Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>The cheapest service is Registered Mail trough the USPS. I just sent one set of coins and insured them for 7k, only paid 32 bucks. The only issue is that you need a to seal your box with the brown paper tape and not regular tape. >>

Many times USPS Express mail w/ insurance is only a couple of dollars more than Registered. But you need to be able to fit everything into a flat rate envelope for it to be worthwhile I believe. But I'd rather pay $3 or so more and get my stuff there in 1 day vs. the mystery amount Registered takes. I think the max insurance on Express is $5000 though. But for $2-3k or so of insurance, the cost is almost the same. >>

What is the recourse for lost ATBs with Express though? I know this is kind of like beating a dead horse....it has been discussed on these forums before. The following is from USPS:

Money (currency / cash) that is sent through the mail can be insured with the following limits:

Except for Registered Mail, the maximum indemnity for negotiable items (defined as instruments that can be converted to cash without resort to forgery), currency, or bullion, is $15.00
    For Registered Mail™ , cash can be insured up to $25,000. For amounts over $25,000, the full value must be declared but the maximum insured value is $25,000

Seems to me that there are some blurry lines between bullion and merchandise with the ATBs...... The safest option for these would be registered mail based on what I'm seeing here.

What do you guys think? >>

Send it Express and quit worrying about it anyway!! I've used Express for 10 years, never an issue..... >>

i recently used express at the request(and extra shipping fees that the buyer offered) that took 3 days and the buyer was pizzed!!! >>

You get your money back if it's not del'd on time. Hope you got your $$ back!! >>

the shipper has to initiate the refund request, but you can get reimbursed and turn around and reimburse your buyer. I have done that in the past when FedEx has blown a shipment (here to NYC.... made it to N NJ fine, but then made a nice side trip to Columbus, OH) It kinda soothes things out with the buyer.

I have not had an Express Mail shipment go wrong yet, tho. Mailed one past 6pm and it was delivered the next day in Anchorage, Alaska. No Joke.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some more info from the Hot Springs page:

"Ordering Limits: Click to Expand
    A limit of one (1) coin per household is in effect for the first week of this product’s release. At the end of this period, the United States Mint will re-evaluate this limit and either extend, adjust or remove it."

"To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, any order placed prior to the official on-sale date and time of April 28, 2011, at 12:00 Noon (ET) shall not be deemed accepted by the United States Mint and will not be honored. "

• Options

<< <i>I went to the Mint web site as a dry run for Thursday. The 2010 Hot Springs is shown with the date 4/28/2011. The date is clickable, so I did. It opens a "Remind Me" small window where you can sign up for an email reminder. The main wording in this window is: "Available on April 28, 2011 at 12:00 noon (ET)."

How many of you will be signed on and ready to buy a little before noon on Thursday? >>

most everyone who posts to the thread.

I still say that they won't sell out even in a day. So, no sense in getting stressed if you can't get through. Just keep hamm....trying.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>"To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, any order placed prior to the official on-sale date and time of April 28, 2011, at 12:00 Noon (ET) shall not be deemed accepted by the United States Mint and will not be honored. " >>

Their systems, unless they updated recently, have two different clocks.

Long story short, I had orders cancelled once when their systems were a little over a minute out of synch. They treated me like I was lying and then lied to me: saying the system would cancel the orders automatically, when it was they who were cancelling them.

I complained about the treatment and alerted the real Mint about the clock synch problem (so it wouldn't continue to happen) and got a nice reply back that the clocks were indeed out of synch.

Why they don't (or didn't) periodically auto synch with the atomic clocks or net time servers, I don't know. But I made that suggestion.

So, for the most part, the web pages with the "add to cart" button do not even appear until after noon (sometimes it can take as much as a minute past).

