Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Got mine, after 45 minutes. Already backordered though.
  • Options

<< <i>Ordered.

Officially done with the pucks >>

But that was only the first "P" puck from 2010... 4 more to go... this year!!!!!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no luck, many, many tries....

Got my F. Trade set while trying. All bright mirrors, NONE worth sending for grading. Of my last four sets from different APs only one or two worth grading. I've had no luck w/these for some time. Where are all the DPMLs coming from????
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>Still no luck, many, many tries....

Got my F. Trade set while trying. All bright mirrors, NONE worth sending for grading. Of my last four sets from different APs only one or two worth grading. I've had no luck w/these for some time. Where are all the DPMLs coming from???? >>

This is how my FTrades were...bright mirrors but several rim dents. Probably a packaging issue. Real bummer.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>Still no luck, many, many tries....

Got my F. Trade set while trying. All bright mirrors, NONE worth sending for grading. Of my last four sets from different APs only one or two worth grading. I've had no luck w/these for some time. Where are all the DPMLs coming from???? >>

My guess is that the DPML's all came from the cherry picked sets from AP##X, G##D Cen##r, and Dill##G##e... but I guess some did not cherry pick....? Just speculation of course...

• Options
    Tiggs2012Tiggs2012 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Got mine, after 45 minutes. Already backordered though. >>

I'm sure all orders are backordered. I was able to add to cart one minute after they went on sale and it showed 'backordered' status so I don't think anyone saw it differently.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the mint site is officially crashed.

"An internal server error has occurred. If you would like to place an order you can always call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). Sorry for the inconvenience."
  • Options
    cant get anything to work puck me
  • Options

<< <i>Well, the mint site is officially crashed.

"An internal server error has occurred. If you would like to place an order you can always call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). Sorry for the inconvenience." >>

Press 1 to hear busy signal....
  • Options
    Now tech difficulties phone orders only good luck I cant get through
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Well, the mint site is officially crashed.

"An internal server error has occurred. If you would like to place an order you can always call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). Sorry for the inconvenience." >>

Press 1 to hear busy signal.... >>

I did this for 10 minutes and got through at 1:15, so one puck ordered. The woman I spoke with stated 2 to 4 weeks for delivery.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Me either. I give up. Will stick with the bullion version with Amark Already order my first 2 coins.

The mint is not worth the trouble, this will go on for all 5 coins. Not for me.
  • Options
    this is worse than the worse ap
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't give up on the phone.

I got through after about 5 minutes of hitting the redial.
  • Options
    Coins and things set just arrived... best set Ive gotten! All deep mirrors.. no scratches.. and still shipped 6 dollars in Barber halves! Happy day! and I got thru on the phone to the mint
  • Options
    welcome to the us busy signal
  • Options
    Im close to 100 I had punched add to cart when it all crashed, this pucks.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    You might want to post on the order thread for the 2010s Mint versions. Lot of posts there with order numbers. Up to 12K ordered maybe so far.
  • Options
    7k left
  • Options

US MINT Web Site is up and running again. I just placed my order a few seconds ago.

• Options
    sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    Finally got in at about noon MT with # 37355xxx. Still available and smooth.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my DG set today.

The shipping box is tiny by APMEX and A-Mark standards. 8 by 5 inches.

She feels good. She feels like 25 solid and pure ounces of bargain silver.

Like a meaninful brick of real commodity.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Got my DG set today.

Miles >>

Congrats you gonna open that puppy up? Suppose to get my CNT set tomorrow and look forward to seeing what I get for the extra 6 bucks.................Enjoyimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Miles >>

Congrats you gonna open that puppy up? Suppose to get my CNT set tomorrow and look forward to seeing what I get for the extra 6 bucks.................Enjoyimage >>

Nope. I have my graded set from JH and that gives me a warm and happy feeling, enough.

I await the CNT bonanza so do let me know your thoughts Tommy!

Some day, far far away, someone will be selling all sealed boxes from all AP's in a Super-Sealed Super-2010 ATB Set.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Coins and things set just arrived... best set Ive gotten! All deep mirrors.. no scratches.. and still shipped 6 dollars in Barber halves! Happy day! and I got thru on the phone to the mint >>

At Post office

WooHoo

joe
  • Options

I think everybody got barber halfs didn't they.
  • Options

<< <i>I think everybody got barber halfs didn't they. >>

yea, but someone was wondering if we would get less silver since this latest run up..
  • Options
    A deal is a deal.
  • Options
    ResRes Posts: 1,086

<< <i>A deal is a deal. >>

Was the deal for a certain face amount or a certain value of silver. If they stated $100 worth of silver and didn't specify a date, they could try and use the ship date instead of the order date.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>A deal is a deal. >>

Was the deal for a certain face amount or a certain value of silver. If they stated $100 worth of silver and didn't specify a date, they could try and use the ship date instead of the order date. >>

It was for $6.00 face value.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Yes, Received $6 face in barber halves.

