Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could say it is first-in, first-out. Who is to say otherwise unless there is an investigation.

I've documented the fact that Gold Center told me personally that the coins wouldn't be available until after Jan. 1st, and that coins are showing up in Decatur, and in Carlinville. I've documented that to the Mint's Legal Affairs Office.

When I speak to the Chief Counsel, I will ask him if there is going to be any accountability. If and when that conversation takes place, I will report it here.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    You know, I'm simply tired of the crap.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    At this point I am surprised that the Mint doesn't require that the coins be distributed in equal portions to each gender, racial, religious, and sexual orientation community. I mean, lets really get fair. Forget one per hh. That is not good enough since a bunch of white, heterosexual christian men will probably end up with these.image Happy trails Mr Moy.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    [I've documented the fact that Gold Center told me personally that the coins wouldn't be available until after Jan. 1st, and that coins are showing up in Decatur, and in Carlinville. I've documented that to the Mint's Legal Affairs Office.

I am trying to understand why they or any of the AP's are prohibited from changing their distribution plans. Are the words to you legally binding in some way?

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTC sales only...what a crock of s***!

And I'm sure they're going to be keeping impeccable records of all the "cash" sales they make to back up the 1 per HH rule, right?

This place sounds really sleazy and should be slammed!
  • Options
    At this point I am surprised that the Mint doesn't require that the coins be distributed in equal portions to each gender, racial, religious, and sexual orientation community. I mean, lets really get fair. Forget one per hh. That is not good enough since a bunch of white, heterosexual christian men will probably end up with these. Happy trails Mr Moy.

white, heterosexual christian men

Why are you singling out someone on the basis of race, sexual orientation and religion?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>OTC sales only...what a crock of s***!

Unfair. I am geographically challenged.
  • Options

<< <i>At this point I am surprised that the Mint doesn't require that the coins be distributed in equal portions to each gender, racial, religious, and sexual orientation community. I mean, lets really get fair. Forget one per hh. That is not good enough since a bunch of white, heterosexual christian men will probably end up with these. Happy trails Mr Moy.

white, heterosexual christian men

Why are you singling out someone on the basis of race, sexual orientation and religion? >>

That is what the government does, not me. I do believe you missed my point by a mile.
  • Options
    It was your own quote, not from the government's webpage or anywhere else. Why?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>It was your own quote, not from the government's webpage or anywhere else. Why? >>

You are not wearing brown today are you?
  • Options
    << It was your own quote, not from the government's webpage or anywhere else. Why? >>

Interesting comment - Coinsponge, for someone who is willing to make unsubstantiated attacks on a specific group of people based on their race, gender, sexuality and religion.

Not an answer, only another attack. An honest answer would be appreciated.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Interesting comment, for someone who is willing to make unsubstantiated attacks on a specific group of people based on their gender, sexuality and religion. Not an answer, only an attack. An honest answer would be appreciated. >>

I made no such attack. My comment was based on the governments ever obsessive attempts at fairness and how IT groups people and distributes fairness in its own way which is often not fair at all. They call it quotas. You are not reading my words clearly. Now we are drifting so I will not carry this discussion further other to say peace to you and have a great Christmas.
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    Listed on Ebay, not mine but an early bird special.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,565 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>don't call the mint HQ.

No, review the Mint's new statement on the new distribution rules first. THEN, call the Mint. So far we have at least 2 documented instances of Gold Center releasing sets to selected individuals but not the general public. And one of them wants $3,000 for the set. When will it not be too early?

Decatur, IL = 30 miles

Carlinville = 60 miles

Next, I predict sellers from Bloomington and Chicago. >>

Well, we can't say for sure who it is, but the circumstantial evidence is there.

it's not looking good.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i><< It was your own quote, not from the government's webpage or anywhere else. Why? >>

Interesting comment - Coinsponge, for someone who is willing to make unsubstantiated attacks on a specific group of people based on their race, gender, sexuality and religion.

Not an answer, only another attack. An honest answer would be appreciated. >>

Man you need to calm down and focus on getting your set. All this arguing and making lists and calling the Mint is wasted energy. I hope you weren't expecting this would be easy - the best things in life never are.
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That is what the government does, not me. I do believe you missed my point by a mile. >>

• Options

<< <i>

No, review the Mint's new statement on the new distribution rules first. THEN, call the Mint. So far we have at least 2 documented instances of Gold Center releasing sets to selected individuals but not the general public. And one of them wants $3,000 for the set. When will it not be too early?

Decatur, IL = 30 miles

Carlinville = 60 miles

Next, I predict sellers from Bloomington and Chicago. >>

Well, we can't say for sure who it is, but the circumstantial evidence is there.

it's not looking good. >>

And I also find it troubling that we are members of the public yet no one here has been able to even get a firm on sale date yet from anyone except for the APMEX pre-sale do-over, and there are sets on eBay.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>http://cgi.ebay.com/America-Beautiful-5oz-Set-READY-SHIP-/110627343142?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item19c1e74b26 >>

linked

BIN $3000 Holy Cow! >>

Any guess as to which AP supplied the pucks? >>

Item location: Carlinville, Illinois, United States >>

Has anybody tried asking the seller how many coins he was consigned?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's too early to do that. >>

Now?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    the good news is that the mint reserves the right to inspect records, so the mint could find out if they wanted to find out.
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 619 ✭✭✭
    It would seems Gold Center is not doing anything illegal.

However, I think we get back to what the roll of an Authorized Mint Purchaser/Distributor is, of which there are only 11.

If all this guy does is Distribute to those who walk in the door and never ever takes orders for bulk bullion over the phone or internet, then it might be OK to sell these to walk ins only.