Therefore, the warning is not an issue.... most of the time.... barring some oddball mistake (or if you hack an "add to cart" page)
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭
    Another USPS Express fact: If it isn't del'd on time you get your money back + the insurance amount. I had an Express get there a day late 3 weeks ago. It was insured for $3,000. I got the full amount back. So free shipping and insurance if they don't get del'd on schedule. Just keep your receipt in case you need to file a claim. Express rules!!
  • Options
    Prices are holding pretty good on teletrade 69 dm /gc 1450, 69dm/yos 925,69dm /hs 650, 5 coin set pcgs bu choice 1450. This is with + 15% bp with an hour to go.
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me the first day JH coins went on sale, thats when I ordered mine and tracking still shows only "initiated". Just wondering if its time for a nasty e-mail or if I should chillimage------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options

<< <i>Can someone tell me the first day JH coins went on sale, thats when I ordered mine and tracking still shows only "initiated". Just wondering if its time for a nasty e-mail or if I should chillimage------BigE >>

BigE, did you send your order with delivery conf or similar?
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Can someone tell me the first day JH coins went on sale, thats when I ordered mine and tracking still shows only "initiated". Just wondering if its time for a nasty e-mail or if I should chillimage------BigE >>

Was it April 4? Regardless, send an email, they were very fast in getting back to me. Also, all my JH's from day 1 have been delivered...
  • Options

I would try and get a refund at this point they should have gotten there by now. No 69 DMPL`s from them yet. Although you can make some profit from resale just no cherries.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>"To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, any order placed prior to the official on-sale date and time of April 28, 2011, at 12:00 Noon (ET) shall not be deemed accepted by the United States Mint and will not be honored. " >>

Their systems, unless they updated recently, have two different clocks.

Long story short, I had orders cancelled once when their systems were a little over a minute out of synch. They treated me like I was lying and then lied to me: saying the system would cancel the orders automatically, when it was they who were cancelling them.

I complained about the treatment and alerted the real Mint about the clock synch problem (so it wouldn't continue to happen) and got a nice reply back that the clocks were indeed out of synch.

Why they don't (or didn't) periodically auto synch with the atomic clocks or net time servers, I don't know. But I made that suggestion.

So, for the most part, the web pages with the "add to cart" button do not even appear until after noon (sometimes it can take as much as a minute past).

Therefore, the warning is not an issue.... most of the time.... barring some oddball mistake (or if you hack an "add to cart" page) >>

The Mint threw the add to cart at me during the first spouse Martha/Abagail release and it was approx 5 minutes early...I didn't realize that until after I'd printed my order..I had just figured it was my computer that was off...The orders went through although I had heard some were canceled for being early...
  • Options
    Anyone have any intel on the second round of coins n things? I'm thinking this next week should receive?
  • Options
    I was looking at NGC POPS. Several thoughts. One is the low PL POP. Aren't NGC PL's going to draw the money down the road? Whats an MSERP? MSERD?

Not sure how to copy the NGC pops and paste here.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

Send 'em a nice email asking....I ordered on day 1, didn't send payment until 4/9 (their dropdead date for those of us that ordered early), and they answered me within 24 hours. Same after sending the payment.....I emailed a few days later and they replied back that they had it as well.

They are not proactive, but they are nice and quick back.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Will e-mail, thanks guys. May wait a little though, sure seems like its been way over a month but they did say 6 weeks-----------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options

<< <i>Will e-mail, thanks guys. May wait a little though, sure seems like its been way over a month but they did say 6 weeks-----------------BigE >>

Nope. Don't wait. A nice email is not a problem. They have been courteous, polite, and businesslike in my emailings with them about this. They just don't write much image (about a sentence or two is the most, but nothing more was needed).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>I was looking at NGC POPS. Several thoughts. One is the low PL POP. Aren't NGC PL's going to draw the money down the road? Whats an MSERP? MSERD?

Not sure how to copy the NGC pops and paste here. >>

NGC PL's and DM's are rare and now VERY infrequent....

MSERP/MSERD are PL/DM but they are limited to 5 letters on the POP report
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone have any intel on the second round of coins n things? I'm thinking this next week should receive? >>

Still waiting on my end, check was cashed on the 11th of April.. I do remember the guy on the phone saying something about waiting a few weeks before shipping for the check to clear. Does CNT update with shipping info?
  • Options
    Mine was cashed on the 6th...so it it right around shipping time...

Edited to add....I don't think there will be $6 in Barbers in our boxes...most likely $5 image
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Yes, they do.
  • Options
    Question on PCGS Grading Time for ATB

A) My coins were received for Grading on 3/29. No news so far.