Joe
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Coins and things set just arrived... best set Ive gotten! All deep mirrors.. no scratches.. and still shipped 6 dollars in Barber halves! Happy day! and I got thru on the phone to the mint >>

Congrats,Thats good news look forward to the barber halves too. Miles I left my fidelitrade set unopened for 2 weeks. And finally broke down and open now I have 2 killer sets prudential was the other and there all mirrored. Not in any hurry to send in any of these yet and just going to watch and see where they go. My only worry now is ampex saying B U Or BETTER, sure hope its not another jack hunt deal. Will see in a week or two when they start sending them out.... image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    I got a call from CNT today. I was in the second round of callers. Mine will arrive tomorrow according to tracking. Was there $6 of face 90% or less now?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Miles >>

Congrats you gonna open that puppy up? Suppose to get my CNT set tomorrow and look forward to seeing what I get for the extra 6 bucks.................Enjoyimage >>

Nope. I have my graded set from JH and that gives me a warm and happy feeling, enough.

I await the CNT bonanza so do let me know your thoughts Tommy!

Some day, far far away, someone will be selling all sealed boxes from all AP's in a Super-Sealed Super-2010 ATB Set.

Miles >>

Miles, what sealeds are you sitting on? I have 2 DGs, an Amark, 2 good FTs and a JH raws (weigh it). You seem to be one of the few that actually know what you are doing when it comes to the ATBs.
  • Options
    SNMANSNMAN Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    wrong thread
    Positive Transactions with: justindan; Drunner; Segoja, Dragon, fivecents, Connecticoin, WTCG, gsa1fan, abitofthisabitofthat; commoncents05;Broadstruck; and ......more
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You seem to be one of the few that actually know what you are doing when it comes to the ATBs. >>

Wow, what brought that on? I think there are quite a few here who know a WHOLE LOT about what's going on.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>You seem to be one of the few that actually know what you are doing when it comes to the ATBs. >>

Wow, what brought that on? I think there are quite a few here who know a WHOLE LOT about what's going on. >>

Some type of puck envy or something (Lol).
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    It's funny, I don't see any presales on Feebay for the 2011 5oz rounds...yet.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    erase, sorry

• Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Just got email tonight, my CNT shipped yesterday via registered...They cashed my check on April 12...image
  • Options

<< <i>It's funny, I don't see any presales on Feebay for the 2011 5oz rounds...yet.

there are 26 already sold from $445 to $699 and a bunch offered for bid or but it now. Search for "5 oz P" or "Hot Springs 5 oz P"[/q

I think he meant the 2011's since he wrote 2011. lol. I'm assuming he means the gettysburg and glacier rounds.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he meant the 2011's since he wrote 2011. lol. I'm assuming he means the gettysburg and glacier rounds.

D'oh, my bad. Dyslexia strikes

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who's buying the 2011's? I'm not planning to. I'm very interested to get an idea of whether folks are just getting the 2010s thinking that they'll be the keys or buying the whole set.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    Thanks to all the tips and info provided I was able to get a couple of sets. Thanks alot!!
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    the mintages of the 2011s are much higher so I will hold off on buying since they are basically bullion. The 2010 I want because they are the first of the series and they have lower mintages.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Who's buying the 2011's? I'm not planning to. I'm very interested to get an idea of whether folks are just getting the 2010s thinking that they'll be the keys or buying the whole set. >>

I just ordered the first 2 for 2011.....much better design than the 2010's.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>

<< <i>Who's buying the 2011's? I'm not planning to. I'm very interested to get an idea of whether folks are just getting the 2010s thinking that they'll be the keys or buying the whole set. >>

I just ordered the first 2 for 2011.....much better design than the 2010's. >>

I agree, some good designs in there. Not sure how I want them yet (ie, bullion or unc) but I want a set. With silver on its continuous rise, it's awful tempting to jump in on those now.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I just ordered the first 2 for 2011.....much better design than the 2010's. >>

I totally agree and that is the main reason I bought the 2 new 2011s....that mountain goat with the mountains in the background is gorgeous and of course Gettysburg is a hit with us history buffs.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

If I lived anywhere else but Kalifornia I'd have bought the 2 offered by A-Mark, but I just can't bring myself to pay that 10% sales tax premium. If APMEX wasn't such a %#@*&amp;! I'd have ordered from them. Guess I'll have to wait & see what MTB or FiTrade is doing.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Gainesville Coins is selling the 2011 bullpucks for $270 raw. I'm hoping FTrade and MTB will have comparable prices.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file