Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Who's buying the 2011's? I'm not planning to. I'm very interested to get an idea of whether folks are just getting the 2010s thinking that they'll be the keys or buying the whole set. >>

I plan on buying the 2011's but really for the silver content. I have zero intentions of getting them graded unless a couple years from now they take off in value.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    I agree on the 2011 bullion versions. They're strictly bullion to me at 125,000, so I will seek out the best price. For the 2010s (bullion and numismatic) I tried and will continue to try to buy as many as possible thinking they will be the keys, at least for now. As the years go by time will tell if more keys surface, and I will attempt to load up where it seems to make sense.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm buying three of each. If any of them look like 69 PL or DMPLs, I'll have them graded. I'd like to keep one set and sell the rest. I think with the Civil War sesquicentennial starting up that Gettysburg could be very popular. 126,000 may not be enough. My favorite design, though, is the Glacier. I can't wait to see that one in hand!
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Who's buying the 2011's? I'm not planning to. I'm very interested to get an idea of whether folks are just getting the 2010s thinking that they'll be the keys or buying the whole set. >>

collect what you like.

I'm hoping to buy them all in quantity.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Just got a call from Prudential. Account set up. I sent paperwork delivered on Monday the 25th so moving quick. Said to expect a call from the shipping co in 4 weeks or less. Heck these could be worth double in silver in 4 weeks lol.
  • Options
    You are lucky. My paperwork was delivered the 22nd and I have heard nothing. bummer for me!

Wait...just got my call! My one and only set image
  • Options
    With the high mintage of the 2011 bullion pucks it would make sense to watch the intraday spot price and grab them at a reasonably low point...important if one is buying a roll of each....

A $1 intraday drop would be a $100 difference in the 2 roll price

No rush.....The spot price is all over the place every day
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We make these assumptions, but I bet we will get a few surprises before this program closes its doors. If silver keeps rising dramatically, 2010 might be the high mintage year that gets melted as bullion.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>You are lucky. My paperwork was delivered the 22nd and I have heard nothing. bummer for me! >>

WooHoo!!! Just got my call from PB...my one and only set.
  • Options
    HawgstickHawgstick Posts: 240 ✭✭
    Does anyone have a link to the recent these about submission changes coming May 1? Also first strike date cutoff?

I submitted some and was told by Stephanie that they do not qualify. Sorry for any errors In my request....iPhone!
    BST Transactions;
    Seller- thebigeng; morgansforever; bolivarshagnasty
    Buyer-nibanny; derryb; zubie; smittys; konsole; tootawl; socalbigmark; fullcameo; coinkid855
  • Options
    Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness will be a sleeper. You heard it here first.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options

<< <i>Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness will be a sleeper. You heard it here first. >>

I'm snoring a bit already image
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I have never heard of it. Where is it?
  • Options

<< <i>We make these assumptions, but I bet we will get a few surprises before this program closes its doors. If silver keeps rising dramatically, 2010 might be the high mintage year that gets melted as bullion. >>

So 2010 had 33k minted and 2011 is way over 100k minted....how can 2010 be the "high mintage year that gets melted"?

Just askin'

• Options
    rising silver prices has sure dampened demand for ASE's!!!!!!!!! Not!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Personally, I feel that the 2010 bullion have a much smaller chance of being usurped mintage-wise than the 2010-Ps.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>I have never heard of it. Where is it? >>

Idaho. Coming out in 2019.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options

Pending my first view of the 2010 P coin I feel the bullion version to be much more desirable set to own at this point.

I like the mirror finish on the bullion coins as opposed to the dull finish on the collector version.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I have never heard of it. Where is it? >>

Idaho. Coming out in 2019. >>

I hope you enjoy it as I will be too old to do so by that time.
  • Options
    [................................................................................................................................................................................]
    [................................................................................................................................................................................]
    [...............................................................I NEED YOUR HELP...............................................................................]

A miracle has occured.

I have the ear of the US Mint Headquarters.

If you have stories, like of Silvertowne's purchase of ATB sets from tGC, please let me know and HELP by supporting me. I need the information you have to help back me up.

[...............................................................I NEED YOUR HELP...............................................................................]
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

A miracle has occured.

If you have stories, like of Silvertowne's purchase of ATB sets from tGC, please let me know and HELP by supporting me. I need the information you have to help back me up.

• Options

<< <i>[................................................................................................................................................................................]

A miracle has occured.

[................................................................................................................................................................................] >>

Time to get those dirty lil AP's like GC!
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No box from CNT funny they must have sent this registered mail as after 2 days of no info it shows it arrived in chicago at the UNIT whatever that is its still a day away from here. Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Personally, I feel that the 2010 bullion have a much smaller chance of being usurped mintage-wise than the 2010-Ps. >>

I agree.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>[................................................................................................................................................................................]

A miracle has occured.

Esp gtg!!

[................................................................................................................................................................................] >>

Time to get those dirty lil AP's like GC! >>

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness will be a sleeper. You heard it here first.

I have never heard of it. Where is it?

