Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    minimum service level is Regular $30
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    Bought APMEX December set (after all the dust settled $906)

Flipped for $2950.

Bought Fidelitrade $930

Broke up and sold for $1900 - prices falling at this point... late Jan.

So I use $3000 profit to buy 2 Amark sets and 1 MTB (eBay set- did not like the doc requirements direct) ...free and clear. All still sealed.

I also buy JH set, postings indicate an odd mix of graded slabs, so intent to keep set sealed gets kiboshed and
    I get 68s , GEM BUs and 1 69PL. I sell 69PL to fellow collector for his 66DMPL (same park) + $250 (I don't care about grades. I am just a bullion wh*re)
    JH set = $950 - 250 = $700

So 4 sets now (3 sealed, 1 open) for $700.

I then took advantage of DG opening back up for set #5 (still waiting on delivery) $937

Then I was left out of APMEX round 2 (Because of Dec 2010 set) , until they opened up and then had friend get me one of those for $1008

Final tally: 6 sets for approx $2645 ($440 per set) 440/150 oz Silver = $2.93 per oz.

Thank you US Mint...I mean it...really....Thank you.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>minimum service level is Regular $30 >>

Thank-You!
  • Options
    Bought 3, sold 2 (profits paid for 100% of keeper set), 1 more on the way (Apmex).

Thanks for the pics PF. Makes me think the couple I thought might be 68's could actually by 69's. Plus it also made me realize what I firmly believe is a 69DMPL is most definetely a 70DMPL image

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone get a Jack Hunt del'd today?? I have one 100 miles away currently and was wondering what to expect!! Puck madness continues......
  • Options
    Apparently Apmex is happy with my personal check as my order has updated to now be in "vault B"
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>Bought 3, sold 2 (profits paid for 100% of keeper set), 1 more on the way (Apmex).

Thanks for the pics PF. Makes me think the couple I thought might be 68's could actually by 69's. Plus it also made me realize what I firmly believe is a 69DMPL is most definetely a 70DMPL image

image >>

Nice mirror. I can see myself in it!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>Apparently Apmex is happy with my personal check as my order has updated to now be in "vault B" >>

Vault B must be the size of a football field and must be jammed because they don't seem to be shipping anything currently!
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Final tally: 6 sets for approx $2645 ($440 per set) 440/150 oz Silver = $2.93 per oz. >>

You did great! But @ $440 a set (25oz) thats $17.60 an ounce. Still can't be beat. Congratulations!

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone get a Jack Hunt del'd today?? I have one 100 miles away currently and was wondering what to expect!! Puck madness continues...... >>

I just got my Jack Hunt set. I got the following all in PCGS First Strike.
    GC Gem BU
    MH Gem BU
    YS 68DMPL
    HS 68DMPL
    YO 69PL
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got an email that says that Valley Coin now has capsules made specifically for the puck. $1.75ea.

Anyone think that these will be better than the Z5?
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Apparently Apmex is happy with my personal check as my order has updated to now be in "vault B" >>

Vault B must be the size of a football field and must be jammed because they don't seem to be shipping anything currently! >>

I actually asked them about that and got a reply.
    Vault B is their Bullion vault. Right now, the checks/payments are coming in and being "stored" but they haven't gotten the goods back yet (ie...sent for slabbing?).
    So, if you are Vault B, you are good, but they still aren't anticipating shipping for another 2-3 weeks (hopefully sooner rather than later).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Final tally: 6 sets for approx $2645 ($440 per set) 440/150 oz Silver = $2.93 per oz. >>

You did great! But @ $440 a set (25oz) thats $17.60 an ounce. Still can't be beat. Congratulations! >>

I don't mean to belittle anyones good fortune with these pucks (really I don't), but it can and has been beaten... By more than a mile. Those who received their coins earliest, graded & sold them (with a few MS69DMPLs sprinkled in) could potentially have several grand and several sets still in hand. I know of at least one person who did so.

Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

You did great! But @ $440 a set (25oz) thats $17.60 an ounce. Still can't be beat. Congratulations! >>

Yepper, well done on the $17.60 / oz! image

I was late to the puck party from the beginning and been scrambling ever since.

I just ran my numbers. I'm into six sets @ $21.07 / oz.

Bought ten, sold four. No grading on anything. At least not yet.

I'm sure others have done better, but, I'm happy!
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got an email from PCGS about changes to slabbing ATB's.

