Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    13,500 posts!
  • Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's My APMEX notice:

We are pleased to inform you that your Credit Card payment of $1,008.70 for order #462*** has been processed. We expect to ship your order within 1-3 business days of this e-mail. Your estimated shipdate is Apr 21 2011 If your order has items that were Pre-Sold, your order will be shipped in full once those items arrive. A final e-mail notification will be sent once your order is shipped.

I haven't received my ship notice yet.
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Seems the Mint forgot the last rule.

'Send coins to customers.'

AP's take orders, create lists and accept money just fine. It's that last part the AP's have difficulty with, actually sending the coins. They just can't let them go.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's My APMEX notice:

We are pleased to inform you that your Credit Card payment of $1,008.70 for order #462*** has been processed. We expect to ship your order within 1-3 business days of this e-mail. Your estimated shipdate is Apr 21 2011 If your order has items that were Pre-Sold, your order will be shipped in full once those items arrive. A final e-mail notification will be sent once your order is shipped.

I haven't received my ship notice yet. >>

Mine is identical except that my estimated ship date was 4-20-11. Guess what, that label has been printed and waiting to ship for a week.

I wonder if they are waiting for some of those new $1250 ATB purchases of thiers to arrive before sending out our shipments. This way they have a two way trail for fufilling thier USMINT obligations and the MS69DMPL coins will mysteriously be left behind at thier Vault A, B or C. In the mean time our orders will be filled with all the recent banged up bullion they are buying.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Seems the Mint forgot the last rule.

AP's take orders, create lists and accept money just fine. It's that last part the AP's have difficulty with, actually sending the coins. They just can't let them go. >>

The apmex issue has been discussed a few times over the last few days, in this thread.
    It is a known thing and isn't a big issue.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Is it really that difficult to coordinate the shipping schedule with actual time frames? I don't think the apmex sets are going to ship until approx May 13th...But why then suggest otherwise with boilerplate emails and order status expected ship dates which are outta wack...etc...
  • Options
    agentjim007,

That is the beauty of being a retailer!!! Distributors are Wholesalers...
  • Options

<< <i>Dear ModernCoinMart/ JMRC Customer,

The United States Mint is offering a product for $279.95 with a limit of one per person, per household on Thursday April 28th at noon at their website. Here is the link that describes the product:

We are in need of several hundred of these, and as we have done in the past are willing to pay a premium for you and your friends and family to buy them for us. We will pay $330 each for the first 400 commitments we receive. We will also add another $25 for USPS express mail shipping and insurance so that you can overnight the coin to us when it arrives. If you are interested in this opportunity, please respond to britta@moderncoinmart.com and she will then email you step by step instructions.

Throughout the year opportunities like this present themselves and sometimes you can make a quick and easy profit. We've been doing this now for years with no problems; it is straightforward and backed by our longstanding reputation. We remember those that help us on the smaller purchases like this when the larger and more profitable opportunities come along.

Best Regards,

John Maben
    CEO, JMRC/ ModernCoinMart

. >>

I am okay with MCM doing this but I have a question...why doesn't the e-mail state the actual product? The product is obvious but is not directly mentioned, or was it maybe stated in the subject line of the e-mails?
  • Options

<< <i>

AP's take orders, create lists and accept money just fine. It's that last part the AP's have difficulty with, actually sending the coins. They just can't let them go. >>

The apmex issue has been discussed a few times over the last few days, in this thread.
    It is a known thing and isn't a big issue. >>

I saw a little discussion about when Apmex said they are buying sets, but I figured that didn't affect the coins I was getting because mine are shipping on the 26th.

Guess I was blind, but now I see.

And it IS a BIG issue.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

true.

auto generated e-mail.

they said "may 13th" so I'd suggest being patient until then. If they do ship earlier than that, then consider it a gift.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I saw a little discussion about when Apmex said they are buying sets, but I figured that didn't affect the coins I was getting because mine are shipping on the 26th.

And it IS a BIG issue. >>

The May 13th part overrides anything in their automated system.

Just be patient.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

And it IS a BIG issue. >>

No, it actually is NOT a big issue. You are seeing it as one, but if you go back and read what was already written about this, you may understand and know it isn't a big issue.
    Unless you are trying to time a flip (I have no idea if that is the case), then I don't see how it is an issue at all.

As MsMorrisine states, the shipping notice is auto-generated but they were very upfront from the start and stated mid-May for shipping (May 13th). If you have concerns, then why not do what I did? I emailed them then decided it would be easier/quicker just to call. I did that and had a pleasant conversation that explained things. Within the next day or so, I also had the same answer, worded slightly differently, in email.

They don't read the boards/thread, and I have always found it is easiest to talk to the source rather than get all upset on a message board image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    I just got a call from PB that my account has been approved (sent check 4/14)...same as everyone else...check clears in a couple of weeks..letter from the shipping company will follow....order # in the low 2200's

• Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just got a call from PB that my account has been approved (sent check 4/14)...same as everyone else...check clears in a couple of weeks..letter from the shipping company will follow....order # in the low 2200's >>

Great, sent mine the same day, hopefully will get a call!
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just got a call from PB that my account has been approved (sent check 4/14)...same as everyone else...check clears in a couple of weeks..letter from the shipping company will follow....order # in the low 2200's >>

I got the same call today.