I may be mistaken, but I understand that the CIA has had a hand in making it very hard to locate.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness will be a sleeper. You heard it here first. >>

here`s another. Weir Farm. it will be a puck near the end of the series. it was made a state park not that long ago. i used to camp there as a kid. at that time i think it was still privately owned and eventually given to the state.
    weir farm
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    Kind of cool that they're not just focusing on the big name parks but getting some of the lesser known ones in there too.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2011's are showing up on the bay

Text

• Options
    Hi,I got a shipment notification on the 21st from jack hunt.When I track it,just says they received information but it is still not shipped.Anyone else have this problem.Laters
  • Options

I order my set of 2 from Amark. They are going to be PCGS graded BU.
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a real nice NGC gem BU set from Jack Hunt. My coins n things set is sitting at the post office.
  • Options

<< <i>Hi,I got a shipment notification on the 21st from jack hunt.When I track it,just says they received information but it is still not shipped.Anyone else have this problem.Laters >>

You could always email them. JH has been great about responding to emails.
  • Options
    Did they today ,hopefully will here back soon.Just wandering if anyone else have this happen.Thanks Brian
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My CNT set came today, but I was out in the back yard putting dy-no-mite charges under the dandylions and missed the maillady. Gotta wait till Monday.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

<< <i>My CNT set came today, but I was out in the back yard putting dy-no-mite charges under the dandylions and missed the maillady. Gotta wait till Monday. >>

What can you do? Sometimes explosives take precedent over pucks.

I am still waiting for my JHs, as I was one of the "JH 25." I wonder what the bottom of the barrel coins look like.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I am still waiting for my JHs, as I was one of the "JH 25." I wonder what the bottom of the barrel coins look like. >>

I'm still waiting as well (another JH 25 member)... we were promised PCGS graded coins of at least MS68 so I don't expect to get anything less, do you??

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I am still waiting for my JHs, as I was one of the "JH 25." I wonder what the bottom of the barrel coins look like. >>

I'm still waiting as well (another JH 25 member)... we were promised PCGS graded coins of at least MS68 so I don't expect to get anything less, do you?? >>

No, I trust that we'll at least get 68s, but hopefully they ran out of preferred customers for the 69DMPLs and we'll get a few of those too! image
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I'm still waiting as well (another JH 25 member)... we were promised PCGS graded coins of at least MS68 so I don't expect to get anything less, do you?? >>

No, I trust that we'll at least get 68s, but hopefully they ran out of preferred customers for the 69DMPLs and we'll get a few of those too! image >>

Now that would be sweet!! Hopefully I get my JH 25 set this coming week... seems like I've been waiting forever on that one!! I just want some graded coins so I can compare them to my raw sets since I currently don't know if I'm looking at 69DMPLs or 68PLs or whatever... image

• Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

After thinking it over I decided to pull the trigger on A-Mark. Went to their website & they still have the pair for
    $629.95 so ordered some. Assuming you want these graded, you'd have to find the raws for $518 for the pair to
    have a comparable deal. The cheapest I could find was $550/raw pair from Provident. So A-Mark really is the
    best deal around if you're looking for First Strike/Early Release pucks. Sure, if silver goes below $48 you'll be
    able to pick them up for less. But I don't see that happening within the next 30 days, which is the window for
    the FS/ER designation.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    I ordered from A-MARK as a THANK YOU for being the best AP out there and for providing the best pucks that I got. I`ll leave them as BU CHOICE so no need to send off for protection.
  • Options

I agree completely.

Those above reasons are why I went with Amark.

Great people to deal with.
  • Options
    Why are Yellowstone DMPL69s going for $2,000 when the population reports don't support their premium price?
  • Options

<< <i>I agree completely.

Great people to deal with. >>

Well yeah, there's that too. A-Mark is one of the few APs I feel I can trust, and unless they do something stupid
    to abuse that trust, that's where my business will go. Sure, the Jim Hausmans & Jack Hunts of the world may
    think they've gotten away with their shenanigans, but integrity goes a long way with most people. They've
    exposed themselves for what they really are, so even some of their "preferred" customers might begin to think
    twice about getting involved in certain deals with them. Karma can be a *itch sometimes. image

And as far as the Ystones going for a premium, it's the (un)availability factor. Those that have them simply are not selling them.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I agree completely.

Great people to deal with. >>

Well yeah, there's that too. A-Mark is one of the few APs I feel I can trust, and unless they do something stupid
    to abuse that trust, that's where my business will go. Sure, the Jim Hausmans & Jack Hunts of the world may
    think they've gotten away with their shenanigans, but integrity goes a long way with most people. They've
    exposed themselves for what they really are, so even some of their "preferred" customers might begin to think
    twice about getting involved in certain deals with them. Karma can be a *itch sometimes. image

And as far as the Ystones going for a premium, it's the (un)availability factor. Those that have them simply are not selling them. >>

A-Mark gets top grade for their fair distribution. In regards to the Yellows, my conspiracy theory says that there is a reason for their scarcity. and it ain't the good coin collector loving the piece. If I was a distributor that just mailed out thousands of 68s and lower pucks, like a thief in the night I would wait until the heat died down before trying to fence the goods. image
  • Options

I just sent in my first order to PCGS for grading. Have a few nice Ystones. If I get lucky & get a few 69 DMPLs, I'd sure do my best to alleviate the "shortage". image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>I just sent in my first order to PCGS for grading. Have a few nice Ystones. If I get lucky & get a few 69 DMPLs, I'd sure do my best to alleviate the "shortage". image >>

Your contribution would be most appreciated image
  • Options

<< <i>I just sent in my first order to PCGS for grading. Have a few nice Ystones. If I get lucky & get a few 69 DMPLs, I'd sure do my best to alleviate the "shortage". image >>

Ok...I admit I am stumped. I just tried to fill out the online submission form for my ATB's and my problems are:

..when I enter the FS coin number it comes up as invalid

..when I enter the regular number it works but I can't seem to find out how to add FS to the coins

..I can't find how to add the "oversized holder"

Other than that everything went smoothly image
  • Options

All I did was fill out one of the order forms I got in the packet when I joined & sent them in. Is there an advantage for doing it online?

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Looks like 13700 image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file