We now have a new submission form that addresses the oversized holders. There are a couple of policy changes to accompany that change.

* First, ATB coins no longer have to be submitted under the Regular service and can now be submitted under the Modern service (that’s a savings of $16). Of course you can submit the coins at a higher service level if you need a quicker turnaround or simply choose to do so.

* Second, PCGS is beginning to encapsulate Medals in the new oversized holders. We have already encapsulated certain medals in the oversized holders. We plan to replace the Photo Certificate service that we have previously used for some medals and coins with the Oversized Holder service. If you have questions about a specific coin or medal please contact PCGS Customer Service.

* Third, any submission requiring an oversized holder will require the payment of an oversized holder fee of $20 per coin. We are compelled to add this fee due to much higher material costs as well as increased labor costs associated with the handling of these larger coins.

* These new services and rates will be effective for all submissions received beginning May 1, 2011.

Here's the PCGS ATB Webpage

So they say it's a $16 savings, but an added fee of $20 per coin, so actually it's $4 more to slab a puck now... why even mention the savings?
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    ^^^Got to recover the cost for the oversized slab mold and the sonic welding head and fixture!
  • Options
    SO it will now cost you $52 per puck to get them graded 1st Strike, that's the cheapest way (Modern level).
  • Options

<< <i>^^^Got to recover the cost for the oversized slab mold and the sonic welding head and fixture! >>

@ $52 per coin it won`t take long.image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a quick pic of the strikethrough on my Yosemite big quarter... not the best pic, but oh well. I moved the object around 1/4" over from the depression. Still don't know exactly what the foreign material is, but it looks like some sort of hard plastic or rubber.

• Options

<< <i>Here's a quick pic of the strikethrough on my Yosemite big quarter... not the best pic, but oh well. I moved the object around 1/4" over from the depression. Still don't know exactly what the foreign material is, but it looks like some sort of hard plastic or rubber.

image >>

struck through mealworm. image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    I had 2 that looked like strike throughs smaller (pencil led) They got no mention from tpg. Looks like yours should. Oh yea 10 sets, 1 at graders JH raw pucks not feeling good about grades ,7 graded 6 of 7 very happy 1 was gld cntr. 2 in transit Ftrade & Ampex hopeful on these. None sold making 4 sets for grand children I`ll get the crap. Will consider sales after sets made, have 2 PCGS 69PL so far looks like I`ll have to pick up a few more to be fair, then i`ll thin the herd.
  • Options
    So I opened 1 of 2 of my JH sets and I lost the game on this one. lol.

Hot Springs - 68DMPL
    Grand Canyon - 68PL (Which doesn't look PL to me with all the die polish)
    Yellowstone - Gem Bu
    Yosemite - Gem Bu
    Mount Hood - Gem Bu

The interesting thing to me is that some of these Gem Bullion coins look to me like they should grade 68+. Makes me wonder who the hell graded these and what was going on in their mind. lol.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Here's a quick pic of the strikethrough on my Yosemite big quarter... not the best pic, but oh well. I moved the object around 1/4" over from the depression. Still don't know exactly what the foreign material is, but it looks like some sort of hard plastic or rubber.

image >>

struck through mealworm. image >>

It's a paraglider!

How are ATB submissions using vouchers affected by the new service fees?
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    Jack Hunt set #3

grand canyon gem bu
    yosemite ms69pl
    mt hood ms68dmpl
    hot spring ms68dmpl
    yellowstone ms68dmpl

best hunt set ive seen
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bought APMEX December set (after all the dust settled $906)

Flipped for $2950.

Bought Fidelitrade $930

Broke up and sold for $1900 - prices falling at this point... late Jan.

So I use $3000 profit to buy 2 Amark sets and 1 MTB (eBay set- did not like the doc requirements direct) ...free and clear. All still sealed.

I also buy JH set, postings indicate an odd mix of graded slabs, so intent to keep set sealed gets kiboshed and
    I get 68s , GEM BUs and 1 69PL. I sell 69PL to fellow collector for his 66DMPL (same park) + $250 (I don't care about grades. I am just a bullion wh*re)
    JH set = $950 - 250 = $700

So 4 sets now (3 sealed, 1 open) for $700.

I then took advantage of DG opening back up for set #5 (still waiting on delivery) $937

Then I was left out of APMEX round 2 (Because of Dec 2010 set) , until they opened up and then had friend get me one of those for $1008

Final tally: 6 sets for approx $2645 ($440 per set) 440/150 oz Silver = $2.93 per oz.

