Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options

<< <i>These are supposed to be available to end consumers at just a little over spot, not a LOT over spot. Is the Mint going to have to step in again and restore order? image >>

No restrictions on these....market will determine the final price but it might take a while...
  • Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If A-mark is making an accurate market on the 2011s at $315, then any PCGS/NGC slabbed 2010 should immediately go to $350+

The puck saga continues as does this monster thread.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok to get my mind off those old pucks, decided to have a giveaway for the closet guess to the date and time of the sellout of the p version hot springs on april 28 12 noon eastern. Please make all your guess on eastern time : } The prize is 2010-W $1 Eagle US PR69DC First strike woohoooooo Contest guesses will be accpeted Up till the start of the sale......good luck everyone guess the sell out time and date p version CLICK HEREimage >>

One more day for guesses. I bit the bullet with amark and figure I can take ampex bu set add the two new ones and be the first to offer all 7 on ebay. Going to turn total flipper on the bullion version....There are no more rules for the Ap"s..............Enjoyimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    According to my calculations the price is more or less fair to the average person.

Based on current silver spot around $48

- the the metal value is $480.
    - 10% allowed markup $48
    - 2 PCGS grading fees 2*$30 = $60
    - 2 First Strike fees 2*$18 = $36
    ------------------------------------------
    Total $624
  • Options

<< <i>Another couple of considerations for buying the Amark set.

1. Who knows when the other AP's will put their sets on sale. Silver could be $5 higher by then, which translates to a $125 increase in price.
    2. I don't think Amark cherrypicked the 2010's or will the 2011's.
    3. Payment via Paypal (credit card)

Curious why Amark is limiting to 1 set per house again... or at least the order form only lets you get one. >>

If you go back to the buyatb home page and click on the 2 coin set it will update your shopping cart to 2. I like that they'll encapsulate again, and I want to give A-Mark my business going forward since IMHO they handled the 2010's the best, but I'm going to see where the other AP's start before buying at that price. With 125,000+ minted, bullion is bullion.
  • Options

<< <i> If you go back to the buyatb home page and click on the 2 coin set it will update your shopping cart to 2. I like that they'll encapsulate again, and I want to give A-Mark my business going forward since IMHO they handled the 2010's the best, but I'm going to see where the other AP's start before buying at that price. With 125,000+ minted, bullion is bullion. >>

CORRECT.....with the 2011's....bullion is bullion...
  • Options
    How long will the high prices for ATB 2011 coins being charged by AP's start to push up the 2010's?
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my grades from CNT and Ftrade order #2. Got my first 69DM. Out of 5 sets I still can't complete a DM set, I could really use a 68DM Yellowstone.

• Options
    jp297jp297 Posts: 31 ✭✭
    congrats to all the nice grades posted here, wow

RE: New PCGS pricing. Was considering joining to submit some ATBs and wondering about the value of higher memberships with included grading. It looks like they reduce the Regular service from $30 to $18.75-$20.
    (( $129Gold-$49Silv)/4vouch=$20; ($199Plat-$49Silv)/8vouch=$18.75).

So if speed is not an issue, am I reading it right as:

$14 modern service + $20 oversized holder + ($18 first strike) + return S&H and I
    vs
    $18.75or $20 regular (voucher) + $20 oversized holder + ($18 first strike) + return S&H and I

Thanks.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Got my grades from CNT and Ftrade order #2. Got my first 69DM. Out of 5 sets I still can't complete a DM set, I could really use a 68DM Yellowstone.

image >>

When were they rec'd and what service level did you submit under??? Thanksimage
  • Options

<< Got my grades from CNT and Ftrade order #2. Got my first 69DM. Out of 5 sets I still can't complete a DM set, I could really use a 68DM Yellowstone.

If I read it correctly, You did get an MS69 PL set on a ten coin submission, that's awesome!!! Congratulations.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I am all puckered out. Now to decide which one I want to collect the bullion or the mint version. Can't collect both but the bullion with the DMs are really appealing. The amark 20ll's offering is inline with the mint versions pricing. I don't think they are overpriced in relation to the mint prices.
  • Options
    seahawkfanseahawkfan Posts: 104 ✭✭
    I puckered up and bought a set from A-Mark.
  • Options

<< <i>When were they rec'd and what service level did you submit under??? Thanksimage >>

Submitted as regular. received by PCGS on 4-8.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Edit: Cause I'm gonna take a nap... image Back tomorrow around noon...
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>When were they rec'd and what service level did you submit under??? Thanksimage >>

Submitted as regular. received by PCGS on 4-8. >>

MINE RECEIVED ON 4/4

Joe
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><< Got my grades from CNT and Ftrade order #2. Got my first 69DM. Out of 5 sets I still can't complete a DM set, I could really use a 68DM Yellowstone. >>

That is awesome! A full 69 PL set out of a two set submission! I'll take that any day!