B) I requested for Express Service on a few of my ATB coins.

The coins were received on 4/16.

Call to customer service lady did not reveal any info

Does any one know how to follow up / whom to contact for status.

Appreciate any tips.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Question on PCGS Grading Time for ATB

Appreciate any tips. >>

They will pop when they pop.

You had to mention waiting for grades to pop.
    I checked mine again,
    The third time today.
    No grades for me yet. 4/4

Joe
  • Options
    Well, a very late JHCB order look like it'll be on its way soon...I know it's either gonna be raw or slabbed...

Fedex label shows:

Service typeFedEx Home Delivery-Direct Signature Required
    Weight4.0 lbs/1.8 kg

I'm thinking slabs...image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Question on PCGS Grading Time for ATB

Appreciate any tips. >>

They will pop when they pop.

Joe >>

Several weeks ago when I requested Express service, I got grades in 2/3 days.

By Requesting Express Service, Don't we get results within 5 days anymore.....?

Thanks,
  • Options
    PCGS did away wth grading time guarantees some time ago.

now, the wait times listed are ""approximate.""

• Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    I get the feeling that they're pretty busy right now...

Sheesh, with silver prices approaching $50, those Prudentials are looking good. I think by the time I get my address issue on my DL figured out, PB might be sold out though.

Not accepting a passport copy is completely ridiculous.
  • Options

<< <i>I get the feeling that they're pretty busy right now...

Sheesh, with silver prices approaching $50, those Prudentials are looking good. I think by the time I get my address issue on my DL figured out, PB might be sold out though.

Not accepting a passport copy is completely ridiculous. >>

I would think that a passport would be one step above a driver's license

but that's just me......
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Because PCGS didn't offer Economy Service on the Pucks, everyone HAD to send in for Modern, 15 day. I suspect this has made things very busy. I'm sure many would have chosen Economy.

With the grading fee increase they are allowing Economy. I think orders will get more spread out.

• Options

<< <i>

but that's just me...... >>

I think they're not accepting them because there's no addy. Hopefully they'll change their tune so they can move these out the door faster.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anybody is handling/owning raw singles, Coin World Online is reporting that the Mint is selling an official box for singles. Come in cartons of 25 for $86.95, but it says they are only selling to AP's and coin dealers. Ask your B&M to order some for you.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

<< <i>If anybody is handling/owning raw singles, Coin World Online is reporting that the Mint is selling an official box for singles. Come in cartons of 25 for $86.95, but it says they are only selling to AP's and coin dealers. Ask your B&M to order some for you.
    TD >>

Thanks for the heads up, Cap'n. I'll definitely be looking out for these as I think I will collect them raw.
  • Options

I wish Prudential and DG would let you know where you stand with them. All you get from DG when you call is you need to wait 4 to 6 weeks and you can not even talk to prudential.
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

but that's just me...... >>

I think they're not accepting them because there's no addy. Hopefully they'll change their tune so they can move these out the door faster. >>

I haven't heard anything from Prudential, check received Apr 18 but not cashed as of today, and at least no paperwork returned. Another trip to Limbo Land!
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    I also haven't heard anything from Dillon Gage, check cashed April 4th, no reply to my email inquiry.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    DG received my wire on the 11th and prud received my check the 18th and have not cashed it yet. No word of any kind from them.

What a bunch of idiots.

I guess we all know who to deal with in the future from all the fiasco's we have witnessed.

Most of them don't want our business anyway. We are just chicken feed to them. Well they are chicken ---- to us also.
  • Options

<< <i>DG received my wire on the 18th and prud received my check the same day and have not cashed it yet. No word of any kind from them.

What a bunch of idiots.

I guess we all know who to deal with in the future from all the fiasco's we have witnessed.

Most of them don't want our business anyway. We are just chicken feed to them. Well they are chicken ---- to us also. >>

Pitboss, agreed! image
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what is taking APMEX so long. They have my order date as 4-15-11, my payment date as 4-17-11 with my estimated ship date of 4-20-11. Here it is the 25th and they have my status as Printed Waiting to Ship, just like it was last week.

As far as CNT, I do not see a way to check on my status other than they chashed my check a couple weeks ago.

