the people who were fine with paying the $18 at the post office for 3pm delivery. >>

"Look lady...how much do you want to guarantee morning delivery...money...how much? A kidney...no problem? Sex? Ok...just let me get back there! Anything...ANYTHING!!!"

"Wilmington, Delaware by 8:00 AM...or I'm a dead man....A DEAD MAN!!!"

And to think I was only barely kidding about jumping on the Acela yesterday afternoon...I wonder if anyone actually did? >>

They ONLY accepted carrier deliveries not in person per their email.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Today? >>

sorry, yes today, 12/7/11
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<USS NIMITZ>>

Capt. John Ring, USS Nimitz executive officer, said the ship was able to make the move from Naval Base Kitsap – Bremerton to Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and IMF in just days because of pre-planning, hard work and excellent teamwork between Nimitz and the shipyard.

"Usually when a ship comes into the yards, there's about a month of preparation," said Ring. "We did a month's worth of work in five days, which is unbelievable."

Ring then added, "WHICH NOW FREES UP THE ENTIRE CREW TO GO STAND IN LINE OUTSIDE SOME COIN STORE IN SPRINGFIELD, ILLINOIS!"

So THAT's what really happened!!! >>

One of the glories of "The SImpsons" is that Matt Groenig always kept messing with our heads as to where "Springfield" was. In some episodes it was in the mountains, but in one episode an aircraft carrier pulled into town so that a boy band could perform on the deck.
    Must have been the USS Numnutz!!!!!!!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

<< <i>

<< <i>Oh, as an update

The dude from near Springfield now has 78 sets for sale on Ebay....

Nice....

and I'm glad I finally got my set to keep.....BFD >>

Wow, I would hate to see his Tax Liability .. maybe we should alert the IRS?image >>

Of course he'll make about $150K just for being a friend of GC.

78 SETS!! One/HH. HOW is possible that The Mint is not ALL OVER GC???????????????
  • ..and the size will remain 3"

No one year 3" pucks.....

staying 3 inches
    Raufus

PM sent
  • ...and it's after 3pm

USPS still "notice left"

What a waste of cash paying for Express....
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    USPS Detailed Results:

Bullet Delivered, January 07, 2011, 2:20 pm, WILMINGTON, DE 19802
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>...and it's after 3pm

USPS still "notice left"

What a waste of cash paying for Express.... >>

Mine too, what's up with that? Did they all go home?
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Today? >>

sorry, yes today, 12/7/11 >>

Thanks for the date. When did you order? Thanks.
  • Your item was delivered at 2:20 pm on January 07, 2011 in WILMINGTON, DE 19802 to FIDELITRADE . The item was signed for by L SCOTTON.

Track and Confirm

Enter Label/Receipt Number.

Enter Label / Receipt Number.

Detailed Results:

Bullet Delivered, January 07, 2011, 2:20 pm, WILMINGTON, DE 19802
    Bullet Notice Left, January 07, 2011, 11:57 am, WILMINGTON, DE 19802

Now we wait.....
    Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA

• << <i>

USPS still "notice left"

Mine too, what's up with that? Did they all go home? >>

Check again.....delivered at 220p
  • felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>USPS Detailed Results:

Bullet Delivered, January 07, 2011, 2:20 pm, WILMINGTON, DE 19802 >>

Same here:

Your item was delivered at 2:20 pm on January 07, 2011 in WILMINGTON, DE 19802 to FIDELITRADE .

What a roller coaster!!
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    Maybe the few thousand delivered by the USPS (later than the other 2 carriers) was denied
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Its posted in the top right corner of the homepage or here: FideliTrade >>

WOW, that answers the question "how many people spent $20 to send Express" or "how many sets are they selling" or a combo. of both. Incredible. >>

Maybe, maybe not. It may mean that they had a large number of folks calling in daily but they also know they sent out a large number of emails with the account info. Too soon for them to get everything and update a page based on mails that are coming in. They will likely be sold out within days though, know it, and are trying to stop more calls and requests which would create dissatisfied customers.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Your item was delivered at 2:20 pm on January 07, 2011 in WILMINGTON, DE 19802 to FIDELITRADE . The item was signed for by L SCOTTON.

<< <i>

<< <i>

WOW, that answers the question "how many people spent $20 to send Express" or "how many sets are they selling" or a combo. of both. Incredible. >>

Maybe, maybe not. It may mean that they had a large number of folks calling in daily but they also know they sent out a large number of emails with the account info. Too soon for them to get everything and update a page based on mails that are coming in. They will likely be sold out within days though, know it, and are trying to stop more calls and requests which would create dissatisfied customers. >>

I still have no email from Ftrade despite being on the email list for some time. There are likely a lot of people in the same boat. If not for my friend telling me about the sales and this forum I'd still not have known about them being on sale. Makes the super fast sell-out all the more impressive.
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

USPS still "notice left"

Check again.....delivered at 220p >>

Yep, mine is too. They must have all gone out to lunch together! Still not convinced these orders will make it through, though.image
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
    Re the pucks now remaining 3 inches in diameter in future years...

Not that I can begin to pretend to be as much of an expert as Eric Jordan on these matters, but I think this may make them even MORE collectible/valuable now...since they won't be "one off" type freaks.