I should have a 68 DMPL for you someday soon - whenever they get to my last submission (4/16). I had two gorgeous Yellowstones - one that I pegged at 69 DMPL the other at 68-69 DMPL or PL (it was borderline on one side). I hope I'm not just being optimistic...
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Took the Amark plunge for the 2011 two coin set. I figure / hope it's a deal by the time the POS crosses and holds $50 - 55.

Then again, maybe the POS won't. It's a gamble.

The only bugaboo is that up to 60 day delivery time? AAAAAcccckkkk!!!!! image

• Options
    I also bought a set from A-Mark. They were one of the most honest, and I'm sure it will not be cherrypicked. I really do not think the price was that bad since it will come slabbed BU FS from PCGS.

• Options
    APMEX just emailed out their offer for the 2011 pucks. They will only be sold as 2 coin sets with quantity discounts ranging from $6 to $9 per ounce over spot each. Small amounts will be packaged in capsules, amounts over 10 will be in mint tubes.
  • Options

<< <i>Took the Amark plunge for the 2011 two coin set. I figure / hope it's a deal by the time the POS crosses and holds $50 - 55.

Then again, maybe the POS won't. It's a gamble.

The only bugaboo is that up to 60 day delivery time? AAAAAcccckkkk!!!!! image >>

Yikes.

I'm interested in these raw, although I'd like to support Amark.

What is APMEX charging for the two coin set? I haven't gotten the email.

Any word from Fidelitrade?
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭
    APMEX Email:

You Have A 24 Hour Head Start To Purchase The 2011 Gettysburg & Glacier Silver Two Coin America The Beautiful Set!

Because you have previously purchased or signed up for an "Alert Me" notification about the America The Beautiful coins, we have selected you to participate in a special promotion. For 24 hours we are giving you the first opportunity to purchase the NEW 2011 Gettysburg & Glacier Silver Two Coin America The Beautiful Sets before we offer them to the public. We are offering these coins to you for as low as $5.99 per oz. over spot!

$574 Check
    $591 CC
    Set of 2 + $19.95 SH

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    APMEX pricing, per set, check or wire (add 3% for CC orders):

1-4 sets = $572.90
    5-9 sets = $562.90
    10-49 sets = $552.90
    50 or more = $542.90
  • Options

<< <i>congrats to all the nice grades posted here, wow

RE: New PCGS pricing. Was considering joining to submit some ATBs and wondering about the value of higher memberships with included grading. It looks like they reduce the Regular service from $30 to $18.75-$20.
    (( $129Gold-$49Silv)/4vouch=$20; ($199Plat-$49Silv)/8vouch=$18.75).

So if speed is not an issue, am I reading it right as:

$14 modern service + $20 oversized holder + ($18 first strike) + return S&H and I
    vs
    $18.75or $20 regular (voucher) + $20 oversized holder + ($18 first strike) + return S&H and I

Thanks. >>

I don't really think the vouchers are worth it anymore if you're submitting the 5 oz ATB after the new rules, unless you were going to submit under the regular service anyway for the faster turnaround time. They remain a good deal for regular size coins though.
  • Options

<< <i>APMEX Email:

You Have A 24 Hour Head Start To Purchase The 2011 Gettysburg & Glacier Silver Two Coin America The Beautiful Set!

Because you have previously purchased or signed up for an "Alert Me" notification about the America The Beautiful coins, we have selected you to participate in a special promotion. For 24 hours we are giving you the first opportunity to purchase the NEW 2011 Gettysburg & Glacier Silver Two Coin America The Beautiful Sets before we offer them to the public. We are offering these coins to you for as low as $5.99 per oz. over spot!

$574 Check
    $591 CC
    Set of 2 + $19.95 SH >>

Now that's tempting. Hmmm...anyone get this email that bought from APMEX in December?
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>APMEX Email:

$574 Check
    $591 CC
    Set of 2 + $19.95 SH >>

Now that's tempting. Hmmm...anyone get this email that bought from APMEX in December? >>

You don't need an email. Logon. Search ATB. The prices are there.
  • Options

<< <i>

Submitted as regular. received by PCGS on 4-8. >>

Mine was received by PCGS on 3/29. On my inquiry, I received this email...

===================================
    RE: Grading Delay Express Service
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:01 AM
    "Peter Smith" <PSmith@collectors.com>
    Add sender to Contacts
    To:

Hello,

Submission# xxxxxxx was completed yesterday

Submission# xxxxxxx is currently on the 20th business day. The regular service is currently running 20 business days and the first strike service adds an additional 3-5 business days. This order should be completed in 3-5 business days.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thanks,

Peter Smith

Customer Service Lead
    Collectors Universe, Inc.
    psmith@collectors.com
    PCGS: 1-800-447-8848
    ============================

My Questions;

Do they send the pucks to United State Mint in Philadelphia for First Strike Label ?

Is PCGS supposed to be a little bit reliable in its business practices?

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm.....

These primary distributors are able to purchase the coins based on the market value of the silver content plus a mark up of $9.75 per coin. The market value of the silver is set based on the London Fix price on the first business day following the day of the order.