Thank you US Mint...I mean it...really....Thank you. >>

I did the same type pattern but ended up sitting on nine sets and bought a PCGS 1872 seated dollar in Cam for my effort. The silver at 18/oz overall and 7 of 9 unopened sets are sitting here taunting me. The urge just isn't there yet.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received my JH Slabbed Set , (thank you COINBOY for the heads up!) and it is amazing to see the ATB's

in the slab as the PCGS holders are well done and easy to handle with great protection and superb display.

The grades are:

Grand Canyon MS68
    Hot Springs MS68 DMPL - stunning, stands out!
    Mt. Hood Gem BU - some scratches, a few nicks
    Yellowstone MS68DMPL - some scratches in the fields on the reverse
    Yosemite MS69PL - silky textures

This is my one graded set so I feel fortunate and content.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    jp297jp297 Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Woo this thread moves fast… Thanks for the welcomes. Friendly place. Always appreciate when pros here share experience and knowledge. And for those keeping count, happy enough with my two sets (though tempted to resubmit one of the JH GEM BUs that looks quite good to my 100% inexperienced and untrained eye - rookie mistake, I guess image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So I opened 1 of 2 of my JH sets and I lost the game on this one. lol.

Hot Springs - 68DMPL
    Grand Canyon - 68PL (Which doesn't look PL to me with all the die polish)
    Yellowstone - Gem Bu
    Yosemite - Gem Bu
    Mount Hood - Gem Bu

The interesting thing to me is that some of these Gem Bullion coins look to me like they should grade 68+. Makes me wonder who the hell graded these and what was going on in their mind. lol. >>

Take a close look and turn them in the light. See if you have any small spots on the coin. They can be hard to see unless the tilt/light are just right.....and, these can limit the coin.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Yes, welcome JP to the world's biggest and quickest moving thread on ATB's!

Enjoy the "Gift" Sets!

Miles
  • Options
    mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

Got 2 e mails from apmex today...at 8:40 they said we havent recieved your payment yet please remit and at 11:32 We recieved your payment expected date of shipping is 4/29/2011.
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Got 2 e mails from apmex today...at 8:40 they said we havent recieved your payment yet please remit and at 11:32 We recieved your payment expected date of shipping is 4/29/2011. >>

Cool...thats better than the first expected mid-May delivery schedule. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Got 2 e mails from apmex today...at 8:40 they said we havent recieved your payment yet please remit and at 11:32 We recieved your payment expected date of shipping is 4/29/2011. >>

Cool...thats better than the first expected mid-May delivery schedule. image >>

Don't hold your breath waiting for your package....as Ms. M stated they don't even have the coins back yet

After my "payment received" email I was given a shipping date of 4/20......that didn't happen

That "B Vault" is a mystical place where all the coins they don't have go.....image
  • Options
    Thanks for replying about Dillon Gage.

Don't you just love it when you have no idea when they are going to ship or how they are going to ship. Are you suppose to stay home all day and wait for them to ship? At least with the Mint you are sure of getting tracking.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for replying about Dillon Gage.

Don't you just love it when you have no idea when they are going to ship or how they are going to ship. Are you suppose to stay home all day and wait for them to ship? At least with the Mint you are sure of getting tracking. >>

It's just a bit of passive aggressive behavior from the AP's.....they are being forced to sell bullion below spot to consumers that they don't really want to deal with and this is their little way of transferring some aggravation to the buyer....
  • Options

<< <i>

DOH! Work post. image

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Ok I know it's still early and I have inhaled enough paint stripper today to fog my brain (not recreational) but maybe someone could explain this one:

Hmmmm

NGC MS 69 ER that went for over a grand

...oh...and in the details it says PCGS MS 67

So maybe confusion adds a few hundred???
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the buyer needs to complete the rest of their set?
  • Options
    I think PitBoss has it right. Wayne has been around for quite awhile and is sharp, and happy, so

I too would imagine his buyer is building a set for self or someone that is willing to pay more

to avoid any further waiting. And how about the Yo's??! My 69PL went up in value.