Shipping to be $65 and I will be contacted by the shipper in 2 weeks.

The coins are being held in sealed boxes presently.

No hi-jinks there I am thinking.
  • Options
    Well I guesss I am still a week out from hearing from PB as I sent in on 4/21 although I did overnight it.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From ATS:

""Miles Franklin sent an email to past customers. I guess it's an email presale.
    You can try calling them at 877-375-1365.
    10 coin minimum (5 of each or 10 of 1)
    Price locked in at spot +$6.79. They have 200 of each and expect to ship after my check clears.

Only two coins available. The mint is not distributing the 5 coin set like they did 2010""

This is for the non-numismatic version, Glacier and Gettysburg. Shipped 10 per roll, your choice of mix, no max.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    I think I'm going to order the 2011 bullpucks from Fidelitrade since they plan to sell them in air-tite holders.

http://news.coinupdate.com/america-the-beautiful-silver-bullion-coins-distribution-0786/
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just received my Jack Hunt set:

All Slabbed PCGS First Strike:

Hot Springs MS68DMPL
    Mount Hood GEM BU
    Grand Canyon MS68
    Yellowstone MS68DMPL
    Yosemite MS68PL

Edited: Yellowstone not 69DMPL. Sorry... and the crowd DOES NOT go wild. Very happy with the set just the same.
  • Options

<< <i>Just received my Jack Hunt set:

Hot Springs MS68DMPL
    Mount Hood GEM BU
    Grand Canyon MS68
    Yellowstone MS68DMPL
    Yosemite MS68PL >>

Edit for the fat finger...
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

Hot Springs MS68DMPL
    Mount Hood GEM BU
    Grand Canyon MS68
    Yellowstone MS69DMPL
    Yosemite MS68PL >>

Am I reading that right? Yellowstone 69DMPL?! You got lucky! That's the first 69DMPL I've seen posted from the JH slabs.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

Hot Springs MS68DMPL
    Mount Hood GEM BU
    Grand Canyon MS68
    Yellowstone MS69DMPL
    Yosemite MS68PL >>

YELLOWSTONE MSDMPL??????? Freakin' score!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Nothing to see hereimage
  • Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry about the fat finger.. it was is a 68DMPL.
  • Options
    Look back at the JH reports posted on here and you will see a bunch of 68dmpls.image but none higher.
  • Options

<< <i>Look back at the JH reports posted on here and you will see a bunch of 68dmpls.image but none higher. >>

I would MUCH rather get a few MS68DMPL's than the crap I got in my raw JH set....

My latest FT and DG blew that JH set away.....
  • Options
    It`s looking like 1 AP DID NOT get any 69DMPL`s in there allotment what are the odds in that ????
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm fresh Email just received:

You have received this e-mail because you purchased the US Mint 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Coin set from A-Mark Direct.

Be one of the first buy the 2011 issues featuring Gettysburg National Military Park and Glacier National Park for only $629.99*. This price includes both coins encapsulated and certified by “PCGS” or “NGC”.

But act fast this offer expires at midnight Thursday April 28, 2011 (Pacific Standard Time). US Mint restrictions have been lifted, so buyers are no longer limited to one per household, but act fast as quantities are limited.

$629.99 + $19.99 !!!

You got to be kidding me!!

• Options
    Just got this e-mail from A-Mark...

"ACT FAST!

A Special limited time offer exclusively for our America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver coin purchasers:

You have received this e-mail because you purchased the US Mint 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Coin set from A-Mark Direct.

Be one of the first buy the 2011 issues featuring Gettysburg National Military Park and Glacier National Park for only $629.99*. This price includes both coins encapsulated and certified by “PCGS” or “NGC”.

But act fast this offer expires at midnight Thursday April 28, 2011 (Pacific Standard Time). US Mint restrictions have been lifted, so buyers are no longer limited to one per household, but act fast as quantities are limited"

* = $20 will be added for shipping.

Not sure why I have to "act fast", or what exactly is supposed to happen at midnight tomorrow?

A little too pricey for me - I'm afraid I'll have to pass.
  • Options
    Just got that email too. That price is the equivalent of $63/oz!
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    19 hours and 38 minutes to go.

See you all then!!

Joe
  • Options
    ResRes Posts: 1,086

<< <i>Just got this e-mail from A-Mark...

"ACT FAST!

A Special limited time offer exclusively for our America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver coin purchasers:

But act fast this offer expires at midnight Thursday April 28, 2011 (Pacific Standard Time). US Mint restrictions have been lifted, so buyers are no longer limited to one per household, but act fast as quantities are limited"

* = $20 will be added for shipping.

Not sure why I have to "act fast", or what exactly is supposed to happen at midnight tomorrow?