So coins were ordered on April 25th. London Fix on April 26th was $45.77.

45.77 x 5 = $228.85 + $9.95 = 238.80 each (x2) = $477.60 Wholesale cost

APs are tacking on profits of over %20 per coin (even if you adjust for $47 spot!)

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    It does seem to make a difference if you submit raw vs. regrade. My submissions were raw. Regrades seem to take longer.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Hmmmm.....

These primary distributors are able to purchase the coins based on the market value of the silver content plus a mark up of $9.75 per coin. The market value of the silver is set based on the London Fix price on the first business day following the day of the order.

APs are tacking on profits of over %20 per coin (even if you adjust for $47 spot!) >>

I saw that as well, but I think what they're saying is that's the AP's buy price from the mint spot +9.75, not a cap on their flips...Back to sleep...
  • Options

<< <i>It does seem to make a difference if you submit raw vs. regrade. My submissions were raw. Regrades seem to take longer. >>

1. My Submission was also Raw.

2. Why a First Strike Label will take 3-5 extra days

This is ok sometimes things slip through cracks and an apology can take care of such issues....But their response is only whacky so far...
  • Options
    badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>APMEX Email:

$574 Check
    $591 CC
    Set of 2 + $19.95 SH >>

Now that's tempting. Hmmm...anyone get this email that bought from APMEX in December? >>

Yes. Just popped up.
  • Options
    badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hmmmm.....

APs are tacking on profits of over %20 per coin (even if you adjust for $47 spot!) >>

A 2011 ASE is going for $55.37. Times 5 = $276.85 and they're planning on making around 50,000,000 of them. $55.37 - $47 (spot) divided by $47 = 17.8%. If $45.77 is used then it's 20.9% per Eagle.

Seems as though the 2011 ATBs are in the ball park.
  • Options
    Batch #2 of the CnT orders have begun shipping. I just got an email that my order shipped yesterday by Registered Mail...
  • Options

<< <i>Batch #2 of the CnT orders have begun shipping. I just got an email that my order shipped yesterday by Registered Mail... >>

Yup...posted it yesterday (only about 50-60 posts back image )
  • Options
    Everyone must be waiting on the mint to open this is a very slow day.
  • Options
    Todays schedule
    1) call in sick .. check
    2) crash mint website..... processing...processing....prosessing....
    3) sign for CNT ATB delivery.... Please Mr Postman look and see....if theres an ATB pkg for me.....
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I think I will purchase the Amark Set today. About $47 more per coin that the U.S. Mint Version. Silver up $2.50 alone from yesterday. So far I have no PCGS grades for the 2010s except 3 sets of the BU PCGS FS slabs. So really have no top set yet figured out. Might just keep these long term in the PCGS BU slabs and wait 10 years to see how these do and then regrade them.

Amark $650/2=$325. Silver Spot at $50x5x2+$20(premium from the mint)=$520.00 In line with the grading fees from PCGS per coin($40 per coin-my costs. Their' s would be lower because of bulk grading). My guess is they won't cherrypick unless I see them selling some PCGS 69 DPMLs or if they do it will behind the scenes not on their web site.

I will post results of how these look.

Order number 4xxx. Seems not many are ordering. Only about 200 more from the last posted order number.

Someone should start the 2011's Pucks Bullion Version Thread.
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Todays schedule
    1) call in sick .. check

Would the official diagnosis be "silver fever"?

I hope item number 4 on the list is not...get fired for playing hooky.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options

<< <i>I hope item number 4 on the list is not...get fired for playing hooky. >>

No, #4 is... Put on the adult diapers so that I don't have to leave the computer, no matter what!

You know, like that psycho astronaut chick that drove non-stop from Texas to Florida. image
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I hope item number 4 on the list is not...get fired for playing hooky. >>

No, #4 is... Put on the adult diapers so that I don't have to leave the computer, no matter what!

You know, like that psycho astronaut chick that drove non-stop from Texas to Florida. image >>

Maybe she was trying to order a coin from the Mint while driving.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    Tiggs2012Tiggs2012 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    T-1minute!!!

surprised this thread so quiet, then again...
  • Options
    Reloading...........
  • Options
    5 Minutes and still no reload...... looks like a big fat crash to me.... way to go US Mint. "Winning"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Order placed, email receipt received in inbox. Took a while, reloaded a few times, slow progress each step through checkout. Now await 2 weeks for available for shipping and transit time...maybe 5/21 I will receive it.

• Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Order placed on my iPod touch...at work...eating lunch! Took a total of 18 minutes. Order number 37342XXX
  • Options
    Tiggs2012Tiggs2012 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Order placed as well, took 20minutes with the website timeouts.

Order #37343XXX
  • Options
    Looks like I got a P mint mark. Really Happy!!!
    Took a long time though.
  • Options
    finally... trying on two computers and my cell phone... took 28 minutes for about 5 clicks?
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Ordered.

Officially done with the pucks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file