I just find it hard to believe that's the case. How could an Authorized Purchaser NOT sell over the phone and via mail? SO, it would seem, he's changing his practices.

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It would seems Gold Center is not doing anything illegal.

However, I think we get back to what the roll of an Authorized Mint Purchaser/Distributor is, of which there are only 11.

If all this guy does is Distribute to those who walk in the door and never ever takes orders for bulk bullion over the phone or internet, then it might be OK to sell these to walk ins only.

I just find it hard to believe that's the case. How could an Authorized Purchaser NOT sell over the phone and via mail? SO, it would seem, he's changing his practices. >>

Wonder if some of the AP's have a min. amount for phone orders?
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is selling flips for these things??
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    <<I just find it hard to believe that's the case. How could an Authorized Purchaser NOT sell over the phone and via mail? SO, it would seem, he's changing his practices.>>

AND the big question is how much this AP is getting paid for this "special walk in service". I'm sure there's lots of dirty dealing still going on!
  • Options
    I suggest you all calm down.

The only things known are these haven't been sold to anyone here, and there are a couple of sets on eBay.

everything else is speculation and will just make you look bad if you throw accusations around without proof.

APMEX IS processing their pre-sales at a good price and in a timely manner.

don't throw all the APs under the bus for a couple of sets that no one knows how or where they were purchased.
  • Options
    <<I suggest you all calm down.>>

<<The only things known are these haven't been sold to anyone here, and there are a couple of sets on eBay.>>

Except of course, that the contacts and resources available to the people on this board literally represent each and every legitimate (and some illegitimate) ways to acquire US coins on this earth...and even we're not currently able to do it.

Which means one thing: there's a leak somewhere in the system...and that's not right, fair...and probably illegal in regards to both the spirit and intent of the laws governing this issue.

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Got the e-mail.
  • Options

<< <i>Got the e-mail. >>

• Options

<< <i>FWIW - my order status just went from "B Vault" to "Order Pulled". Maybe I'll have my set before Santa gets here!!! image >>

Mine is out of "B vault" and says "Order double checked"

• Options
    Got the email.

Says "sorry sucka, you aint gettin' jack. Try a flipper on ebay." image

Actually, all this may be good. I don't need another set to collect. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>FWIW - my order status just went from "B Vault" to "Order Pulled". Maybe I'll have my set before Santa gets here!!! image >>

Mine is out of "B vault" and says "Order double checked" >>

Mine is "wrapped"
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    Order Status: Order Wrapped

Next step...stuff into Santa's bag image

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine says Order Wrapped.

Est. ship date: 12/23.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    The villagers are getting restless.

Mine shipped today.image
  • Options
    I'm wrapped too! Watch the POS crash and this turn out to be the biggest to-do about nothing. Great drinking story though regarding this saga to the right audience that is. My wife just rolls her eyes like what a geek!
  • Options

<< <i><<I suggest you all calm down.>>

<<The only things known are these haven't been sold to anyone here, and there are a couple of sets on eBay.>>

Except of course, that the contacts and resources available to the people on this board literally represent each and every legitimate (and some illegitimate) ways to acquire US coins on this earth...and even we're not currently able to do it.

Which means one thing: there's a leak somewhere in the system...and that's not right, fair...and probably illegal in regards to both the spirit and intent of the laws governing this issue. >>

and a few sets sold to friends isn't that big of a deal.

I'm still not ready to call.

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    I asked if I ordered a second set, and used my credit card, but had it shipped to my neighbor in his name and address, if that was allowable. They were not able to answer. It's apparently one of the questions Apmex is asking the mint.
  • Options
    <<I asked if I ordered a second set, and used my credit card, but had it shipped to my neighbor in his name and address, if that was allowable. They were not able to answer. It's apparently one of the questions Apmex is asking the mint. >>

So...just to be clear...APMEX isn't accepting any new orders at the moment...correct?
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just received this email from APMAX

We are pleased to inform you that your order #xxxxxx from APMEX has been shipped via UPS (United Parcel Service). The tracking number for this package is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    1pm: order double checked
    3pm: order wrapped
    430p: Order Date: 12/4/2010 Order Status: Order Shipped

• Options
    Mine shipped too. 2nd day air. I should get them on Friday then off to PCGS they go.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    Shipped!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<I asked if I ordered a second set, and used my credit card, but had it shipped to my neighbor in his name and address, if that was allowable. They were not able to answer. It's apparently one of the questions Apmex is asking the mint. >>

So...just to be clear...APMEX isn't accepting any new orders at the moment...correct? >>

Website still has them listed as "Alert me Status."

I suspect that they are awaiting the unanswered questions posed to the Mint before they start selling again.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    Apmex was not accepting orders. My set shipped today as well.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i><<I asked if I ordered a second set, and used my credit card, but had it shipped to my neighbor in his name and address, if that was allowable. They were not able to answer. It's apparently one of the questions Apmex is asking the mint. >>

So...just to be clear...APMEX isn't accepting any new orders at the moment...correct? >>

Website still has them listed as "Alert me Status." >>

I bet once these all go out today and tomorrow they will put the rest up for sale....but with the holiday I vote for Monday
  • Options
    +3 We are pleased to inform you that your order from APMEX has been shipped via UPS (United Parcel Service).

• Options
    I guess the First Strike 30 day deadline started yesterday?image
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess the First Strike 30 day deadline started yesterday?image >>

First strike in this case is meaningless because ALL ATB coins were released within 30 days - no proof should be necessary for PCGS to grant FS on these. How silly.
  • Options

<< <i>I guess the First Strike 30 day deadline started yesterday?image >>

I wonder if they'll extend the 30 day deadline for these like NGC has.
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file