A little too pricey for me - I'm afraid I'll have to pass. >>

Exactly what was said when the 2010's came out. We all know what happened - 13000 posts later.
  • Options
    Looks like a mass email went out...prepackaged PCGS or NGC? Likely BU's...Good grief...image

Sure we know what happened, but the mintage is 126,500, no apparent shortage, and only so many ways to package that...
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered a set from Amark as I was impressed last time. I think the other AP's will have similar pricing. And it will be slabbed PCGS BU FS. (email said PCGS or NGC, but order page specifies PCGS). Order 38xx.
  • Options

I just broke down and opened my Jack Hunt box.

Contents:

Yosemite MS69 PL

Yellowstone MS68 DMPL

Hot Springs MS68 DMPL-

Mount Hood MS68 PL

Grand Canyon MS68

Hoped for better but overall it is still a great deal. Not one report of a 69DMPL. image
  • Options
    CNT IS SHIPPING!!

Your America The Beautiful Order has been shipped via USPS Registered Mail on April 27, 2011.

Please Allow 7 - 10 business days for delivery. Above is your tracking number.

Edited to add: Since they are about 50 miles from my residence I would expect a set by Friday.....
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got that email too. That price is the equivalent of $63/oz! >>

Plus 10.25% tax if you live in the BananaRepublic of Kalifornia!!! (I do). I'll definitely be passing on this offer. I'll likely go for a tube of each and do my own cherry picking...
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I ordered a set from Amark as I was impressed last time. I think the other AP's will have similar pricing. And it will be slabbed PCGS BU FS. (email said PCGS or NGC, but order page specifies PCGS). Order 38xx. >>

Agreed Amark did a great job. I still need to send mine in for grading.

Speaking of grading one of my Amarks, did anyone else get the what looks like an ant encapsulated? I read somewhere someone else did too but cannot find the post.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    The first 2 2011 bullion 5 ozers are showing up for sale, the price is steep, just got mine from A-Mark

2011 America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver- Set of 2
    The set consists of coins representing the following National Parks: Gettysburg National Military Park (PA), Glacier National Park (MT)

$629.99 Each set is encapsulated in holders by PCGS and is certified "First Strike Choice BU".

edited to credit Miles' posted first from ATS

(l8-)>>

• Options
    These prices should help the 2010 issue.

I mean 125,000 mintage puck going for $300.

I would think a 33,000 mintage puck goes for more.

On a side note, I'll pay $300 each if the 2011's are ms69dmpl's. image

• Options

<< <i>

Plus 10.25% tax if you live in the BananaRepublic of Kalifornia!!! (I do). I'll definitely be passing on this offer. I'll likely go for a tube of each and do my own cherry picking... >>

I live in the same Republic of Kalifornia (The Brown State.... Previously The Golden State).

It will be costly for any Kalifornian to buy from a seller in the Kalifornia because of State Taxes...

• Options

<< <i>It`s looking like 1 AP DID NOT get any 69DMPL`s in there allotment what are the odds in that ???? >>

Just bad luck I guess..................................................................................................NOT!
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Plus 10.25% tax if you live in the BananaRepublic of Kalifornia!!! (I do). I'll definitely be passing on this offer. I'll likely go for a tube of each and do my own cherry picking... >>

I live in the same Republic of Kalifornia (The Brown State.... Previously The Golden State).

It will be costly for any Kalifornian to buy from a seller in the Kalifornia because of State Taxes... >>

I don't believe we have any room for racism here in the forum. What are you implying when you say that you live in the Republic of Kalifornia (The Brown State ...Previously The Golden State) image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options

<< <i>

How many come in a tube with these and who is selling unsearched tubes?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another couple of considerations for buying the Amark set.

1. Who knows when the other AP's will put their sets on sale. Silver could be $5 higher by then, which translates to a $125 increase in price.
    2. I don't think Amark cherrypicked the 2010's or will the 2011's.
    3. Payment via Paypal (credit card)

Curious why Amark is limiting to 1 set per house again... or at least the order form only lets you get one.
  • Options
    I got a phone call yesterday from a bullion dealer. It is one of the big ones, but not one of the nine AP. He offered me one Gettysburg and one Glacier for about $588. He is sending me some information so I'll report later.

I'm not buying anything at those prices. They are all nuts!
  • Options

<< <i>Another couple of considerations for buying the Amark set.

1. Who knows when the other AP's will put their sets on sale. Silver could be $5 higher by then, which translates to a $125 increase in price.
    2. I don't think Amark cherrypicked the 2010's or will the 2011's.
    3. Payment via Paypal (credit card)

Curious why Amark is limiting to 1 set per house again... or at least the order form only lets you get one. >>

The First Strike des. is a small added bonus as well if the coins are worth regrading.

Still, that price hurts, especially when it looks like we'll be getting Hot Springs--with a much lower minatage-- at ~$56/oz.
  • Options
    These are supposed to be available to end consumers at just a little over spot, not a LOT over spot. Is the Mint going to have to step in again and restore order? image
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    I still think it will be better to get a roll of 10 .... I only want 3 but I am sure I can get someone to buy the other 7....I just don't like the idea of non coin people handling my coins...maybe they will cherrypick, maybe not...but their grubby bullion selling fingers will be all over them..

Any takers on the other 7?? I will ship free in airtite Z5's.....(PM if interested)

I will find the cheapest dealer and come up with a price

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file