Miles
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

With the sea of red on the price guide it appears as if the prices are starting to stabilize and show some true values. As more

and more of these coins get graded and the 2011's come out we will see the true worth establish itself. I don't think the

collectors version is going to be as highly sought as the bullion version as the brilliant finish of the bullion coins is more eye

appealing in my opinion.
  • Options

<< <i> I don't think the collectors version is going to be as highly sought as the bullion version as the brilliant finish of the bullion coins is more eye
    appealing in my opinion. >>

I am inclined to agree, however he 27,000 mintage 2010 Collectors will make it interesting.
    people will not buy from the Mint 52 separate times over the course of this issue so interest will focus
    on the bullion side where I can probable buy all 2011 issues as a set off eBay after the final 2011 is released.
    Thu making it fairly simple to extend my bullion set.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Interesting. Several months ago NGC 69 ER Yosemite's were certainly going for that. Sold one myself for right at $1000. Maybe someone had a flashback? LSD will do that for many years I hear.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Don't hold your breath waiting for your package....as Ms. M stated they don't even have the coins back yet

After my "payment received" email I was given a shipping date of 4/20......that didn't happen

That "B Vault" is a mystical place where all the coins they don't have go.....image >>

Exactly right...mine was scheduled to ship yesterday because I had sent a personal check, though it is still in the B vault.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

That "B Vault" is a mystical place where all the coins they don't have go.....image >>

Exactly right...mine was scheduled to ship yesterday because I had sent a personal check, though it is still in the B vault. >>

Mine was to ship 4-16 not here yet still in B vault
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so I broke down, jumped through the paperwork hoops, and sent out my order for set #8, from Prudential.image

Waiting for status reports on my orders from C&T, DG, and Apmex. I haven't heard a peep from any of them lately.

I decided to send my Yosemite PCGS MS69 PL FS in for a spot review on my "thumbprint over Unum" variety.

Gonna break out my ungraded raw sets and compare them to the known graded coins to see where we are at with the potential. My initial once-over was pretty hopeful for the AMarks, Fidelitrades and the MTBs as well. I estimated my MTB Grand Canyon as MS-70 DMPL. That'd be pretty cool.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Well it is a rainy, cold day in Massachusetts...Bosox are on the west coast......I was bored sooooo...I decided to open up my DG set that I was going to flip as a sealed set. The reason being, other than boredom, it that recent sales of raw sets are just about at the sealed set prices so...what to lose..(Oh...did I mention I was bored)

Damn..I am SO glad that I didn't sell that set sealed....It, by far, is the best looking set I have received (7 so far)

EVERY coin looks perfect to me with DMPL noisily screaming at me......(well, the MH has a small patch of schmutz on the obverse that will be devoured by acetone)

Little tiny gift box with coins in flips and it blows away my AMark set in slabs that I got 4 69's from

Dudes (and Dudettes)...if you have a sealed DG set.....wait for a rainy day and go for it!!!!

This set is NOT staying raw......

• Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Wish you could send some of that rain down south to Texas. We are about to dry up and blow away. At this point we would even take yankee rain.image
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well it is a rainy, cold day in Massachusetts...Bosox are on the west coast......I was bored sooooo...I decided to open up my DG set that I was going to flip as a sealed set. The reason being, other than boredom, it that recent sales of raw sets are just about at the sealed set prices so...what to lose..(Oh...did I mention I was bored)

Damn..I am SO glad that I didn't sell that set sealed....It, by far, is the best looking set I have received (7 so far)

EVERY coin looks perfect to me with DMPL noisily screaming at me......(well, the MH has a small patch of schmutz on the obverse that will be devoured by acetone)

Little tiny gift box with coins in flips and it blows away my AMark set in slabs that I got 4 69's from

Dudes (and Dudettes)...if you have a sealed DG set.....wait for a rainy day and go for it!!!!

This set is NOT staying raw...... >>

I'll be opening and examining my final DG set tomorrow. Congrats to you! image
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

EVERY coin looks perfect to me with DMPL noisily screaming at me......(

THAT's what I'm talkin' about!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Well it is a rainy, cold day in Massachusetts...Bosox are on the west coast......I was bored sooooo...I decided to open up my DG set that I was going to flip as a sealed set. The reason being, other than boredom, it that recent sales of raw sets are just about at the sealed set prices so...what to lose..(Oh...did I mention I was bored)

This set is NOT staying raw...... >>

You got lucky! My DG set was the worst I've rec'd this year! I wouldn't touch a DG unopened set with a 15 ft. pole. It's all luck anyway....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file