Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• << <i>Mine shipped too. 2nd day air. I should get them on Friday then off to PCGS they go. >>

Anyone know what the PCGS holders will look like and whether there are extra charges for the oversized holder?
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • I love how the thread focus changes on a whim. Lol. I bet there will be more graded, early release slabbed coins then ungradeds. Whats more desireable?
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just received email confirmation from APMEX that my pucks have shipped. Merry Xmas from APMEX.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shipshawanna!!!!!!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

• << <i>I love how the thread focus changes on a whim. Lol. I bet there will be more graded, early release slabbed coins then ungradeds. Whats more desireable? >>

Well you can always make a FS graded puck an ungraded one.....

but...

You can't always make an ungraded one a FS

.....no clue what that means image
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Order Wrapped
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Confirmation they shipped via 2nd day. Scheduled for Friday image
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Are the PCGS numbers for these coins known?
  • OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    I could be wrong but I thought that PCGS wasn't grading these.
  • Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    If this is supposed to be a public release only, one per HH, then how can anyone explain the shopcsntv.com website selling these bullion pieces as a set?? And at such a reasonable price...image

• << <i>If this is supposed to be a public release only, one per HH, then how can anyone explain the shopcsntv.com website selling these bullion pieces as a set?? And at such a reasonable price...image

image >>

Amazing, I am sure the mint will do a thorough investigation on how CSN obtained more than one set for sale, although at that price they may not be selling too many sets.
  • A secondary retailer selling these before the APs?! HSN probably has their employees lined up to do the friends and family thing, so there's probably no hanky-panky, but the APs need to get their butts moving and start taking orders.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A secondary retailer selling these before the APs?! HSN probably has their employees lined up to do the friends and family thing, so there's probably no hanky-panky, but the APs need to get their butts moving and start taking orders. >>

With only 29 sets in their inventory...I think you hit the nail on the head.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    dont worry, after the calls to the USM today, they are keeping a close eye on whats happening
  • Great Ebay add, LOL at the description and the questions and answers !

only $625,000

ebay link
  • ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    So, Apmex allowed each customer 1 set? When and/if will they put up the remaining stock for others to buy? Thx
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
    hahaha

talked with apmex this morning, seems like they are preferring a method to email alert those who put in the alert feature in order of which they were received....

i suppose thats the waiting line.

• << <i>hahaha

talked with apmex this morning, seems like they are preferring a method to email alert those who put in the alert feature in order of which they were received....

i suppose thats the waiting line. >>

I signed up for an alert about three months ago. Never heard from them on the saturday the set went on sale but I have received an endless stream of email adds for their other products. I signed up for the alert again, wonder if I will have better luck this time. image
  • tincuptincup Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>hahaha

Sounds reasonable and fair to me. At least it appears that Apmex is trying to comply with the Mints expectations. Wish I could say the same for the other APs. I have a feeling there are some games going on out there. Too many sets popping up but yet no one is selling....
    ----- kj
    IMO

lots of games going on.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So, Apmex allowed each customer 1 set? When and/if will they put up the remaining stock for others to buy? Thx >>

Don't know.

I did call Apmex today about available date for the 5 oz set and was told to go to the website and do the product alert thing.

I put my product alert on the 5 oz set on Dec. 9.

I think the product alert thing is date sensitive and I'm counting on the one set per HH rule to get me in w/ Apmex, but who knows?

I'm sure there are lots of other ATB 5 oz alerts before me.

So we'll see.

• << <i>Great Ebay add, LOL at the description and the questions and answers !

only $625,000

ebay link >>

The Q&As on that are priceless.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuse me, but if APMEX attemps the "we're only going to sell to those who set up an alert"...that's also bogus because many people called them and were not told that they NEEDED to set up an alert in order to purchase these sets..

AND how does that prevent anyone from entering 10 different e-mail addresses and shutting out 9 other buyers?

All these games are truly disturbing and disgusting, and contribute to the rapidly diminishing integrity of the hobby! At this rate, we'll be in the same category as baseball card and comic book collectors...all left in a seriously diminished hobby after all the hucksters and scam artists exit!

<< <i>Excuse me, but if APMEX attemps the "we're only going to sell to those who set up an alert"...that's also bogus because many people called them and were not told that they NEEDED to set up an alert in order to purchase these sets..

AND how does that prevent anyone from entering 10 different e-mail addresses and shutting out 9 other buyers?

All these games are truly disturbing and disgusting, and contribute to the rapidly diminishing integrity of the hobby! At this rate, we'll be in the same category as baseball card and comic book collectors...all left in a seriously diminished hobby after all the hucksters and scam artists exit! >>

By your comment it's obvious you've never purchased anything from APMEX...The Alert is used to let you know via email, that the item is available for sale once again & nothing else. You will still need to purchase it at that time & establish an account.
  • Mine shipped from APMEX today.

Ironically, it seems that the company who was initially at the forefront of the abuses is now the first to ship. But what's going on with the other 2,000 they have? Something fishy is indeed going on.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mine shipped from APMEX today.

Ironically, it seems that the company who was initially at the forefront of the abuses is now the first to ship. But what's going on with the other 2,000 they have? Something fishy is indeed going on. >>

What's going on w/the other 2,000?

I believe they will be sold through their Alert Me system.

It's second tier to the ones who originally ordered.

If Alert Me doesn't exhaust the remaining supply, third tier would be ATB 5 oz item on the Apmex website. It will change to 'available' and you can order them.