At least I think Eric may have made a similar point about stuff like this in his book.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

USPS still "notice left"

Check again.....delivered at 220p >>

Yep, mine is too. They must have all gone out to lunch together! Still not convinced these orders will make it through, though.image >>

Hey if I can get a set from MTB from an email that was returned to me as "Unable to be delivered" anything is possible image
  • botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>These coins were supposed to go to collectors, and they went to profiteers >>

Sounds like the Gold Center wanted to be the profiteers, and is trying to draw attention away from their prior "selective"/non-public deals. >>

image >>

I wish somebody would contact Debbie Bradley and set her straight on what really happened at The Gold Center, which apparently sold 3000+ sets secretly under the table. I wonder if the owner was assuming he'd get away with such a flagrant violation of US mint regulations because of a "special" relationship with the mint employee who might pretend to do the auditing. The entire AP system lends itself to corruption, in more ways than just this example, and needs to be abolished.
    my son and I both sent orders (separately), they both arrived on the 10:44 truck. Signed by 'Bryant'...maybe the same person who put me on the "list" via email. But my tracking also says "Exception" on it and "adverse weather"
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭
    Got the invoice at 1:00 CST

I sent one in for my mom. She really wanted a set. I usually give her one of almost everything I order from the mint including a Buchannan Gold Proof last year. I got their email at 1PM EST today..and sent the form back at 3PM EST. Had to get her sig and DL. Haven't heard anything yet. We shall see.
  • REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it seems the FideliTrade message on their website coincides with the time the USPS mailman arrived. Looks like they may have received several thousand pieces of express mail between all of the services. Amazing.

• << <i>Got the e-mail from MTB at 9:30 CST
    Got the invoice at 1:00 CST

I sent one in for my mom. I got their email at 1PM EST today..and sent the form back at 3PM EST. Had to get her sig and DL. Haven't heard anything yet. We shall see. >>

They never got my return email/docs today so I schleped to Staples and fax it....worth the few bucks.....got my order confirmation already
    Pretty cool...send out a few emails, get 20 million dollars in the mail the next day
    hey never got my return email/docs today so I schleped to Staples and fax it....worth the few bucks.....got my order confirmation already

Thanks for the info. I just sent a fax too.
  • Nothing Extreme about the weather in Wilmington (Wilmington, DE- Actual Weather).

I wonder how many people ended up with the 10:44 delivery. Class Action?
    <<I sent one in for my mom. She really wanted a set.>>

And even if she didn't want a set, Mom was getting one of these sets, right? [Nudge...nudge...wink...wink...]

Kinda like my sister-in-law...who suddenly realized she REALLY wanted a set of these too...after I stole her checkbook.
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well it seems the FideliTrade message on their website coincides with the time the USPS mailman arrived. Looks like they may have received several thousand pieces of express mail between all of the services. Amazing. >>

1/7/2011 - America The Beautiful Coin Set
    Notice: Due to overwhelming demand, FideliTrade is no longer accepting anymore America the Beautiful Coin set orders. - - Please do not call.

Congrats to those that caught the speeding train!! Stomach churning ride, ain't it?

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

I wish somebody would contact Debbie Bradley and set her straight on what really happened at The Gold Center, which apparently sold 3000+ sets secretly under the table. I wonder if the owner was assuming he'd get away with such a flagrant violation of US mint regulations because of a "special" relationship with the mint employee who might pretend to do the auditing. The entire AP system lends itself to corruption, in more ways than just this example, and needs to be abolished. >>

The NN editorial/reporter dept's number is: 715-445-2214.
    image felinfoel
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nothing Extreme about the weather in Wilmington (Wilmington, DE- Actual Weather).

I wonder how many people ended up with the 10:44 delivery. Class Action? >>

I was watching the traffic cams, and nobody was on the road and the people that were were moving smoothly, there was snow on the side of the road but not on the road. When I track my package here it provides some more information and also says UPS Internal Activity in Newark DE, so maybe more than the weather delayed our packages?

<< <i>

<< <i>Well it seems the FideliTrade message on their website coincides with the time the USPS mailman arrived. Looks like they may have received several thousand pieces of express mail between all of the services. Amazing. >>

1/7/2011 - America The Beautiful Coin Set
    Notice: Due to overwhelming demand, FideliTrade is no longer accepting anymore America the Beautiful Coin set orders. - - Please do not call.

Congrats to those that caught the speeding train!! Stomach churning ride, ain't it?

Miles >>

Yes it is Miles. Also, hats off to you! INCREDIBLE sale for your sealed box. Incredible.
    And even if she didn't want a set, Mom was getting one of these sets, right? [Nudge...nudge...wink...wink...]

Needs to put some of her cash into PMs anyway. All my U.S. Mint shipments get sent to her address anyway. She's always wants to see what is in the boxes, so usually end up giving her almost one of everything I buy from the mint. She's as bad as me as far as collecting.
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    Your item was delivered at 2:20 pm on January 07, 2011 in WILMINGTON, DE 19802 to FIDELITRADE . The item was signed for by L SCOTTON.

Detailed Results:

Delivered, January 07, 2011, 2:20 pm, WILMINGTON, DE 19802
    Notice Left, January 07, 2011, 11:57 am, WILMINGTON, DE 19802

usps.com

$5,100

ebay
    <,$5,100>>

<<ebay >>

C'mon...baby needs 250 pairs of shoes!
  • I think there should be a new thread for the "Collector version" of the puck....this one should be exhausted by then...

It can start on the day the sales are announced (and we will have a winner in the contest)

All sorts of cool order numbers and stuff.....Tales of how long it took to get the web site to work....

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

I wish somebody would contact Debbie Bradley and set her straight on what really happened at The Gold Center, which apparently sold 3000+ sets secretly under the table. I wonder if the owner was assuming he'd get away with such a flagrant violation of US mint regulations because of a "special" relationship with the mint employee who might pretend to do the auditing. The entire AP system lends itself to corruption, in more ways than just this example, and needs to be abolished. >>

what special relationship are you talking about? got a url?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4500 RPM!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file