DG was fast and quick for me.
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder what is taking APMEX so long. They have my order date as 4-15-11, my payment date as 4-17-11 with my estimated ship date of 4-20-11. Here it is the 25th and they have my status as Printed Waiting to Ship, just like it was last week.

As far as CNT, I do not see a way to check on my status other than they chashed my check a couple weeks ago.

DG was fast and quick for me. >>

I posted a couple of pages back....
    Apmex doesn't have them back in stock yet (ie....went out for slabbing and aren't returned yet).
    At least, that's what they told me when I asked.

So, you likely have a "Vault B" status. That's the Bullion vault. Once they come back, then that is their status as well and they start shipping.

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought APMEX was clear that shipping would begin until May 13th.

Pre Sale verbiage over rides standard order response verbiage.

R

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    I just got an email from APMEX....they are buying the sets at $1250.....ASE's at $3 over spot....

Makes me ask why they are not getting them as an AP from the Mint (ASE's that is)
  • Options

<< <i>I just got an email from APMEX....they are buying the sets at $1250.....ASE's at $3 over spot....

Makes me ask why they are not getting them as an AP from the Mint (ASE's that is) >>

Because the email states they will take any quantity and ANY YEAR for the ASEs.....can't get anything but the current year from the USmint image
    They have buyers for more than just the current year.

They certainly pay more than my local shop does though....I need to check currently, but last time local guys were paying ~$.75-$1.75 over spot for SAEs (this was just 2-3 weeks ago).

• Options
    they definitely want more than they can get to re-sell.

it is nice to know that there is someone out there willing to go $50/oz for the 5ozers.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>they definitely want more than they can get to re-sell. it is nice to know that there is someone out there willing to go $50/oz for the 5ozers. >>

Here's one for the conspiracy theorists: APMEX is buying sets on the open market so that when their huge graded batch comes back from PCGS, they can swap out all the DMPL 69s and replace them with inferior ones that they bought on the open market. They will still be fulfilling their mint directive, but the workaround allows them to cherry-pick the best out of the batch. Now we know why they delayed getting the rest out for so long...
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    What is everyone send these puck to PCGS in? flips? air-tights? what.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    inst that mighty white of ampex, they wanted to rip everyone at the 1450 price range but now they willing to purchase at 1250 lol
  • Options

<< <i>What is everyone send these puck to PCGS in? flips? air-tights? what. >>

I've got a batch going that are a mixture of air-tites and flips. I'm then going to wrap each in bubblewrap.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>they definitely want more than they can get to re-sell. it is nice to know that there is someone out there willing to go $50/oz for the 5ozers. >>

Here's one for the conspiracy theorists: APMEX is buying sets on the open market so that when their huge graded batch comes back from PCGS, they can swap out all the DMPL 69s and replace them with inferior ones that they bought on the open market. They will still be fulfilling their mint directive, but the workaround allows them to cherry-pick the best out of the batch. Now we know why they delayed getting the rest out for so long... >>

That is exactly what they are doing. Be prepared to get some garbage from them as the send you what nobody else wants. They are on the top of my do not deal with list.

I hope no one sends them any coins so they will be stuck with either canceling everyones orders or giving up their good coins.
  • Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's one for the conspiracy theorists: APMEX is buying sets on the open market so that when their huge graded batch comes back from PCGS, they can swap out all the DMPL 69s and replace them with inferior ones that they bought on the open market. They will still be fulfilling their mint directive, but the workaround allows them to cherry-pick the best out of the batch. Now we know why they delayed getting the rest out for so long... >>

Didnt APMEX sell the sets showing pictures of slabbed PCGS sets? If so, they cant send you raw crap that they
    are buying now. But yes, if nobody gets any 69s then we'll know whats going on. Its all a calculation: piss off a few folks around here that can figure this stuff out, but gain a bunch of new clients that dont know any better.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

That is exactly what they are doing. Be prepared to get some garbage from them as the send you what nobody else wants. They are on the top of my do not deal with list.

I hope no one sends them any coins so they will be stuck with either canceling everyones orders or giving up their good coins. >>

I agree. I feel like some shady crap is going on with APMEX as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file