There's other APs coming up to sell these 5 oz things - and by the time it's over with - the premium will be zilch and I bet you can buy a set on ebay in March, 2011 for spot + 10%.

After all, this is bullion.

The collector version may be a wee bit different...image

my two centavos
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>IMO

lots of games going on. >>

games like a couple of people getting their sets before others is not what the mint hq needs to hear about.

apmex just shipped some. relax.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>my two centavos >>

Ain't worth a plugged nickelimage

I still have my doubts whether the Mint was able to unload all 33k sets.
  • Maybe Fidelitrade will get them and sell sets instead of singles

<< <i>

<< <i>my two centavos >>

Ain't worth a plugged nickelimage >>

that depends upon the date.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ?
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Excuse me, but if APMEX attemps the "we're only going to sell to those who set up an alert"...that's also bogus because many people called them and were not told that they NEEDED to set up an alert in order to purchase these sets..

All these games are truly disturbing and disgusting, and contribute to the rapidly diminishing integrity of the hobby! At this rate, we'll be in the same category as baseball card and comic book collectors...all left in a seriously diminished hobby after all the hucksters and scam artists exit! >>

I set up an alert as soon as they became available and I've yet to hear a thing from them.
  • I think it's fine that APMEX shipped to those who bought previously. I just wish I was one of them! image

On a side note: While confirming my APMEX password and setting my cell phone for the "alert" (you have too right?), I came across an order from a couple years ago. Here's a clip of it for posterity. The good old days! 90% delivered for 9.7X face!

<< <i>I think it's fine that APMEX shipped to those who bought previously. I just wish I was one of them! image

On a side note: While confirming my APMEX password and setting my cell phone for the "alert" (you have too right?), I came across an order from a couple years ago. Here's a clip of it for posterity. The good old days! 90% delivered for 9.7X face!

image >>

I wish I was in, too!

What did you do with the silver coins?

(Any Quantity: $2,135.70)
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mine shipped too. 2nd day air. I should get them on Friday then off to PCGS they go. >>

Hi Brian-

You may want to hang tight on sending them to PCGS. That was my plan as well. I called PCGS today. They said that holders are not yet available, that they are still working on the gasket. She also said that they are not sure whether or not they will do a FS designation for these pucks. She advised keeping the box sealed until they decide so as to preserve FS eligibility. I told her that they are shipping now so they should get this straight ASAP.

R-
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Raufus,

Thank you for the info. I'll give PCGS a call tomorrow and report if anything has changed.
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My AMPEX five has shipped UPS two day air. What a special Christmas eve present this will be and with a big fat refund check to boot.

• << <i>What did you do with the silver coins? >>

Are you ready for this? That bag (and a bunch more 90%) was traded to Smittys for 3.35oz in GAE proofs. That was back when those proofs were at $850/oz in 2008.

Then the GAE proofs went to segoja when they were at $1700 in 2009. Now I'm ready for some 5oz ATB quarters and nobody's selling the damn things! image
    MsM

Its your opinion that the USM doesnt need to hear about the games going on, however, its funny - when I talked to THEM they were VERY interested to know what was going on and were keeping a close eye on it.

So, in summary, your advice of DONT call......

Not the best advice to follow.
  • Get ready people! The mania continues......

Mint web page updated info on the collector's pucks....ready for 2011

Special Pucks

edited to add: When I actually READ the article the only new part was the paragraph at the bottom...duh!
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>hahaha

I signed up for an alert about three months ago. Never heard from them on the saturday the set went on sale but I have received an endless stream of email adds for their other products. I signed up for the alert again, wonder if I will have better luck this time. image >>

I had alerts set for all the singles when they were listed. Once they pulled those and decided to list set only those alerts were useless as they were for a product they weren't going to sell (singles).
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>MsM

Its your opinion that the USM doesnt need to hear about the games going on, however, its funny - when I talked to THEM they were VERY interested to know what was going on and were keeping a close eye on it.

So, in summary, your advice of DONT call......

Not the best advice to follow. >>

Or they are saying "that weird guy called AGAIN, way to much time on his hands"

Loves me some shiny!
    <<By your comment it's obvious you've never purchased anything from APMEX...The Alert is used to let you know via email, that the item is available for sale once again & nothing else. You will still need to purchase it at that time & establish an account. >>

Actually, I have purchased from APMEX and have an account. However, the idea that the order that you set-up an alert should be used to determine the availability of items for sale to an individual is bogus.

How about just placing them on sale and selling them first come, first serve -- like the rest of their inventory -- without any strings attached? Now wouldn't that be a novel idea?
  • 11 AP's have bought ATB's

Text
    <<I set up an alert as soon as they became available and I've yet to hear a thing from them. >>

Bingo...join the club. I guess some people's alerts are more "important" than others!

• << <i>How about kust placing them on sale and selling them first come, first serve without any strings attached? Now wouldn't that be a novel idea? >>

Way too simple. Every new step/announcement from all the AP's has just made things MUCH more complicated that it had to be. If all of the AP's just put them up for sale at the same time the purchasers all would be spread out and things would have gone much smoother.

Now it's going to be like sharks chasing the bait fish around the ocean....

• << <i>11 AP's have bought ATB's

Text >>

It says 9 out of 11
  • Correction ---9 of the 11 AP's bought the ATB's

Text
  • botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    As these begin to be delivered, I hope the recipients will begin posting condition reports.

• << <i>As these begin to be delivered, I hope the recipients will begin posting condition reports. >>

I think you will get a BUNCH of reports tomorrow.....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file